Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='io']I probably won't have time to do any shopping up there but I will check out the Springfield area. I found some good stuff at the CC there during past clearances.[/quote]

Don't get your hopes up; Springfield has really gone downhill as far as videogames go. Pandora's Cube and Starland have both closed, and the mall in general has a lot of closed stores (virtually the whole wing where the 2nd food court was). I was just there last weekend, and the CC didn't have much of anything. If you want really good CCs for clearance, hit up the one in Marlow Heights, MD, across the Wilson Bridge. It's in such a horrible area, no one ever goes there, and they never bother to mark their sale items. The one in Landover isn't bad either.

[quote name='James in VA']Count me in as a first timer! Do people bring their trade stuff into the D&B itself so others can see it?

Thanks,
James[/QUOTE]

Great, will add you on the next roll call. What we have been doing is to park your car up on the third floor of the parking garage, right in front of D&B's entrance. Between drinks and food and B.S., we walk outside and pop up some trunks...it's kinda funny to be truthful, but we all seem to enjoy the geekiness of it all.

The 4th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, January 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
cleaver
lurknomore
GenDV138
MCalvert1
jmiller80
taioo8
BigBen
tsmvengy
greenfox
G-Nitro
dwhelan
GloveBox
hostyl1
Johnny-C
Abiggs
animallyson
geomoose
cstenger5
Big Wang
SourceJR
Sc4rfac3
toymachine12
The Goozex Team
Shoal07
James in VA

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

[quote name='Big Wang']Hey, can some kind person please pm me their name ane cell number cuz I think I'm gonna be a bit late, so I want to be able to find you guys.[/QUOTE]

Done and done. Check your PM. See y'all there.

unfortunately, I threw my back out last night so I won't be able to make it. Sorry all, I bet it will be a blast!

Just in case anyone is checking this thread late, I wanted to share (generally) what I'll be bringing. Sorry the list isn't too specific.

Several Xbox 360 games
A few PS3 games
Wii - Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Several Xbox games
A few 360 faceplates
Several strategy guides (some with matching games)
About 20 DVD movies
A few Gears of War t-shirts
Guitar Hero 3 faceplates (PS3/360)

See you there!
James (a.k.a. JJ)

Hey CAGs!

This is J.J., the guy who wore the PONG shirt. Nice meeting you all and looking forward to future meets.

Best,
J.J.
CAG ID: James in VA
Live Gamertag: ThunderKiss 65

Hey DC CAGs. Another successful CAG meetup. We seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and we might be outgrowing our D&B digs. Great, great turn-out, and I think that we all had a good time getting to know one another and putting a face to an avatar. I think that one of the Goozex guys took some pics of the 25+ group that we had (for CheapyD), so hopefully those will be posted. Anyhow, great seeing the regulars as always...and having the new guys/gals join in on the fun was good to see.

Keep an eye out for the next DC CAG Meetup as we'll actually do something fun together [Somethings in the works]....not that taking about viral videos, chatting about CAG deals, and downing $8 beers isn't reason enough to get together.

Yeah, it was definitely a great time. What viral videos would we have been talking about? *innocent look* LOL. and anyone who actually forgot the link of the site I discussed, can check for the link in my sig. lol Can't wait for the next one!

Had a great time, and added a bunch of games to my unplayed/unopened stack. If there's ever a video game writers strike, I'm set for many years with the amount of games that I have.

Great meeting/seeing everyone at the meetup. Had a really good time even outside in the cold. Cool trading with everyone again and I am leaving feedback for our deals next. Can't wait to see the pics.

Lurk, very curious about the next meetup, sounds fun. As long as it has nothing to do with two girls and a cup.

Here is the Paypal shipping link, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Also, I picked up a copy of DDR for the Wii. If anyone wants it, let me know or I am just going to return it. Cost + tax (somewhere around $72)

I don't know some of the folks that I bought/traded games with Gamer Tags. Please post our deal, I would like to leave feedback for you.

its was great to meet you all i was the guy in the blue coat with the ansy six year old following me. I hope to catch yall at the next meetup

On the way home I actually picked up Tony Hawl PG from Target. I can't stop buying games! I sent out a bunch of XBL friend requests so be on the lookout.

Another awesome meet-up, had a great time talking with the regulars as well as the new guys! Can't wait to hear what the next meet-up is going to be, should be a good time. Also, thanks MCalvert for picking up the THPG games for me and the others!

Nice Job Lurk, thanks for setting this up.

Nice see everyone and trading (though I still did not use any more of that D&B 25 dollar card I have). Also thanks for scarring me, for life, with the stories of the internet phenomenons.

Again, thanks Lurk and I look forward to seeing everyone again. Assuming "Delaware" is invited :)

[quote name='dwhelan']Nice Job Lurk, thanks for setting this up.

