Watch Dogs (PS3/PS4) official thread

[quote name="dmaul1114" post="11848028" timestamp="1402974058"]As I figured, since I tend to hate GTA type games, it didn't take me long to get sick of this. I just get super bored and frustrated with games that involve a lot of fleeing from cops or whatever, especially with crummy driving controls.

Listed it on Amazon, debating on picking up Black Flag, or just focusing on Vita and PS3 for a while.[/quote]

Black Flag is pretty good. The sailing portion of the game is excellent, if a bit on the repetitive side, the rest of the game is similar to previous AC games.

I agree, it's a disservice to call this game mediocre.
I wouldn't go that far. It's a good game for the genre, the genre just isn't for me at all. Just a bad purchase out of wanting something new to play on PS4 during this drought when I should just focus on my Vita and PS3 backlogs and PS4 PS+ games(which I'm going to do from now until Destiny--other than the beta of course).

It does seem that demand for this game fizzled out after the huge launch sales though. Usually when I list a game on Amazon at the lowest current price for a like new copy it sells within an hour. I've had it listed at low price since last night...hope it sells soon as I don't want to lower the price below $40.

I wouldn't go that far. It's a good game for the genre, the genre just isn't for me at all. Just a bad purchase out of wanting something new to play on PS4 during this drought when I should just focus on my Vita and PS3 backlogs and PS4 PS+ games(which I'm going to do from now until Destiny--other than the beta of course).

It does seem that demand for this game fizzled out after the huge launch sales though. Usually when I list a game on Amazon at the lowest current price for a like new copy it sells within an hour. I've had it listed at low price since last night...hope it sells soon as I don't want to lower the price below $40.
You can trade it in to BestBuy for $42.

You can trade it in to BestBuy for $42.
Thanks. I'll consider that if it doesn't sell, but I'd rather just get the cash since there aren't any games I want before Destiny.

Edit: I guess the bitching work as I just got the seller notification from Amazon. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what your gaming preferences are, and I'm saying this politely as possible, but it seems like you bought the wrong system. I say this because I've got plenty to play on my X1.

I don't know what your gaming preferences are, and I'm saying this politely as possible, but it seems like you bought the wrong system. I say this because I've got plenty to play on my X1.
There's not a single exclusive on X1 that appeals to me yet. I more just should have waited until Destiny to take the next gen plunge like I originally planned. But I did love Second Son, liked MLB The Show and have enjoyed some of the download games from PS+ so it hasn't been a total waste. Plus the Destiny Alpha was great and the Beta is next month.

My gaming tastes are just pretty narrow as I really only dig narrative driven shooters, coop shooters like Borderlands, WRPGs, some open world action games (I.e. infamous, Arkham City, but not GTA type stuff), a few JRPGS and that's about it. Occasionally mix in a platformer or some interactive movie/novel stuff like Heavy Rain or the Telltale games.

There is some multiplatform stuff like Black Flag and Wolfenstein I'd like to play, but money is tight at the moment so I can't justify current prices when I have a bunch if stuff already that I can play on PS3, Vita and 3DS.

If UBI fixes the drinking game achievement, I will be on my way to getting the platinum. The only achievements I got are story achievements and the last few side missions when they unlock.

That is if UBI does fix that drinking game because I hate that.

Ran into my first glitch last night, second to last mission of Act 2.  

Still, I think this game is pretty fun and some of you guys are way too hard on it.  Its a fun game and I think its better than GTA V in some aspects (the driving does suck though)

Last mission of the game was pissing me off so much I just turned it off.  Trying to lose cops in this game is probably the least well designed aspect.

if you hack police choppers to turn them off you can escape very easy but coming from you saying that it's hard im not shocked you just over all hate the game

You can be driving a UPS van of a fucking fire truck, and yet the police/fixers can push you off the road or into traffic/obstacles with no problem whatsoever. That's annoying

Yeah, running from police is the thing that most makes me not able to get into games like this or GTA. It's just not a type of gameplay I find fun. Even running from guards in Assassin's Creed games gets old fast for me.

I'm just more into shooters, hack and slash WRPGs (Skyrim etc.) where I can just go around killing the shit out of everything and not getting into chases, having to hide etc.

