Watch Dogs (PS3/PS4) official thread

The deeper I dive into Watch Dogs, the more I love it
Couldn't agree more. When I first played it, like a lot of people, I was extremely disappointed. The controls felt completely wrong/off. Now that I gave it a little bit more time I love it. It's one of my favorite PS4 games. Actually used the L-Train to loss the cops and it worked perfectly. I've only had about 4-5 hours to play currently and there's not much I have tried yet and that excites me. I spent the first 2 hours in the little section where you start the game building up my money, before I realized that if you go into the bigger part of the city people have way more money. And I have only tried two of the digital trips and they are a great change of pace.

For those who have spent time with this game and have played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on PS4, how do the two games stack up?

Is there a massive difference between the two technology wise given that Watch Dogs had more time to develop on next gen consoles?

I'm getting AC in the mail soon and will eventually get Watch Dogs... eventually. Despite the obvious difference in setting, do you prefer one game over the other from a gameplay standpoint?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about the above too as I'll probably only play one if those as I get burnt out in those type if games very quickly. I lean more toward ACIV due to the setting. That and I loved AC2, and WD looks more like GTA which I've never cared for.

my opinion both play pretty smooth combat in both games are smooth including gun play in watch dogs. when it comes to graphics i would say ac4 looked little more crisper but seeing it was 1080 p that's expected.

For those who have spent time with this game and have played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on PS4, how do the two games stack up?

Is there a massive difference between the two technology wise given that Watch Dogs had more time to develop on next gen consoles?

I'm getting AC in the mail soon and will eventually get Watch Dogs... eventually. Despite the obvious difference in setting, do you prefer one game over the other from a gameplay standpoint?
I prefer Watch Dogs. That is though because I played an Assassin's Creed game and IV is essentially the same game as every other one except you travel on a boat, upgrade your ship, fight other ships, etc. Besides that it's go to island, get view points, find collectables, etc. If you never played an Assassin's Creed before, then I would probably edge Assassin's Creed.

Watch Dogs feels a little more fresher in the gameplay. Sure it's GTA based, but the hacking adds a nice touch.

Graphics, both are fine. I would say Assassin's Creed looks better, but both don't really take full advantage of next gen.

I would like to mention that the side missions (Gang Hideouts, Fixer Contracts, etc) are more fun than side missions in GTA. I'm not even done with Act 2 and I've already completed all gang hideouts, checked in at all 100 locations, and completed the necessary random crimes to get all the trophies

After finishing the first day I went to sleep. Yawn.. very poetic that I was ready to go to sleep as well. Hope it gets better. Glad i didnt download it so I can sell or trade it.

my opinion both play pretty smooth combat in both games are smooth including gun play in watch dogs. when it comes to graphics i would say ac4 looked little more crisper but seeing it was 1080 p that's expected.
It also doesn't hurt that AC4 had that Pirates of the Caribbean theme and everything looks so colorful. Watch Dogs plays it safe with the cliche dark, gritty, realistic city which isn't nearly as nice to look at

Went ahead and opted to pick this up after missing the $20 deal for Black Flag from Gamefly--and a friend has been raving about Watch Dogs.

Ordered this and a Gold Headset from Best Buy for store pick up later today after lunch with a friend.

Finally completed the Alone Digital Trip and got the outfit. The robots at the last few generators were ridiculous. They basically just spawn on top of you every few seconds.

Tried the flower jumping trip as well but I cannot get a gold medal on any course I tried.

I wish it had bank mission and can you hack ATM or just people bank account on there phones and laptop

So hey, I'm just curious what's everyone's thoughts on the extra 60 min exclusive gameplay (Xbox One dude)? I played my exclusive Breakthrough mission from BB and it was just a variant on criminal convoy, a little disappointing.

So hey, I'm just curious what's everyone's thoughts on the extra 60 min exclusive gameplay (Xbox One dude)? I played my exclusive Breakthrough mission from BB and it was just a variant on criminal convoy, a little disappointing.
You'd have to smack me over the head to tell you where it is. I have no idea if I've played it yet or what it is lol.