Nice see everyone and trading (though I still did not use any more of that D&B 25 dollar card I have). Also thanks for scarring me, for life, with the stories of the internet phenomenons.

Again, thanks Lurk and I look forward to seeing everyone again. Assuming "Delaware" is invited :)[/quote]

We are making you an honorary DC metro area CAG! Nice to meet you and thanks for coming all the way down. You will now be known as Delaware.

Thanks for hosting the event, it was a good time! I will attempt to wash the "viral video that will not be named" out of my head, and hopefully be at the next one. ;)

[quote name='thebob101']We are making you an honorary DC metro area CAG! Nice to meet you and thanks for coming all the way down. You will now be known as Delaware.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess that makes me Pennsylvania! Thanks for the trade, and the feedback btw.

Also, to the guy that let me have the PSX game for free, please PM me.

And looking forward to the next meetup!

MjC

My only complaint: I didn't think there was enough graphic lesbian discussion. I didn't really listen to what people were saying, but I think there can never be enough graphic lesbian discussion.

[quote name='lurknomore']Actually, MCalvert1, I think that you should be called TurboGraphx because of the basement Bomberman at jmiller's BBQ meetup.[/quote]

Agreed! After the previous meetup I was nearly convinced to go find a TurboGraphx with MCalvert1's fond recollection and excitement about the system and games. :D

Hey, I like it. Turbografx works for me!

Also, I read just the other day that Bomberman for the Saturn supports up to 10 players! I may have to look into that...

MjC

Hey all you DC CAGs! I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I am in the area this week and, if you are interested, am reluctantly selling my Samsung TX-P3075WH HDTV.

Some background info.

I bought this TV in the Spring of '05 from a Doctor out in Vienna. I bought it in preparation for the arrival of my 360. At the time, the TV was barely 9 months old and had hardly been used. Well, needless to say, I only used the TV until October 06 when my wife and I moved out of the country. This TV has since spent its days inside of my Honda Civic which was parked inside a covered storage unit in Woodbridge, VA.

So, as I mentioned, I'm selling my baby. I've returned to the US and will be shipping my car but not the TV back to CA this Saturday. The TV is a 30" widescreen CRT and it supports 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolutions. The TV has one DVI input, one Component input, standard composite and S-video inputs and, if I recall correctly, has an optical audio out and standard L/R audio out ports as well. I'm asking $300 for the TV and will even throw in a powered HDTV antenna so you can get the free broadcast HDTV channels.

Up until yesterday the TV was stored in my Honda Civic. I took the TV out of the Honda because the car is getting serviced at the dealership before the car gets shipped over to CA. I've taken very good care of this TV and really want it to go to a good home.

The only downside is the storage unit does not have an electrical outlet to make sure the TV works but I am confident that it does. In fact, if you get the TV home and it doesn't power on, I will issue a full refund.

So anyway, here's the one and only picture I have of the TV. I took this just before putting it into storage. The TV weights approximately 115 lbs but don't let the weight scare you. It's quite easy for two people to carry. The TV will be available for pickup on Saturday in Woodbridge, VA when the car shipping company comes to pick up the car. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM or email me at daphatty (at) gmail.com.

IMG_4100.jpg

I wanted to share something with my fellow DC CAGs. I did some "fingerpainting" today while eating a steaming bowl of chili. I thought that I would regret it, but I figured what the hey. And it wasn't as bad as we all thought. If you've been to college, then you've already seen it and worse. Again, just wanted to share. No need to be afraid.

[quote name='lurknomore']I wanted to share something with my fellow DC CAGs. I did some "fingerpainting" today while eating a steaming bowl of chili. I thought that I would regret it, but I figured what the hey. And it wasn't as bad as we all thought. If you've been to college, then you've already seen it and worse. Again, just wanted to share. No need to be afraid.[/quote]

There's something wrong here, can't put my finger on it, but I think there are some hidden messages up there somewhere.

Edit: SOLD

Anyone in the MD suburbs looking for a PS2 with the Guitar Hero 1 and 2 and a couple other games?

I threw a bundle on Craig's List for $125, but would do $100 on it for a fellow CAG.

Hardware:

-Original Model PS2 (not the newer slim design) in excellent condition (still have original box)
-1 Clear Blue Dual Shock Controller
-1 8MB Sony Memory Card
-1 Sony Component A/V Cable (don't have the Composite cable it came with anymore, so you'll need to pick one up if you're TV lacks component inputs)

Games:

-Guitar Hero 1 w/ Guitar controller-have original box, controller has stickers it came with applied
-Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar controller,- have original box, controller has a skin and stickers applied
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Okami
-NCAA Football 2006

If any local DC CAGs are still in need of a Brand New Wii...I have one in my possession. Came across one and couldn't help buying it to help someone out. If a local CAG is looking for one, I'll sell it to you at cost....LMK, otherwise it is going back.

