Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC[/quote]

Grab me one as well if you have the cash. I will gladly repay you at the meetup. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MadFlava']Has anyone seen a store carrying a new 60gb PS3 in the DC area?[/QUOTE]

Friend of mine picked up one from the Sony Style store in Pentagon City I think. He said that if you call up one of the stores they'll look around to find one from another store and have it shipped to their store so you can pick it up.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Check and Check. I'll head on over there again either tomorrow if I can. Anybody else want one?

MjC[/QUOTE]

I'll be at the meet and will gladly pay you for it.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC[/QUOTE]

I am in for one too, assuming supplies last.

As for the meet up, count me in. After all, Delaware has to be represented :)

The 4th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Rockville Target had
Tony Hawk Proving Ground LE 360 $14.75
All Pro Football 2K8 PS3 $7.48
The Bigs PS3 $14.98
Stuntman Ignition 360 $14.98

My New Years Resolution was less hoarding, so I only bought one of each.

Mission successful! I picked up 6 copies of Tony Hawk. So:

GenDV138
Lurknomore
thebob101
BigBen
dwhelan

are getting one, and there's still one left for anyone who wants it. Also, I picked up 1 copy of Stuntman Ignition 360 for $15 and 1 copy of Alien Syndrome PSP for $10. Both are up for grabs. Let me know!

MjC

[quote name='BigBen']Friend of mine picked up one from the Sony Style store in Pentagon City I think. He said that if you call up one of the stores they'll look around to find one from another store and have it shipped to their store so you can pick it up.[/quote]

Just called and they are now out of stock. I wonder if you can even find a new one in the country anymore.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Mission successful! I picked up 6 copies of Tony Hawk. So:

GenDV138
Lurknomore
thebob101
BigBen
dwhelan

are getting one, and there's still one left for anyone who wants it. Also, I picked up 1 copy of Stuntman Ignition 360 for $15 and 1 copy of Alien Syndrome PSP for $10. Both are up for grabs. Let me know!

MjC[/QUOTE]

Massive props - this was a very kind thing to do. :)
Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']Massive props - this was a very kind thing to do. :)
Take Care,
Matthew[/QUOTE]

Thanks Matthew! I still have the one copy of Tony Hawk available (along with Alien Syndrome PSP). If you want it, I'll hold it for you whether you come to the meetup or not. LMK!

MjC

Thanks for picking up all of the THPGs for us, MCalvert! I'll definitely be at the meet-up, got everything squared away at work so I can take the day off.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Thanks Matthew! I still have the one copy of Tony Hawk available (along with Alien Syndrome PSP). If you want it, I'll hold it for you whether you come to the meetup or not. LMK!

MjC[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass on the games. I have tried the TH games before, and I stink. I end up going in circles... :)

Meeting - Probably not this time. Jan/Feb is stacked with events.

Take Care,
Matthew

Hi.

I will have to work on 1/26, and will not be able to attend. Was really looking forward to the meeting.

Target in Reston had about 5 copies of Tony Hawk Proving Ground LE (XBOX360) for $14.75. Also, I saw a copy of Persona 3(PS2) for $49.99 in Kmart on Germantown Road in Fairfax. Is this game worth picking it up at full retail price?

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan
GloveBox

Well, damn, if you guys were doing this a week later I could make it too. I'm travelling to DC for the first time in a year and half in early Feb. I should be making more frequent trips so maybe some time it will work out. My mother lives in Gaithersburg and I usually pop up there once (from N. VA) thus I would be right around where you have these things.

[quote name='io']Well, damn, if you guys were doing this a week later I could make it too. I'm travelling to DC for the first time in a year and half in early Feb. I should be making more frequent trips so maybe some time it will work out. My mother lives in Gaithersburg and I usually pop up there once (from N. VA) thus I would be right around where you have these things.[/quote]

Do you live in NoVa? If so, then you should come because it is only 20 minutes from there. We have had a great time at past meetups.

