*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can log in here. Use the "forgot my password" and enter the email you used for Best Buy.

If you can get in, it'll tell you print/digital and when you can expect your fiirst mag.

I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.[/QUOTE]

ME1 is unavailable on PS3. It can be bought for xbox 360 or on Live

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Have you played ME2? If so, just get ME3 on whichever system you play 2 on. Personally I would play the first 2 but it isn't necessary.

Never played the first Prototype and not huge on what I've seen of 2, so if that hits $10 I may debate it if I have some extra time to test it out and then trade it in to GS during a Promo if I don't like it.

Would love to pick up Lollipop for $10 though.

ME1 is only on Xbox. I would easily recommend you play it, as I hated the second one. A big group of other people actually liked ME2, so you might too.

Prototype 2 is an interesting situation, in that it is currently at a TIV of $9.
So you would get $18 back for it if you didn't like it. With the coupon it would only cost you $20 initially.
So, do you treat it as a $2 rental, or do you gamble that it will drop even more?

I would think that if you did buy it now, and it dropped during the month, you SHOULD get a price adjustment even though you used a coupon. I don't see how using a coupon would make a difference.
However I've never tried it, nor do I know anyone that has.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Prototype 2 is an interesting situation, in that it is currently at a TIV of $9.
So you would get $18 back for it if you didn't like it. With the coupon it would only cost you $20 initially.
So, do you treat it as a $2 rental, or do you gamble that it will drop even more?

I would think that if you did buy it now, and it dropped during the month, you SHOULD get a price adjustment even though you used a coupon. I don't see how using a coupon would make a difference.
However I've never tried it, nor do I know anyone that has.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I've tried this twice (when I first started using the coupons and didn't really know any better) and the result depends on the store manager's policy and how closely the CS rep follows it. First time I tried to price adjust a game after using a coupon, the CS rep wouldn't re-apply the coupon and said that their manager was very clear not to allow it. Later that week, I went to a different store and figured I'd try again. CS rep here looked a little confused when I asked, but she asked somebody to bring over a magazine and did a return/rebuy for me. I'd hold off on using the coupon just to be on the safe side, unless you really need however much cash you're saving with it right away.

Price matching will not work automatically with coupons. It is a system restriction to not allow any coupons with a price match. The only way around this is manager approval or you can do a return and rebuy(Only do this if you are okay with buying P2 or Lolipop for $20, cause they will take your coupon and you won't be able to return and rebuy at a lower price without using the coupon).

If your hoping to snag P2 or Lolipop for $15 or less your going to have to wait until a sale comes unless you have an easy manager in your store to work with.

[quote name='Stimes']Switched one of my subscriptions to digital after the last mag came out, how do I get my coupons?[/QUOTE]

The coupons get sent by mail.

I'd grab Prototype 2 if it goes on sale. Might get Battlefield 3 as well. I already have it, but a second copy for my brother for $10 is pretty good.

[quote name='Stimes']Switched one of my subscriptions to digital after the last mag came out, how do I get my coupons?[/QUOTE]

I think you can print them out but I don't how

Quick question regarding welcome coupons. One coupon says buy two get one free new games valued up to $39.99. Does this mean that all three games must be below $39.99 or only the free one?

[quote name='bornbuckeye']Quick question regarding welcome coupons. One coupon says buy two get one free new games valued up to $39.99. Does this mean that all three games must be below $39.99 or only the free one?[/QUOTE]

Just the free one. The lowest of the three will be free as long as its under that $40 price.

You should get an email with the title something like, "July/September/October/etc @Gamer Magazine Available" and in that email there is a link to the coupons where you can print them.

[quote name='Althax']Just the free one. The lowest of the three will be free as long as its under that $40 price.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply!

My last month is September 2012. If I wait and re-up after my subscription officially ends, will I get the welcome packet and b2g1free coupon again. Or will I not receive anything regardless.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.[/QUOTE]

Wow...did I (a HUGE ME series fan) really say that you cant play ME1 on Xbox...this one is embarrassed.

[quote name='Geco17']I saw that when the 100% first started. I believe they did that just for this occasion.[/QUOTE]

BF3 still trades for more at amazon

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone know if best buys controllers that they are gonna sell for $39.99 are only for the black ones or is it any color?

For anyone that has had to renew a subscription, how does it work?
Mine runs out in Oct. Do you have to do it in store or can you do it through the website? I wouldn't mind doing it a month early just so there's no interruption of service.
Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']For anyone that has had to renew a subscription, how does it work?
Mine runs out in Oct. Do you have to do it in store or can you do it through the website? I wouldn't mind doing it a month early just so there's no interruption of service.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I went to a cashier and told them I wanted to renew my unlocked membership. Gave them my info and they said it should be added onto my account. I don't see any changes to my expiration yet, but I only did it yesterday so I'll give it a few more weeks if I have to.

