*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abhinav']Just like everyone else, I'm really hoping for ~$10 Prototype 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm not really dead set on either of those games but it would be nice to get them at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

And I guess I'll be getting Battlefield 3 yet again.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Can you use a gift card towards the purchase of an @gamer subscription? Received an email informing me that my current subscription is about to expire.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. It rings up just like anything else in the store.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Can you use a gift card towards the purchase of an @gamer subscription? Received an email informing me that my current subscription is about to expire.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]I believe you can, since buying an @Gamer subscription is like any other transaction at BBY where you can use a GC.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't see why not. It rings up just like anything else in the store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']I believe you can, since buying an @Gamer subscription is like any other transaction at BBY where you can use a GC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Needed to get rid of some older games while their 100% trade-in promotion is still active, and will use the GC towards the subscription.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Why is the PS3 version of Battlefield getting the discount?[/QUOTE]

Check out the TIV's for Battlefield 3. The PS3 one sank to $4 base at best buy.

My sub expired after the massive deals for SSX and Soul Caliber and I guess I should renew but I'm frustrated that I don't get half the magazines. I know I should probably go digital, but I really prefer just physically having the magazine. Can't pass these up though, so another year of "is it or is it not coming in the mail".

Bummer for me. Only in for Lollipop if it hits $20 or less after coupon.

Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?[/QUOTE]

I've done it

Dang, that's like the last answer I wanted to hear. I did store lookup and it seems that one kind of far away had a CE of the game. Wouldn't want to drive out there on a maybe. Also wasn't aware that there was a regular edition of this game, Best Buy up here has a rack full of Radnet ones.

I may have misspoke in the post. I meant the CE of Prototype 2 would not be valid for the coupon. I think that's called the therestoomanyversionsofgamesthesedays Blackwatch edition..? The radnet/regular Prototype 2 games should get discounted w/ the coupon.. just not the CE

[quote name='Scorch']I've done it

I may have misspoke in the post. I meant the CE of Prototype 2 would not be valid for the coupon. I think that's called the therestoomanyversionsofgamesthesedays Blackwatch edition..? The radnet/regular Prototype 2 games should get discounted w/ the coupon.. just not the CE[/QUOTE]

Ok, thought you said that the Blackwatch would be YMMV. I just meant that that'd be too far for a maybe, but a shame that it might be possible to get actually get it. But yeah, coupons are tied to SKUs and Blackwatch edition is a different one. Though hey, I got someone to get Walmart to price match the coupon for KOA:R (they don't price match that kind of coupon), so I might be able to get that person to get Best Buy to do this one.

ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.

[quote name='chosen_one_13']Ok, thought you said that the Blackwatch would be YMMV. I just meant that that'd be too far for a maybe, but a shame that it might be possible to get actually get it. But yeah, coupons are tied to SKUs and Blackwatch edition is a different one. Though hey, I got someone to get Walmart to price match the coupon for KOA:R (they don't price match that kind of coupon), so I might be able to get that person to get Best Buy to do this one.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, way back when there were coupons for Final Fantasy XIII-2, I scanned a CE and the coupon still applied. Probably still YMMV so it doesn't really help you decide whether to drive out there, but for anyone else with the Blackwatch Edition in-stock nearby, it's worth a shot.

I'm in for Prototype 2 and Lollipop at $10. Might pick up ME3 or BF3 if there's a worthwhile flip since my GS credit's almost out. Has anyone heard anything regarding which version of Lollipop plays better? Remember reading speculation that the 360 version was best around release time but never really saw any confirmation afterwards.

[quote name='AFC']FWIW, way back when there were coupons for Final Fantasy XIII-2, I scanned a CE and the coupon still applied. Probably still YMMV so it doesn't really help you decide whether to drive out there, but for anyone else with the Blackwatch Edition in-stock nearby, it's worth a shot.

I'm in for Prototype 2 and Lollipop at $10. Might pick up ME3 or BF3 if there's a worthwhile flip since my GS credit's almost out. Has anyone heard anything regarding which version of Lollipop plays better? Remember reading speculation that the 360 version was best around release time but never really saw any confirmation afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Can't say which plays better, but I have the Xbox version and it seemed to play just fine for me. Either the PS3 one is "worse" or it probably doesn't matter which one is better.

[quote name='mrclutch']ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.[/QUOTE]
I think this is going to have a price drop soon. I think 10 would be a better deal than 20.

I'm reading the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw... Even if the game were to drop to $10 (after coupon), it really doesn't look that appealing. It seems like everyone wants to get the game for some reason though; someone care to share why?

[quote name='rawool']I'm reading the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw... Even if the game were to drop to $10 (after coupon), it really doesn't look that appealing. It seems like everyone wants to get the game for some reason though; someone care to share why?[/QUOTE]
Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.

[quote name='rawool']I'm reading the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw... Even if the game were to drop to $10 (after coupon), it really doesn't look that appealing. It seems like everyone wants to get the game for some reason though; someone care to share why?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.[/QUOTE]

^That and because I've been a fan of Suda's games since Killer7. While they almost always have some gameplay issues, I tend to find the overall experience enjoyable and at least it's something different. For $10-$20 of my money, I figure it's worth it.

As for the comment about ME3 getting a repackage - it's possible, but considering ME2 never got a release with all the DLC (not counting the delayed PS3 version) I'd be surprised if EA didn't simply keep milking the game's DLC with the same edition, or going to platinum hits (where it would be $20 anyway).

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Bummer for me. Only in for Lollipop if it hits $20 or less after coupon.

Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?[/QUOTE]

it is ymmv, ppl have been rejected before trying to price match after using the coupon, so just keep that in mind.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I think this is going to have a price drop soon. I think 10 would be a better deal than 20.[/QUOTE]

No need to think that. $10 is always a better deal than $20. ;)

prototype 2 flopped badly, i saw so many copies of that game at my local bestbuy stores. it is sad. i see the same fate with darksiders 2, saw ample amount of copies at my bestbuy stores, so you never know.

[quote name='YBX87']prototype 2 flopped badly, i saw so many copies of that game at my local bestbuy stores. it is sad. i see the same fate with darksiders 2, saw ample amount of copies at my bestbuy stores, so you never know.[/QUOTE]According to VGChartz it sold 950k across all platforms, which isn't really a bomb - it was #1 during the month of release (though it was said to a be bad month for everyone). I guess that's little comfort to Radical Entertainment now that they're gone, though. But to be honest, I'm surprised that Prototype 2 or Darksiders 2 or Darkness II were all even made.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']According to VGChartz it sold 950k across all platforms, which isn't really a bomb - it was #1 during the month of release (though it was said to a be bad month for everyone). I guess that's little comfort to Radical Entertainment now that they're gone, though. But to be honest, I'm surprised that Prototype 2 or Darksiders 2 or Darkness II were all even made.[/QUOTE]

Thats a major flop for big title from a big studio on all 3 platforms.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']According to VGChartz it sold 950k across all platforms, which isn't really a bomb - it was #1 during the month of release (though it was said to a be bad month for everyone). I guess that's little comfort to Radical Entertainment now that they're gone, though. But to be honest, I'm surprised that Prototype 2 or Darksiders 2 or Darkness II were all even made.[/QUOTE]

i am actually more surprised prototype 2 has not being on sale through bestbuy deal of the day. i heard about the dev company being gone. i guess there would be no prototype 3, LOL

[quote name='mrclutch']ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Ending and all? I love the series, I've even read the books and comics, but the lack of effort in ME3's ending really disappointed me.

[quote name='YBX87']it is ymmv, ppl have been rejected before trying to price match after using the coupon, so just keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Will wait to see if it goes on sale, then. Don't think I'd buy Lollipop Chainsaw for $40.

[quote name='TooPoor']Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AFC']^That and because I've been a fan of Suda's games since Killer7. While they almost always have some gameplay issues, I tend to find the overall experience enjoyable and at least it's something different. For $10-$20 of my money, I figure it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Thanks fellas.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']According to VGChartz[/QUOTE]

VGChartz is a bullshit site full of made up figures.

Damn, I already have almost everything, but maybe I'll pick up a second copy of ME3. Might pick up Lollipop Chainsaw if it's the right price.

I'll be in for Lollipop Chainsaw and Prototype 2 if they go on sale. So happy the new mags are rolling out, I was having gamer coupon withdrawals :bouncy:

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont think i can resist BF3 for 15$. Wonder if it will work on that new DLC bundle one thats coming out too though[/QUOTE]

That would be insane if it did, but the newer one will probably have a different SKU so it wont work.

Prototype 2 for $20 gets me VERY excited. I've been hankering for a new Infamous style game, and it looks like this will scratch that itch.

lollipop chainsaw is a fairly entertaining ride. but once you beat it and play it again, you realize just how boring it actually is. if it gets cheap, give it a go and then trade it in. you wont likely want to play it again.

Eh Prototype 2 felt like a $10 game to me when I rented it from GameFly during a trial. Dumb, meaningless story with repeated mission design. And to all of you who would love to get it for $20, you can pick it up used at goHastings for like $17/18 shipped right now

Wonder if BF3 coupon will apply to PC version as well. If that's the case, $15 is my price point.

[quote name='HornyPony']Eh Prototype 2 felt like a $10 game to me when I rented it from GameFly during a trial. Dumb, meaningless story with repeated mission design. And to all of you who would love to get it for $20, you can pick it up used at goHastings for like $17/18 shipped right now

Wonder if BF3 coupon will apply to PC version as well. If that's the case, $15 is my price point.[/quote]

. yah you can get it for like $17-$18 shipped used or if you wait til September you can get it new for $20. I think people would rather have a new copy a few bucks more. And you may even get it cheaper if it goes on sale next month.

I'm down for Prototype and Lollipop if Lollipo goes on sale. I'll probably just buy Prototype 2 for $20.

I would love another copy of bf3 on 360. I traded mine in a while back and regretted it.

Looks like it's PS3 only though.

And Mass Effect 3 is a good buy at 20$. I bought it at 60 and it was worth it. Great game despite a lackluster ending and the multiplayer is fun and gets addictive.

Still hate the 29.99 and up. I really wish they'd even just do a 19.99 and up. Wish there'd be some more 3DS stuff too, oh well...Can't really complain overall the coupons look pretty good.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Hmm.... I could see Lollipop Chainsaw dropping to 29.99 sometime this month, same goes for ME3. Might try to sell my ME3 LE and just pick up a standard copy since the PS3 version (which I got) doesn't seem to be rare at all and I personally hate steelbooks for games (I keep thinking I'm going to crack the disc every time I take it out of its case, which is alot since I play a good amount of MP).[/QUOTE]

I agree. Lollipop Chainsaw was on sale at Target for $39.99 not long ago.

I signed up during the SSX/SC5 mag, right on the first day. I've yet to get a mag in the mail. Is there a way to check on the site if they put me down as digital?

bread's done
Back