User DrunkPollock Warning - Do not trade/Halt

[quote name='hawkhogan']LOL thanks! :D

Yeah i know. But just saying... in any case, why has he replied only at gametz but not here in this thread? I mean i 'd think if he replied here to all the users whom haven't received anything he'd be on his way to solving things...[/quote]
Right, well, I'm not going to say it until DrunkPollock posts in this thread. I want to hear his explanation for it.

[quote name='naes']Right, well, I'm not going to say it until DrunkPollock posts in this thread. I want to hear his explanation for it.[/quote]He can't post in-here. TTO prevents him from being able to post in any part of the Trading Forum.

[quote name='shrike4242']He can't post in-here. TTO prevents him from being able to post in any part of the Trading Forum.[/quote]
Would it be possible to allow him to post in here but still have something near his name that says not to trade with him? I think if he wants us to give him a chance, (not that I would) he needs to post in here.

[quote name='shrike4242']He can't post in-here. TTO prevents him from being able to post in any part of the Trading Forum.[/quote]
Ah, forgot about that.

Might as well point it out.

Okay, in his explanation on GameTZ, he raises the point that he had two iPods coming to him. One from John (GTZ moderator) and one from a CAG. His room mate had access to his mail according to DrunkPollock, correct?

Now, how did DrunkPollock receive John's iPod, but not the one from CAG? If you remember, his room mate was taking his mail. How did he get the iPod from John? Wouldn't his room mate have stolen that package? If his room mate was stealing the packages, he would have stolen John's iPod. But somehow, DrunkPollock got it and not the room mate.

[quote name='naes']Ah, forgot about that.

Might as well point it out.

Okay, in his explanation on GameTZ, he raises the point that he had two iPods coming to him. One from John (GTZ moderator) and one from a CAG. His room mate had access to his mail according to DrunkPollock, correct?

Now, how did DrunkPollock receive John's iPod, but not the one from CAG? If you remember, his room mate was taking his mail. How did he get the iPod from John? Wouldn't his room mate have stolen that package? If his room mate was stealing the packages, he would have stolen John's iPod. But somehow, DrunkPollock got it and not the room mate.[/quote]

Agreed. Also, how in the heck did the roommate "hide" 20 packages (some of them quite large) from him the whole time. Getting away with a few here and there might be easy, but it would be a huge coincidence to miss all 20.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Agreed. Also, how in the heck did the roommate "hide" 20 packages (some of them quite large) from him the whole time. Getting away with a few here and there might be easy, but it would be a huge coincidence to miss all 20.[/QUOTE]Were packages being held in the movie truck?? That's something I wonder about too.

[quote name='DrunkPollock']
Now, how did DrunkPollock receive John's iPod, but not the one from CAG? If you remember, his room mate was taking his mail. How did he get the iPod from John? Wouldn't his room mate have stolen that package? If his room mate was stealing the packages, he would have stolen John's iPod. But somehow, DrunkPollock got it and not the room mate.
I was tracking John's package and was aware it was being delivered.

I'm not sure why its so hard for people to believe that packages were being delivered without my knowledge. Our mailboxes are down the street in lockboxes and i never check them myself.[/quote]

Right, so what did you do? Did you go and get it yourself? Did you ask your room mate if he saw it?

[quote name='naes']

Now, how did DrunkPollock receive John's iPod, but not the one from CAG? If you remember, his room mate was taking his mail. How did he get the iPod from John? Wouldn't his room mate have stolen that package? If his room mate was stealing the packages, he would have stolen John's iPod. But somehow, DrunkPollock got it and not the room mate.[/quote]

If we pretend DP is being truthful, then his felon-roommate would want the charade to go on as long as possible. He would only take the ipod from CAG

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Were packages being held in the movie truck?? That's something I wonder about too.[/quote]

Doubtful they just sat in a moving truck. They are somewhat costly and this whole trade scam took place over more than a few days. Most likely, they just sat in the felon's room. I wouldn't want to go in a felon's room and search around. Then again, I wouldn't want to live with a felon.

Again , this is all pretending DP is telling the truth.

There are plenty of holes in his story.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If we pretend DP is being truthful, then his felon-roommate would want the charade to go on as long as possible. He would only take the ipod from CAG[/quote]
How would he know the difference? Did he remember everyone's name?

My question is.... if DrunkenPollock was aware the items were being delivered, why didn't he intercept them... and if he knew it was being delivered, did he also know his roommate was causing all this havoc...?

