Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseX']Just an FYI. For those of you planning to hold on to sealed cases, you do know there's glue/adhesive on the back side right? That cardboard on the back is (for whatever stupid reason) glued to the bottom of the case.

I can see these cases being more valuable as time goes on, but I'm sure the adhesive on the back will do more harm to the back of the case as well. I took mine off as soon as I got it and I can still see where they applied the adhesive. Don't know why they needed both the glue and the shrinkwrap, retards.[/QUOTE]
I just unwrapped mines, and I don't see any glue, adhesive, or cardboard...

[quote name='ethwang']Just got mine from Gamestop--keeping it sealed until October rolls around. Worried about pre-ordering from Amazon as I may upgrade to CE once they announce it.[/QUOTE]

My Gamestop tried to sell me one tonight also. BBY must be the only ones holding back until. Tuesday.

Just got back from BestBuy and picked up one of these. Gaming manager went to the back and got me one, there was nothing set up. Only thing weird was that I was charged tax... Manager said it was because it was a "physical" item instead of "digital"... Oh well not complaining. As always, thanks CAGers!!

didn't get one :cry:
guy said he saw them in the back, but didn't know when they were coming to the front. Is there a set date that they are?

[quote name='ZachAttack']Just got back from BestBuy and picked up one of these. Gaming manager went to the back and got me one, there was nothing set up. Only thing weird was that I was charged tax... Manager said it was because it was a "physical" item instead of "digital"... Oh well not complaining. As always, thanks CAGers!![/QUOTE]

You paid sales tax because it's part of your purchase of the full game. You pay sales tax on the $5 now and then sales tax on the $54.99 when you pick up the game itself. Same thing as if you would have paid sales tax on the whole $59.99 at once.

[quote name='nillarilla']didn't get one :cry:
guy said he saw them in the back, but didn't know when they were coming to the front. Is there a set date that they are?[/QUOTE]

Today. The reason being today is the first "official" day you could preorder AC3 according to Ubi. They were supposed to put it out and set up the displays today.

Got one from GameStop. Went to Best Buy first and the guy back there didn't seem to know much about them, but at least he made an effort to find out about it for me. He couldn't find any in the end.

[quote name='htz']I just unwrapped mines, and I don't see any glue, adhesive, or cardboard...[/QUOTE]
No glue on mine also. Just a thin piece of paper that was under the plastic (loose)

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Got one from GameStop. Went to Best Buy first and the guy back there didn't seem to know much about them, but at least he made an effort to find out about it for me. He couldn't find any in the end.[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing happened to me. Guy at Best Buy came back and told me he couldn't find any cases in the back, and that I should just go to Gamestop to get one. That is exactly what I did. My gamestop had the whole back wall plastered with these cases...easily over 100 of these available at the gamestop near me.

hey guys. do me a favor and don't empty out my store. thanx cags ;)

at least til tomorrow afternoon. then i can get my me3 and ac3 steelbooks. peace yo

i asked my friend to go to best buy since its a block away from his job--he called me and told me that that they didn't give him the steel case that it would be given to him when he picked up the game if he reserved it.

the cases weren't on display yet so he had to ask for the game/case as it wasn't out yet, but he said they had it cuz the guy actually brought one out and showed it to him.

[quote name='youenvy']i asked my friend to go to best buy since its a block away from his job--he called me and told me that that they didn't give him the steel case that it would be given to him when he picked up the game if he reserved it.

the cases weren't on display yet so he had to ask for the game/case as it wasn't out yet, but he said they had it cuz the guy actually brought one out and showed it to him.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't anyone question that logic? Why would Ubi send them preorder bonuses that they weren't supposed to give out until October 30th on the fifth of March? That employee is dumb as fuck...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Stop being so frickin cheap. Accept that you are getting a great steelbook for $5.[/QUOTE]
Stfu! Thanks for not answering my question, douche . I'm on cheapassgamer for a reason.
Btw htz, thanks for the pic.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Doesn't anyone question that logic? Why would Ubi send them preorder bonuses that they weren't supposed to give out until October 30th on the fifth of March? That employee is dumb as fuck...[/QUOTE]

yeah that's what i was thinking "so they give you these steelbook cases so you can hold them for months", makes no effin sense. My friend isn't a big video game head though and he was nice enough to try, but i would have totally questioned the guy. i mean the guy actually brought one out and showed it to him. My friend even told me it looked real sweet.

well im going to a gamestop like 20 min away from my house tomorrow so hopefully ill have good luck there.

[quote name='htz']I just unwrapped mines, and I don't see any glue, adhesive, or cardboard...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']No glue on mine also. Just a thin piece of paper that was under the plastic (loose)[/QUOTE]

W.T.F. Where did you guys get yours from?

fuck it. Now I'm definitely going to get more tomorrow.

