Updated: Nintendo makes official announcement. Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Pikmin 3 will be 19.99 March 11th

wiiups4

CAGiversary!
*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="wiiups4" post="13203879" timestamp="1455495762"]

*We really need a "News" section too lol

I made this to let you know that Nintendo just announced "Nintendo Selects" are coming for these games, on March 11th, making them 19.99 each everywhere.

*Updated link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-selects

So if you were interested in these games, hold off for 3 more weeks.
Some wii and 3ds titles too, check link for those

The two really big releases in this line-up are Ocarina of Time and Pikmin 3. Both of those games have been out-of-print for some time, and are difficult and expensive to pick up on the second-hand market. (believe me, that's how I got Pikmin 3) For general Nintendo fans, this is fantastic. Now a whole bunch of harder-to-find Nintendo games will be widely available for a very reasonable price.

This is not so good for me. Mainly because I already have every game on that list. All the same, I'm happy for those fans who will now be able to play these games without ruining their wallet.

You're going to want to go to the store the day these prices hit (or now and do a return-rebuy later), so you can hopefully find the original box art at that reduced price. Some of these are still available, but you may have to search hard.
That's exactly what I'm planning to do. My Best Buy store has a dozen copies or so of OoT 3D. Hopefully it's the same Sku.

They need to hurry up and say wwhatever the NX is. If it's backwards compatible with wii u games, I'd buy them all.
Probablly have to wait for e3 for that info. But unless it's just 100% entirely new hardware it should run. Ever since they went disc based new systems have worked with the previous. Then again it is nintendo so there is no telling what they will do till they do it

Probablly have to wait for e3 for that info. But unless it's just 100% entirely new hardware it should run. Ever since they went disc based new systems have worked with the previous. Then again it is nintendo so there is no telling what they will do till they do it
Since they don't sell the Wii U Gamepad separately the new system would need a compatible controller for it to be backwards compatible. With Nintendo drastically changing the controller for every system that seems unlikely.

The two really big releases in this line-up are Ocarina of Time and Pikmin 3. Both of those games have been out-of-print for some time, and are difficult and expensive to pick up on the second-hand market. (believe me, that's how I got Pikmin 3) For general Nintendo fans, this is fantastic. Now a whole bunch of harder-to-find Nintendo games will be widely available for a very reasonable price.

This is not so good for me. Mainly because I already have every game on that list. All the same, I'm happy for those fans who will now be able to play these games without ruining their wallet.
Ocarina of Time h as been in stock at all retailers for awhile at $39.99. I think it was only pulled cause people were running homebrew off it.

Great! Glad all the Wii U games will be $20. Fingers crossed Amazon counts them as "new" games and we can get 20% off as well.  

Windwaker HD and Starfox 3DS might be in Wave 2. Wouldn't count them out.
It will only take them five years until they do the next set!

Was reading about Nintendo 3ds sales beginning to fall vs DS and GBA. Hope you are right and Nintendo would release Starfox 3ds down the road.
Nintendo has had so many misses lately which isn't helping. I don't think any of their new series that were supposed to become ongoing properties have found any traction and a lot of their major franchises have had their most recent entry bomb hard.

Wave 2 is slated for Fall - Holiday Season according to a Leaked Line Up that had right so far. Just speculation though

$16 with GCU will be pretty nice... I Wonder if Amazon will give 20%? Will they just consider it a lower price of the same stuff or will they consider it new stuff?

I'm assuming no backwards compatibility, so I'm going to eventually buy an extra wii u system. I thought Nintendo was abandoning the wii u completely and going with more powerful hardware (which would mean an entirely different architecture) to compete better with Sony and Microsoft. Anyways, already purchased vanilla versions DK Tropical Freeze & Super Mario 3D World, so I can price match at BB on the 11th.

Since they don't sell the Wii U Gamepad separately the new system would need a compatible controller for it to be backwards compatible. With Nintendo drastically changing the controller for every system that seems unlikely.
Could be compatible for backwards compatibility or something, since its wireless maybe you can set one up. Or a wii u pro controller. Could be done, unless I am mistaken and there are games that require the tablet controller.

Then again they may go so hard in a new direction to get away from the difficulties they had with the wiiu that U games wont work on it.

I dont know, like I said we should find more details on it at E3.

Personally I think Ill end up doing what I did with the wiiu, buy one a year or so after it comes out. I still havent bought xbone yet but I will when it drops in price/has a new model or whatever, waited almost a year to buy a ps4 as well. I just cant justify buying new systems in their first year really anymore. Id rather wait, let bugs get worked out, better games to come out and such. But in the mean time I can still buy a game I find a damn good deal on, or get a CE/SE I want and shelve it till I get the new system.

Pretty sure the NX will end up for me what a wiiu is, something to only play first party published and developed nintendo games.

I think It's a given that Star Fox 64 3D is part of the 2nd wave since there's a new Star Fox game coming out later this year. 

I think It's a given that Star Fox 64 3D is part of the 2nd wave since there's a new Star Fox game coming out later this year.
Which you'd think they would've put it into the first wave to generate interest in Star Fox Wii U.

Too bad Nintendo's marketing defies reason and logic.

I want Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

What do you mean later this year, isn't it coming out next month?

Has anybody tried getting a regular version for Selects price at say Walmart?

Seems it would be an easy price match to me since it is still the same title.

But they're not listed at Walmart or anyone they price match yet.

Also, Galaxy 2 is already $20 at Walmart.

Just buy, return and rebuy if you want the non-select package. I ordered 2 copies of 3D World from BB this morning, intending on doing just that when the price drops.

I returned my unopened OOT 3D to Best Buy.  I bought it 2 months ago though so I only got store credit.  Funny thing is I think I actually got $5 more in credit than I paid for it.  I will buy it again once the price is reduced.  I don't care about the packaging being different.

bread's done
Back