*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely worthwhile to sign up for the year rather than an individual magazine. Even if you don't make use of the "unlocked" bonuses, it's worthwhile if you would otherwise pick up 3 issues. And there's been at least one coupon in most issues since I joined that I've been interested in.

ME3, Prototype 2, and Lollipop Chainsaw will be worthwhile for $10 if they go on sale such that that's what they are after the coupon.

If it gets to the end and they haven't gone on sale, I may still pick up ME3 for $20, as I still have some credit from the 100% trade-in-bonus earlier in the summer.

A couple of quick questions if someone has a second:

When you sign up in store for "Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked" by printing the barcode page from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits, do you just tell the cashier during checkout that you want your @ Gamer subscription to be digital? How is that determined?

If I sign up sometime during 9/2 - 10/6, will I get that month's coupons digitally? How long does it take to get your first digital issue? Thanks!

Oh Yea these coupons are looking good ! Then again after not seeing street fighter x tekken and pga not go on sale I'm not as confident that there will be good stacks with these so let's hope for the best. I'm also dissapointed that the 5$ off used 9.99 - 19.99 game coupon didn't return as I would have used it on motorstorm pacific rift :(

[quote name='ZildjianKX']A couple of quick questions if someone has a second:

When you sign up in store for "Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked" by printing the barcode page from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits, do you just tell the cashier during checkout that you want your @ Gamer subscription to be digital? How is that determined?

If I sign up sometime during 9/2 - 10/6, will I get that month's coupons digitally? How long does it take to get your first digital issue? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I signed up on August 18. The cashier asked if I wanted print or digital. I chose digital. A few days later I got an email saying I am signed up for the digital version and that they will email when the next issue (september) is available. I do not have access to this month's issue. They are supposed to give you a print copy when you sign up, whether or not you choose the print or digital.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I signed up on August 18. The cashier asked if I wanted print or digital. I chose digital. A few days later I got an email saying I am signed up for the digital version and that they will email when the next issue (september) is available. I do not have access to this month's issue. They are supposed to give you a print copy when you sign up, whether or not you choose the print or digital.[/QUOTE]

How long exactly did it take for you to get your email because I signed up for the digital subscription on 8/17 and have yet to receive any type of email from best buy about @gamer

Sweet I'm in for Mass Effect 3 for sure now since I just got 1 and 2. I might buy games at GameStop first to trade in at best buy for profit and maximize my deal. Then I'll think about getting lollipop chainsaw and prototype 2 when I get back from vacation towards the middle of the month.

[quote name='JayRooster']How long exactly did it take for you to get your email because I signed up for the digital subscription on 8/17 and have yet to receive any type of email from best buy about @gamer[/QUOTE]

I was wrong about the dates. I ordered it on August 13 and got the email on August 20.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I signed up on August 18. The cashier asked if I wanted print or digital. I chose digital. A few days later I got an email saying I am signed up for the digital version and that they will email when the next issue (september) is available. I do not have access to this month's issue. They are supposed to give you a print copy when you sign up, whether or not you choose the print or digital.[/QUOTE]

So you just bring an issue to the register when you're signing up, and the cashier knows to give you the issue for free?

[quote name='ZildjianKX']So you just bring an issue to the register when you're signing up, and the cashier knows to give you the issue for free?[/QUOTE]

When I signed up in the game section the employee gave me the current month and the last 5 back issue that they still had in stock. I don't know if every employee knows to give you the current issue when you sign up for the membership.

[quote name='Marauder7']When I signed up in the game section the employee gave me the current month and the last 5 back issue that they still had in stock. I don't know if every employee knows to give you the current issue when you sign up for the membership.[/QUOTE]

most of us do. but all they have to do is ring up the magazine and once the cashier hits total, it'll show as free with a subscription.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']most of us do. but all they have to do is ring up the magazine and once the cashier hits total, it'll show as free with a subscription.[/QUOTE]

While I'm sure most do since I know I'm becoming a regular at BB and I know the guys at the game section really know their stuff, I had an instance where I was buying my subscription and had to ask the employee if I get the current issue free since I wanted that month's coupons. He didn't know until he rang it up and showed it was free while he was doing my subscription, so it is always best to just bring the magazine with you to the counter just to be on the safe side.

