Usergroup/Forum for established members.

[quote name='Moxio']It appears this won't happen. Too many members are taking offense to this.[/quote]

I really never thought they would be so offended by it. IT probably wouldn't have even been for the deals. Yeesh.

Thanks WSB for bringing more attention to the suggestion.

It was a great idea to get the board to discuss and debate the positives and negatives for bettering the community.

To everyone else:

My input,

I don't believe that the people that would be there, would cause problems in other threads... as im hoping the people like bignick/punq etc who post and are known enough through their posts. would be reliable enough to not start problems.

I believe that deal posts should be excluded if a forum was created. That way the rest of the community wouldn't feel left out. Friends can still share deals through pm's before going to the boards...which im sure happen anyways.

As for people that would just stay in the private forum, i think that it would only really happen to people like MightySlacker who stop posting/lurk or leave.. but instead of leaving the boards he would still be around.

The pri forum threads off the main page which was suggested earlier would stop others from finding an unreachable thread. And at least for me, I know that im still going to go to the start page and refresh to see whats going on so most of my posts would still be in the main community.

Cheapy, the Mods, and a good bit of usuals have posted in this tread, so im sure something (private thread or some other solution) will be found.

IMO the problems are natural because of the increased size of users which comes with the popularity... like gamefaqs, bensbargains,fatwallet etc. and the increasing ratio of users to mods is starting to show. Which unfortuately i feel that if cag continues to grow the boards will be similar to the prior named sites.

I also suggest, if it is not already implemented is that maybe a user needs 10 or so posts before they can post to the deals thread. A msg could be sent if the user tries to post saying "cag welcomes your post however do to the abuse of spam etc, that users need ___ before they can post to the deals thread" or something along those lines. --this could help reduce the spam.

[quote name='organicow']someone out there is feverishly typing a long response to that .

its not me.[/quote]

hah :lol:

I forgot to add, that this is not segregation, just a place (I hope) where people would behave themselves and feel comfortable in discussion whatever without a flamewar starting.

Segregation deals with discrimination based on race, class, or ethnicity.

This would be more like someone doing well in school and joining the honor society.

Or someone showing they have a good gpa and meet the requirements to get into a university. As well as obeying the code of conduct for that school.

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='organicow']someone out there is feverishly typing a long response to that .

its not me.[/quote]

I forgot to add, that this is not segregation, just a place (I hope) where people would behave themselves and feel comfortable in discussion whatever without a flamewar starting.

This would be more like someone doing well in school and joining the honor society.

Or someone showing they have a good gpa and can get into a university.[/quote]

Uh, which regular posters here do you consider above hijinks such as flamewars?

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='organicow']someone out there is feverishly typing a long response to that .

its not me.[/quote]

Or someone showing they have a good gpa and can get into a university.[/quote]

That's what I thought about the gpa/honor roll thing. Exactly what I thought. But obviously it just won't hold up. Somebody is just going to find it offensive even though it wasn't ment that way. I guess the OTTs are one of the last safe haven's at the moment without flames/wars

it seems rather silly to create a safe haven environment (if such a thing is even really possible on the internet no matter how tight the guestlist) if only because it is a backwards thinking solution. There is a minority of people on this board who are just poor at posting. I'd rather those people be dealt with (warned/banned/posts deleted) than others jump onto some noah's ark and sail to a high quality posting land.

Every board struggles with its donkeys, running is a short term solution

Great idea. The people that have the biggest problems on here would be the ones going to these boards. Leave the regular boards for people that actually don't care about post counts or join dates.

not to continue to distrub the board, but as a newbie I have seen the collective voice that this site has. Look how many members it has with a fairly common goal. A voice that could change things in an industry that is going to very soon get even larger.

Think of the influence the entertainment industry has, the gaming industry has surpased their power in sales. Content is the next to suffer as all we will see is more sequels and less creative story lines to include the masses.

Keep your voice strong, have a place to yourselves. I just hope we can all benefit from what this group comes up with.

[quote name='Scrubking']If inclusion into this exclusive board is not automatic it will be a disaster with a surge of threads flaming people for not letting them in or threads begging people to be let in.[/quote]

[quote name='Gamedude']If all this is true, then I'll never buy another thing through the CAG links again. shaq-fu this elistism bs. I hope this site gets hacked again.[/quote]

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Scrubking']If inclusion into this exclusive board is not automatic it will be a disaster with a surge of threads flaming people for not letting them in or threads begging people to be let in.[/quote]

[quote name='Gamedude']If all this is true, then I'll never buy another thing through the CAG links again. shaq-fu this elistism bs. I hope this site gets hacked again.[/quote][/quote]

Gameplay is important but so is what you see and what its about. Its all part of the same package. The graphics enchance your ability to interact with your environment, hence enhancing the gameplay.

