Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

Alright fellow CAG DC'ers. Since I'm located in Arlington, VA and most of you are in the big thing we call the beltway, I thought I'd post my massive list of GBA Games that I need to unload. Please PM PM PM me if you are interested in any of these games. I am willing to trade for Wii Games but looking for Cash / Paypal payments and I can meet somewhere if we don't want to deal with shipping the games. The sealed games are all in MINT non-crushed boxes, in fact all the opened ones are too. The only game box that has a slight bend on the top cover is Doom II Sealed.

Here is the list: Again, please PM PM PM me if you are interested in trading / buying. If you want to buy, please offer a price. We can negotiate.

Nintendo DS : Mint Conditions and Comes with Boxes and Instructions, no Bootlegs

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
New! Super Mario Bros.
Planet Puzzle League

Xbox 360 : All Games are in MINT Condition with Instructions

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Non Platinum Hits
Gears of War - Non Platinum Hits
Ninety Nine Nights
Perfect Dark Zero Platinum Hits - Sealed
Project Gotham Racing 3 - Non Platinum Hits
Splinter Cell Double Agent - Non Platinum Hits
The Outfit - Sealed

Nintendo Game Boy Advance - GBA

Sealed

Battle Bots
Bomberman Classics
Cima The Enemy
Defender
Driver Advance 2
F-14 Tom Cat
Karnaaj
Medabots Yellow & Blue Boxes
Monster Force
Onimusha Tactics
Stuntman (2 Copies)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Turok Evolution

GBA Games Opened with Original Boxes and Instruction Manuals

F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Moto Racer
TopGear Rally

Xbox

Amped
Dead or Alive 3 PH
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead To Rights Sealed
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
Halo Game of the Year Stamp
Halo 2 Collectors Edition
Metal Arms
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Theif: Deadly Shadows
Vexx

GameCube

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu with Collector's Box and Poster
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requem - Sealed
F-Zero GX Sealed
P.N.O3 Product Number Sealed
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rebel Strike

The 26th sounds good to me. This would be my first meetup even though I've been on this board for probably seems forever. My next post will contain all my GBA games that I need to unload. Hope you people might be interested in trades / buys.

Alright fellow CAG DC'ers. Since I'm located in Arlington, VA and most of you are in the big thing we call the beltway, I thought I'd post my massive list of GBA Games that I need to unload. Please PM PM PM me if you are interested in any of these games. I am willing to trade for Wii Games but looking for Cash / Paypal payments and I can meet somewhere if we don't want to deal with shipping the games. The sealed games are all in MINT non-crushed boxes, in fact all the opened ones are too. The only game box that has a slight bend on the top cover is Doom II Sealed.

Here is the list: Again, please PM PM PM me if you are interested in trading / buying. If you want to buy, please offer a price. We can negotiate.

Nintendo DS : Mint Conditions and Comes with Boxes and Instructions, no Bootlegs

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
New! Super Mario Bros.
Planet Puzzle League

Xbox 360 : All Games are in MINT Condition with Instructions

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Non Platinum Hits
Gears of War - Non Platinum Hits
Ninety Nine Nights
Perfect Dark Zero Platinum Hits - Sealed
Project Gotham Racing 3 - Non Platinum Hits
Splinter Cell Double Agent - Non Platinum Hits
The Outfit - Sealed

Nintendo Game Boy Advance - GBA

Sealed

Battle Bots
Bomberman Classics
Cima The Enemy
Defender
Driver Advance 2
F-14 Tom Cat
Karnaaj
Medabots Yellow & Blue Boxes
Monster Force
Onimusha Tactics
Stuntman (2 Copies)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Turok Evolution

GBA Games Opened with Original Boxes and Instruction Manuals

F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Moto Racer
TopGear Rally

Xbox

Amped
Dead or Alive 3 PH
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead To Rights Sealed
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
Halo Game of the Year Stamp
Halo 2 Collectors Edition
Metal Arms
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Theif: Deadly Shadows
Vexx

GameCube

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu with Collector's Box and Poster
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requem - Sealed
F-Zero GX Sealed
P.N.O3 Product Number Sealed
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rebel Strike

[quote name='abhinav']Put me in the maybe category, i might have something going on that weekend.[/QUOTE]

Where have you been abhinav? I haven't seen or heard from you in ages.

I found some clearance Wii points and classic controllers at my Walmart tonight. Each one has a rubber classic controller sleave and are $14 plus tax. I picked up 5 point cards and 3 controllers. There are plenty more of each, though way more point cards. I'm willing to pick these up for cost + tax ($14.84) to be paid for at the CAG meetup on the 26th. Please let me know who is interested in what. All the controllers have pink sleaves, the point cards are mixed, but mostly pink.

MjC

[quote name='lurknomore']Where have you been abhinav? I haven't seen or heard from you in ages.[/quote]

College has been eating me alive. Alive i tell you! I missed the last few meet ups due to Tests being that week, just bad luck i guess. I really do hope i can make this one. How have you been?

