*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me why the BF coupon is only for PS3? Did it sell that much more poorly than the 360 version so they have that many more copies of it?

[quote name='Geco17']I saw that when the 100% first started. I believe they did that just for this occasion.[/QUOTE]

They also pre-emptively dropped Prototype 2 from 24 with 50 bonus to 18 with 100 bonus when all the TIVs changed a week before 100 started. Kinda shitty if you ask me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Can someone tell me why the BF coupon is only for PS3? Did it sell that much more poorly than the 360 version so they have that many more copies of it?[/QUOTE]
Look at this

This is a good month. I hope I get my mag soon. I just signed up for unlocked last week. I'm not really into shooters but I will grab BF3 for $10.

Nice, I have a $5 certificate I'll save. If I can get Prototype 2 for $5 I'll definitely bite, although anything that I get after Borderlands 2 comes out will be backlog fodder for quite a while.

[quote name='shadowkast']Amazon has battlefield premium @ $59.99 msrp. Isn't it $69.99? Just wondering what best buy will actually have it at come release[/QUOTE]
Yes, EA has said the MSRP for the Premium edition was to be $69.99.

You know, it would be interesting to try and predict what games aren't selling well for BB and see how that matches up with each month of coupons. BF3 for PS3 is a dead giveaway that they have a surplus for that system, otherwise why be so restrictive? I must give BB credit, they have a pretty clever deal going where they can both eliminate overstock and charge people for a crappy mag sub at the same time.

question, If I pre order from amazon for $60, and they happen to raise the price before the release date, will I get the lowest price or does it go back up?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']question, If I pre order from amazon for $60, and they happen to raise the price before the release date, will I get the lowest price or does it go back up?[/QUOTE]Uh, I'm not sure how this is related to @Gamer, but you'll pay the lowest price on the item even if its price rises.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Hmm.... I could see Lollipop Chainsaw dropping to 29.99 sometime this month, same goes for ME3. Might try to sell my ME3 LE and just pick up a standard copy since the PS3 version (which I got) doesn't seem to be rare at all and I personally hate steelbooks for games (I keep thinking I'm going to crack the disc every time I take it out of its case, which is alot since I play a good amount of MP).[/QUOTE]
I don't get that feeling with my steelbooks, but it maybe it is because the ME3 LE is NOT steelbook.

That is one reason why I didn't like the LE so much... other than I didn't think it was worth it to me.

[quote name='Vigilante']Uh, I'm not sure how this is related to @Gamer, but you'll pay the lowest price on the item even if its price rises.[/QUOTE]
I should have mentioned it was about Battlefield 3 Premium edition since I don't know if the BB coupon will work for standard or premium., :whistle2:#

Looking forward to Mass Effect 3 for $10. Bizarre that it's only the PS3 version of BF3 that the coupon is valid on, might have been a decent coupon if it included the PC version at least.

Oh, and it's Rage: "Campaign" Edition, not "Champaign" Edition.

[quote name='spectre666']Looks to be pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think this has the makings for some pretty good 'stuff'; as next month wears on. Gotta feeling...

[quote name='therealdanhill']Would this used coupon stack with the buy 2 get 1 welcome coupon?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you can't stack coupons.

So anyone here planning to redeem some BF3 preorders, I got some back from when trading promos required you to preorder a game.

Not bad. Hopefully it won't be like the last two months and the games go on sale, unlike Tiger Woods 13 and Street Fighter X Tekken, But even if they don't, $10 BF3 isn't bad at all. Hell, might even bite on Prototype 2 for $20 bucks the last week.

And I just got BF3 at GoHastings.com! Of course the TIV has dropped to $4. Time to find a sucker buyer. ;)

edit: Amazon is giving $18.90 for :ps3: BF3 in good condition, looks like I'll go that route.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be in for $10 Prototype 2 I could sit on until next year.

IMO Lollipop is worth about $10, it gives you pretty much all you'll see in the game in the first hour or so and while it has its moments, it's just kind of dull most of the time. If you're into leaderboards, I guess it's worth more, but I'm not.

I'm curious about the PC coupon; it has like 6 games listed, but these are still single use right? Can you buy 3 of the games listed and get $15 off each one?

[quote name='samejgink']Yeah, how does that make any sense?!?! Do they have that many more copies of it vs the 360 version?!?
Not happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they do... probably by a wide margin, too. I'm sure that most shooters sell well on both platforms, but it's likely that their remaining 360 stock on hand nationwide for BF3 is far less than their remaining PS3 stock. Perhaps they ordered equal numbers thinking it would be just like MW3 in sales, but proved to be more popular on the 360 for whatever reason. Otherwise it would make sense to have both platforms included on the coupon.

Or the guy at corporate in charge of doing the coupons has his head up his :booty:. It's a distinct possibility...

Hey quick question: I just signed up for Gamer. I chose to get the physical magazine. Do I have to wait to get it in the mail to use the coupons? Or is there another way?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Hey quick question: I just signed up for Gamer. I chose to get the physical magazine. Do I have to wait to get it in the mail to use the coupons? Or is there another way?[/QUOTE]

You will not get it for a while.You will need to go back to the store and ask for a physical copy.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']You will not get it for a while.You will need to go back to the store and ask for a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

Can I go to the store, have them look up the coupon in the magazine and let me use it? Or should I just save myself some trouble and see if it's possible to switch to digital?

