Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm already have all those wii u games, got dk tf and pikmin 3 digital free through club Nintendo. Only thing I need on the list really is OoT. Wasn't that hard to find at one point?

Wow I wonder what Gamestop will do with all of those Pikmin 3s that they paid us $72 each for over the summer.

Ill never understand Nintendo. They let Pikmin 3 go out of print for over a year, causing the price to skyrocket. Instead of capitalizing and making a reprint at the $60, they let resellers make nice profits for a good year, only to rerelease it at $20. Again, I will never understand their business decisions.

Darn it, I thought about trading in Super Mario 3D World during Gamestop's 50% promotion, but decided against it. Now it's trading in for next to nothing (only $11 after PUR), which makes me wonder if this is why (probably not, but that's still quite a tank in value). Just about everything that's worth owning here is something I already have, too.

Also, that second link's not clickable for me.

Every game on the list GameStop now has at 10 base, unless the value was already below 10 (DKCR). So obviously they know these games are coming to the U.S.

I wish the Wii U ones were $19.99.

I'd be willing to pay those prices digitally. Once a child scratches a Wii U game, its done.

I've also learned to stop buying used ones from gamestop. About 3/4ths that have scratches never work.

Can't resurface them in the machine I have either.

I wish the Wii U ones were $19.99.

I'd be willing to pay those prices digitally. Once a child scratches a Wii U game, its done.

I've also learned to stop buying used ones from gamestop. About 3/4ths that have scratches never work.

Can't resurface them in the machine I have either.
They maybe $19.99? Possibility in that only because NES Remix MSRP is $30.

That sound you just heard was the dreams of scalpers being utterly shattered. So in honor of Valentine's Day....

tumblr_lvz67wX94e1qfxq87o1_500.gif

glad i didn't pick up some of these when i saw some of these for $30.  probably get my nephiew mario world 3d for xmas this year.

Ah man, I just bought NES Remix for the Wii U thinking it would be hard to find.  Had a feeling Zelda was going to get on there, still bought it anyway.  Should have held off buying a second hand copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2. 

Wish Fire Emblem Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and/or Kirby Return to Dreamland was one given the Nintendo Selects treatment. 

A little shocked that New Super Mario Bros. Wii didn't make the cut.  I'm guessing it will just confuse people seeing NSMB, NSMB Wii U, NSMB Luigi in the same section. Same goes with Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee.

Glad to see Super Mario All-Stars and Pikmin 3 get reprints.  Now let's hope for a sale soon! :)

So ~$16 with GCU? Sounds like I'm getting Mario and Pikmin when these come out. Awesome!

NES Remix is really good.  Probably the most I've played my Wii U.

How is DKC: Tropical Freeze in terms of challenge?  I'll probably pick it up if it's tough enough to be fun, but all of the Nintendo platformers lately seem to be of a child-friendly difficulty.

Hope more people get a chance to experience some of these great games.

May rebuy a couple for $15.99 with GCU that I either no longer have or to kee the original new.

That sound you just heard was the dreams of scalpers being utterly shattered. So in honor of Valentine's Day....
The ones that are really in it already made their money. See this thread... As long as there are low print games, the scalpers will win. Yes I am glad they won't be able to do it anymore, but trust me they got their cut.

Glad to see Super Mario All-Stars and Pikmin 3 get reprints. Now let's hope for a sale soon! :)
I was really disappointed with All-Stars since it was literally nothing but an emulation of the SNES version, but I've kept it through the years thanks to the soundtrack CD and special packaging. Retro collections like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection have spoiled me with all of their extras (enhanced graphics, filters and borders, unlockable arcade games, bonus videos, etc.), while you're stuck with a game that looks horrible on an HDTV with All-Stars. I know part of that is because it was on the Wii, but they could've done something to make it look nicer, especially those ugly black borders that take up most of the screen.

Still, it'll be nice for everyone that doesn't have the SNES version to find a copy at a decent price, sans the physical extras.

NES Remix is really good. Probably the most I've played my Wii U.

