Watch Dogs (PS3/PS4) official thread

Yeah, so far the game has given me zero reason to even engage in side missions/collectibles. I've just been going through the main story which looks to be painfully short. With Assassin's Creed at least you're rewarded with amazing vistas by hitting up all the viewpoints and grabbing some collectibles come naturally as you're just hopping around. I really don't know why they delayed the game at this point unless it just wasn't done.

Any effort to beef up the gameplay was obviously a waste.
was delayed to not compete with mostly ac4. A company putting two of their games out at same time is pretty bad idea and for a game with this much hype lie watch dogs needed it's own time.

Game is not bad as you think it is and mp is really fun but each to his own i guess. i already plan on doing 2nd run of game with the invading feature turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm shocked that Blues music actually made it into the game!  I think this is the first game to have blues music in it!  

ubisoft games have always been on short side. The thing with ubisoft games is that they always have tons of side content that adds hours onto gameplay and watch dogs has plenty side stuff.

i think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the competition with gta v , and assains creed iv black flags.
was delayed to not compete with mostly ac4. A company putting two of their games out at same time is pretty bad idea and for a game with this much hype lie watch dogs needed it's own time.
Ah yes, you're right. Makes sense when the game is completely bankrupt of fresh ideas other than the 'hacker' theme. I've only played it for about two hours but I'm already making plans to trade it in whenever BB has a high trade value. : \

Does that include the extra 60 minutes of gameplay that was promised?
These things always strike me as funny because half the time you can't even tell where that extra gameplay is. When DLC is tacked on like this, sometime it can even be missed if they don't smack you over the head with a neon sign. I know in assassin's creed games these extra missions come in the form of sidemissions and if you don't do any of those, it's absolutely worthless content.

At the same time, if they made it pertinent to the main story it would cause a backlash since it's considered 'cut' content.

Ah yes, you're right. Makes sense when the game is completely bankrupt of fresh ideas other than the 'hacker' theme. I've only played it for about two hours but I'm already making plans to trade it in whenever BB has a high trade value. : \
that's just your opinion of course but i loving it so far and it does feel fresh. The world seems alive and i love walking around reading stuff on people. But again it's open world game what fresh stuff were you looking for. Also what was your opinion on gta 5 for me it was worse then gta 4.

If this was the case, they wouldn't have waited until a month prior to announce it's delay. According to the team, the game still needed work.

what open world game is not repetitive? is this game great no but it's good and is worth a play.
I can give you one example. Deadly Premonition is an open world game and nothing about that game is repetitive aside from the driving. All side missions either progress the story or the characters. This is the correct way to make an open world game!

I bought watchdogs expecting something nothing short of amazing and what I got was mediocre. It's fun but overall it's very gimmicky. I find myself just running from the cops to get away instead of trying to utilize the surroundings by hacking to escape because it's just easier! The hacking is okay but kind of loses it's luster after a while. Who knows, maybe I'll change my tune after playing it a bit more.

The graphics aren't anything great at all. I'm well aware that graphics isn't what makes a game... I can dig accept that but the developer shouldn't have come out making claims how this is truly next gen-defining if that's case. The graphics aren't anything special at all really.

The multiplayer is a complete train wreck. You try to get in a public lobby and you end up waiting 5 to 10 minutes. Literally. And since you're in this weird mode of waiting to jump in a lobby, you can't do any missions while you wait. So you literally have to pointlessly wonder around doing nothing while you wait to join a game.

When my buddy was able to finally get in a public game, he sent me multiple invites. When I tried to get in his game which was 3/8 players, it kept giving me either an error or it told me the game was full. Complete garbage.

Overall I think reviewers were overly generous with giving this game the score it received. I'd say it's in the range of 60% but nothing more.

I'm going to try and play through the single player campaign fast and sell this off because I don't see this having much replay value at all.

Glad i didnt buy it and just got it from gamefly. Should have it today hopefully. May have actually got it yesterday but never checked the mail. haha.

I can give you one example. Deadly Premonition is an open world game and nothing about that game is repetitive aside from the driving. All side missions either progress the story or the characters. This is the correct way to make an open world game!

