Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='abhinav']How much was it?[/quote]

Sorry it is the "normal" used price of GS at $39.99 but it looks like it was sold. Also they still have the game only copy of Digital Devil Saga 2....

[quote name='Evander']If anyone has any interest, I have a Limited Halo Edition translucent green OXbox lying around. I have no use for it, but Gamestop doesn't give anything extra for limited edition systems, so I'm loathe to just take $20 store credit for it. It's in good condition, as is the limited edition controller that came with it (almost never used, since I prefer the Duke.) I'm in Silver Spring, MD, and basically willing to entertain pretty much any offer; cash or trade.

And just in case you are interested, but worried because of how recently I signed up here, shoot me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to show you my Ebay feedback, and/or provide refferences.

Edit: While I'm at it; if anyone is interested in a copy of Rush Hour 3 on Bluray, I'm looking to get rid of one. Just don't ask me why I have it in the first place (it is a long and boring story.)[/quote]

How much are you looking for the system? I could always use one more cheap DVD player...

Saw some games at the Wheaton BB on clearance. I picked up Elder Scrolls SI for $15 and Star Trek Conquest for $7.50. It was a bunch of yellow sticker games. Dead or Alive Extreme (360), The Bigs (ps3), MLB 2K7 (ps3) and a bunch of Wii games. All ranged in price from $15 to $30 (50% off yellow sticker price).

I picked up Folklore for $29.98 today at the one in Ellicot City, MD and they had at least 3 copies left. If anyone wants one let me know and we can work something out.

Thanks to everyone who had me pick up copies of Tony Hawk from Target, I was able to earn a 10% off discount with my Red Card. So I started thinking about what I would use it on. They only give you about 3-4 weeks to use it before it expires, and time is running out. So I see the deal of a $40 gift card for a 40 GB PS3. I figure the deal is alright enough, and now that the HDM war is decided, I could use another Bluray player. $382.49 after tax, plus a $40 Target GC. So I buy the thing, and before I even get to the car, I've got buyer's remorse. I don't need this thing. I was going to return it, but thought I'd offer it up to anyone here first. If you're interested, or know someone who is, make me an offer. I'm thinking either what I paid for the system and gift card, or $350 for just the system. Gift receipt included either way. But get back to me soon, I don't want to hold on to this thing for long.

Also, the Towson Target had Folklore for $30, but it had a magic marker line through the barcode and a price sticker that said "AS IS" on it. Original seal was not broken. I'd never seen this tag before. But a few other clearance items had this same sticker as well.

MjC

Anyone find Guild Wars Eye of the North expansion locally?

Germantown Target didn't have any. They did have Folklore PS3 for $29.99. CSR checked other Targets for me locally and none had GW: EotN.

Anyone seen any new drops at the local Targets? Last I checked, everything was still the same.

Timeshift, Tabula Rasa, etc.- $12.48
Folklore- $30
etc.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Timeshift is $12.48? for PC or console? if it's 360 or PS3, i'd like to go look.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If this is the 360 version, I'm there. PC, not so much.

MjC

Just a heads up to you guys, The new mall in Columbia Heights called DC USA will be opening in about a week. Actually, Target is the only store that will open first on March 8 and Best Buy opens March 27.

I came across a Halo 3 Covenant controller at Target tonight for $7.48! Amazing deal, but I just don't need it. I figure it would fetch around $30 or so on eBay. I'd love to trade it for something. Any interest?

Edit: It's spoken for. Thanks!

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I came across a Halo 3 Covenant controller at Target tonight for $7.48! Amazing deal, but I just don't need it. I figure it would fetch around $30 or so on eBay. I'd love to trade it for something. Any interest?

MjC[/quote]

CML for it.

I saw Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for 360 and PS2 for $20 @ Kmart in Crofton and Just Cause for $12, if anyone is interested. The Kmart in Greenbelt has Timesplitters 3 XB1 for $2.99 and Splinter Cell for 360 for $10

I'm not sure if anyone is interested but today I stopped by the Tyson's Corner BB and I saw in the check out line a bunch of Xbox 360 games for clearance, the only notable one was Phantasy Star Universe for $14.99. Everything else was junk. But they were in the back of the stacks....so they are probably still there if anyone is interested. I can't ever get into console MMO's. It's just not the same without a keyboard and mouse.

I don't know if there is interest, but are there enough HD-DVD DC Metro area importers...that perhaps want to go in on a HD-DVD Amazon.de group buy to save on shipping? Any interest? I don't know if this even makes economic sense...just seeing if there is interest. I've been eyeing Green Street Hooligans and a few others, but would only be motivated if shipping was a bit more CAG friendly.

The Best Buy in Columbia, MD, has the hardcover collector's edition guides for Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass marked down to $14.99. Last night, there were 5 TP and 3 PH guides. I had picked up the PH guide a week or two ago, and checked some other area BBs (Wheaton, Tysons Corner, Laurel), and they were still $29.99 elsewhere.

Anyone out and about tonight, my band, The Vicious Martinis, is playing at TT Reynolds in Fairfax, VA. Couple of CAGs have come out to recent shows, good times. We go on around 9:30 pm.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Target by the Rio in Gaithersburg, MD, Its called like the Washingtonian center or something had alot of games on clearance. I picked up tony hawk's proving ground for 360 for 14.95. They just put a whole bunch out including Stranglehold, Juiced 2 for 360, a bunch of ps3 games that I can't remember, and some ds games. And a few old xbox games that weren't much of a value.

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']I don't know if this has been posted, but the Target by the Rio in Gaithersburg, MD, Its called like the Washingtonian center or something had alot of games on clearance. I picked up tony hawk's proving ground for 360 for 14.95. They just put a whole bunch out including Stranglehold, Juiced 2 for 360, a bunch of ps3 games that I can't remember, and some ds games. And a few old xbox games that weren't much of a value.[/quote]

How much was stranglehold and was it for the 360?