How is DKC: Tropical Freeze in terms of challenge? I'll probably pick it up if it's tough enough to be fun, but all of the Nintendo platformers lately seem to be of a child-friendly difficulty.
tropical freeze is definitely the hardest mainstream 2D platformer in recent years the difficulty level is turned up from the first

Oh Dear God.. I put my entire life savings into hoarding Pikmin 3.. they were supposed to pay for college.. I feel sick..

tropical freeze is definitely the hardest mainstream 2D platformer in recent years the difficulty level is turned up from the first
I played it for a bit. The difficulty seems to be artificial to me in a way. I enjoy when you need skillful timing or quick thinking to complete a level, but when the game just kills you without warning and makes you memorize a stagnant path until you know what exactly will happen throughout an entire level, it seems very cheap. Some of the levels in DKTF (especially the mine cart levels) are like this, and the difficulty feels artificial. It is probably just me, and I don't know 2D platformers, and I am terrible at DKTF, et cetera.

I enjoy Volgarr the Viking, but it makes you memorize things in a different way, in an addicting kind of way. When DKTF killed me, I quite often felt like I had zero control. When I died in Volgarr the Viking, it's because I did something wrong!

I played it for a bit. The difficulty seems to be artificial to me in a way. I enjoy when you need skillful timing or quick thinking to complete a level, but when the game just kills you without warning and makes you memorize a stagnant path until you know what exactly will happen throughout an entire level, it seems very cheap. Some of the levels in DKTF (especially the mine cart levels) are like this, and the difficulty feels artificial. It is probably just me, and I don't know 2D platformers, and I am terrible at DKTF, et cetera.

I enjoy Volgarr the Viking, but it makes you memorize things in a different way, in an addicting kind of way. When DKTF killed me, I quite often felt like I had zero control. When I died in Volgarr the Viking, it's because I did something wrong!
The SNES Donkey Kong games are much better.

I saw some copies of SMG2 show up at Wal-Mart last week for $19.99. Original cover art. Thought it was kind of odd seeing it randomly restocked.

So if you got that at $60 per game ($240) plus the added tax...you really didn't make that much money off them. It was selling for $100 on Amazon. Making $280 isn't really anything to boat about. Still I think the original packaging will be worth the price down the line.

I definitely wasn't going to pay a ridiculous $100 for the game. I'm glad it's getting a re-release.

I don't think the prices have been confirmed as $19.99 for Wii U titles.  I just bought OOT 3D last month for $30 at BB but I haven't opened it yet.  If it is indeed $19.99, I can take it back and rebuy it for cheaper.

Darn it, I thought about trading in Super Mario 3D World during Gamestop's 50% promotion, but decided against it. Now it's trading in for next to nothing (only $11 after PUR), which makes me wonder if this is why (probably not, but that's still quite a tank in value). Just about everything that's worth owning here is something I already have, too.

Also, that second link's not clickable for me.
$14 at Bestbuy +60% if you're a GCU this week so 22.4

$14 at Bestbuy +60% if you're a GCU this week so 22.4
But it was around $32 during Gamestop's promo, if memory serves. I bought it for $35 two years ago and still haven't finished it because solo play hasn't kept my interest; should've traded it in while I could've recouped most of my losses, but now no one's going to offer much for it. Better to keep it now and hope I find some local friends who'll play it with me.

I think Gamestop has known about this for a couple months. Pikmin 3 has had three price cuts in the last couple months, down from the $59.99 price that it was last fall. Used copies are almost nonexistent at GS stores, so there was no reason to keep dropping the price unless Nintendo alerted them about an upcoming rerelease. I picked up a mint copy of Mario All-stars last summer when it was $59.99 and that has dropped to $34.99 also. Great news for anyone that missed out since Nintendo lets too many evergreen titles go OOP too quickly.

DKC:TF and Ultimate NES Remix are the main ones I'm missing so those will be definite at $15.99 after GCU.  Now I just need to track down copies at BB with the original box art.

Interested in Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

For those two titles, would Nintendo Selects have any extras that the vanilla copies don't have? I don't know if those two titles had any DLCs or anything like that.

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Animal Crissing New Leaf among others have the reduced price of $29.99. I think the $19.99 price in the op is wrong but we will see.

I'm sorry, but where has it ever been confirmed that the Wii U games are $19.99? Every graphic I've seen shows $29.99. Is this hope and speculation that some are passing off as fact?

I'm sorry, but where has it ever been confirmed that the Wii U games are $19.99? Every graphic I've seen shows $29.99. Is this hope and speculation that some are passing off as fact?
I don't know if it's been confirmed but people are saying the $29.99 price is the Canadian price, which would make the US retail price cheaper. Knowing Nintendo though, and their history with the Selects line, they would probably still try to charge the US $29.99 for the WiiU games at least.

bread's done
Back