[quote name='naes']How would he know the difference? Did he remember everyone's name?[/quote]

Lets take the story given by DP.

-We have a felon who is home all the time.
-Since he is home all the time, we can infer he doesn't have a job.
-He's obviously crafty enough to hide $1000 worth of goods, and make DP not suspect anything (where did he get all these things without a job?)

assuming all the above is true(as well as the original coverstory), he should be able to take note of who sent what. After all, he has all day to sort through it all ;)

[quote name='hawkhogan']My question is.... if DrunkenPollock was aware the items were being delivered, why didn't he intercept them... and if he knew it was being delivered, did he also know his roommate was causing all this havoc...?[/quote]
He never said he was aware items were being delivered, other than John's iPod.

Which reminds me. How the hell could all of these packages fit in a lockboxes? There's no way some of these bundles could fit in mail lockboxes and that means either he would have to pick the packages up at the Post Office (with ID) or delivered to his door (meaning he would know that he was getting extra packages).

[quote name='Pookymeister']Lets take the story given by DP.

-We have a felon who is home all the time.
-Since he is home all the time, we can infer he doesn't have a job.
-He's obviously crafty enough to hide $1000 worth of goods, and make DP not suspect anything (where did he get all these things without a job?)

assuming all the above is true(as well as the original coverstory), he should be able to take note of who sent what. After all, he has all day to sort through it all ;)[/quote]
Doesn't DP have a wife? His wife would be home all day with the felon (most likely).

[quote name='naes']Doesn't DP have a wife? His wife would be home all day with the felon (most likely).[/QUOTE]

Are we also assuming DP lives in 1950s America? Stay home with the felon, woman! Have my dinner ready!

I hope this all works out in the end - I had one minor deal with DP last year when I sold him a 360 code and it was quick & painless.

[quote name='naes']He never said he was aware items were being delivered, other than John's iPod.

Which reminds me. How the hell could all of these packages fit in a lockboxes? There's no way some of these bundles could fit in mail lockboxes and that means either he would have to pick the packages up at the Post Office (with ID) or delivered to his door (meaning he would know that he was getting extra packages).[/quote]

I've had to pick up several things at the post office, and they never id me for them. All I have to do is sign so the other guy could have signed it like he was the guy.

[quote name='jman619']I've had to pick up several things at the post office, and they never id me for them. All I have to do is sign so the other guy could have signed it like he was the guy.[/quote]
You sure that's how it works? Every time I have to pick something up from the post office I have to sign for it and show my passport or school ID.

[quote name='rowe']Are we also assuming DP lives in 1950s America? Stay home with the felon, woman! Have my dinner ready![/quote]
5.4 million wives are stay at home wives. So, it's not that big of a stretch to assume she's home during the day.

[quote name='naes']You sure that's how it works? Every time I have to pick something up from the post office I have to sign for it and show my passport or school ID.[/quote]

Well for me anyway yes I'm sure it is different in different places. The first time I ever picked up something all I had to do was sign.

[quote name='naes']He never said he was aware items were being delivered, other than John's iPod.

Which reminds me. How the hell could all of these packages fit in a lockboxes? There's no way some of these bundles could fit in mail lockboxes and that means either he would have to pick the packages up at the Post Office (with ID) or delivered to his door (meaning he would know that he was getting extra packages).[/quote]

And also, under what name did he sign for them? James Pollock or George Novak... which makes me think, if he really is George Novak, does that mean that James Pollock *might be* his thieving roommate? But that question comes to a halt with "His forum name is DrunkPollock" ....

God this is one of the most confusing situations ever.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've never even had to sign, let alone show ID.[/quote]
Alright, I'll try to further prove my point.

If the packages were being held at the post office, DP would have noticed the notices in his mailbox, correct? Also, from my experience, lockboxes only have one key per box. So, assuming DP checked his mail everyday (which he most likely does, he would especially check the day he received his iPod), he would have seen the notices that told him to come pick up packages at the post offices.

DP received his iPod on March 29. Anyone else have their package delivered on March 29?

[quote name='naes']Alright, I'll try to further prove my point.

If the packages were being held at the post office, DP would have noticed the notices in his mailbox, correct? Also, from my experience, lockboxes only have one key per box. So, assuming DP checked his mail everyday (which he most likely does, he would especially check the day he received his iPod), he would have seen the notices that told him to come pick up packages at the post offices.