The story line creates the world for you to interact with. This is the context for the gameplay. If the game play suffers the game sucks. But great game play with terrible graphics and story line bring a 10 down to a 7.

My 2 cents

This is a horrible Idea

Your taking all the responsible good Cags and putting them in their own place.

Leaving the shitheads (where everyone starts) To turnthe lower boards into hell

This....will piss off new cag members who are actually decent people

[quote name='spyhunterk19']My 2 cents

This is a horrible Idea

Your taking all the responsible good Cags and putting them in their own place.

Leaving the shitheads (where everyone starts) To turnthe lower boards into hell

This....will piss off new cag members who are actually decent people[/quote]

If this does not seem like a good option...what do other big boards do help this situation? Or are there any other suggestions?

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Scrubking']If inclusion into this exclusive board is not automatic it will be a disaster with a surge of threads flaming people for not letting them in or threads begging people to be let in.[/quote]

[quote name='Gamedude']If all this is true, then I'll never buy another thing through the CAG links again. shaq-fu this elistism bs. I hope this site gets hacked again.[/quote][/quote]

Yaeh, I'm going to have to side with you on this one. YOu were right. I thought it might help the situation but some people just get offended for nothing. My understanding of how it would be would be some what like the honor roll system or if you have good behavioiur.

You know, for all the naysayers, I'd like to hear some productive ways to deal with the underlying issue...
the erosion of confidence in the boards by the the majority of the elder users who helped define the format.

From the path it's on, its obvious that if left alone that CAG will change to something most people don't want.

If allowing a private social board to help keep the people who help maintain the attitude and atmosphere that people at CAG want to maintain won't work, what will?

It's easy to pick things apart... it's much harder to find answers.

Yes, seperating good users from the rest would have a somewhat chilling effect on the boards.
Losing them would have an even greater effect.

So, if creating a private board won't work, what will?
Please, someone, anyone... offer some alternatives instead of just pissing on the already suggested idea.

[quote name='diggityjones'][quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Scrubking']If inclusion into this exclusive board is not automatic it will be a disaster with a surge of threads flaming people for not letting them in or threads begging people to be let in.[/quote]

Gameplay is important but so is what you see and what its about. Its all part of the same package. The graphics enchance your ability to interact with your environment, hence enhancing the gameplay.

The story line creates the world for you to interact with. This is the context for the gameplay. If the game play suffers the game sucks. But great game play with terrible graphics and story line bring a 10 down to a 7.[/quote]

No offense, but where'd that come from? It sounds like an interesting discussion.

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, for all the naysayers, I'd like to hear some productive ways to deal with the underlying issue...
the erosion of confidence in the boards by the the majority of the elder users who helped define the format.

From the path it's on, its obvious that if left alone that CAG will change to something most people don't want.

If allowing a private social board to help keep the people who help maintain the attitude and atmosphere that people at CAG want to maintain won't work, what will?

Yes, seperating good users from the rest would have a somewhat chilling effect on the boards.

Please, someone, anyone... offer some alternatives instead of just pissing on the already suggested idea.[/quote]

That's a good question and I have thought about it a lot but I truthfully don't know. What do other big boards is one thought that I came up with. Maybe we could try to emulate their formula. I thought that the new usergroup/forum thing would be great but even a user who I thought was pretty good felt offended by it and ended up creating another whole topic.

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, for all the naysayers, I'd like to hear some productive ways to deal with the underlying issue...

Please, someone, anyone... offer some alternatives instead of just pissing on the already suggested idea.[/quote]

Question: what problem needs to be addressed? What "erosion of confidence" is there that's such a plague and how will it be solved by a seperate popularity contest forum?

Personally, I think that the private board may be the best choice here. Easy for defender or Cheapy to implement, and it would be a definite respite from the idiocy that seems to overtake the rest of the boards at times.

From my experiences, the best boards are smaller and more exclusive by nature. I don't go to GameFAQs anymore, but I do frequent a spinoff that is used by the intelligent members (and former members) of Current Events. The board is much slower, but it's a much better environment. It's easier to get to know people there, and the mods have the power to delete or ban for stupidity.