I bought watchdogs expecting something nothing short of amazing and what I got was mediocre. It's fun but overall it's very gimmicky. I find myself just running from the cops to get away instead of trying to utilize the surroundings by hacking to escape because it's just easier! The hacking is okay but kind of loses it's luster after a while. Who knows, maybe I'll change my tune after playing it a bit more.

The graphics aren't anything great at all. I'm well aware that graphics isn't what makes a game... I can dig accept that but the developer shouldn't have come out making claims how this is truly next gen-defining if that's case. The graphics aren't anything special at all really.

The multiplayer is a complete train wreck. You try to get in a public lobby and you end up waiting 5 to 10 minutes. Literally. And since you're in this weird mode of waiting to jump in a lobby, you can't do any missions while you wait. So you literally have to pointlessly wonder around doing nothing while you wait to join a game.

When my buddy was able to finally get in a public game, he sent me multiple invites. When I tried to get in his game which was 3/8 players, it kept giving me either an error or it told me the game was full. Complete garbage.

Overall I think reviewers were overly generous with giving this game the score it received. I'd say it's in the range of 60% but nothing more.

I'm going to try and play through the single player campaign fast and sell this off because I don't see this having much replay value at all.
so you were thinking we were going to get the game look i grapchis we seen two years ago i early dev stage and was not even gameplay was a video? i agree the online play right now is having server issues but so did gta v at launch. This gameis 100 percent what i was expeting and plan on doing at least another play of it with invading turned on. Plus it helped i read nothing big on the game and was never into hype knowing no game never lives up to the hype.

Plus it helped i read nothing big on the game and was never into hype knowing no game never lives up to the hype.
I did the same thing. Also, when I did that with The Last of Us, I was alot more blown away by it than those people who followed it religiously. I stopped following games every step of the way once Uncharted 3 disappointed me immensely

so you were thinking we were going to get the game look i grapchis we seen two years ago i early dev stage and was not even gameplay was a video? i agree the online play right now is having server issues but so did gta v at launch. This gameis 100 percent what i was expeting and plan on doing at least another play of it with invading turned on. Plus it helped i read nothing big on the game and was never into hype knowing no game never lives up to the hype.
I don't know if I was thinking or hoping I was going to get a game that looked identical to the footage of the 2012 E3 show. The fact of the matter is, we didn't get that game. I believe the announcement back in 2012 was that it was a "gameplay demo" and not a pre-rendered cinematic video. So with that being said, I was expecting something on par with what we saw in 2012.

I agree, GTA V had hiccups at launch with its online mode as well and that's also part of the problem. It's unacceptable for this to keep happening.

It's great if it's everything you were expecting. You should enjoy it from start to finish then.

I think it's laughable that one of the side missions is that I take a psychedelic drug and bounce around the city on giant sprouting flowers... I mean, that's just terrible execution. It's a joke. You might as well have Ace Ventura make a cameo in the movie Schindler's list!

I just want to add, the graphics are only a piece of the mess here.

These things always strike me as funny because half the time you can't even tell where that extra gameplay is. When DLC is tacked on like this, sometime it can even be missed if they don't smack you over the head with a neon sign. I know in assassin's creed games these extra missions come in the form of sidemissions and if you don't do any of those, it's absolutely worthless content.

At the same time, if they made it pertinent to the main story it would cause a backlash since it's considered 'cut' content.
There is a list in the menus of all acquired DLC and what each package consists of. They make it very clear in this game.

I don't know if I was thinking or hoping I was going to get a game that looked identical to the footage of the 2012 E3 show. The fact of the matter is, we didn't get that game. I believe the announcement back in 2012 was that it was a "gameplay demo" and not a pre-rendered cinematic video. So with that being said, I was expecting something on par with what we saw in 2012.

I agree, GTA V had hiccups at launch with its online mode as well and that's also part of the problem. It's unacceptable for this to keep happening.

It's great if it's everything you were expecting. You should enjoy it from start to finish then.

I think it's laughable that one of the side missions is that I take a psychedelic drug and bounce around the city on giant sprouting flowers... I mean, that's just terrible execution. It's a joke. You might as well have Ace Ventura make a cameo in the movie Schindler's list!