So stoked about the meetup. Anyone found any copies of Persona 3 around?

thebob1: There was a copy of Persona 3 at the Kmart near Potomac Mills as for Friday noon-time. I bought one and left one. I happend to find a complete used copy at one of the local GSes so I'm likely gonna play that one and either return/ebay the one I got from Kmart...unless you'd like to make it worth my while ;).

BTW: lurknomore, place me on a the list as a "definite maybe" for the meetup. I'm about 85% sure I'll be there, but you never know. Also, how would I know you folks as I've never met any of y'all before?

[quote name='hostyl1']thebob1: There was a copy of Persona 3 at the Kmart near Potomac Mills as for Friday noon-time. I bought one and left one. I happend to find a complete used copy at one of the local GSes so I'm likely gonna play that one and either return/ebay the one I got from Kmart...unless you'd like to make it worth my while ;).

BTW: lurknomore, place me on a the list as a "definite maybe" for the meetup. I'm about 85% sure I'll be there, but you never know. Also, how would I know you folks as I've never met any of y'all before?[/quote]

Thanks, I was up around that way on Friday. I might have to take another trip.

Anyone find Cooking Mama for the Wii for $19.99? I checked the 7 Corners and Skyline Targets and had no luck, rung up for $29.99 at both stores. Might have to check out the Fair Lakes Target tomorrow on the way to work.

[quote name='hostyl1']thebob1: There was a copy of Persona 3 at the Kmart near Potomac Mills as for Friday noon-time. I bought one and left one. I happend to find a complete used copy at one of the local GSes so I'm likely gonna play that one and either return/ebay the one I got from Kmart...unless you'd like to make it worth my while ;).

BTW: lurknomore, place me on a the list as a "definite maybe" for the meetup. I'm about 85% sure I'll be there, but you never know. Also, how would I know you folks as I've never met any of y'all before?[/quote]

I was able to pick up the other copy. In addition to Star Wars: KotOR II for $19!

I think there was a used copy of it at the GS on Worth Ave (near the Fridays) in Potomac Mills. I can also confirm that Two of the GS at Potomac Mills have Nocturne used only game not the cd.

Cooking Mama (3 Copies left) for the Wii is $19.99 at Potomac Mills Target. It rings up as $29.99 but the tag on the shelf says $19.99 so all you have to do is point that out.

****Props and Thanks to CheapyD for Front Page Love****

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan
GloveBox
hostyl1
Johnny-C
Abiggs
animallyson
geomoose
cstenger5
Big Wang

[quote name='Abiggs']I went to the last one and didn't see anybody but I'll make the trip again. Checking in from Bowie.[/QUOTE]

Sorry that we missed you the last time, but I will be getting there early...just to grab some lunch and brews, and to game on my PSP. So I'll be on the look-out, and hopefully we'll be able to square away our signature bar table on the Mall side of D&Bs.

I'll be there. As for Mom & Pop's, the closest thing I have seen, aside from the one on Rockville Pike, is Play N Trade in Olney. It's a franchise, of course, but at least it's owned by a family who lives in teh community. MUCH different culture from what you get from GS and the like.

[quote name='cstenger5']I'll be there. As for Mom & Pop's, the closest thing I have seen, aside from the one on Rockville Pike, is Play N Trade in Olney. It's a franchise, of course, but at least it's owned by a family who lives in teh community. MUCH different culture from what you get from GS and the like.[/quote]

I almost opened a PnT and spoke with the folks in Olney, MD. They were cool. I have heard that a few have closed (I think we only have a few in our area and I give credit to Lurk who informed me).

I thought Olney was the one closing up. CAG member bingbangboom is opening a PnT store somewhere fairly close to Wilmington and said he spoke to the owners of the PnT store "between Baltimore and DC" and had only been open about 5 months before deciding to give up.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I thought Olney was the one closing up. CAG member bingbangboom is opening a PnT store somewhere fairly close to Wilmington and said he spoke to the owners of the PnT store "between Baltimore and DC" and had only been open about 5 months before deciding to give up.

MjC[/quote]

Wow, I didn't know it was them. Looked like a good location, I know PnT supports their stores. I am kind of glad I didn't jump in this summer. Must be tough.