CAG used to be like that. It's probably an inevitable part of growing, but it's lost that feeling. It's not a small, friendly board anymore. It can't be.

Yes, people have been upset by the idea of creating a special board. Yes, it may not be fair to the newer users who contribute and are assets to the site. Still...If the forum is created, posting in it wouldn't be required. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that.

People have been complaining about segregation of users. So what? The post counting and date registered already do that. In fact, they make it even easier to tell who's new to the site or who hasn't been contributing very often. They can lead to misleading conclusions, but I don't think that there's anyone here who can say that they never look at the post counts or registration dates.

The OTT was (and is) essentially a precursor to what a special forum would be like. Most of the people who post there have been on the site for some time, and it's a very relaxed and friendly topic...kind of like the entire site was before it began its growth. There's no guarantee that the new board would be like that, but I've got a feeling that it could be.

A new board may not be the answer, and I really don't expect to see it happen going from today's events. I'm not sure what else would work, though. Appointing more mods to eliminate some of the nastiness? Some kind of punishment for misbehaving, something that's not as severe as banning? Something else entirely?

Unfortunately, there might not be a way to stop this erosion in confidence. We may lose more posters like Dave or PDS. All that I know is that if we don't do something soon, things will continue to get worse, and that's the last thing we want to see happen.

I've probably voiced some of these sentiments before; I apologize if I've repeated myself.

[quote name='not paying attention']So, if creating a private board won't work, what will?

[quote name='scrubking']If you want this place to stop resembling Gamefaq we need to enforce the enviornment that we want by discouraging stupid shit like post threads, fanboy threads, avatar threads, sig threads, etc. If we got on these people just like we do with the ones who post shady deals CAG would be a better place.[/quote]

Let me also add "official threads" and "I'm done" threads to my list.

That's a good question and I have thought about it a lot but I truthfully don't know.

That is the problem here. There are no easy answers.
Sure, a bombastic tirade about elitism is may be good for an interesting read, or may curry you some favor with people of that viewpoint, it's not all that productive.

It's obvious some people don't like the idea of a private board based on merit. They've made that point clear...
but few if any have suggested any other action.

While people suggesting a private board may or may not be on the right path, they're trying to do something... trying to make the board better.
Some people may feel they are doing the same thing when warning of elitism and impropriety... but if they don't suggest anything after that, its rather pointless to ramble on about it.

What do other big boards is one thought that I came up with. Maybe we could try to emulate their formula.

They aren't very proactive... they throw more mods at it, and hope it goes away. If you're trying to foster a certain environment, that doesn't work... of course, most of them are corporate behemoths and for profit endeavors. They need the eyes looking at the page for advertising revenue, so unless someone goes WAY over the line, they really don't care all that much.
I doubt that is the way CheapyD wants it. Considering he's be involved in some of the discussion, I have a feeling he will be more proactive that most of the people running larger boards.

I thought that the new usergroup/forum thing would be great but even a user who I thought was pretty good felt offended by it and ended up creating another whole topic.

I actually think that means that they aren't as good a user as you thought they were. They care more about themselves that for the good of the board. I think a couple new usergroups is a good idea... even if I wasn't involved in them. In fact, if CheapyD or Defender opened one of the boards, I wasn't expecting to be offered membership in it. There are many others that are more beneficial to the site than I, and many of them are more deserving of a private little place to keep themselves happy... as it applies to the social aspect of the boards.

Deals still make the board go 'round, but social boards are becoming much, much more important to the board and the growing userbase.
It's also where many of the culture clashes are occuring.

One of the few other ideas I've seen bandied about was Defender stating that Off topic needs to be followed more closely and acted on more quickly. This is a great idea.
However, I'm not sure exactly how they would go about it, be it having a tougher TOS be created that people must agree to, or the addition of extra mods. This is an issue for CheapyD, Defender and the mods to deal with though, and I'm not about to overstep my bounds and tell them what they should do, as the onus and culpability is not on me, but them.
Its easy to say what should be done when you have no responsibility for what happens afterwards.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JSweeney']You know, for all the naysayers, I'd like to hear some productive ways to deal with the underlying issue...

Question: what problem needs to be addressed? What "erosion of confidence" is there that's such a plague and how will it be solved by a seperate popularity contest forum?[/quote]

The erosion of confidence in the board and the general disenfranchisement and malaise being seen in many of the long term posters that helped shape the environment that exists on the boards.