I just want to add, the graphics are only a piece of the mess here.
don't you need to sync with uplay online in order to play the single player in watch dogs?

i don't knowabout ps4 but on x1 the game looks pretty good yeah the grass looks nasty but this is a pretty decent looking game for it being a cross gen game. i also rewatched video from e3  2012 and it looks pretty much likethe game does not sure what version people watched.

i don't knowabout ps4 but on x1 the game looks pretty good yeah the grass looks nasty but this is a pretty decent looking game for it being a cross gen game. i also rewatched video from e3 2012 and it looks pretty much likethe game does not sure what version people watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk

You really don't see the difference?!?

only major diff it seems weather is toned down. it's just amazing that people bash a game over this. Years now company's have showed footageandgame never looks good as video.

I would not say that he "bashed" it. he listed it in his critique of the game. you then made a comment about how it looks almost the same as the old video. he posted a comparison to show you that he thought it looked different. the weather is the most obvious, but the grit of a true inner city environment is captured in the video and that is missing from the gameplay footage. I would not say the game looks bad by any stretch, just not what I think many expected.

I guess my only question is why would anyone by a ubisoft title in the first month of its release?

I would not say that he "bashed" it. he listed it in his critique of the game. you then made a comment about how it looks almost the same as the old video. he posted a comparison to show you that he thought it looked different. the clip posted does make it look like the finished product is far less detailed that what was show in in the video from 2012. the weather is the most obvious, but the grit or a true inner city environment is captured in the video and that is missing from the gameplay footage. I would not say the game looks bad by any stretch, just not what I think many expected.

I guess my only question is why would anyone by a ubisoft title in the first month of its release?
because it was a big release and lets be honest it's the last one until destiny

Like I said out of the gate, perhaps I will change my opinion with more playtime but as it stands now, it's pretty messy.

That video doesn't just show more substantial weather. If you look at a lot of the things, the lights, the interior of the club, the ground, the atmosphere...... it's looks more polished back in 2012 and the end result that we got feels more plastic if that makes any sense...

It doesn't look bad, but correct, just not what I was expecting. And I didn't follow much of this game until recently. I never follow a game that closely. I usually watch a trailer, a gameplay demo and that's about it.

I'm holding hope for the game "The Witness." That should be an amazing game from a talented developer, Jonathan Blow. Take the witness for example, the developer never once played up the graphics, the look or anything of the sort. You get what you get but by the looks of it, it looks damn good! He's been pretty vague saying it's a puzzle game. I don't think there's ever an instance where the game gives you direction on what to do. You learn without being taught. That's pretty amazing.

because it was a big release and lets be honest it's the last one until destiny
that is all the more reason to stay patient and wait a few weeks. I think the game will drop in price quickly. save yourself a few bucks and have something to play during the dry spell. I guess if it was a game I was geeked for I would run out and buy it day one. I do anticipate playing it at some point.

Does it mention numbers? Not really that impressive seeing how it was the first major title released across five platforms. Imagine if GTA V was released a few months later across all systems and PC?

for a new ip it is pretty impressive
I don't think it's very impressive at all for something that has been hyped up for over a year and launched on five consoles a decided to finally come out during a video game drought (seriously---how many AAA games get pushed out during the summer drought?). Unless someone can prove otherwise, it needed the numbers from all five to get this "record".

Windows like this exist for a few months at the start of every generation cycle (7-10 years). Besides when was the last time that Ubisoft released a game on 5 platforms on the same day? AC4 was spread out over 1-2 months.

Does it mention numbers? Not really that impressive seeing how it was the first major title released across five platforms. Imagine if GTA V was released a few months later across all systems and PC?
No mention of numbers other than the fact that it has sold the most copies of any Ubisoft game during the first 24 hours of release. That is Incredibly impressive considering it is a brand new IP and the AC series is nothing to sneeze at. If I am not mistaken ACIII moved 3.5 million units its first week. If Watch Dogs can top that they are off to an incredible start.

You are right though. It is not GTA V but than again GTA series wasn't really popular until GTA III.

Yes but how many more tens of MILLIONS of consoles are in the wild now with two plus years of last generations sales and six months of current generation sales from the time AC III was released? I get it's a new IP, and that is the only thing that makes it impressive (to me) but the way it was marketed by UBIsoft it's not like they made people feel like they were taking a risk on something that was untested. This was a very safe release that takes very popular elements from some very popular games and tries to make it its own.

