UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardcore game players (those who discuss the game a lot online) seem to prefer the PS3 version of Dark Souls by a wide margin, but in the US it was much more evenly split in actual sales 570K vs. 493K, though worldwide it is 2 to 1. Interestingly, it sold more copies on the 360 in the second year in the US than it did on the PS3.

It seems funny that they would make PC the lead platform yet it is still coming out last. I have faith the PS3 version will still look as good as the 360 version since they have experience programming specifically for the PS3 due to Demon's Souls.

I got screwed out of the CE of Dark Souls 1 because I preordered it at BB, they didn't have a different SKU in their system for standard and CE so when they ordered them a lot of the stores got sent standard editions instead of CEs. Since they have different pricing I would hope that wouldn't happen again.
well, atleast this time they have separate sku listing in their system at bestbuy between CE, and regular editions.

Just got a shipping confirmation from Best Buy for my DS II CE PS3.

I want the PC version though so I'll probably sell the PS3 disc and use the money to buy the PC version.

Pre ordered the CE on PS3 at gamestop. Gonna use the 15% off a new item coupon they gave me to get it down to 102 with no tax paid in credit. Will be so worth it.
So how did you get said 15% off coupon? If I could preorder it in store at that price I would cancel my target order and do that instead.

If you buy the guide with the game at best buy you get 15% off the guide. If you buy them together at GameStop you get 10% off the guide and another 10% for being PUR. Amazon is still the best deal, but if you have credit to burn you might like the other options. You also might have a 50% off guide coupon for best buy if you reupped for unlocked. Coupon is in store only, so you can't use it to preorder, so you'll have to find it after release, but that's you're actual best deal.

I get guides because I love the art, backstory on enemies/bosses and I love looking at all the weapons and stats. I got the last one but didn't use it for strategy. A lot of people like guides for the art and stuff.
I did that, too. Over a year after the game came out so the guide was $5 max.

I get guides because I love the art, backstory on enemies/bosses and I love looking at all the weapons and stats. I got the last one but didn't use it for strategy. A lot of people like guides for the art and stuff.
Same here. Also I only use the guide later after a second+ playthrough to catch stuff I missed to platinum the game.

In regards to GS and the coupon I just came across this from another thread and plan on using it for my DkS II CE. 

It is 20% off a USED game. However, I have done this plenty of times - I purchase a used game, it doesn't matter which one, then I immediately return it for store credit. I then use the credit toward the purchase of my new game, or in this case, my DkS II CE. 

I did this a lot w/ the 50% extra trade in bonus and *never* had a problem. Employees were always cool about it. Coupon below is good until March 31st. I suggest getting the store credit before the midnight release. Nobody likes someone that holds up a line during a midnight release lol. 

Coupon_zps0460e7a1.jpg

Anyone know if you can change the T-Shirt size from pre-ordering the CE from Bamco website?

I'm not fat so the XL size is way too big. Curse Bamco and thinking all gamers are fat.

Hey CAG's. I pre- ordered and paid off Dark souls 2 from Gamestop over the weekend. The next day I noticed my receipt says "Dark Souls 2 regular edition". Checked GS website and the info about the pre-order bonuses aren't mentioned anymore. After some google-ing I found a reddit thread saying that GS was sold out of the Black armor edition. I was told by the person that rang me up that by pre ordering I was getting the BAE. Didn't think to look at the receipt then. I haven't pre-ordered a game since the PS1 days. I was wondering if any CAG's have ever pre-ordered anything for the bonuses and received a regular copy of a game. I plan on going to the Midnight launch so I'm hoping it's a first come first served thing.

I got screwed out of the CE of Dark Souls 1 because I preordered it at BB, they didn't have a different SKU in their system for standard and CE so when they ordered them a lot of the stores got sent standard editions instead of CEs. Since they have different pricing I would hope that wouldn't happen again.
Yea, I noticed that the poll has most people preordering through BB. I hope everyone gets it, but I'm done with them after my last two experiences. They were both in store pick up, so I can't speak to their shipping LE/CEs.

Good luck. I've had that RAGE at BB before lol
You guys are worrying me a bit. :/

did you preordered through in store pick up, or ship to home?
In store pickup, since that way I could pick it up on the way home from work and not worry about possible late shipping. Though now that I'm seeing all these folks with shipping confirmations, I once again don't know if I made the right choice.

I just want to play the game!!

You guys are worrying me a bit. :/

In store pickup, since that way I could pick it up on the way home from work and not worry about possible late shipping. Though now that I'm seeing all these folks with shipping confirmations, I once again don't know if I made the right choice.

I just want to play the game!!
if you order through bestbuy.com for in store pickup, there should be no issues, or cofusions. just bring your order # to the in store pickup line/area at your local bestbuy store on release date. they will have a sticker with your name on the CE box.

best buy actually shipped the 3 i bought with that buy 2 get 1 free glitch that worked on preorders. I thought the order was for sure going to be cancelled. I hope now that my gamers unlocked doesn't get flagged because of it.........sad day for me if my account gets banned.

if you order through bestbuy.com for in store pickup, there should be no issues, or cofusions. just bring your order # to the in store pickup line/area at your local bestbuy store on release date. they will have a sticker with your name on the CE box.
Sounds good to me, chum. Praise the sun!