On another note, MCalvert1 how much do I owe you total for the THPG LE & Stuntman Ignition? I will bring it to the meetup this weekend.

[quote name='thebob101']Wow, I didn't know it was them. Looked like a good location, I know PnT supports their stores. I am kind of glad I didn't jump in this summer. Must be tough.

On another note, MCalvert1 how much do I owe you total for the THPG LE & Stuntman Ignition? I will bring it to the meetup this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% it was that store, and bingbangboom didn't know either. But it sounded most likely.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner with the total. I was actually just about to post it. Here's the breakdown for everyone:

Those who wanted just Tony Hawk LE:

GenDV138
lurknomore
bigben

$15.64 each including tax

Those who also wanted Stuntman Ignition:

thebob101 (PS3)
dwhelan (360)

$31.51 each including tax

I'm pretty sure I got enough gift receipts for everyone in case of any problems. Cash or check, either is fine with me.

I also still have 1 more Tony Hawk LE 360 and 1 Alien Syndrome PSP, both new and unopened from Target. Anything that doesn't sell/trade at the Meetup is going back to Target. Here's some other things I will probably bring to sell/trade:

PSP fatty, firmware 1.5 (unaltered launch system) w/ 512meg card and leather case
Harry Potter 1-4 HD-DVD unopened
Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas PS3
Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon 3 PS3
some misc cheap-o games I'm sure

EDIT: Also, I have a few shoeboxes of Magic: The Gathering cards, mostly from around 1997 (revised 3rd edition, some 4th ed, etc)
Computer games, complete and boxed. I've got Ultima 1-6 CD, Complete Ultima 7 CD, Ultima 8 CD, Wing Commander 3 (just CDs) and 4 (CD complete, and DVD in sleeve)

VHS tapes:
I've got every episode of Transformers on VHS before Beast Wars. This is the original US show & movie, and 3 Japanese exclusive series (Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory) which are dubbed into piss poor english. They're bootlegs, and not especially high quality. But it's really bizzare to see where the story went in Japan. If anyone wants these, let me know and I'll trade them all for a large draft beer at D&B.

Street Fighter 2 V (subtitled) all 10 volumes. Also happy to trade for a large draft.
Zillion 1-5 (streamline). Small draft?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I thought Olney was the one closing up. CAG member bingbangboom is opening a PnT store somewhere fairly close to Wilmington and said he spoke to the owners of the PnT store "between Baltimore and DC" and had only been open about 5 months before deciding to give up.

MjC[/QUOTE]
No, Olney PnT is going strong. I was friendly with the owner of the Germantown shop, and that place has since closed up shop. After reading about the Olney PnT, I stopped by my parent's place and I picked up a few games. They had two SMT games. Sweet score.

[quote name='lurknomore']No, Olney PnT is going strong. I was friendly with the owner of the Germantown shop, and that place has since closed up shop. After reading about the Olney PnT, I stopped by my parent's place and I picked up a few games. They had two SMT games. Sweet score.[/quote]

The one in Germantown is now another game shop, never been inside.

Here is my complete trade list. I have included my want list if anyone has anything they would like to trade me. I can bring a bunch of the stuff to the meetup. PM me so we can work out the arrangements ahead of time (it will be cold this meetup and I am not inclined to stand around the parking lot like past meetups, lol).

Want List:

:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma LE Sealed
:ps3: Uncharted- Drake's Fortune
:ps3: Unreal Tournament 3
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition

:360: Timeshift
:360: Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition

:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
:wii: Night
:wii: Wii Play w/ Wiimote
:wii: WiiMote
:wii: Nunchuck

:ps2: Persona 3 sealed with Artbook
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (will trade a couple of games for this)
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition (will trade a couple of games for this)

ps1.bmp
- Final Fantasy Tatics (non-GH)
ps1.bmp
- Castlevania Chronicles
ps1.bmp
- Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (will trade a couple of games for this)
ps1.bmp
- Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (will trade a couple of games for this)
ps1.bmp
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

Guides-

Bioshock
Call of Juarez
Vampire Rain
Stranglehold
Okami
Kingdom Hearts
Trapt
Buffy I & II