Grabbed one today at BB figured I might as well get AC3 day one since it'll be close enough to black friday where I can an adjustment and get the game for $35 which I'm sure it will be by then

Edit:anybody else notice how big these steel cases are? wonder why they arent standard PS3 game case size

[quote name='scott_matthews']You paid sales tax because it's part of your purchase of the full game. You pay sales tax on the $5 now and then sales tax on the $54.99 when you pick up the game itself. Same thing as if you would have paid sales tax on the whole $59.99 at once.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, but I've never paid sales tax on a preorder, even from BestBuy in the past. Even the manager said it shouldn't of been taxed, that's why I mentioned it.

[quote name='Rockinjs']Edit:anybody else notice how big these steel cases are? wonder why they arent standard PS3 game case size[/QUOTE]

They're XBox360/DVD size, not PS3/Blu-Ray size. I actually asked if they had PS3 sized ones so I could get one of each, but they were only issued in the XBox size.

Swung by GameStop and picked up 2 of these with Pre-orders. I don't even really like the AC series, but I'm a sucker for Steelbooks and with all this GS credit from BB flips, it was easily worth the $5 bucks. These really are amazing looking Steelbooks and mine came sealed too.

[quote name='youenvy']yeah that's what i was thinking "so they give you these steelbook cases so you can hold them for months", makes no effin sense. My friend isn't a big video game head though and he was nice enough to try, but i would have totally questioned the guy. i mean the guy actually brought one out and showed it to him. My friend even told me it looked real sweet.

well im going to a gamestop like 20 min away from my house tomorrow so hopefully ill have good luck there.[/QUOTE]

LOL! But yeah, you're friend was awesome for going!

[quote name='ZachAttack']That makes sense, but I've never paid sales tax on a preorder, even from BestBuy in the past. Even the manager said it shouldn't of been taxed, that's why I mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Cali and I didn't get taxed on the pre-order of AC3 at GS, and I've never been taxed on any pre-order at BB (including an ME3 pre-order I made today). And Cali tries to tax freakin' everything...

that sucks. so they dont have ps3 steelcases, just 360 sized ones? oh wellz but that sucks if that is the case(unintentional pun)

[quote name='Velo214']that sucks. so they dont have ps3 steelcases, just 360 sized ones? oh wellz but that sucks if that is the case(unintentional pun)[/QUOTE]

I do prefer bluray cases though not this time. Assassin's Creed is an Xbox 360 series, the PS3 editions have always been gimped ports.

[quote name='esalw822']I'm in Cali and I didn't get taxed on the pre-order of AC3 at GS, and I've never been taxed on any pre-order at BB (including an ME3 pre-order I made today). And Cali tries to tax freakin' everything...[/QUOTE]

Hrm, I'm in Cali too, and I did get taxed on the AC3 preorder ... I can't help but feel like I've been duped by BB. It's only 50 cents, but it's the principal of the matter!

Placed my order for the steel case on BB website.
I really hope it goes through, and they send me the case.

I just don't have time to stop by the store due to work.
Crosses finger.

My best buy said they couldn't sell it till tomorrow but my Game stop was fine with selling me one. They already had people waiting outside for mass effect 3

Went to a BestBuy in Henderson and Las Vegas today. Both of them told me that the game isn't coming out for months, and because it's not a movie, they don't hand out the steelbooks until it releases.

Anybody around me have better experiences? I don't want to wait to get it.

yeah i was able to walk into bby and grab 3. 1 for myself 1 to sell if i cant get an ok deal ill buy the game for my bro, and 1 for a friend.

For the people that got more than one:

Did you have to pre-order multiple copies or did they just hand you multiple steelbooks?

[quote name='phillyphill39']yeah i was able to walk into bby and grab 3. 1 for myself 1 to sell if i cant get an ok deal ill buy the game for my bro, and 1 for a friend.[/QUOTE]

Which one did you visit?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Which one did you visit?[/QUOTE]
the Springfield store not sure if my profile says im in va. and to the other guy i had to preorder 3 but it doesnt mean i have to pick them up i still only paid $5 per case and got bulletstorm while i was there.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']For the people that got more than one:

Did you have to pre-order multiple copies or did they just hand you multiple steelbooks?[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be multiple copies...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I would think it would be multiple copies...[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna assume these are inventoried, so they'll have to be scanned for each preorder.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Went to a BestBuy in Henderson and Las Vegas today. Both of them told me that the game isn't coming out for months, and because it's not a movie, they don't hand out the steelbooks until it releases.

Anybody around me have better experiences? I don't want to wait to get it.[/QUOTE]
That sucks to hear, I planned on going the Marks St store on Wednesday. I'll probably since I'll be over there and see if I get a better result.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Ah, sorry. I thought you were referring to me in NV.[/QUOTE]

ahh i see i did post right after you :whistle2:#

Those of you who ordered multiple, you pre-ordered the game multiple times? I saw someone say they got 3 copies.

for those of you wondering about pre-orders for best buy...they asked me which system i was preordering for, told them 1 of each, paid 10.xx in cash and walked out. i never have to go back.

this was my experience, could be different for you though

bread's done
Back