I started up Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PS3 as my next game. I'm liking it ok, but wondering if it will be too stealthy for me. If there's always enough ammo that I can just kill everyone in an area when I get detected (like I did the first couple missions), then I'll be fine with it. If there are a lot of low ammo situations that lead to a lot of forced trial and error stealth crap, then I'll ditch it quickly since it was just a PS+ freebie for me.

if you hack police choppers to turn them off you can escape very easy but coming from you saying that it's hard im not shocked you just over all hate the game
Unless I'm missing some magical camera angle while driving that allows me to do that, I need to step out of the car, disable the chopper, and pray I'm not shot to death while re-entering the car to escape.

Regardless, it's shit design.

Unless I'm missing some magical camera angle while driving that allows me to do that, I need to step out of the car, disable the chopper, and pray I'm not shot to death while re-entering the car to escape.

Yeah that's why I was a little confused when I unlocked that skill and I did not see a prompt for disabling the helicopter Its basically what you said, you have to get out of the car on foot, so lose the cops on the ground first, and the best way to do that is to use a black out then you disable the helicopter and then you should be scott free. I don't know I enjoyed the police escape and depending on your tactics that you use you can get away.

Idk if I just got lucky but for most police chases I just found water and jumped in and they could never find me.

I enjoyed the game but I can see why the mediocre reviews.

You can use it while driving. It could be better but it is far from shit design.

Just get on the train and keep it moving. It may take a while but it's a guaranteed getaway every time. (From the Police that is, haven't tried that method with Fixers but I never have any problem getting away from them anyways.)

What I finally ended up doing was finding a bridge I could drive off into a car parking area to lose them.  LOS just doesn't work at all when they're chasing you, so you physically need to change elevations so they take a long way around and by then you can be hidden.

Beat the game, nothing special ending.  Silver lining was I took it to BB to trade and got ~45 for it.  Since I got the game for ~38 after GCU and pre-order $10, I got paid to play it.  Really starting to like where BB is going. . .

Idk if I just got lucky but for most police chases I just found water and jumped in and they could never find me.

I enjoyed the game but I can see why the mediocre reviews.
yeah will admit that's how i escaped most chases jump in water seeing they almost never leave the roads cops or gang members

I finished up Act 3 last night, easiest boss fight ever. Also wrapped up the city hotspots and Weapons Trade missions, in the home stretch now.

I finished up Act 3 last night, easiest boss fight ever. Also wrapped up the city hotspots and Weapons Trade missions, in the home stretch now.
That armored faggot before him killed me like 8 times before I finally beat the boss. What's worse is that I had to sit through his monologue EVERY fuckING TIME I DIED

Yeah, grenade launcher pretty much made most enemies easymode.  I wasted a ton of skill points getting the heavy takedown skill and never once used it lol.

I spammed the grenade launcher and killed that guy without much issue. Boss died with 2 headshots lol
I did soft-cover headshots for both with the vector. :) I believe the Destroyer would just one shot the heavy too, iirc.

Curious....who got the trophy for being tailed 5 times already? Playing this gsme for hours everyday and still didnt get it yet -_-. That and the drinking game trophy seems to be the most annoying ones to plat.

well I had to put my WD story on hold....was near a BB today and couldnt resist the $45 TIV.  Will probably "rent" this from GS to finish out the story and some side quests in the next week or two if my schedule allows.

Beat Pawnee and downtowns drinking game... a lot easier then people made out I only failed 2 times total.  I don't know what I am going to do about the 5 trailings.... left my game on for a whole 24 hours and didn't get a single one.  so dumb they have a dumb luck trophy like that!

About to rage quit this game.

It was fun but the missions are just riddled with bad game design choices for me, and I am not having fun. This game went from I love it to my god, why did they do this, lol.

I booted up my PS4 for the first time in about a month to download the free PS+ game and decided to take Watch Dogs out of the disc slot. I go to put in in the case and I decided to take out that U Play pamphlet for whatever reason and noticed there was a code for the PS4 exclusive content. I thought the exclusive stuff was built right into the game and now that I'm pretty much done with WD, I finally discover this.I would have never thought to look for codes printed on the insert. They need to bring back manuals because I checked the backs of those religiously for Online Passes and whatnot

I got bored with this game in a week, tops. I've been back to playing PSONE games on my Vita until the Destiny beta dropped this week. Now that is an exciting game.

bread's done
Back