*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plus1zero']Asked in the GS thread...could we PM gamestop's $20 price and use the ME3 coupon to get a free ME3?[/QUOTE]

No, that's double dipping. You could get lucky though and get a manager override

Even if you're not an Unlocked member, paying $5 for the @Gamer magzine to get $15 off PS Plus is a pretty good deal. Basically, the only time you can get Plus less than full price is shady stuff on eBay or when there has been some misprint in an ad.

Getting $15 off Xbox Live Gold is a pretty lousy deal (unless Best Buy puts Gold on sale).

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Yeah I know I missed that. I dislike those deals / thread. The thread title isn't always updated. And I'll check the DOTD on BBY for weeks at a time without there being one and so I figure they aren't doing them anymore and give up for awhile[/QUOTE]I think you can just get text/emails for DOTD's instead.

[quote name='plus1zero']Asked in the GS thread...could we PM gamestop's $20 price and use the ME3 coupon to get a free ME3?[/QUOTE]Even my BB's won't do that the fact that the price & coupon would equal free is the main reason why denial will be the result.

I'm unlocked and I sure wouldn't mind getting this magazine for the coupons. I guess I've been unlocked for a month. Maybe a bit less. I guess it takes longer than that.

[quote name='Enuf']You didn't use the BF3 coupon to extend your GCU sub for free?[/quote]
Not everybody can do GS to BB and back to GS or wherever trading anymore.:booty::cry:
I believe so & no there needs to be new monthly @gamer threads not 1 giant one due to the # of changes that take place.
What changes are there that need to be made besides the month and the actual sale discounts being listed and for which games/items they're for? As you know I'm a big fan of mega threads and not highlighting every little silly sale that could easily be covered by a mega thread. As long as there's a well maintained(or wikified) OP for a thread, then I see no problem with having just one super thread for the @Gamer deals.
If it's a sponsored issue that's probably why but this will help out the gc in the long run by passing the cost along. One "bad" month for CAG's that will sell to the masses which nets better deals for all.
I think I've only had maybe one 'bad' month since I finally subscribed later last year. After all the problems with getting the Gamers' Club to show as Unlocked on my RZ account and not just the free version I'm hoping the renewal goes a bit more smoothly this year, as I just don't have the tolerance to go back 3-4x and then bug the mods on the BB forums to fix it in the system this year.

I would probably be in for PS+ (if the coupons are real). However, I don't play CoD, so, the rest would be worthless.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not everybody can do GS to BB and back to GS or wherever trading anymore.:booty::cry:

What changes are there that need to be made besides the month and the actual sale discounts being listed and for which games/items they're for? As you know I'm a big fan of mega threads and not highlighting every little silly sale that could easily be covered by a mega thread. As long as there's a well maintained(or wikified) OP for a thread, then I see no problem with having just one super thread for the @Gamer deals.

I think I've only had maybe one 'bad' month since I finally subscribed later last year. After all the problems with getting the Gamers' Club to show as Unlocked on my RZ account and not just the free version I'm hoping the renewal goes a bit more smoothly this year, as I just don't have the tolerance to go back 3-4x and then bug the mods on the BB forums to fix it in the system this year.[/QUOTE]
I've been very resourceful with trading 5 ID's(My old DL & new one, moms DL, GF & sisters ID's) & there's a huge amount of GS's that I pass in a single day I've been to 20+ stores over the 100%. Some titles are hard to find 3 of.

I'd be cool with a perm. @gamer thread if it was maintained by BB though. There's alot of work needed to update the OP/title when sales, MSRP drops happen. Once you add in the used game coupons the # times you can see the same game pop up @ different prices could get messy. Plus at this point the current way it's been done has been well. The only thing missing from the OP/title is prices + game links.

I have alot of stuff I need to post...we need more coupon 16-20 that way all systems are covered. Add in several pre-owned & some accessories each month will hit home. There needs to some more unique coupons as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZildjianKX']Are PSN plus cards taxed at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]I don't believe they are. I know for a FACT that the Best Buy I frequent doesn't charge tax on PSN or PS+ cards.

[quote name='Enuf']I've been very resourceful with trading 5 ID's(My old DL & new one, moms DL, GL & sisters ID's) & there's a huge amount of GS's that I pass in a single day I've been to 20+ stores over the 100%. Some titles are hard to find 3 of.

I'd be cool with a perm. @gamer thread if it was maintained by BB though. There's alot of work needed to update the OP/title when sales, MSRP drops happen. Once you add in the used game coupons the # times you can see the same game pop up @ different prices could get messy. Plus at this point the current way it's been done has been well. The only thing missing from the OP/title is prices + game links.

I have alot of stuff I need to post...we need more coupon 16-20 that way all systems are covered. Add in several pre-owned & some accessories each month will hit home. There needs to some more unique coupons as well.[/QUOTE]
I honestly still don't see what the big fascination with having a BB rep on CAG is. Allowing an official rep from a store chain has never had a good end result for those of us CAG's who want consistently cheap deals in the manner we're used to seeing. In some cases, the CAG community at large has bullied the reps to leave(see: GS rep who got bombarded with the usual GS complaints en masse).