DP received his iPod on March 29. Anyone else have their package delivered on March 29?[/quote]

I see what your trying to say now. I'm pretty sure now that dp is full of it after what I've read. I noticed something else if you look at his feedback closely maybe 2 or 3 people at most had lower feedback than him at certain points which means more than likely almost all his trades he sent the stuff first. Also there is so many things that were sent to him he had to be home someday I would assume he don't have to work on saturday. He would have to have seen something sooner or later. I think he is making up this story to buy time, and he really moved, and all the stuff in was in that van someone mentioned seeing thats my 2 cents.

[quote name='naes']

DP received his iPod on March 29. Anyone else have their package delivered on March 29?[/quote]
26th by me. Really, there's no issue anymore on whether or not DP is lying- if he gives us his friend's info, then we can prove it was him. If not, then he's lying. "Oh, but I don't know where he lives!" he might say. To that, I say bullshit. You don't just let someone live in your house for awhile, then not have ANY way of contacting them.

New post by him over at gametz:

[quote name='DrunkPollock']Seems like most have already made up their minds.. in any case, I am doing what i can on my end and if anything is recovered i will certainly ship it back to the rightful owners.. i wouldn't hold out much hope though.

I am sorry to all that got ripped off and i know how it feels, and i'm doing the best i can. But unfortunately there isn't a lot that can be done in a situation like this and this has been a lesson hard learned.. i guess now we have to protect our trading accounts like we do our other personal info.

To answer a few questions -

when I'm not trading, i don't regularly log in to CAG or here for that matter, but i did have a pending here with john and a dispute, so i was logging in everyday. But the last deal i completed on CAG was mid- march and since i knew i was moving i wasn't looking to trade and as such, haven't been on.

verbal - thanks for your professional opinion, but i am not guilty of any crimes.

ben - yeah the kid was obviously smart, and i defintely mad e a mistake by trusting him and letting him into my home, does that make me a bad person, I don't know. But i'm the type to extend a helping hand and sometimes it bites you in the ass.

to clear up the mail question - we have lockboxes down the street and i never check them myself, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to intercept them since he usually checked the mail since he was home all day, and if i'm not tracking any packages than i wouldn't be on the lookout for any[/QUOTE]

[quote name='naes']Alright, I'll try to further prove my point.

DP received his iPod on March 29. Anyone else have their package delivered on March 29?[/QUOTE]

Yup. My package was received on the 29th as well:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1288 8230 0228 2494 57

Your item was delivered at 10:46 AM on March 29, 2008 in SIERRA VISTA, AZ 85635.

[quote name='hawkhogan']And also, under what name did he sign for them? James Pollock or George Novak... which makes me think, if he really is George Novak, does that mean that James Pollock *might be* his thieving roommate? But that question comes to a halt with "His forum name is DrunkPollock" ....

God this is one of the most confusing situations ever.[/QUOTE]And there's Rebecca Lane here also. There are two addresses down the street from one another in the mix, along with some Flordia address??

My package was received on the 31st.
Label/Receipt Number: (I removed it)
Detailed Results:

-Delivered, March 31, 2008, 1:59 pm, SIERRA VISTA, AZ 85635
-Arrival at Unit, March 30, 2008, 4:09 pm, SIERRA VISTA, AZ 85635
-Processed, March 29, 2008, 9:19 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85043
-Acceptance, March 28, 2008, 12:19 pm, FORT WAYNE, IN 46802

guys.....come on, mods --- GET HIS REAL ADDRESS now.....hes OBVIOUSLY lying....get his address, if it wasnt him, then i will call my PD and they will help me out, cuz they told me to call as soon as i hear something...then,if it wasnt him who did this, he doesnt have nething to worry about, just tell em who it was then.

I think I can confirm that no-one lives at 218 Stardust anymore. I sent off my package more than 2 weeks ago and it apparently still hasn't arrived, so I guess that means no-one is there to pick it up.

[quote name='Gombay']I think I can confirm that no-one lives at 218 Stardust anymore. I sent off my package more than 2 weeks ago and it apparently still hasn't arrived, so I guess that means no-one is there to pick it up.[/quote]

Isn't that a good thing? Want it get sent back to you eventually?

