UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got in on the Beta? It should be live right now. It looks like its trying to log on the servers now but I cant get on, after a few tries it keeps telling me I don't have the latest version like its been saying.
I'm getting the same exact thing and also login failed.

Has anyone got in on the Beta? It should be live right now. It looks like its trying to log on the servers now but I cant get on, after a few tries it keeps telling me I don't have the latest version like its been saying.
I'm in. =3

Its telling me to update my version, yet theres no update?

Whatever I guess. Looking at all the rage on other forums is hilarious though, this game must be fueled by tears

Maybe they will choose a more U.S friendly time then. Having a barely 3 hour long beta starting at 3AM EST is pretty stupid.....

Either way, seeing all the rage and tears is slightly making up for not being able to play. I was lucky and got to play for like 30+ minutes right after they sent out the first set of beta codes (When they accidentally put the server up)

I was semi-smart? And Went to sleep earlier then normal so got 5 hours sleep before it was "supposed" to start. So i'm good now i'm catching up on ENB's latest video's. http://youtu.be/V9txk3x34Ys

I was semi-smart? And Went to sleep earlier then normal so got 5 hours sleep before it was "supposed" to start. So i'm good now i'm catching up on ENB's latest video's.
I went to bed early too for the same reason but I had to sacrifice other parts of my night then to do so.. : /

Beta reschedule is for tomorrow night same time as before, Saturday 11pm-2am PT. After last time I shouldn't stay up for it but I know I will.

Although this is coming from my favorite game ever, I'd rather not play the beta and spoil any of the game ahead of release. I love being surprised (and killed) by every little thing in this game. Makes the world feel so real when there can be danger around any corner....ok I'm gonna go play Dark Souls 1 now lol.

Although this is coming from my favorite game ever, I'd rather not play the beta and spoil any of the game ahead of release. I love being surprised (and killed) by every little thing in this game. Makes the world feel so real when there can be danger around any corner....ok I'm gonna go play Dark Souls 1 now lol.
and also that its at freaking 1AM in the morning...

Best Buy still has the regular edition on pre-order with the Black Armor upgrade, but GCU will knock it down to $48. Confirmed as of... -checks- three minutes ago.

Update - 03.05.14: 

Hey everyone! Just an update on this old thread for us hardcore souls fans - 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

SIX MORE DAYS! 

Well the DS2 CE also has a 12" figure in it which means the packaging is at least 14" tall and probably no less than 8" square.  Big CEs still get damaged but it happens far less because they actually get put into boxes where every single Bravely Default CE was put into a bubble mailer.

I do miss the days when things actually got protected with bubble wrap and peanuts and not just those semi-worthless air pillows.  Bad for the environment but stuff actually got to you in one piece if used properly.

Finally caved and got the CE, ordered it from target.com, found this link that offers a $5 discount on select $50+ order, and it worked on the CE (unfortunately they are sold out of black armor copies as it probably would of worked on that too). Go to the link, click through to target.com, add it to the cart, and it will show the $5 discount. Between that and the 5% you get off for using the target red card (credit card), that's $10.75 off with free shipping.

Well the DS2 CE also has a 12" figure in it which means the packaging is at least 14" tall and probably no less than 8" square. Big CEs still get damaged but it happens far less because they actually get put into boxes where every single Bravely Default CE was put into a bubble mailer.
Yea, I thought of that. At the same time, I want don't want to chance this CE through Amazon. That is just me and I seriously hope everyone that preordered a CE through whatever retailer gets it in perfect condition on time.

I think Amazon is great for deals for recent releases 3 weeks after release - eg - Final Fantasy Returns will be on sale fo $34.99 in a few weeks, for example.

Finally caved and got the CE, ordered it from target.com, found this link that offers a $5 discount on select $50+ order, and it worked on the CE (unfortunately they are sold out of black armor copies as it probably would of worked on that too). Go to the link, click through to target.com, add it to the cart, and it will show the $5 discount. Between that and the 5% you get off for using the target red card (credit card), that's $10.75 off with free shipping.
Thanks for the tip. I'll update the post from earlier now.

Yea, I thought of that. At the same time, I want don't want to chance this CE through Amazon. That is just me and I seriously hope everyone that preordered a CE through whatever retailer gets it in perfect condition on time.

I think Amazon is great for deals for recent releases 3 weeks after release - eg - Final Fantasy Returns will be on sale fo $34.99 in a few weeks, for example.
Makes sense and if I had the credit there or cash to spend on it I probably would have ordered from BBY with the GCU. Fingers crossed for the best from Amazon and that they haven't found the bubble mailers you can ship a toddler in yet.

Quick note - 

I put the most recent update on the front page of this thread as well as its original spot.

If you think it is missing anything, or have useful information to share on savings or news, please post and let me know. 

This is my favorite game of the console geneartion. Cannot wait. 

I'm really hoping that the DS 2 CE comes back in stock at Best Buy. I want to use the GCU discount on it. I'm picking up mine from Gamestop Tuesday either way, but I would gladly go grab one from BB and return the Gamestop one, as that's a nice bit of savings.

I really want this,but it is too expensive for my blood. What are the chances that it will drop in price like other collectors editions?

Pre ordered the CE on PS3 at gamestop. Gonna use the 15% off a new item coupon they gave me to get it down to 102 with no tax paid in credit. Will be so worth it.

I'm really hoping that the DS 2 CE comes back in stock at Best Buy. I want to use the GCU discount on it. I'm picking up mine from Gamestop Tuesday either way, but I would gladly go grab one from BB and return the Gamestop one, as that's a nice bit of savings.
I still see it available for both PS3 and 360 on the Best Buy site. $95.99 with GCU.

