Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
Become bestfriends with your BestBuy gaming department manager who will price match regardless. Other than that, the chaos at wal mart is NOT worth it.

[quote name='gordojones88']Is this really a good idea at Walmart on Black Friday?

8166275787_b1522c193c.jpg
[/QUOTE]
homer-shotgun.gif

DEALS! Get your deals!

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Become bestfriends with your BestBuy gaming department manager who will price match regardless. Other than that, the chaos at wal mart is NOT worth it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work, last year price matching was actually locked out of the POS systems. My hook up tried and tried but nothing would let him, so we had to manually adjust the price without scanning the item.

will any of these be online? eh, hopefully amazon matches some of the sexier ones(red dead goty for $15 would be very nice)

How awesome would it be if best buy or walmart added the wii u on BF as like a sale for the first 10 people. I would definately line up around 3 PM for that

Wow, looks like I will be trying not to get killed at Wal-Mart this year

$25 Games
NBA2k13
Dishonored
Borderlands 2
Need For Speed Most Wanted
WWE 13
Little Big Planet Karting
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

$15 Games
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Grand Theft Auto (something, can't tell).

[quote name='bzchanboy']Doesn't work, last year price matching was actually locked out of the POS systems. My hook up tried and tried but nothing would let him, so we had to manually adjust the price without scanning the item.[/QUOTE]

So he eventually got the price you were wanting to work then right? But itd obviously be if you were close enough to the employee to go through this process, which I think mine will be.

[quote name='angelfly']The madness that is walmart on BF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6tBxZZ6K0M[/QUOTE]

That's a damn shame. The only game I bought on Black Friday was Yakuza 4. I strolled into Wal-Mart a day or two after the madness and found one lonely copy in the gaming department. I was a happy camper because that was the only title I wanted. I wanted Dance Central 2 but I didn't have enough space at the time.

Isn't it about time that someone makes a Black Friday video game?

Running With Scissors, where are you???

I'll even start you off: the title will be Friday Bloody Friday. You're a middle-aged man who gets wrongfully accused of shoplifting and within seconds it escalates to getting knocked out cold on the floor by a security guard.

What follows is a 6 hour nightmare of pregnant women being trampled, riots, accidental urination, the visible stench of breakfast burrito farts, and rampant hordes of "take my money now!" until you find the hunting section at Maul-Wart...

Here are a few more you can add to the $15 section:

Borderlands GOTY
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Killzone 3
Uncharted 3

And some for the $25 section:

Twisted Metal
NCAA Football 13
007 Legends

Sorry if someone else mentioned these already.

I really want NBA 2k13, Dishonored and Skyrim but the hell with going to wal-mart on black friday, did it last year and was a huge waste of time.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I wonder how they will have things set up. Hopefully getting there at 7pm will be early enough to get the games I want.[/QUOTE]

Usually there are like 2 or 3 copies each in a cardboard stand in the most random and unusual place in the store and its quickly ripped apart and destroyed in seconds

One year I watched as kids litterally swam through the wreckage snagging every straggler game they could find

This is all happening in a crowd of thousands packed like sardines throughout the whole store and parking lot

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Usually there are like 2 or 3 copies each in a cardboard stand in the most random and unusual place in the store and its quickly ripped apart and destroyed in seconds

One year I watched as kids litterally swam through the wreckage snagging every straggler game they could find

This is all happening in a crowd of thousands packed like sardines throughout the whole store and parking lot[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine there are very few cities that are THAT bad. I have had trouble getting games before but those youtube vids are not the norm.

I am always able to get what I want with zero issue but I live in a smaller area thankfully. I wouldnt bother if people acted like those animals in that video where I live

[quote name='foxycleo']Deals on games are "in store only" I'm not even bothering, don't feel like standing in a stampede animal pack at 6 am[/QUOTE]

Is this definitely the case? I know Best Buy, Gamestop and Target's sales usually are available online as well, they go fast but I remember last year I got a bunch of stuff from BB and GS without having to step foot in the stores.

Last year I just strolled in after everyone that lined up, found tons of everything I wanted. I actually went back that night before close to change to the Batman arkham asylum/city dual pack and they still had good stock. My Best Buy was the crazy one.

I gotta find out when MA wal marts open though they decided halfway through Thanksgiving it was illegal for the Black Friday deals to start on Thanksgiving.

God, i really hope Amazon has very similar deals, I really want to avoid Walmart but they have 5 games in the $25 category that i want/been waiting to get. C'mon Amazon...

Hmmmm borderlands 2 for $25 huh, better trade/sell my copy before it tanks

Pretty good prices on lots of games and I'll pick up an DSi XL probably

yeah wonder how its gonna work for 8pm Thursday will they be open all day and unwrap the displays at 8pm or the mess that was last year at my walmart where for some reason around 3pm the black friday stuff was either unwrapped or ripped open and people grabbed all the good stuff and waited around until midnight to pay. I got there at 8 and everything good was gone. But before that been able to get all the games I've wanted

Yep last year my sis couldn't find anything, all the good stuff were out. It's going to be crazy. Man I hope these will be price matched online anywhere. People should give Amazon this ad ha. No really.

Again, like Best Buy's ad, there's nothing that really stands out for me from Wal-Mart this year :( I'm a bit tempted by Pokemon White/Black 2 for $30, but I'm hoping for Amazon to price-match so I won't have to pay tax :p

[quote name='JoePianist']Again, like Best Buy's ad, there's nothing that really stands out from Wal-Mart this year :( I'm a bit tempted by Pokemon White/Black 2 for $30, but I'm hoping for Amazon to price-match so I won't have to pay tax :p[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? This is one of the best BF ads I've seen in a while.

So it looks like I'm going to Walmart for Forza Horizon and price matching Max Payne 3 from Kmart. Every other awesome deal can be gameshared anyways.

[quote name='adonis 27']God, i really hope Amazon has very similar deals, I really want to avoid Walmart but they have 5 games in the $25 category that i want/been waiting to get. C'mon Amazon...[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to tell Amazon about these prices using their feedback system. By doing so, it will be more likely that they will match.

Here's how you tell Amazon

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In that area you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.'

[quote name='JoePianist']Again, like Best Buy's ad, there's nothing that really stands out from Wal-Mart this year :( I'm a bit tempted by Pokemon White/Black 2 for $30, but I'm hoping for Amazon to price-match so I won't have to pay tax :p[/QUOTE]

well I guess if your only system is a Nintendo handheld then yeah terrible deals

Not sure what your talking about (at least for consoles). Dishonored, xcom, borderlands 2, NFS for 25 bucks... thats, uhm, good shit. i say that and i already own all of those.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Are you kidding me? This is one of the best BF ads I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say the prices were bad---I meant there wasn't anything that stood out for me. I'm not too interested in the "good" games on sale.

Ahhhh ahhh ahhh, so many deals, brain can't hold all this cheapness so earlier, must ... find ... wallet .... oh god, I need.

Edit:

Now that I've calmed down, I do recall when I went to Walmart two years ago, there was a riot ... and that was in the suburbs. The police came, I almost got stabbed ... but $25 buck games is way too tempting. I really need to think this one through.

Some really good prices, however the last 2 years I went to Walmart there were giant mobs destroying stuff and grabbing whatever they could so I always end up with nothing and other people always end up getting hurt. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back