[quote name='Manifest95']While I'm sure most do since I know I'm becoming a regular at BB and I know the guys at the game section really know their stuff, I had an instance where I was buying my subscription and had to ask the employee if I get the current issue free since I wanted that month's coupons. He didn't know until he rang it up and showed it was free while he was doing my subscription, so it is always best to just bring the magazine with you to the counter just to be on the safe side.[/QUOTE]

exactly. even if they're like blah blah blah it costs $5, it'll ring up as free after doing the subscription.

Here is a question...

So I'm GCU until 9/26 according to my rz page. I should be receiving this months issue right?

And I you were me, when would you renew? I'm trying to time it so that I receive my welcome packet by Black Friday. Renew on 9/27 or renew when the next issue is on the shelf? Any suggestions/advice would be most helpful.

I dont see the Prototype 2 collectors edition on the website. WHats it cost these days? May be worth getting with the $30 coupon. LOoks like the regular edition would be 19.99 with this coupon right now... I was hoping for about $10 =(

Hell is the CE even worth it? I dont recall it having any physical swag. I think it was all DLC crap with a single artbook, wasn't it? I dont even think it had a steelbook or anything

*edit* i see people saying ME3 and Prototype 2 would be $10... can they not do math or am I missing something? P2 is $49.99 with a $30 coupon.. thats $19.99. Where the hell are people getting $10 from? Me3 is $39.99 with a $20 coupon.. that also equals $19.99. Is there some other promo going that im missing? I dont get it

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is the Prototype 2 - coupon good on all versions[/QUOTE]

It should... thats why im wondering what the CE costs. I know i used the Soul Calibur one on the CE without a problem la while back. Unless theyve changed it. Anyone used a coupon recently on a CE

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont see the Prototype 2 collectors edition on the website. WHats it cost these days? May be worth getting with the $30 coupon. LOoks like the regular edition would be 19.99 with this coupon right now... I was hoping for about $10 =(

Hell is the CE even worth it? I dont recall it having any physical swag. I think it was all DLC crap with a single artbook, wasn't it? I dont even think it had a steelbook or anything

*edit* i see people saying ME3 and Prototype 2 would be $10... can they not do math or am I missing something? P2 is $49.99 with a $30 coupon.. thats $19.99. Where the hell are people getting $10 from? Me3 is $39.99 with a $20 coupon.. that also equals $19.99. Is there some other promo going that im missing? I dont get it

It should... thats why im wondering what the CE costs. I know i used the Soul Calibur one on the CE without a problem la while back. Unless theyve changed it. Anyone used a coupon recently on a CE

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, I tried to buy the Street Fighter Vs Tekken CE and got rejected. And I'm wondering about ME3 and P2 $10 tag as well :drool:

[quote name='Kenshindono']*edit* i see people saying ME3 and Prototype 2 would be $10... can they not do math or am I missing something? P2 is $49.99 with a $30 coupon.. thats $19.99. Where the hell are people getting $10 from? Me3 is $39.99 with a $20 coupon.. that also equals $19.99. Is there some other promo going that im missing? I dont get it
^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

I think it's more that people are posting the price point they'd be willing/wanting to pay, if those particular titles see a price drop/sale price prior to the coupon expiring.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont see the Prototype 2 collectors edition on the website. WHats it cost these days? May be worth getting with the $30 coupon. LOoks like the regular edition would be 19.99 with this coupon right now... I was hoping for about $10 =(

[/QUOTE]

prototype 2 CE is $60 at my BB.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I think it's more that people are posting the price point they'd be willing/wanting to pay, if those particular titles see a price drop/sale price prior to the coupon expiring.[/QUOTE]

I think most folks are looking at what's happened historically. Games in the @Gamer magazine tend to go on sale before the coupon expires. Based on previous games/coupons/sales, it's likely that Prototype 2 will end up $39.99 sometime in the coming weeks. Likewise, Lollipop Chainsaw should drop to $29.99 or possibly $34.99.

So does anybody know if the title is updated for when these coupons align themselves with another large discount? I can't remember how I heard about the SSX deal (the last thing I bought from using the magazine) and hope someone can give me a rundown of how this works so I'll know whether I need to check the thread ever few days.