But I'm a big fan of CAG's helping themselves for the most part as well and not expecting every last sale/clearance to be reflected in some thread. Making things super easy for everyone only benefits the lurkers and the resellers/flippers, who will come along and empty out stores of anything good before the rest of the community can even get there to get their copies. This is largely why I have ended up having to get to a store day one moment one myself anymore, since the local game store owner is likely a lurker on CAG as I've seen him at every major sale clearing out stock for his 3 stores.:roll:

As for trading, I would try a different GS here, but it's all the same district run by the same DM. I have a feeling that it's just a district ban I'm under, but since his district allegedly goes all the way down to the state capital in one direction and all the way up into NY in another direction I'd say I'm SOL unless I wanna take an hour long road trip to do trades.:razz:

HHHmmm..those coupons look like they might be from the special Call of Duty issue of @Gamer, not the October issue. I've had the last few days off so I'll check to be certain once I get back to work. Or if someone has the issue in the OP, check and see if the magazine is more expensive than normal, that will key in to which one it is.

2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$10 off Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
$10 off Angry Birds Trilogy (all systems)
$20 off F1 (doesn't say what year, assuming the new one)
$30 off Triton Warhead headset
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.

So there is another set for a CoD issue? I really wanted that 15 off PSN+. If anyone has one they don't want to use, think id be able to snag it?

[quote name='loxthefox']2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

damn thats even worst

[quote name='loxthefox']2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse

Too bad most used games are priced $34.99 instead of $29.99. Makes it kind of pointless.

Blarf again... they had a string of awesome coupons and now basically nothing good for two months. No good PC stuff again and no 3DS stuff either...meh.

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

Sweet, I'll price adjust the PS3 MW3 Hardened Edition I just picked up on clearance for $49.99 down to $29.99.

Is it worth using the $20 off ME3 on a collector's edition (PS3, since X360 seems to be impossible to find) to get it for $29.99, given the trilogy coming out? I'd probably hold it for resale in the future, although from the looks of it they printed far more than with ME1 and ME2...

And anyone have any suggestions for the $10 off $29.99 and up used game coupon I still have in this month's mag? Not to mention suggestions for the GCU welcome packet coupons I still have (B2G1 new games $39.99 or less, B2G1 used games, half off any guide)?

Bad month for us, but sadly it will probably be a highly used month for non CAG's with all the COD stuff. Now is the time that soccer moms start buying copies of COD 3 thinking that's what their kids want for Christmas (rather than COD MW3). This is also the time of year I start to feel really bad for the retail people every time I go into a store and have to hear them talking to idiot customers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly still don't see what the big fascination with having a BB rep on CAG is. Allowing an official rep from a store chain has never had a good end result for those of us CAG's who want consistently cheap deals in the manner we're used to seeing. In some cases, the CAG community at large has bullied the reps to leave(see: GS rep who got bombarded with the usual GS complaints en masse).[/QUOTE]Yoiu gotta remember I don't want a "i'm the BB rep here's some stuff" I want deals for CAG's specifically. If they email us a deal that's only valid for members who are unlocked that'll negate some of the problems. You'd need to already be unlocked so there's a good portion of stubbord people who won't pay the $15 before hand no matter what.

[quote name='TooPoor']Please gaming gods grant us a $30 Sleeping Dogs Sale![/QUOTE]Wasn't this a 2 for $60 game?

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
:whistle2:#Bleh. I had Dead Island and that's a glitchy/freezing pos mess on co-op multiplayer(decent on single player though). I had Sleeping Dogs as part of the PM'd 2/$60 from TRU and dumped that already for a basically free rental. The rest of the coupons are meh to me as well, since I don't see me buying another game till GTA V at this point.:razz:

Thanks for the heads up on these other coupons though, lox.
[quote name='Enuf']Yoiu gotta remember I don't want a "i'm the BB rep here's some stuff" I want deals for CAG's specifically. If they email us a deal that's only valid for members who are unlocked that'll negate some of the problems. You'd need to already be unlocked so there's a good portion of stubbord people who won't pay the $15 before hand no matter what.[/QUOTE]
Going by these meh coupons that have been reported I may just let my GCU lapse, since the extra 10% really is never that much anymore when I do trade-ins. Only if I can print up this freebie $5 RZ certificate they sent me will I seriously consider it now. I'm kinda shocked I didn't get the $5 offer for another RZ certificate for renewing actually, since apparently the company still views my one account as two and I figured they'd market the bonus certificate to one or the other of my accounts that I thought they merged.;)

So do unlocked people get the "special" CoD issue this month as well, or do you have to like buy it separate? Do both come at the same time?

Either way, these aren't very good deals for people like us, I mean who here doesn't already have all the CoD games they want, or even in general, if people wanted them they wouldn't be waiting for a sale like this, right? Especially with the new one around the corner?

If getting an official rep here helps us get better deals, get it done. But they must know when the deals they are offering aren't that great, right? They don't need us to tell them that. If it was a free club sort of thing it wouldn't be so bad, but you gotta pay for it. Gotta give people good deals for their money, and having a couple of blah months back to back don't look so good, especially to people whose subscriptions are expiring.