Trade/Sale List:

:hd: Hot Fuzz
:hd: Deliverance (Sealed)
:hd: Blood Diamond (Sealed)
:hd: Last Samurai (Open, Mint)
:hd: Letters from Iwo Jima(Open, Mint)
:hd: The Fugitive (Sealed)
:hd: Flags of Our Fathers(Open, Mint)
:hd: Seabiscuit (Sealed)
:hd: Tomb Raider (Sealed)

:br: Lethal Weapon (Sealed)
:br: Ocean's Thirteen (Sealed)
:br: Swordfish (Open, Mint)
:br: The Phantom of the Opera (Open, Mint)
:br: Training Day (Open, Mint)
:br: Eragon (Open, Mint)
:br: Big Fish (Open, Mint)
:br: The Great Raid (Sealed)

:ps3: Icon- Sealed
:ps3: Stranglehold Collector's Edition- Sealed
:ps3: Untold Legends Dark Kingdom- Sealed
:ps3: NBA 07- Sealed
:ps3: Full Auto 2 Battlelines- Sealed
:ps3: Enchanted Arms- Sealed

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy- Open, Mint

:psp: EA Replay- Sealed
:psp: PaRapper the Rapper- Sealed

:360: Bullet Witch- Open, MINT condition
:360: X-Men 3: The Game- Sealed
:360: Arcade Unplugged- Open, Mint
:360: Lost Planet- Sealed

:360: Xbox Live Animatrix (9 HD DVD short films based on The Matrix) code

:360: Component HD AV Cable (Original MS)- Sealed
:360: Monster Game 10 ft Component Video & Fiber Optic Audio cables- Sealed
:360: Monster Game Fiber Optic Digital Audio cables- Sealed

:ps2: Bully (Greatest Hits)- Sealed
:ps2: Dragon Quest VIII- Outer case is open, game is sealed
:ps2: Yakuza- Sealed
:ps2: Guitar Hero 2 (case & disc only, disc is pretty scratched up, but plays fine) w/ Brand New SG guitar
:ps2: Star Trek Voyager Elite Force- Open, disc has wear
:ps2: Legacy of Kain- Disc Only

:xbox: Halo Edition Original Xbox- includes two Halo controllers (one with Halo & one with Xbox logos) and all component cables

:xbox: JSRF (Jet Set Radio Future)- Open, surface scratches (does not effect game play), No manual
:xbox: Land of the Dead- Sealed
:xbox: Rainbow Six 3- Sealed
:xbox: Rogue Ops- Sealed

:xbox:Original Xbox Headset with Xbox Live storage bag- Never Used

ps1.bmp
Final Fantasy Anthology (GH)- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Resident Evil 2- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Tomb Raider III- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Apocalypse- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Small Soldiers- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Tekken 2 (GH)- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
007 Racing- Open, Mint
ps1.bmp
Croc (GH)- Open, Mint

dc1.bmp
Dreamcast- World Series Baseball 2K1- Sealed $3
__________________________________________________ ____________

:pc: Need for Speed Black- Sealed
:pc: Monster Madness- Sealed
:pc: F.E.A.R.- Open, MINT condition
:pc: The Movies- Sealed
:pc: Call of Duty + United Offensive + Guides- Sealed
:pc: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas- Sealed
:pc: Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War- Sealed
:pc: Dungeons & Dragons Online Stormreach- Sealed
:pc: Scratches- Sealed
:pc: Far Cry- Sealed
:pc: EA NBA Live 2004- Disc Only
:pc: The Hobbit- Disc Only
:pc: Enter the Matrix- Disc Only
:pc: EA NASCAR Thunder 2004- Disc Only

__________________________________________________ _________

:xbox: Army Men Sarge's War- Open, never played
:xbox: Tiger Woods 06- Open, MINT condition
:xbox: Tiger Woods 03- Open, MINT condition
:xbox: Dead to Rights (Platinum Hits)- Open, Great condition
:xbox: Goldeneye Rogue Agent- Open, Disc has some scratches & smudges
:xbox: Freedom Fighters- Used, EB purchased (no manual, disc is scratched, but plays)
:xbox: Madden 2005- Used, EB purchased (still sealed by EB)
:xbox: Full Spectrum Warrior- Disc Only (some scratches, disc plays well)