There's been a recent jump in the number of long term users that are posting about quitting and just being "fed up".
I've gotten PMs from other users telling me about how they're posting less (and for many of them, that's a great shame) because they feel like they're being made into pariahs, either so some newbie can "make his bones" by attacking a long-timer, or just because some people are pissy from an earlier thread where they had an unfortunate disagreement.

[quote name='JSweeney']Its easy to say what should be done when you have no responsibility for what happens afterwards.[/quote]

Don't we? CheapyD and defender have been good with listening to the userbase so far; I can think of several occasions where a suggestion that I made was acted on by one of them. What's to say that one of the ideas offered here or in another thread won't be adopted?

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='not paying attention']So, if creating a private board won't work, what will?

[quote name='scrubking']If you want this place to stop resembling Gamefaq we need to enforce the enviornment that we want by discouraging stupid shit like post threads, fanboy threads, avatar threads, sig threads, etc. If we got on these people just like we do with the ones who post shady deals CAG would be a better place.[/quote]

Let me also add "official threads" and "I'm done" threads to my list.[/quote]

At the moment, Scrubking, the tone isn't helping.
While you have good points, you're point of view has already been expressed, and if I may say so, better and more diplomatically by defender.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='JSweeney']Its easy to say what should be done when you have no responsibility for what happens afterwards.[/quote]

Don't we? CheapyD and defender have been good with listening to the userbase so far; I can think of several occasions where a suggestion that I made was acted on by one of them. What's to say that one of the ideas offered here or in another thread won't be adopted?[/quote]

Gothic, while suggestions are great, and CheapyD and the others have been very receptive to the whims of the userbase, the userbase doesn't have to deal with the fallout of these changes as profoundly as the site's leadership do, be it having to firefight a torent of flame threads bothered by the recent change, recoding the site, altering the database, or just wade through a TON of PMs in regards to the change.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JSweeney']You know, for all the naysayers, I'd like to hear some productive ways to deal with the underlying issue...

Question: what problem needs to be addressed? What "erosion of confidence" is there that's such a plague and how will it be solved by a seperate popularity contest forum?[/quote]

The erosion of confidence in the board and the general disenfranchisement and malaise being seen in many of the long term posters that helped shape the environment that exists on the boards.

There's been a recent jump in the number of long term users that are posting about quitting and just being "fed up".
I've gotten PMs from other users telling me about how they're posting less (and for many of them, that's a great shame) because they feel like they're being made into pariahs, either so some newbie can "make his bones" by attacking a long-timer, or just because some people are pissy from an earlier thread where they had an unfortunate agreement.[/quote]

You know what might solve their problems? Growing the f.uck up. If you can't take some 13 year old shit bitching you out on a messageboard with a grain of salt, get off the internet. If you're so serious about all this that you carry a grudge more than a page in a topic, get off the internet. This whole idea is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. If people want to leave because no one is bowing down to their post count or registration date, let them. Creating a seperate forum is going to do no good, becuase, you know what, Sweeney? A large portion of the retardation on these boards comes straight from "established members." What's the point of having another board full of useless topics and flame wars when we already have two dedicated strictly to those pursuits?

[quote name='jmcc']This whole idea is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.[/quote]

If one person sees the problem as being real, it exists in some capacity. Since there's a large number of people on the site who seem to see this problem, I'd be willing to say that it's a real one, regardless of how you feel about it.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='jmcc']This whole idea is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.[/quote]

If one person sees the problem as being real, it exists in some capacity. Since there's a large number of people on the site who seem to see this problem, I'd be willing to say that it's a real one, regardless of how you feel about it.[/quote]

Really? A large number of people? Because I've heard only a very select group complaining about it. Are the rest of them waiting to ambush everyone with a big show of support for this?

The reality is that mods will not be able to stop the craziness unless 2 things happen.

1. A ton more mods are adopted

2. Cheapy decides to not have an open forum anymore and starts coming down hard on the slightest of offenses

Now none of those things are likely to happen. As I understand it Cheapy has always wanted an open forum where you don't have to worry about getting modded or banned, and although mods as of late have been doing a better job they can't be everywhere all of the time.

The ONLY way to keep CAG from turning into a gamefaq clone and keeping an open forum is for the CAGers to police themselves. If we want a decent community then WE have to keep it that way by discouraging all the crap that has been going on.