For those interested in the C city clearance. My local C city, Harrisonburg had plenty of Odin Spheres (4+) and many of the other games on clearance.

My wife and I are going to be visiting her sister and husband in D.C. from the 9th to the 14th. Are there are any independent or import game shops in the city itself?

I believe there is a cd/game exchange in DC. Its a small chain in the area, I think they have some in cincinatti and ohio. Anyways I always find some great deals there on used games. The one near my house even had some imports last time. Dunno if that is what you are looking for but I'm pretty sure there is one in Adams Morgan and I am positive that there is one on Wisconsin Ave.

Anyways here's the site if you wanna visit. Addresses should be there www.cdgamexchange.com

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']I believe there is a cd/game exchange in DC. Its a small chain in the area, I think they have some in cincinatti and ohio. Anyways I always find some great deals there on used games. The one near my house even had some imports last time. Dunno if that is what you are looking for but I'm pretty sure there is one in Adams Morgan and I am positive that there is one on Wisconsin Ave.

Anyways here's the site if you wanna visit. Addresses should be there www.cdgamexchange.com[/quote]

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm looking for either. We've got a great import gaming store here in Seattle, and I don't expect anything similar, nor is it high on my list of things to do while we're there, but I thought that D.C. being such an international city, there might be something.

I believe there is a cd/game exchange in DC. Its a small chain in the area, I think they have some in cincinatti and ohio. Anyways I always find some great deals there on used games. The one near my house even had some imports last time. Dunno if that is what you are looking for but I'm pretty sure there is one in Adams Morgan and I am positive that there is one on Wisconsin Ave.

Anyways here's the site if you wanna visit. Addresses should be there www.cdgamexchange.com

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']I believe there is a cd/game exchange in DC. Its a small chain in the area, I think they have some in cincinatti and ohio. Anyways I always find some great deals there on used games. The one near my house even had some imports last time. Dunno if that is what you are looking for but I'm pretty sure there is one in Adams Morgan and I am positive that there is one on Wisconsin Ave.

Anyways here's the site if you wanna visit. Addresses should be there www.cdgamexchange.com[/quote]

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm looking for either. We've got a great import gaming store here in Seattle, and I don't expect anything similar, nor is it high on my list of things to do while we're there, but I thought that D.C. being such an international city, there might be something.

Hey DC area peoples...
Here's the start of a post I made on Goozex forums about a local gaming tournament.

"I wanted to tune in all the nearby MD/DC/VA members that might be interested in a local gaming tournament that is benefiting Child's Play Charity. It is being held at the University of Maryland by a student group named Gamer Symphony Orchestra. You do not need to be a UMD student to participate."

If interested, you can click here for all the details:
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/p/20220/55278.aspx#55278

Also, in case you haven't seen this CAG thread about our latest promo...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178762

ok, back to my cave...

Any CAG's live in Springfield? I am looking for the asian toy / anime / toys and video game store that is located somewhere in Springfield. I went there with someone else 2 years ago, and I cannot remember the name or where it is at all but I know it's in some strip mall, not in the mall itself.

Thanks in advance.

Used to be one in the strip mall where the Giant food store is, kinda across from where Kinkos is now. Was called Pandora's Cube or Box or something like that. It got shut down because they were selling modded XBox's.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Are we gonna extend the meet over to the Goozex members like last time? I think that would be a good idea to do it again.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. The more the merrier.

[quote name='s0undwav3']Any CAG's live in Springfield? I am looking for the asian toy / anime / toys and video game store that is located somewhere in Springfield. I went there with someone else 2 years ago, and I cannot remember the name or where it is at all but I know it's in some strip mall, not in the mall itself.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

There is "Anime FX" in Springfield. I thought they were in the mall, although I never went there in person I did pre-order Advent Children from them online and the fuckers never processed my order.

There is also "Anime Pavilion" in Falls Church. They have been around for awhile now. They moved awhile back to a location that is hard to find if you don't know the area. I'm not a huge anime fan, but Anime Pavilion is a good business to support in NoVA. The owner knows his stuff.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Are we gonna extend the meet over to the Goozex members like last time? I think that would be a good idea to do it again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lurknomore']I don't see why not. The more the merrier.[/QUOTE]

Oh we are letting the Goozex people come. Well now I am kind of glad, I am not going to be able to make it :)

It sounds like it will be a good time, good luck guys.

[quote name='coalhalo']There is "Anime FX" in Springfield. I thought they were in the mall, although I never went there in person I did pre-order Advent Children from them online and the fuckers never processed my order.