Question: I am not a subscriber to @Gamer, and I'm not a "unlocked" reward zone member or whatever its called. With the additional cost of being "unlocked" as well as buying this issue of the mag, will it still be worth it if all I want is Prototype 2?

[quote name='Uday23']Question: I am not a subscriber to @Gamer, and I'm not a "unlocked" reward zone member or whatever its called. With the additional cost of being "unlocked" as well as buying this issue of the mag, will it still be worth it if all I want is Prototype 2?[/QUOTE]

The "unlocked" membership only costs $15 and comes with the magazine for the current month for free and a year subscription of it. So for an extra $10 ($15 total for membership)
You get
-the coupons for current month and more to come!
-10% bonus to trades
-10% off used games
-welcome pack coupons
-year subscription to magazine
- special offers for gamer's club members only on game deals (currently max payne $30 off (other expired offers have been $50 off ps3 console, $35 newer zelda game, and some other good deals)
-$20 gift certificate's for preordering certain games and picking them up within a week of release (resident evil 6, black ops 2, nba 2k13, halo 4, and others)

It's your choice, but with the potential for savings most people recommend it! I doubt you'll find many people (if any) that aren't satisfied with being an unlocked member!

I should have probably waited for a good sale for Prototype 2...

Mass Effect 3 is $39.99 online right now, so I assume that's the price in stores, unless it's on sale for some reason right now. Combine the @Gamer coupon, and you get it for $20 (I paid that price for ME2!). Although the magazine costs $5, so that's only $15 off (still a good deal).

As for Lollipop Chainsaw, you can get it for $37.09 right now on Amazon. There's shipping costs, but the price is low enough that it won't matter in comparison to Best Buy, especially if you have Prime.

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it, but that's just me.

just joined up @gamer and was wondering has anyone ever tried to price match one of the games with a coupon and still use the coupon? I see next week TRU has prototype and bf3 on their 2 for $60, what do you think the odds are that bb will match and then let me use $60 in coupons?

[quote name='bucketofsocks']just joined up @gamer and was wondering has anyone ever tried to price match one of the games with a coupon and still use the coupon? I see next week TRU has prototype and bf3 on their 2 for $60, what do you think the odds are that bb will match and then let me use $60 in coupons?[/QUOTE]

No go on PM with coupons.

[quote name='Jdevon']

I doubt you'll find many people (if any) that aren't satisfied with being an unlocked member![/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha,
Except for the one guy on here who complains about how he doesn't like the writing in the magazine.

But yeah,
Your unlocked membership will pay for itself with just the Prototype purchase.

[quote name='aznhero913']I did a change of address 3 months ago, hopefully this edition gets here in the mail...[/QUOTE]
I had a problem when changing my address too. I changed it in store twice, the second time I went they told me that when they change it in store it only lasts for one issue. I haven no idea why, but I would get an issue then not get the next one. I had to go online to change my address.

if you don't get one [email protected]. is very responsive.

[quote name='bucketofsocks']just joined up @gamer and was wondering has anyone ever tried to price match one of the games with a coupon and still use the coupon? I see next week TRU has prototype and bf3 on their 2 for $60, what do you think the odds are that bb will match and then let me use $60 in coupons?[/QUOTE]

That's called "double dipping," which Best Buy won't do.

[quote name='jearl']I had a problem when changing my address too. I changed it in store twice, the second time I went they told me that when they change it in store it only lasts for one issue. I haven no idea why, but I would get an issue then not get the next one. I had to go online to change my address.

if you don't get one [email protected]. is very responsive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

Anyone got this months issue yet?

Has anyone checked if their Best Buy still carries the Radnet Edition of Prototype 2?
Not sure if that was a limited first run...

[quote name='lochdoun']Has anyone checked if their Best Buy still carries the Radnet Edition of Prototype 2?
Not sure if that was a limited first run...[/QUOTE]
I don't even think my BB has any other edition....

[quote name='lochdoun']Has anyone checked if their Best Buy still carries the Radnet Edition of Prototype 2?
Not sure if that was a limited first run...[/QUOTE]

It is. My BB only has 2 of them left after looking yesterday. They still have steel cases and posters at mine to. But since mine only has 2, I think we're going to get the regular soon :(

I will have to keep my eye on BF3, Mass Effect 3, and Prototype 2 during this sale. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Jdevon']The "unlocked" membership only costs $15 and comes with the magazine for the current month for free and a year subscription of it. So for an extra $10 ($15 total for membership)
You get
-the coupons for current month and more to come!
-10% bonus to trades
-10% off used games
-welcome pack coupons
-year subscription to magazine
- special offers for gamer's club members only on game deals (currently max payne $30 off (other expired offers have been $50 off ps3 console, $35 newer zelda game, and some other good deals)
-$20 gift certificate's for preordering certain games and picking them up within a week of release (resident evil 6, black ops 2, nba 2k13, halo 4, and others)

It's your choice, but with the potential for savings most people recommend it! I doubt you'll find many people (if any) that aren't satisfied with being an unlocked member![/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info!

bread's done
Back