In the past when someone posted a shady deal they got flamed to hell and told not to do it anymore by many CAGers, and guess what? They didn't post shady deals anymore. If the same happens for "offical" threads or "I'm done" threads I guarantee you that they will decrease quickly.

Cheapy and the mods can only do so much. If WE want people to stop their gamefaq behavior WE have to band together and STOP TOLERATING IT whenever it happens, and let the offenders know that their shit won't be tolerated here.

But if CAGers, many of them veterans, continue to contribute to the gamefaq behavior don't expect things to change.

You know what might solve their problems? Growing the f.uck up. If you can't take some 13 year old shit bitching you out on a messageboard with a grain of salt, get off the internet.

If that's your viewpoint, fine.
But I do find it to be a loss if a board loses a good poster who can communicate themselves well and offers some good, thought provoking posts every now and then. Good posters aren't going to just sit around in a festering hellhole of preteen arguments for that long, no matter how compelling some of the other content is.

I for one don't like the idea of having mightyslacker getting fed up and leaving. He and epobirs are two of the geninuenly most intellegent and most interesting to read posters on the board. They offer something that many other posters don't and I do consider it a great loss to lose one of them due to an apparent rise in pointless bickering.

If you're so serious about all this that you carry a grudge more than a page in a topic, get off the internet. This whole idea is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Actually, I think the problem does exist. The thing is, is that I really don't think there is a good, quick or easy solution to it, if there is one at all.

If people want to leave because no one is bowing down to their post count or registration date, let them. Creating a seperate forum is going to do no good, becuase, you know what, Sweeney? A large portion of the retardation on these boards comes straight from "established members."

That's true. And that's exactly why the only suggestion of the board I liked was the one CheapyD put forth... one that the membership was selected purely on merit. It's like a carrot to keep the good posters around, as it offers a refuge from the normal boards, which some of them (per the PMs and threads I've read) need, lest they disappear from the site, which would be a loss. As I've said before, I don't think I'd even deserve to be in such a group should they create one, as I'm just as guilty of creating as many problems as I've helped solve.

What's the point of having another board full of useless topics and flame wars when we already have two dedicated strictly to those pursuits?

It helps keep a certain level of poster that it's good for the health of the community to have, yet would lose intrest in the boards otherwise if forced to deal with the normal flaming and such that occurs on the boards.

Are some of these people oversensitive? Perhaps.
Would it be damaging for the board to lose them? I believe so.

I'll just through this out for ya sweeney but maybe a custom rank for you would be 'Mr. Expository Retort' (meant as a compliment) man your replies are thorough!

[quote name='JSweeney']You know what might solve their problems? Growing the f.uck up. If you can't take some 13 year old shit bitching you out on a messageboard with a grain of salt, get off the internet.

If that's your viewpoint, fine.
But I do find it to be a loss if a board loses a good poster who can communicate themselves well and offers some good, thought provoking posts every now and then. Good posters aren't going to just sit around in a festering hellhole of preteen arguments for that long, no matter how compelling some of the other content is.

I for one don't like the idea of having mightyslacker getting fed up and leaving. He and epobirs are two of the geninuenly most intellegent and most interesting to read posters on the board. They offer something that many other posters don't and I do consider it a great loss to lose one of them due to an apparent rise in pointless bickering.

If you're so serious about all this that you carry a grudge more than a page in a topic, get off the internet. This whole idea is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Actually, I think the problem does exist. The thing is, is that I really don't think there is a good, quick or easy solution to it, if there is one at all.

If people want to leave because no one is bowing down to their post count or registration date, let them. Creating a seperate forum is going to do no good, becuase, you know what, Sweeney? A large portion of the retardation on these boards comes straight from "established members."

That's true. And that's exactly why the only suggestion of the board I liked was the one CheapyD put forth... one that the membership was selected purely on merit. It's like a carrot to keep the good posters around, as it offers a refuge from the normal boards, which some of them (per the PMs and threads I've read) need, lest they disappear from the site, which would be a loss. As I've said before, I don't think I'd even deserve to be in such a group should they create one, as I'm just as guilty of creating as many problems as I've helped solve.

What's the point of having another board full of useless topics and flame wars when we already have two dedicated strictly to those pursuits?

It helps keep a certain level of poster that it's good for the health of the community to have, yet would lose intrest in the boards otherwise if forced to deal with the normal flaming and such that occurs on the boards.

Are some of these people oversensitive? Perhaps.
Would it be damaging for the board to lose them? I believe so.[/quote]

The reality is that mods will not be able to stop the craziness unless 2 things happen.