I won;t say this is dark horse, back in demon soul yeah but by now this is a pretty well known series. TOS is expensive too.
Still a $20 difference (though well justified in figure size) and anything that the bros aren't all about is a dark horse these days. It's done relatively well and isn't as niche as the Tales series but there's also not a 20 year history of collectibility with the Souls series.

which version of dark soul was more popular, 360 or ps3?
The Dark Souls community is definitely on the PS3. If you visit most forums, or some of the more "hardcore" forums where the only topic of discussions is Dark Souls, almost everyone has it for the PS3.

There is nothing wrong with the 360 version and plenty of people play it. But there are more people on the PS3 version. Everything started with the PS3 when Demon Souls came out of nowhere and was crowned the system's game of the year. Demon Souls is exclusive to the PS3.

Also, there is a reason why the CE or Black Armor edition is selling out for PS3 and not 360.

Side note, as a game/retro collector, I really don't see this being valuable in the future. I'm getting the CE because this is my favorite title and I like to blindly throw money at this franchise lol. I'm sure it will hold its value, but I don't see it going up like Bravely Default has, for example (I'm sure that will go down, too, once the second one comes out next year.)

Also, I'm not sure, but do you need XBOX Gold to have the online feature for Dark Souls? If you do, that is beyond lame.

Side note, as a game/retro collector, I really don't see this being valuable in the future. I'm getting the CE because this is my favorite title and I like to blindly throw money at this franchise lol. I'm sure it will hold its value, but I don't see it going up like Bravely Default has, for example (I'm sure that will go down, too, once the second one comes out next year.)
Well also remember that a decent chunk of BD CEs (of which there don't seem to be all that many to begin with) got significantly damaged in shipping thanks to Amazon so the truly mint ones could be quite valuable for some time if the series continues to be popular. I do agree though that this doesn't look like it's going to be one of those that's immediately up 50% in price, like BD you could see it coming a month or two away. I'm going to keep it sealed for a few days and see how it goes (easier since I have other stuff I have to finish first) and worst case scenario I have a (hopefully) sweet statue.

Well also remember that a decent chunk of BD CEs (of which there don't seem to be all that many to begin with) got significantly damaged in shipping thanks to Amazon so the truly mint ones could be quite valuable for some time if the series continues to be popular. I do agree though that this doesn't look like it's going to be one of those that's immediately up 50% in price, like BD you could see it coming a month or two away. I'm going to keep it sealed for a few days and see how it goes (easier since I have other stuff I have to finish first) and worst case scenario I have a (hopefully) sweet statue.
Yea, you bring up a good point with all the BDs that got damaged. Who knows. I just see it dropping in price when the second one comes out, I don't see it holding its $110 to $130 value (which seems like where it is at right now) long term.

I plan on keeping the statue and everything but the game sealed when DkS II comes out. Really glad the statue is in its own box. I can just display that sealed. Wasn't planning on playing with it anyway lol

I posted this in the general CE thread and forgot about this one haha oops

So I had Dark Souls 2 CE preordered online for in store pick up forever ago. Then I cancelled it and went to place another order since I got a new card from Chase after the Target crap. Store pick up was not available however and so I went to the store and preordered it.

Now I see however that the store does not have a midnight release for Titanfall (and thus Dark Souls as well) but the one down the street does.... awesome. I had planned on calling in sick Tuesday and was hoping to have the games as soon as possible. Womp Womp.

I am tempted to see if I can preorder it still tomorrow after work (have class in the city after work tonight and wont be home until 11pm)

Also, I have a DS2CE preordered on Amazon from when it was first announced. I do not see any reason to keep that preorder other than I have no faith in Best Buy hahah I should probably just cancel that one then though no?

I used to have the CE preordered through Amazon, but changed it to Best Buy for that sweet, sweet 20% off.

I think this is the first time I've ever preordered anything through Best Buy.  They'd better have it ready for me on release day, or I shall RAGE!

Hardcore game players (those who discuss the game a lot online) seem to prefer the PS3 version of Dark Souls by a wide margin, but in the US it was much more evenly split in actual sales 570K vs. 493K, though worldwide it is 2 to 1. Interestingly, it sold more copies on the 360 in the second year in the US than it did on the PS3.

It seems funny that they would make PC the lead platform yet it is still coming out last. I have faith the PS3 version will still look as good as the 360 version since they have experience programming specifically for the PS3 due to Demon's Souls.

I think this is the first time I've ever preordered anything through Best Buy. They'd better have it ready for me on release day, or I shall RAGE!
I got screwed out of the CE of Dark Souls 1 because I preordered it at BB, they didn't have a different SKU in their system for standard and CE so when they ordered them a lot of the stores got sent standard editions instead of CEs. Since they have different pricing I would hope that wouldn't happen again.

I used to have the CE preordered through Amazon, but changed it to Best Buy for that sweet, sweet 20% off.

I think this is the first time I've ever preordered anything through Best Buy. They'd better have it ready for me on release day, or I shall RAGE!
Yea, I noticed that the poll has most people preordering through BB. I hope everyone gets it, but I'm done with them after my last two experiences. They were both in store pick up, so I can't speak to their shipping LE/CEs.

Good luck. I've had that RAGE at BB before lol

Hardcore game players (those who discuss the game a lot online) seem to prefer the PS3 version of Dark Souls by a wide margin, but in the US it was much more evenly split in actual sales 570K vs. 493K, though worldwide it is 2 to 1. Interestingly, it sold more copies on the 360 in the second year in the US than it did on the PS3.

It seems funny that they would make PC the lead platform yet it is still coming out last. I have faith the PS3 version will still look as good as the 360 version since they have experience programming specifically for the PS3 due to Demon's Souls.
Out East, everyone plays it on the PS3. Matchmaking, messages, invades all play a role in all that, too.

did you preordered through in store pick up, or ship to home?

bread's done
Back