Guides-

:pc: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War- Dark Crusade
:pc: Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
:pc: Black & White 2
:pc: Battlefield Vietnam
:pc: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2
:pc: Half Life 2 (PC)
:pc: The Matrix Online
:pc: :360: Prey
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man
:360: Viva Pinata
:360: Enchanted Arms Xbox 360 (x3)
:xbox: The Sims Busting Out
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2: :xbox: Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
:pc: :xbox: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
:pc: :ps2: :360: NBA Live 07 (x2)
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: Scarface (x2)
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: Hitman: Blood Money (x2)
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: Need for Speed Carbon (map included)
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: MLB 2K7
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: NCAA Football 07
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: 50 Cent Bulletproof
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: Max Payne 2
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :360: Need for Speed Carbon
:pc: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: Need for Speed Underground 2

:dvd: Rome Seasons 1 & 2- Sealed
:dvd: Carnivale Season 2- Sealed
:dvd: Grease
:dvd: Highlander (10th Anninversary Director's Cut)
:dvd: Blade Runner (Director's Cut)- Sealed
:dvd: The Road Warrior
:dvd: Artificial Intelligence (Hollywood Video rental)
:dvd: Stargate
:dvd: Kingpin
:dvd: Good Will Hunting (Collector's Series)
:dvd: Sliding Doors
:dvd: Desperado
:dvd: Dane Cook- Vicious Circle (2-disc)
:dvd: Matrix
:dvd: Monster House- Sealed
:dvd: Black Hawk Down
:dvd: The Clearing- Blockbuster video rental
:dvd: Heavy Metal
:dvd: Doom (Unrated Extended Edition)
:dvd: Jamie Foxx, I Might Need Security
:dvd: The Natural
:dvd: Caddyshack
:dvd: White Noise
:dvd: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2-disc Special Edition)
:dvd: House of 1000 Corpses- Sealed
:dvd: Hamburger Hill
:dvd: Austin Powers, The Spy Who Shagged Me
:dvd: Austin Powers, Gold Finger
:dvd: Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery
:dvd: Saw II
:dvd: Saw III (Unrated Edition)
:dvd: 12 Monkeys
:dvd: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
:dvd: Boogeyman- Sealed
:dvd: Blood Diamond
:dvd: Reservoir Dogs (10th Anniversary Special Edition)- Sealed
:dvd: A Clockwork Orange (Stanley Kubrick Collection)
:dvd: The Omen- Sealed
:dvd: Animatrix
:dvd: Hellboy (2-disc Special Edition)
:dvd: Spiderman (Widescreen 2- disc Special Edition)
:dvd: Spiderman 2 (Full Screen 2-disc Special Edition)- Blockbuster video rental
:dvd: Ludacris, The Red Light District

Misc-

Magic The Gathering Official Encyclopedia Volume 1 & 2
10 pack DVD-R discs (CompUSA brand)- Sealed
Sony Walkman Car Ready ESP Max D-E356CK- Used, Good Condition

Here is my trade list. http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/2/199192/videogametradelist.txt

For anything not new, once you tell me what ur interested in, I'll then let you know the condition of the game disc and accompanying materials.

My Want List:

:ps3:
Uncharted
Unreal Tournament III
Folklore

:360:
Orange Box
Tomb Raider Anniversary

:pS2:
Final Fantasy X (Non GH)

PS1:
Duke Nukem: Land Of The Babes
Ghost In The Shell

:pSP:
Brave Story: New Traveler
Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness
Dragoneer's Aria

:GBA:
Yggdra Union

Dreamcast:
Skies Of Arcadia

:pC:
looking for many hentai games. If you have some to trade, let me know the titles.

:dvd:
looking for many (too many to list) different Korean and Japanese Cinema titles. Tell me what you have and I'll let you know if Im interested.