1. A ton more mods are adopted

2. Cheapy decides to not have an open forum anymore and starts coming down hard on the slightest of offenses

I agree.

Now none of those things are likely to happen. As I understand it Cheapy has always wanted an open forum where you don't have to worry about getting modded or banned, and although mods as of late have been doing a better job they can't be everywhere all of the time.

Again, I agree completely.

The ONLY way to keep CAG from turning into a gamefaq clone and keeping an open forum is for the CAGers to police themselves. If we want a decent community then WE have to keep it that way by discouraging all the crap that has been going on.

In the past when someone posted a shady deal they got flamed to hell and told not to do it anymore by many CAGers, and guess what? They didn't post shady deals anymore. If the same happens for "offical" threads or "I'm done" threads I guarantee you that they will decrease quickly.

While I agree in theory,
I'm not quite sure how well this may work, I've become a hated man in many circles for doing that, Scrubking. Plus, it's very hard to put the genie back in the bottle once you've released it.

Cheapy and the mods can only do so much. If WE want people to stop their gamefaq behavior WE have to band together and STOP TOLERATING IT whenever it happens, and let the offenders know that their shit won't be tolerated here.

That could either turn out very well or very poorly. As you've seen on the boards before, there are people that will step over the line, and if they think they're in the right because of a standing policy like this, it makes it much, much harder to get them to back down.

But if CAGers, many of them veterans, continue to contribute to the gamefaq behavior don't expect things to change.

Again, that is very true.

JSweeney I must comment on your posts. They are excellent to read and thought provoking. Keep up the good work. Very good. I applaud you.

[quote name='evilmojo12542']how does one decide a "established regular"?[/quote]

You don't. It's entirely subjective...which could be part of the problem.

I think we can all agree that there is no 1 answer. It will take a combination of efforts and changes. I have some ideas and as soon as CheapyD comes back I will be pushy about a few of them.

Personally I think part of it is simple idleness. We have little to do currently at the site besides bicker. I will be adding a forums arcade and a points system. Other changes may come to. Sometimes people just don't have anything better to do than post crap.

I think more policing and moderation would be helpful but I have always felt the rules are not clear not only to the members but also to the moderators. It is not always clear if the mods should take action or not.

We shall see but expect a few changes this week.

[quote name='defender']I think we can all agree that there is no 1 answer. It will take a combination of efforts and changes. I have some ideas and as soon as CheapyD comes back I will be pushy about a few of them.

Personally I think part of it is simple idleness. We have little to do currently at the site besides bicker. I will be adding a forums arcade and a points system. Other changes may come to. Sometimes people just don't have anything better to do than post crap.

I think more policing and moderation would be helpful but I have always felt the rules are not clear not only to the members but also to the moderators. It is not always clear if the mods should take action or not.

We shall see but expect a few changes this week.[/quote]

I think idleness is a great point to consider. I doubt this issue would have blown up as huge as it has had it not happened during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, where more people will likely be spending more time coming to the site (between social posting and checking on BF deals)

Sounds pretty good to me. The most successful groups I've belonged to have some sort of moderating to keep out the whiners and flamers.

Heh, what a discussion this all stirred up. What I find really funny is all the people ASSUMING it would happen, and threating to leave if it does. It was just a suggestion...a suggestion for discussion in fact. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it publicly, I would've just PMd it to the bossman and left it at that.

I'm happy a lot of the discussion was constructive though. It's good to see some of the differing viewpoints and the different variables no one person can think of when it comes to the logistics of something like this.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='defender']I will be adding a forums arcade and a points system.[/quote]

?[/quote]
Im also confused by this. What exactly are these things Defender?

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='defender']I will be adding a forums arcade and a points system.[/quote]

?[/quote]
Im also confused by this. What exactly are these things Defender?[/quote]

Code extentions and packages that can be added to the standard PHP board frameworks. If you look around the internet, you can see other boards with these options added in.
I'm guessing thanks to the newer servers, defender is able to add some of these in.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='defender']I will be adding a forums arcade and a points system.[/quote]

?[/quote]
Im also confused by this. What exactly are these things Defender?[/quote]

Code extentions and packages that can be added to the standard PHP board frameworks. If you look around the internet, you can see other boards with these options added in.
I'm guessing thanks to the newer servers, defender is able to add some of these in.[/quote]

so sweets for the sweet?

and the same old nuts for the rest of us. :D

bread's done
Back