Is it too late to pre-order the collectors edition at Gamestop? I was going to trade in some games tomorrow and if I get enough credit I might switch it to the collectors edition.

Me too. I wouldn't want to spoil the game by using it. Part of what makes the game very good is the exploration,discovery and experimentation. Of course, the main pull of the game is learning the enemies and it's a great 'high' when you do kill a particularly bad-ass boss.

If you buy a guide for this game, you don't deserve the game.
As has been pointed out, not everyone buys the guide to use it as a guide in the traditional sense. Before the update I simply used it for weapon stats.

As an animator my apartment is literally littered with books everywhere that I use for inspiration and reference and so a game with such awe inspiring landscapes and character designs, it would be a shame for me to not own all the books on the game that I can. I probably spend just as much if not more on books than I do on games!

On another note, I have my CE preordered at a BB that is not doing a midnight release. The one down the street however is. I had already planned on calling in sick Tuesday and I really wanted to nab this and Titanfall as early as possible because I know I will wake up Tuesday at like 7am then super antsy to play but the store doesn't open until 10! What I am getting at is is there any chance at all that the other Best Buy would still be able to take a reserve order for the CE tonight? I couldn't go this week because my days are literally wake, commute, work, school, commute and I get home around 11pm and I just realized that my store isnt going to do a midnight release earlier this week : /

I know we can still order with shipping online but was curious if anyone had experience with this at the B&M locations. I would imagine that the shipments have already gone out to the individual stores with their copies of the games and so it would be unlikely but who knows?

They are still showing instock for preorder the black armor edition on walmart.com It also comes with $5 in vudu credits (which has an app on the PS3).

It shows as "coming soon" for PS3 on the BB website so they may be out.

BREAKING: Gamestop "is sold out" of Collector's Edition AND Black Armor Edition nationwide. Retailer is no longer accepting PO for either version in store. 

Retailer is still accepting PO online, however. Black Armor edition not showing up online.

Could the CE actually turn out to be rare? Some retailers still stating they have Black Armor in stock, but who remembers what happened last year with the LE? 

I see an oranage soap sign on the floor, it reads, "Grief ahead."

breaking-news1.png

I just remembered I have both the Black Armor Edition and the CE preordered at Amazon. I was going to cancel one or the other eventually, but this is the sort of game I don't mind getting one to play and one to keep sealed. I've only ever done that a handful of times, but this is the type of game I'd do it for. I still have a Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition sealed.

Glad I remembered to pre-order on Tuesday. Cancelled my Amazon one (Since they are so fond of sending me damaged CE's). Guess I'll order the guide from Amazon though (Or PM at Best Buy)

I just purchased the CE for ps3 from the BB website. It isn't sold out in either platform. Search using the letters "ii" instead of the numeral 2. It comes right up.

SgtWiggles said:
Glad I remembered to pre-order on Tuesday. Cancelled my Amazon one (Since they are so fond of sending me damaged CE's). Guess I'll order the guide from Amazon though (Or PM at Best Buy)
I'm hoping with the size of this thing a box will be necessary and it won't get destroyed like those Bravely Default CE's that shipped in padded envelopes. We'll see...

As has been pointed out, not everyone buys the guide to use it as a guide in the traditional sense. Before the update I simply used it for weapon stats.

As an animator my apartment is literally littered with books everywhere that I use for inspiration and reference and so a game with such awe inspiring landscapes and character designs, it would be a shame for me to not own all the books on the game that I can. I probably spend just as much if not more on books than I do on games!

On another note, I have my CE preordered at a BB that is not doing a midnight release. The one down the street however is. I had already planned on calling in sick Tuesday and I really wanted to nab this and Titanfall as early as possible because I know I will wake up Tuesday at like 7am then super antsy to play but the store doesn't open until 10! What I am getting at is is there any chance at all that the other Best Buy would still be able to take a reserve order for the CE tonight? I couldn't go this week because my days are literally wake, commute, work, school, commute and I get home around 11pm and I just realized that my store isnt going to do a midnight release earlier this week : /

I know we can still order with shipping online but was curious if anyone had experience with this at the B&M locations. I would imagine that the shipments have already gone out to the individual stores with their copies of the games and so it would be unlikely but who knows?
If anyone was wondering, they no longer can preorder the CE in store, though they still were able to for the basic black armor editions.

Did you have to specify that you wanted the black armor edition when pre-ordering the game? I bought both the PS3 and 360 versions months ago from Gamestop, but not sure if it was one of those automatically get Black Armor edition for pre-ordering the game like with the original Dark Souls. 

Did you have to specify that you wanted the black armor edition when pre-ordering the game? I bought both the PS3 and 360 versions months ago from Gamestop, but not sure if it was one of those automatically get Black Armor edition for pre-ordering the game like with the original Dark Souls.
It was an automatic thing.

Or at least, it is supposed to be at least.

I just purchased the CE for ps3 from the BB website. It isn't sold out in either platform. Search using the letters "ii" instead of the numeral 2. It comes right up.
I'll update thread. Thanks. I was searching for "Dark Souls 2" which worked before.

Not smart on BB end to use "ii" as part 2. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back