[quote name='jman619']Isn't that a good thing? Want it get sent back to you eventually?[/quote]
Yeah, good for me probably. Still want to see other people get their stuff back too though. It might not get sent back, I'm not sure. If a forwarding address is put on it though, it'll make it that much easier to track down the thief, whoever that may be, if no information is gathered before then.

it says my package was recieved april 7th. this guy is obviously bsing. he just so happens to log into cag for the first time right after all this happens. and he seems pretty calm about all of this

If he's telling the truth - is he still legally responsible since the stuff was shipped to his address/name? I have no idea what the law says about cases like this - can someone shed some light on this?

I've got a hard time understanding how he didn't know about any of the other deals on CAG. Isn't everything defaulted to receive an email if you get a PM on CAG?

I suppose if the roommate had complete access to CAG he could have turned the option off, but there is a lot that just doesn't add up.

ok great the felon had access to his room. But how many days was this? I sent him pms on many different days and many different times. say at mid night. DP responded right then. That would be what 9 there? Are you saying that the felon was in his room that late? Thought he worked during the day? Thats why the felon could steal the packages because he was at work during the day? I smell something funny.

Yep thats the fresh smell of BULLSHIT!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but .. You might contact some news agency/newspaper who might want a story. At least here, they have stuff on the news where people write in stuff that is bugging them. If anything else, they might do some legwork in locating the guy.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']ok great the felon had access to his room. But how many days was this? I sent him pms on many different days and many different times. say at mid night. DP responded right then. That would be what 9 there? Are you saying that the felon was in his room that late? Thought he worked during the day? Thats why the felon could steal the packages because he was at work during the day? I smell something funny.

Yep thats the fresh smell of BULLSHIT![/quote]
I'm not trying to defend or side with DP at all, but computers are not always in a persons bedroom.

[quote name='spamfree2']I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but .. You might contact some news agency/newspaper who might want a story. At least here, they have stuff on the news where people write in stuff that is bugging them. If anything else, they might do some legwork in locating the guy.[/QUOTE]I thought about telling my college newspaper about this, warning those who trade online that something can happen even though someone has perfect feedback. Not often, but possible.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've got a hard time understanding how he didn't know about any of the other deals on CAG. Isn't everything defaulted to receive an email if you get a PM on CAG?
[/QUOTE]

even if everything is defaulted to send an email, then that implies you can turn it off. for example, i have turned off getting emails, so my PMs can just sit for days without being read - if only someone wanted to PM me to begin with... ;(

This is the Internet it is the wild wild west some of you guys traded alot of expensive stuff

None of you guys asked him for his Phone Number even Though your about to ship $100+ worth of stuff out to some guy you had internet messages with

It is the Wild Wild West

[quote name='PINKO']This is the Internet it is the wild wild west some of you guys traded alot of expensive stuff

None of you guys asked him for his Phone Number even Though your about to ship $100+ worth of stuff out to some guy you had internet messages with

It is the Wild Wild West[/quote]

As much as I feel for everyone (as I have stated a number of times in this thread), I gotta agree with this sentiment. I would never trade, buy, or sell in such large quantities, not without some kind of guarantee or protection.

[quote name='Arakias']even if everything is defaulted to send an email, then that implies you can turn it off. for example, i have turned off getting emails, so my PMs can just sit for days without being read - if only someone wanted to PM me to begin with... ;([/quote]

Hence the second line in my post. ;)

Add some more PS2 games to you trade list, and I'll PM you. :D

Ugh, back in the old days when dealing with this sort of fun stuff via eBay's boards (early 2000 or so) this is pretty much the reaction that one would tend to get from a seller who has been missing a very odd number of packages to buyers. For the most part this was about the second-to-last step in their correspondence, usually followed by a post with an overly upset tone, deeply hurt because he's as much a victim as everyone else in this matter.

In that case it typically ended with a quick turn into a very forceful "I've done all I could, I wish the best of luck to the rest of you out there" or, in the rare circumstance, the plaintive "in the bigger picture, we should all be glad that it was just merchandise that can always be replaced rather than something priceless."

Of course, either way the seller stops responding and that's the "end" of the issue. Well...on their end, anyway. We were always a bit more...industrious after that point.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Has anyone else besides me filed a BTR on GameTZ.com in the last 7 days? I'm the only one.[/QUOTE]I'm signed up at GameTZ but haven't done it yet. I'm about to shortly if nothing happens.

I wonder if the email at GameTZ matches the one at CAG.

bread's done
Back