Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea why more publishers don't do this, just press a new round of ancient cds every once in a while. God knows people would buy Naughty Dog reprints of Crash, new player's choice copies of Melee, ect. It's not even consistent with Squeenix, they reprint 9 in greatest hits but don't do the same for the perennially in-demand FFVII, which sells for nice dosh new even with GH branding. I know most of us here would cringe at the prospect of freefalling collection values, but the only real reason vidja tends to have such high resale value is publishers just let their old properties rot.
They'd rather re-release them digitally and make more money that way, because of the lack of production costs.

I have no idea why Nintendo hasn't released the GC titles on the e-Shop. The Wii U has the ability to play them.

I had a Gamestop employee tell me they were coming out in may and would be $59.99
I had a gamestop employee tell me that the nuketown map for BLOPS III was only at Gamestop.

I had a gamestop employee tell the guy in front of me that Elder Scrolls Online would only start downloading from XBL at midnight that night and he couldn't preload it. I think he was pissed when I corrected him and cost him a preorder, but I didn't give a shit since I'll likely never be in that store again in my life.

So will Amazon be getting this for preorder? Or will it not count because it's already been released? I need Animal Crossing but I can get it used on the low anyway...Mario Allstars would be cool but I'm gonna hold out and hope I can find one with the book some dummy sells not knowing it was a special edition...

The rest I sadly paid for in B2G1 deals or when the price recently dropped (DKCTF and SMW3D) but whatever. 

I need to acquire Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World before the Nintendo Select versions are released. I'll buy the ugly Select versions later on sale and use those as play copies.
Plan to sell those non select games sealed for $1000 each in 30 years?

Now that I think about it I wonder what determines which games makes Nintendo select status? I mean I highly doubt Pikmin 3 sold that well...

Now that I think about it I wonder what determines which games makes Nintendo select status? I mean I highly doubt Pikmin 3 sold that well...
Probably a mix of games that they feel have on going sales potential and strong mass market appeal. I think they did reasonably well with the Pikimin 1/2 ones so that probably helped in addition to being a Miyamota baby.

I picked up the vanilla copies at Best Buy that are still available and will do a price adjustment once these new Nintendo selects are released.

Hopefully the original copies will drop in value... my collector's OCD makes the GOTY/Platinum Hits/Nintendo Select variants feel like kryptonite.

Amazon is offering 26 for 3d world.

Lock in the price now.

Buy 2 copies when its 20 bucks.

Make profit.
Pikmin 3 is trading in for 23.xx

My plan:

Buy 3 copies of Pikmin 3 and 3d World (at BB with GCU)

Trade 2 copies each to Amazon

???

Free (or close to it) copies for me

if the cover art or (especially) the upc are different for the select versions, you may have a problem getting amazon to accept them at the best value.

Little late here but I know those are prices for Canada, will they be 19.99 in america?

I'd like to grab a 3ds and 2 wiiu games for my girlfriends son to stash for his birthday at those prices. Donkey kong, pikimin3 and majoras mask.

Don't even care if it's greatest hits editions since they are for him and not going in my collection.

Little late here but I know those are prices for Canada, will they be 19.99 in america?

I'd like to grab a 3ds and 2 wiiu games for my girlfriends son to stash for his birthday at those prices. Donkey kong, pikimin3 and majoras mask.

Don't even care if it's greatest hits editions since they are for him and not going in my collection.
Its looking that way.

CcZAK8SUMAAfWKP.jpg

Noqw to see if we can price match standard editions for the same price or if they are going to merge SKUs in store for it anyways. Hate that boxart but for the price I'll still get it.

I am really surprised Nintendo is pricing these at $20, do you think eBay sellers are going crazy now this is official.
I am surprised too, and good on Nintendo for pricing these competitively.

Now to see if we can price match standard editions for the same price or if they are going to merge SKUs in store for it anyways. Hate that boxart but for the price I'll still get it.
The wording makes me think all SKUs will be merged to reflect the price cut. Says "prices effective March 11th" as if there will be a change in price. I think, historically, non "Greatest Hits" versions of games have gone down too for any system they do this on. Could be wrong though.

Very surprised but happy that Nintendo hit the $20 price with these :) I'll be getting a couple of them to replace the copies I sold a while ago.

You're going to want to go to the store the day these prices hit (or now and do a return-rebuy later), so you can hopefully find the original box art at that reduced price.  Some of these are still available, but you may have to search hard.

Hah, my coworker bought a Wii U and Super Mario 3D World two weeks ago. Maybe he can return SM3DW and rebuy it.

bread's done
Back