Has anyone in the DC area found a copy of Folklore on clearance at Target? I just bought it there ~2 weeks ago for full price (albeit with a gift card) and would really like to get a price adjustment if the clearance is chain-wide.

It's a good game, BTW, if anyone is on the fence about picking it up. I recommend it.

[quote name='greenfox']Has anyone in the DC area found a copy of Folklore on clearance at Target? I just bought it there ~2 weeks ago for full price (albeit with a gift card) and would really like to get a price adjustment if the clearance is chain-wide.

It's a good game, BTW, if anyone is on the fence about picking it up. I recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I'll stop by the Target I had luck with last time, and let you know what I find out. I just checked the list of clearance games. Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes close to my purchase price, but even $30 seems a bit high. Once it's $20 somewhere, I'll pick it up.

Also, if anyone wants Warhawk (game only), I'll have an extra one once my Amazon copy comes in about a week. I just wanted the headset. Brand new, make me an offer.

MjC

Thanks, that would be awesome. I've been a little sick, and a lot busy, so I haven't gotten a chance to even go to the Target closest to me.

Hey everyone! I've been out of town for a good chunk of time, but I'm back. I nabbed an extra copy of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground LE from the Target clearance if anyone is interested. Also, I've got a used (but absolutely MINT) copy of COD4 that I'm trying to trade locally for a complete copy of Mass Effect if anyone is interested.

Anyway, greetings to all!

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']Hey everyone! I've been out of town for a good chunk of time, but I'm back. I nabbed an extra copy of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground LE from the Target clearance if anyone is interested. Also, I've got a used (but absolutely MINT) copy of COD4 that I'm trying to trade locally for a complete copy of Mass Effect if anyone is interested.

Anyway, greetings to all![/quote]

That link in your sig is rather helpful, thanks. Oh and Mass Effect owns.

Hey Greenfox, sorry it took so long to get back to you about the games at Target, but I didn't get over there until last night. They had Ninja Gaiden and Folklore, but both were marked $41.98. There wasn't an attendant nearby to unlock the glass, and I didn't have a lot of time, so I didn't scan the barcodes to confirm though. I was under the impression that Target prices were not YMMV. Has that changed recently?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Hey Greenfox, sorry it took so long to get back to you about the games at Target, but I didn't get over there until last night. They had Ninja Gaiden and Folklore, but both were marked $41.98. There wasn't an attendant nearby to unlock the glass, and I didn't have a lot of time, so I didn't scan the barcodes to confirm though. I was under the impression that Target prices were not YMMV. Has that changed recently?

MjC[/QUOTE]

No worries, I've been laid up sick all week. Thanks for checking. I didn't think were YMMV, but when I check Folklore at the Target in Rockville it still rang up for ~$60, so maybe they have changed. Which Target did you find it at for $41.98?

[quote name='greenfox']No worries, I've been laid up sick all week. Thanks for checking. I didn't think were YMMV, but when I check Folklore at the Target in Rockville it still rang up for ~$60, so maybe they have changed. Which Target did you find it at for $41.98?[/QUOTE]

This is Timonium/Cockeysville, MD

MjC

Hey if anyone finds an extra copy of Bioshock they are willing to sell me from that FYE sale i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MCalvert1']This is Timonium/Cockeysville, MD

MjC[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. It's that price at the Rockville Target now too. I picked up Warhawk while I was there today too. Anyone else playing this? I have kind of mixed feelings so far. The flight combat I like at least. The ground combat not so much.

[quote name='greenfox']Thanks for letting me know. It's that price at the Rockville Target now too. I picked up Warhawk while I was there today too. Anyone else playing this? I have kind of mixed feelings so far. The flight combat I like at least. The ground combat not so much.[/QUOTE]

NP. I picked up Warhawk from Amazon's sale last week. I'd played it before on a rental and liked it well enough. Not to the extent of CoD4, but it's pretty cool. Plus I like the idea of the bluetooth headset. I'll probably get into it a little bit in another week or two.

MjC

If anyone is looking for a copy the Gamestop/Eb at the Potomac Mills Mall has a complete copy of Digital Devil Saga used, this was at 4:30 pm on 2/14.

[quote name='joshnorm']If anyone is looking for a copy the Gamestop/Eb at the Potomac Mills Mall has a complete copy of Digital Devil Saga used, this was at 4:30 pm on 2/14.[/quote]

How much was it?

If anyone has any interest, I have a Limited Halo Edition translucent green OXbox lying around. I have no use for it, but Gamestop doesn't give anything extra for limited edition systems, so I'm loathe to just take $20 store credit for it. It's in good condition, as is the limited edition controller that came with it (almost never used, since I prefer the Duke.) I'm in Silver Spring, MD, and basically willing to entertain pretty much any offer; cash or trade.

And just in case you are interested, but worried because of how recently I signed up here, shoot me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to show you my Ebay feedback, and/or provide refferences.

bread's done
Back