$10 sounds good for Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, and Lollipop Chainsaw. There's probably incoming GOTY/Complete edition for BF3 and ME3 that's driving this sale, but whatever.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Hey quick question: I just signed up for Gamer. I chose to get the physical magazine. Do I have to wait to get it in the mail to use the coupons? Or is there another way?[/QUOTE]

I signed up in-store last October (2011), and the cashier was kind enough to give me that month's magazine. When I didn't get November's issue, I went back in mid-November and asked in the video game department if I could have a November issue. They sent me to customer service, and after some hemming and hawing, they gave me the issue. I *did* have my original receipt with me from the month before (in which my only purchase was the GCU membership), which probably helped.

I'm guessing that your mileage may vary (YMMV) depending on which store you go to and whether the staff know you well. Give it a shot, it can't hurt.

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I signed up in-store last October (2011), and the cashier was kind enough to give me that month's magazine. When I didn't get November's issue, I went back in mid-November and asked in the video game department if I could have a November issue. They sent me to customer service, and after some hemming and hawing, they gave me the issue. I *did* have my original receipt with me from the month before (in which my only purchase was the GCU membership), which probably helped.

I'm guessing that your mileage may vary (YMMV) depending on which store you go to and whether the staff know you well. Give it a shot, it can't hurt.[/QUOTE]

It is YMMV. I tried to do that for this month's mag and got shot down. Told me to call CS, just bought it for $5 to skip the hassle.

Where do you see you can get Mass 3 for $10? THe Coupon says 20 off. 40 - 20 = 20. Also, is Battlefield 3 just for PS3 version?

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Where do you see you can get Mass 3 for $10? THe Coupon says 20 off. 40 - 20 = 20. Also, is Battlefield 3 just for PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

People are banking on the fact that ME could drop in price to $30 during the life of the coupon,
...and yes, the coupon for Battlefield only has PS3 on it, so more than likely will not work for the 360 version.

Battlefield 3 dev DICE quadruples console servers

"Battlefield 3 developer DICE has quadrupled the number of official servers for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers.

The move is aimed at placating gamers left unable to log on to standard Battlefield 3 games.

DICE previously allowed players to rent and customise its servers, reducing the number of vanilla matches available.

"We have heard your wish for more official DICE servers," a statement on the official Battlefield 3 blog reads. "As of now, we have effectively quadrupled them on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

"Note that you will still be able to get quick matched into any ranked server. For the best results if you want an official DICE server, please refer to the manual server browser and enter 'DICE' as a search term. If you go to the Server information screen, all official DICE servers will have the owner set to 'DICE'. Remember that you can favourite servers that you like so you can easily find them again on your next session.

"Have a great gaming weekend!"

DICE should have no problems affording the new hardware - it sold more than 1.3 million subscriptions to season pass-style service Battlefield 3 Premium in just two months.
Eurogamer covered the issue in detail last month, as Jon Denton investigated How Fan-Run Servers Are Ruininng DICE's Game."

I can just buy that issue of the magazine for $5, right? Is there anything else I have to do to get this deal? I'm hoping to get Prototype 2 for $10-15.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Why is the PS3 version of Battlefield getting the discount?[/QUOTE]

BBY has much more of the :ps3: version stocked? Just a guess.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Why is the PS3 version of Battlefield getting the discount?[/QUOTE]
Because they only care about selling overstock, not giving you a deal.

[quote name='Geco17']It is YMMV. I tried to do that for this month's mag and got shot down. Told me to call CS, just bought it for $5 to skip the hassle.[/QUOTE]

Sorry it didn't work for you. They were probably worried that you would have multiple copies and try to use the coupons at different stores to get multiple copies. So they raised the "hassle" factor as a result. That's one way to do it. Though if they know you're a regular customer, they should give you the benefit of the doubt at least once.

I guess I got lucky twice, as I got both October and November 2011 without too much hassle (the cashier didn't have to give me the October 2011 issue when I bought the $15 GCU membership, but she did). Either that, or my local Best Buy has exceptionally kind employees. Honey works better than vinegar, or however the saying goes...

As a result, I'll shop there rather than at closer stores, whether Best Buy or others (it was the closest last year, but I've moved since then). Customer loyalty isn't easy to gain, but it's easy to lose. I wish more stores realized that.

Sorry to ramble on a bit, I just wanted to share my (apparently atypical) experience.

I'll be getting Mass Effect 3, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Battlefield 3 if they go under $15 (and I can find them). Thanks for posting!

Wouldn't it just be great if the BF3 coupon worked on the PC version, as is the case with the KoA coupon. If not, then I'll probably just buy a copy on :ps3: and sell it on Amazon/Craigslist/etc. and use the funds toward buying it on :pc:

Just like everyone else, I'm really hoping for ~$10 Prototype 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm not really dead set on either of those games but it would be nice to get them at that price.

Can you use a gift card towards the purchase of an @gamer subscription? Received an email informing me that my current subscription is about to expire.:whistle2:|

bread's done
Back