[quote name='thelonepig']I think most folks are looking at what's happened historically. Games in the @Gamer magazine tend to go on sale before the coupon expires. Based on previous games/coupons/sales, it's likely that Prototype 2 will end up $39.99 sometime in the coming weeks. Likewise, Lollipop Chainsaw should drop to $29.99 or possibly $34.99.[/QUOTE]

That's along the lines of what I meant to type and get across. Lol it's been a long day :p

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Here is a question...

So I'm GCU until 9/26 according to my rz page. I should be receiving this months issue right?

And I you were me, when would you renew? I'm trying to time it so that I receive my welcome packet by Black Friday. Renew on 9/27 or renew when the next issue is on the shelf? Any suggestions/advice would be most helpful.[/QUOTE]

Somebody mentioned something about getting a $5 RZ offer for renewing. Not sure what the details were though.

[quote name='Donut2922']Somebody mentioned something about getting a $5 RZ offer for renewing. Not sure what the details were though.[/QUOTE]
I remember seeing the post too. Never saw the offer anywhere.

[quote name='thelonepig'] Likewise, Lollipop Chainsaw should drop to $29.99 or possibly $34.99.[/QUOTE]I'd like to see that. But first, I'd like to see this issue show up in my mailbox. Seems like I usually get it within a day or two after Game Informer comes. I got the new GI almost 2 weeks ago, but still waiting for @Gamer.

[quote name='Donut2922']Somebody mentioned something about getting a $5 RZ offer for renewing. Not sure what the details were though.[/QUOTE]

Here's from the email I got on it:
Reward Zone Member #: xxxxxxxxx
Dear --------,
Just to remind you, your membership to Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked is scheduled to expire on xx/xx/2012. Renew your membership to continue receiving your great benefits.
Renew your annual membership for $14.99 before it expires and you'll receive 250 bonus points
(a $5 reward certificate¹)
. So power up, hit start and renew your membership right away.
Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked benefits include:
• Bonus points on new game software, including digital content, and accessory purchases
• 10% bonus credit on your trade-in video games
• 10% off all pre-owned games
• Free year-long subscription to @Gamer magazine, the exclusive gaming magazine
• Exclusive Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked offers

¹Reward certificates are coupons for discounts off future purchases.

So just renew your membership before it expires and you will get the $5 RZ cert. For essentially $10, this should be no-brainer considering all of the deals BB has been having lately for @Gamer members.

[quote name='major morgan']Here's from the email I got on it:

So just renew your membership before it expires and you will get the $5 RZ cert. For essentially $10, this should be no-brainer considering all of the deals BB has been having lately for @Gamer members.[/QUOTE]

I renewed in-store, but I haven't seen any updates to my points. Anyone else who renewed in-store get the 250 pts?

Thanks for sharing this. How far were you from expiring if you don't mind? I'm wondering if it is an offer they put out the closer you get to expiring.
I have about 3 weeks left and am about to renew mine, but if you had less time left I may hold off until closer to my expiration date.

[quote name='major morgan']Here's from the email I got on it:

So just renew your membership before it expires and you will get the $5 RZ cert. For essentially $10, this should be no-brainer considering all of the deals BB has been having lately for @Gamer members.[/QUOTE]

Can I use the $20 coupon on a pre-owned copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and then stack the $10 off any pre-owned game $30 or above to get LC for $15?

[quote name='Mateo66']Can I use the $20 coupon on a pre-owned copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and then stack the $10 off any pre-owned game $30 or above to get LC for $15?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Mateo66']Can I use the $20 coupon on a pre-owned copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and then stack the $10 off any pre-owned game $30 or above to get LC for $15?[/QUOTE]
:dunce:

[quote name='ninjabenja']Thanks for sharing this. How far were you from expiring if you don't mind? I'm wondering if it is an offer they put out the closer you get to expiring.
I have about 3 weeks left and am about to renew mine, but if you had less time left I may hold off until closer to my expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't expire for another two weeks and I have not renewed yet.

I was sent that email two weeks ago - which was almost exactly a month before expiration.

bread's done
Back