[/quote]

Anime FX went out of business months ago. Springfield in general is rather depressing these days, since Anime FX, Pandora's Cube, and Star Land are all gone.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Anime FX went out of business months ago. Springfield in general is rather depressing these days, since Anime FX, Pandora's Cube, and Star Land are all gone.[/quote]

With Anime FX biting the dust I guess there isn't much left except for Anime Pavilion in Falls Church. I know Big Planet comics carries some anime, but it is not the focus of the stores. I heard of a placed called "Anime World" somewhere out in Chantilly, but that is all I know. These days I don't travel outside DC or Arlington if I don't have to.

Just wanted to give everyone in the area a heads up. Tomorrow night is Hot Import Nights at Dulles Expo. There is going to be a Halo 3 FFA puton by Underground Gaming Series from 5PM to Midnight. The prize is $1000 (Winner takes all). I will be there promoting Pwned.com at the H3 tournament, so if anyone else is gonna be there, stop by and say what's up.

Guys, thanks for all the store information. I'll look up the store in Chantilly the next time I'm out there, but my friend said the anime store in Fall Church is gone, but didn't know exactly if another oen was there.

Anyway, where is this meetup going to be at? I guess I didn't read it or missed the post, can someone help clue me in?

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
s0undwav3
FlamingMoogles
NinjaJ of the Goozex Team
kevlar51
geomoose

maybe-
GenDV138
abhinav

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Cleaver plays football? What the hell? How did i not know about this?! Where did he play, i demand (begging?) for a signed card when you get drafted.

Just a CAG alert to let you all know that all regional Target's as of today lowered the clearance price of Project Gotham Racing 4 and Two Worlds both for the Xbox 360 to just $14.96. I bought both and used the $5 off $25 any Toy, and it worked flawlessly. Nice games for just 25 bucks.

hey guys i've done a few searches, are there any classic stores with older games in the DC area? i mean, i know ebay works, but i like going and just browsing sometimes.

thanks!

i might be down on saturday for the meet, too, anything special i need to bring?

[quote name='Charlie97L']

i might be down on saturday for the meet, too, anything special i need to bring?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Bring some trade stuff if want to do that...otherwise, just bring yourself. Food, drinks, and talking CAG are what we will be doing.

The TRU I went to today had a bonus 20% off any clearance game, plus $10 off any 2nd game you buy. So I think I got a deal of the lifetime today at TRU.

Here's what I got:

All Xbox 360 Games:

Enchanted Arms - $16
Blue Dragon - $7
Moto GP 07 $16
Blazing Angels 2 - $7

Wow, that's less than $50 for all those games! Sweet sweet. That 20% off was awesome..he even applied to the $10 off games. Man that guy was cool.

P.S. This was the TRU in Columbia, MD and they put all their Xbox 360 clearance games in two bins but there was a lot of Blue Dragon's left, I found at least 2 more on the bottom of them and left them at the bottom. Good luck to all.

Moto GP was actually still in the computer for $39.99 but the guy saw the clearance sticker of $19.99 + 20% off man that was sweet!!!!

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
s0undwav3
FlamingMoogles
NinjaJ of the Goozex Team & entourage
kevlar51
geomoose
Charlie97L

maybe-
GenDV138
abhinav

Hey, I just got back in form Portland. I would love to attend, but I am unsure if I will be able to make it since I just found out about this get together. Would you be willing to put me down for a maybe? Thank you much folks. I hope to be there.

not updated, but will be the last update. Let's rock the NFL Draft and talk games. See you all then.

Dave & Buster's
11301 Rockville Pike

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
MCalvert1
s0undwav3
FlamingMoogles
NinjaJ of the Goozex Team & entourage
kevlar51
geomoose
Charlie97L

maybe-
GenDV138
abhinav
jmiller80

Another great meet-up. Always a good time seeing the regulars once again. It was a smaller meet-up but the conversation was great nonetheless. Good times had by all.

[quote name='lurknomore']Another great meet-up. Always a good time seeing the regulars once again. It was a smaller meet-up but the conversation was great nonetheless. Good times had by all.[/quote]

I hope to be there the next time.

I was gonna go, but I ended up having just WAY too much school work to actually be able to go out and do anything. Hopefully next meet-up I'll be able to come.

[quote name='Indifference']I hope to be there the next time.[/QUOTE]

Indifference, your name came up during the meetup, so you were among those that were missed. See you around Live sometime.

I had a good time, but there were many who were missed at this meetup. Sorry so many of you couldn't make it. It was good it see Abhinav again who was MIA since meetup #2 iirc.

MjC

Glad to hear you guys had a good time! I hope to be at the next one.

If anyone is looking for Xbox 360 VGA cables or Wiis, the Sterling, VA Toys R Us had quite a few of both. I saw at least 10 Wiis behind the counter on Sunday. They also had quite a few 360 VGA cables for $7.98 (price tagged at $9.98), picked one up for myself.

Also glad to hear everyone had a good time -- I think I would have preferred the meetup to the wedding

Anyway, this might only be helpful to MCalvert, but the Gamestop in York (by the Galleria Mall) had 12 Wiis on Sunday. If anyone was looking.

bread's done
Back