You'd have to smack me over the head to tell you where it is. I have no idea if I've played it yet or what it is lol.
Yeah IGN just threw up their videos on them. I guess look for exclusive contract but I hear they're also available on the PC with the Deluxe Edition. Lol exclusives.

About 30 minutes and all the same kind of mission?

Finally got to spend some time with this game over the weekend and Im loving it! Its definitely on par with GTA 5 IMO. Graphics look great on the ps4. Remote play also works incredibly well control wise.

Anyone have any tips for those criminal convoy missions? It sucks having to take down a guy with about 5-6 people shooting at you in the process, lol.

Input a few hours into this yesterday and mostly like it so far. The graphics are good, but definitely suffered from being cross gen compared to something like Infamous.

I love the mission/side quest variety though with the AR games, digital trips etc. Definitely a ton to do in the game. Biggest gripe so far is that the driving sucks. I'll never understand why these GTA type games always have shitty controls/physics for driving.

Anyone have any tips for those criminal convoy missions? It sucks having to take down a guy with about 5-6 people shooting at you in the process, lol.
My method for beating all of them. Park a car perpendicular to the direction the convoy is coming from and cover behind it. Use the grenade launcher to take out the guide vehicle. Max Payne it up with excessive use of bullet time.

Using these 3 steps, the Convoys will be pretty easy

My method for beating all of them. Park a car perpendicular to the direction the convoy is coming from and cover behind it. Use the grenade launcher to take out the guide vehicle. Max Payne it up with excessive use of bullet time.

Using these 3 steps, the Convoys will be pretty easy
Lol, that's exactly what I did, upgrading to tier two when I went all demolition man on everybody. I also got one convoy on a bridge that I triggered, it was shooting gallery time aye that!

Yep, also the Instant fail stealth missions when spotted suck too.
After playing most of the game stealth, the game gives you plenty of player feedback if you are being detected. Many other games try this and annoyingly fail.

The driving you'll get used to or you will depending on your open world experience. It was a challenge at first but I'd say after 15 hours or so I learned the driving mechanic. It's actually good driving as after a while you'll be drifting around corners in a muscle car or weaving in and out of traffic with a sports car or bike.

After playing most of the game stealth, the game gives you plenty of player feedback if you are being detected. Many other games try this and annoyingly fail.

The driving you'll get used to or you will depending on your open world experience. It was a challenge at first but I'd say after 15 hours or so I learned the driving mechanic. It's actually good driving as after a while you'll be drifting around corners in a muscle car or weaving in and out of traffic with a sports car or bike.
Hopefully I'll get used to the driving, and unless Im missing something, I find it very odd that there's no blindfire. How can there not be blindfire in this game? lol

Hopefully I'll get used to the driving, and unless Im missing something, I find it very odd that there's no blindfire. How can there not be blindfire in this game? lol
Mmmm I agree, as the first notion is to shoot out of the car thanks in large part to Grand Theft Auto. I think Ubisoft said that Aiden is using his smartphone while driving. Hah, the only time to drive and use your phone, in a video game (but will not people emulate this in real life?). Alert Fox News

Mmmm I agree, as the first notion is to shoot out of the car thanks in large part to Grand Theft Auto. I think Ubisoft said that Aiden is using his smartphone while driving. Hah, the only time to drive and use your phone, in a video game (but will not people emulate this in real life?). Alert Fox News
Not being able to shoot from your car is another thing that bothers me, lol Not as much as no blindfiring from cover though. A crouch button woud've been nice too.

The only time you can fire out of a car is when you're riding shotgun and another person is driving (online play, obv.)

I finished the main campaign and now I'm going around and tying up loos ends. Can anyone tell me why Weapons Trade mission 8 isn't showing up on the map? I was in Act 2 when they stopped showing up and now I'm at the end and still nothing

Since the online is currently pretty broken, anyone want to party up tomorrow and farm hacking and descryption to help me platinum the game?

They are a Tetris-piece looking symbol, first one is in the SW corner of The Loop. None of the bonus missions from Sony or retailer DLC exclusives will show up until you get past the halfway point of Act 1. I would do them as soon as they are unlocked as they don't make sense if you do them after Act 1 b/c you get these missions from "DedSec."