:br:
oldboy
Rush Hour 3
Good Luck Chuck
Pan's Labyrinth
Underworld: Evolution

Another CAG from Baltimore, MD. I live right near the huge White Marsh mall which means a lot of stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target are within a 10 minute walking distance.

I'm out of town for this one, too, damnit! I'll have to check out that Play 'n Trade in Olney, I didn't know it was there.

There were still a couple of Cooking Mama for Wii at the Germantown Target last night. The price isn't on the shelf, but they ring up at $19.99.

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan
GloveBox
hostyl1
Johnny-C
Abiggs
animallyson
geomoose
cstenger5
Big Wang
SourceJR
Sc4rfac3
toymachine12
The Goozex Team

[quote name='thebob101']Do you live in NoVa? If so, then you should come because it is only 20 minutes from there. We have had a great time at past meetups.

So stoked about the meetup. Anyone found any copies of Persona 3 around?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hell no - I live in OR. But I'm travelling to NoVa for work Feb 4-8. I was saying I could drive up if it were then. Oh well, I'll probably be making more frequent trips - if I know enough in advance I can stay over the weekend and try to make one of these deals. I will be up in Gaithersburg anyway, though, since that's where my mother lives and I'll be visiting her one evening. I had no idea there were so many CAGs around there. I used to get quite a bit from the CC's and Best Buy's and TRU's when I visited a few years back (made several trips in 2005). They seemed to have a much better selection of deals than around where I live. I'm not sure that's true any more though ;).

I probably won't have time to do any shopping up there but I will check out the Springfield area. I found some good stuff at the CC there during past clearances.

Hey all!
This is sort of my “Hi” thread, so, Hi! I had heard about this site sometime ago, but I really became interested recently when I bought an iPhone (for business reasons, really) and started listening to the podcast. The reason I decided to post now, and in here, is because I’m interested in the meet-up this weekend (I’m in MD). I have a few things I am looking to get ride of and maybe some of you all are interested? If so, drop a line in here. If you need more info, I can provide it later today when I get home from work. Worst comes to worst, I’ll probably trade this stuff in for credit at Gamestop. Unfortunately, I just bought everything at Christmas that I wanted to get... :)

Gamecube w/ 3 or 4 controllers, at least 2 are wireless controllers, microphone (comes with Mario Party 6 or 7) - Mario Party 6 or 7 :) Monkey Ball, and maybe one other game. I primarily used the GC for Mario Party and I never really bought much for it. It’s black. Works fine.

PS2 w/ 1 or 2 controllers - This is an odd thing, and I don’t know what to do with it. I have a mod chipped PS2 from the middle east. This means it is PAL, not NTSC, but it will play anything. In reality, it’s both. If you put an NTSC game in, the output is NTSC. If you put PAL in, it’s PAL. I think if you play in HD with an HD (component) cable, neither matters. Also, it has a broken DVD drive (It’s the damn tray!!). These drives are replaceable and you can pick up the part online. Why would anyone want this junk? Well, I’ve got at least 100 games for it, and it could be as many as 300 (there all in a massive flip folder). Some are RPGs you won’t find in the States, others are the usual games you can get anywhere (Armored Core, BMX XXX, etc). It’s quite a variety, but they’ll only play on this unit (or another modded one, I suppose). If someone doesn’t want this, I’m throwing it (and everything it has) away.

Xbox - 3 or 4 controllers, at least 2 are wireless controllers (I see a pattern), and several games but I’ll have to give a list from home. I know Halo is one of them. Plus a flip book with the games in it (I got into CD flip books for storage and tossed a lot of cases away... doh!) HD hook-up cable. Works fine.

Just reply here if there’s any interest in these older systems. I’ll probably bring some 360 games to trade about as well.

Hey guys, my band, The Vicious Martinis, is playing tonight at TT Reynolds in Fairfax, VA (10414 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22030). We are going on around 9 pm. We will be raffling off an iPod shuffle tonight as well. There should be lots of folks there. Oh, it is an 21+ show (sorry to you younger folk).

Hope to see some of you there tonight.

bread's done
Back