I just think you have to take the "record" aspect and throw it out the window for a game like this that was delayed forever, released against NO competition, and came out of five platforms.

The sales numbers are strong---I'm not denying that but it doesn't seem like anything newsworthy to me EXCEPT that as someone else mentioned I guess we'll get 11/12 month yearly installments of this game for the next 3-4 years.

The scene with Aiden & his sister was kinda freaky.  He looked like he had somewhat normal facial features and hair while she looked like she was straight out of Sims 2.

Lol sad to say but deadly premonitions characters looked better than this especially aidens sister. All I can think of when I see her is a blow up doll

There is a list in the menus of all acquired DLC and what each package consists of. They make it very clear in this game.
I still can't find the white hacker suit that was supposedly unlocked. It wasn't in my wardrobe at the safehouse so how do I access it? This is what I'm talking about in regards to the added content; easy to see what you have, hard to find it in the actual game.

I think you have to complete the mission in which you sleep in the hotel room for the first time. After I did that, it was in my wardrobe in that hotel room.

Did a lot of side missions tonight. Those private investigation missions are fuck ing gold. If you have not done them, do them because you get to spy on people's lives and some are downright hilarious.

Also, I am really enjoying the Stealth aspects of this game. It's a nice change of pace instead of just walk in with guns blazing 24/7.

I feel like yeah the game isn't perfect but I think Watch Dogs 2 could be really amazing, assuming they pull off the Ass Creed 1 to 2 jump.

I really fucking hate this game I'm on act 3 mission whatever and I'm stuck in this hick town

I'm really sick of almost every mission being a gunfight

I really fucking hate this game I'm on act 3 mission whatever and I'm stuck in this hick town I'm really sick of almost every mission being a gunfight
i guess you hate most open world games then like this and gta. im into act 2 and have yet turned missions into gun fights. Most missions can be done by hacking and sneaking.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11797217" timestamp="1401332111"]i guess you hate most open world games then like this and gta. im into act 2 and have yet turned missions into gun fights. Most missions can be done by hacking and sneaking.[/quote]it's the most repetitive game since ac1

I hate this fucking protect and defend tbone mission this stupid hillbilly

There are juggernauts flocking in droves and you can't kill the bastards there are hundreds of enemies and then there's aidens weak ass and underpowered guns

for a new ip it is pretty impressive
and it doesn't hurt that EVERYONE was dying for something to put in their $400 console. That's why Infamous SS sold as well as it did. There are no games on the PS4 yet, so people go bat-shit crazy over anything that does come out. If a game like this came out in 2017 when the PS4/XB1 had an established libraries, it wouldn't have as impressive sales. It also doesn't hurt that PS3/360 owners could also get it without having to get a brand new console

and it doesn't hurt that EVERYONE was dying for something to put in their $400 console. That's why Infamous SS sold as well as it did. There are no games on the PS4 yet, so people go bat-shit crazy over anything that does come out. If a game like this came out in 2017 when the PS4/XB1 had an established libraries, it wouldn't have as impressive sales. It also doesn't hurt that PS3/360 owners could also get it without having to get a brand new console
it has nothing to do with that. This game has been hyped since e3 2012 everyone when crazy over it then and continue until release

Sunk a bit more time into the single player campaign. The campaign isn't that bad. Lots to do. I hate most of the side missions. Useless filler that does nothing for me. But it's enjoyable. Nothing groundbreaking at all though.

I have a question:  Can you HACK someone from your Friendslist online?  I believe I could only do a FREE ROAM mode with my friend.  What if we want to do the hacking mode?  Sounds like they omitted it because of stat boosting, but they should have like a non-ranked mode or something.  Am I doing ssomething wrong?

it's the most repetitive game since ac1
AC1 actually gave you freedom to plan out and execute your assassinations in different manners, instead of the forced scenes of the AC games to follow. Yes, the side stuff was repetitive, but it was in the games afterwards too.

I've only played the first chapter of WD so far, but I am looking forward to seeing how it develops. I hope the gameplay opens up even more so I have options to decide how I handle each mission.

bread's done
Back