I think BBY has been killing it lately, but I hope thry aren't asleep at the wheel now.

The Gamer's Club WAS a free add-on to your Reward Zone account at one point though and it even included free printable coupons for various games. Just Google Reward Zone Gamer's Club and Fairytale Fights or Sudoku Ball Detective for the disastrous results that had though. ;)

Let's jut say, free games after coupon were the norm back then for a while.:D
[quote name='Brother Daz']What was that GameStop reps name? Man that guy took a trashing here.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember. But I know that poor bastard got all of the CAG hate on disc only games, used game prices being only $5 less than new and every other topic that we GS haters usually rag on the chain for.:lol: Suffice to say, I think a GoHastings rep lasted just as long here due to all of the people complaining about the shipping and other issues we've seen mentioned from them.

[quote name='therealdanhill']So do unlocked people get the "special" CoD issue this month as well, or do you have to like buy it separate? Do both come at the same time?

Either way, these aren't very good deals for people like us, I mean who here doesn't already have all the CoD games they want, or even in general, if people wanted them they wouldn't be waiting for a sale like this, right? Especially with the new one around the corner?

If getting an official rep here helps us get better deals, get it done. But they must know when the deals they are offering aren't that great, right? They don't need us to tell them that. If it was a free club sort of thing it wouldn't be so bad, but you gotta pay for it. Gotta give people good deals for their money, and having a couple of blah months back to back don't look so good, especially to people whose subscriptions are expiring.

I think BBY has been killing it lately, but I hope thry aren't asleep at the wheel now.[/QUOTE]

not every month can be a winner. everyone needs to relax about BB dropping the ball.

[quote name='TooPoor']Please gaming gods grant us a $30 Sleeping Dogs Sale![/QUOTE]

That would be nice, I could go for Sleeping Dogs for $15. Probably won't happen, but worth dreaming about.

I'd also pick up the Angry Birds trilogy if it hit $20 (so $10 after coupon).

[quote name='confoosious']not every month can be a winner. everyone needs to relax about BB dropping the ball.[/QUOTE]

My wallet is cheering. Fine by me as well since BF/CM will be just around the corner after these new coupons expire.

YES A SLEEPING DOGS COUPON !!!!!!!! will both sets of coupons come in the same mag ? If not are we getting both mags in the mail or do you have to buy the cod one ? If you have to buy it im skipping it (unless a kick ass cod sale happens)

[quote name='theking20']I should have waited on kingdom hearts 3DS , game is gonna keep going down faster

Oh well[/QUOTE]
I've been waiting on this... I've wanted this game since day 1 but refuse to pay full price for a game since finding this site. Finally, I can pick this one up.
[quote name='YBX87']hoping sleeping dogss go on sale, so the coupon can stack[/QUOTE]
If we get a $15 Sleeping dogs I'll be over joyed. I loved it when i rented it and wouldn't mind having a copy around.
[quote name='eLefAdEr']My wallet is cheering. Fine by me as well since BF/CM will be just around the corner after these new coupons expire.[/QUOTE]
This is my concern. Will I regret picking these up when they hit rock bottom on BF? Hopefully, I can get them cheap enough that any future price difference will be marginal.

I hope I bought Dead Island GOTY less than a month ago. I'd love to get a price adjustment using the $10 off coupon!

You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.

[quote name='Woocls']I've been waiting on this... I've wanted this game since day 1 but refuse to pay full price for a game since finding this site. Finally, I can pick this one up.

If we get a $15 Sleeping dogs I'll be over joyed. I loved it when i rented it and wouldn't mind having a copy around.

This is my concern. Will I regret picking these up when they hit rock bottom on BF? Hopefully, I can get them cheap enough that any future price difference will be marginal.[/QUOTE]

i would even purchase it if $25, just to support the developers in some way, lol

CoD blows. This coupons are worthless unless you consider the hdpvr 2 for 145 but I'm sticking to hdpvr 1 cause it has no copyright protection

[quote name='confoosious']not every month can be a winner. everyone needs to relax about BB dropping the ball.[/QUOTE]
Why can't every month be a winner? Do you think it is out of line for someone to expect that?

Hey, maybe it is. Maybe gaming covers such a wide variety of genres and systems it would be impossible to please everyone, but I think they could do better. More coupons that work for all titles. Coupons like buy one get one half off type stuff. A five buck voucher for any preorder. Coupons off more digital content.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they make every month an objectively good month compared to months they have had before. If it was a free service, there would maybe be less reasoning to say anything, but it isn't. It isn't going to affect my shopping at BBY, and how they want to handle people facing the choice of renewal for their service is none of my concern, but I am of course entitled to my 2 cents on the matter. Maybe someone from BBY is reading this thread, after all.

[quote name='Gosha']You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.[/QUOTE]

My oldest wants this game for Xmas and that's a good idea. I think I will partake. Thanks! I'll put the $30 credit, combined with $20 RZ certificate into $50 amazon credit.

Hmm. No sign of KH:DDD at toysrus.com. Hopefully it's in store.

bread's done
Back