First 3 missions are trail a car within 35m of it to upload a virus while taking out fixers trying to stop you, take out the car after the download is done and melee take down the driver, then upload the data and avoid the cops.

Fourth mission is infiltrate a bank, upload a virus while dodging/taking out an Elite, Enforcer, and a Sniper, then escaping a 5-star police chase. Escaping the chase is super easy since they give you a warning that a blackout is coming which will give you plenty of time to find a vehicle by the bank and run away from the police search grid before the blackout ends. Escaping a 5-star police chase is a trophy/achievement FYI.

You get an extra battery slot for beating all 4 missions, plus cash and XP with each mission. The white suit is available as soon as you install the 1 MB download and is visible in all cutscenes so it's worth having as I think it looks cooler.

Watch Dogs looks great, but you can see the seams which they had to hold back to keep the same game on 360/PS3. They will have to do what AC is doing with seperate games per gen or develop in different engines a la Forza Horizon 2 to get the full next-gen only experience.

Still on Act 1. I have over just over 25% of the game completed. Damn sidequests, lol.

After I finish up as much of those as I can, gonna farm the online, get those three cheevos and then onto the main story finally, lol.

The fourth mission sounds cool, infiltrating a bank, uploading a virus, nice! The other tailing missions looked boring and same 'ol same old. Like the default Vigilante outfit so the other, I bought em all with the tons of money my guys got anyway, jacket pre-order bonuses and what not really don't interest me.

I did not realize that the reason I hadn't been online-hacked was because I hadn't finished the 4th campaign mission that triggers the tutorial. Sidequests had been keeping me pretty busy.

fuck these Online Hackings. I love it when you spawn right in the open and it's like here you go, trail the guy but there is literally no place to hide without you being found.

Is this game worth it on the PS4 if I already played most of it on the PS3? I was about to finish it when I sold everything and bought a PS4 last night.

That Drinking Game is seriously making me want to just stop playing altogether and trade the game in.

I want to platnium this game, but that Drinking Game...

Played through most of act 2 on my x1 then realized I missed my ps4. So I swapped my x1 for ps4 copy at target and I'm getting to the same point I left off. I feel like the game is a little more buggy on the ps4 than the x1 and I'm not sure why. It could just be me, but things like crime detections where the criminal never shows up or getting spotted when I know I can't be seen are really throwing me off.

Played this a little more up to act IV and realized the story really isn't as good as I'd hoped it'd be.  Too cliche and predictable so far, but the combat is still somewhat fun at least.  The hacking portions are getting annoying and cumbersome to figure out, which is pretty much a big failure considering it's the focus of the game lol.  This game would have drowned if they released it last year among better games so I pretty much called it being mediocre after they delayed.

Played through most of act 2 on my x1 then realized I missed my ps4. So I swapped my x1 for ps4 copy at target and I'm getting to the same point I left off. I feel like the game is a little more buggy on the ps4 than the x1 and I'm not sure why. It could just be me, but things like crime detections where the criminal never shows up or getting spotted when I know I can't be seen are really throwing me off.
NO! Playstation can do no wrong and anything developed for it is equally 100% flawless

Played this a little more up to act IV and realized the story really isn't as good as I'd hoped it'd be. Too cliche and predictable so far, but the combat is still somewhat fun at least. The hacking portions are getting annoying and cumbersome to figure out, which is pretty much a big failure considering it's the focus of the game lol. This game would have drowned if they released it last year among better games so I pretty much called it being mediocre after they delayed.
what hacking stuff is hard? yes it can be challenge but if you sit down and think it's easy. Games are not met to be easy people for crying out loud. Yes the story is predictable but i suck me in for most of it it's interesting and awsome to play a game like this. So far watch dogs is my game of the year for me after couple let down's like titanfall and second son.

As I figured, since I tend to hate GTA type games, it didn't take me long to get sick of this. I just get super bored and frustrated with games that involve a lot of fleeing from cops or whatever, especially with crummy driving controls.

Listed it on Amazon, debating on picking up Black Flag, or just focusing on Vita and PS3 for a while.

bread's done
Back