Also, i don't know if Wii's are still rare but i saw some at the rockville pike BB today. Happy hunting.

A happy Easter to all the DC CAGs out there! I'll be away from my PC for a few days, so it's a little early.

Hope to see you all again soon at the next meetup!

MjC

I was shopping in TRU today because I had to get some stuff for easter for kids and went wondering off into the video game section, and low and behold were 4 sets of Xbox 360 VGA Cables, the ones made by Microsoft for now only $7.48- that's 70% off the retail price. They were on clearance. I bought one , 3 are left. This was in Springfield, VA. You might want to call and confirm other stores and locations before going, as TRU was very very crowded with soccer moms (some were smoking hot too).

[quote name='s0undwav3']I was shopping in TRU today because I had to get some stuff for easter for kids and went wondering off into the video game section, and low and behold were 4 sets of Xbox 360 VGA Cables, the ones made by Microsoft for $19.95 - that's 50% off the retail price. They were on clearance. I bought one , 3 are left. This was in Springfield, VA. You might want to call and confirm other stores and locations before going, as TRU was very very crowded with soccer moms (some were smoking hot too).[/quote]

Where exactly is that Springfield TRU? I tried to check it out some time last week and the GPS needs to be updated so I was brought to the wrong location.

[quote name='joshnorm']Where exactly is that Springfield TRU? I tried to check it out some time last week and the GPS needs to be updated so I was brought to the wrong location.[/QUOTE]

It's off of FFX Parkway, right before FFX turns into Van Dorn (may not be called Van Dorn at that point). It has a Safeway across the street, and it's next to a PO and Walmart.

Old game, but Microcenter in Rockville has PGR3 for 9.99 new.

All the copies are the platinum hits version. Just in case you missed out on this game, not a bad price to give it a shot.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Old game, but Microcenter in Rockville has PGR3 for 9.99 new.

All the copies are the platinum hits version. Just in case you missed out on this game, not a bad price to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Even better, but this can be found in limited numbers at Target on clearance for half of that. Of course, once again only as PH.

[quote name='abhinav']just wondering but how is the micocenter? i have heard good things but have not been able to go in. are the deals any good?[/quote]

Prices are a little high on some things that are cheaper elsewhere, like Vampire Rain for 59.99 at MicroCenter. But then again, PGR3 was 9.99.

I think if you have some free time or see something in the circular, it might be worth a trip. I don't think I'd go out of my way though just to check for deals.

[quote name='bradr']It's off of FFX Parkway, right before FFX turns into Van Dorn (may not be called Van Dorn at that point). It has a Safeway across the street, and it's next to a PO and Walmart.[/quote]

Thanks, for some reason my old non-updated GPS would send me around the Springfield mall. It was killing me, since I knew there was a TRU around somewhere just couldn't find it.

Also, today at the Potomac Mills BB (closing time) they were unloading several Wii's if people are interested they most likely will be there tomorrow since they waited so long to unload (why I have no idea)

[quote name='abhinav']just wondering but how is the micocenter? i have heard good things but have not been able to go in. are the deals any good?[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed going to Microcenter. The Rockville one is one of the nicer MCs that I have ever been to. It harkens back to the old days of a quality computer component store, but with a new school "old boy network" steakhouse feel. Once you take a look, you'll get what I'm trying to get at it. The prices aren't great, but they are average for that kind of shop. It's better than CompUSSR, so does it really matter.

I've always been intrigued by Microcenters but there never was one near me. Now that I'm down in DC, I may have to go check that one out sometime.

So I met up with thebob101 today to do a trade and I definitely plan on getting more involved in the CAG DC community. Just wanted to say hey and that there's another DC Metro area CAG.

I keep hoping they'll open a Microcenter in the Columbia CompUSA's spot. It would be a perfect fit, and Best Buy is the only real competition in the area.

[quote name='karsh']I've always been intrigued by Microcenters but there never was one near me. Now that I'm down in DC, I may have to go check that one out sometime.

So I met up with thebob101 today to do a trade and I definitely plan on getting more involved in the CAG DC community. Just wanted to say hey and that there's another DC Metro area CAG.[/quote]
Welcome to the area man.

I saw one copy of Quake 4 and 4 copies of Just Cause at the CC in Hanover, MD(across from Arundel Mills). I almost picked up Just Cause but I have too many games on my plate as is.

I found Pinball Hall of Fame @ the Target in Greenbelt(right near Route 1) the Target in Laurel(450&MLK) did not have it.

So, I believe it is time for another meetup. I will start the process by asking for folks best dates to hold the 5th DC CAG Meetup. Again, it will be at the White Flint Dave & Busters on a Saturday at 3:00 pm. We can probably do it the last Saturday in April if that works with everyone.

yeah, Saturday April 26th is good for me. About the only good date for me at this point, since I'm promoting pwned.com at the Hot Import Nights Halo 3 Free For All put on by UGS the Saturday prior, and I have to mid shifts the following weekend. If it is the 26th, def count me in!!

I'll have to see what's going on. Some of my friends down here were thinking about going to a Nationals game that weekend but we might try to go to the Sunday game. I'll try to find out when we're gonna try to go and I'll let you guys know about if I can come to the meet up.

Sorry to say, I can't make the 26th, another college buddy is deciding to get married, so that take priority.

But have a good time, and DE will represent next time

The 26th sounds good to me. This would be my first meetup even though I've been on this board for probably seems forever. My next post will contain all my GBA games that I need to unload. Hope you people might be interested in trades / buys.

bread's done
Back