What vehicle(s) do you own?

[quote name='D_Icon']True, have one for over 10 years and counting.

Illini Jeeper hey did you post a pic of your Jeep already, I haven't seen it. Is it that one in your av.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a Solar Yellow XJ... but alas, they are few and far between.

The first picture is of my old 98 Wrangler TJ Sahara.
n1935855_30164552_5460.jpg

My family and I did some stuff swapping around vehicles which wound getting it traded towards my dad's 05 Magnum, while I "got" his 00 XJ (which I'm looking forward to dumping as soon as possible, mainly due to an ugly ass color and that my dad beats the living hell out of cars *rolleyes* ).

n1935855_41570749_9061.jpg

Well, I got rid of the POS Cutlass I had and now have a 98 Grand Prix GT. It may not be as nice as the Bonneville I had before the Cutlass, but I couldn't beat the price and its in a hell of a lot better condition.

I Drive a 2006 Honda Accord Ex-L sedan with Navi, 5 speed manual.

I LOVE it, I bought it brand new (1st new car ever) and plan on running her at least 10 years.

Question for the car CAGs. Manual vs. Automatic, which is superior? I learned to drive on an auto, and we use an automatic 2001 Yukon XL at work and I had an automatic 1993 Pathfinder until the transmission kersploded a month or two ago (I forgot to refill the transmission fluid.. it had been running dry for a long time). Anyway, I had never driven an manual save for a ten-minute practice session in my dad's Accord. I wasn't very good at it at all. Like I said in my last post I bascially learned to drive my manual Focus on the way home from the dealership, but I got accustomed to it quickly.

Basically, now I like manual a little more than automatic- the only advantage to automatics is that you can just floor it and the car will go as fast as you want (to a point) without a whole lot of driver involvement. Manual just seems more fun and, well, involved (even if I can't really take adantage of "having more control" as people say, 'cause I don't know a lot about cars).

Thoughts?

[quote name='Hex']Question for the car CAGs. Manual vs. Automatic, which is superior? I learned to drive on an auto, and we use an automatic 2001 Yukon XL at work and I had an automatic 1993 Pathfinder until the transmission kersploded a month or two ago (I forgot to refill the transmission fluid.. it had been running dry for a long time). Anyway, I had never driven an manual save for a ten-minute practice session in my dad's Accord. I wasn't very good at it at all. Like I said in my last post I bascially learned to drive my manual Focus on the way home from the dealership, but I got accustomed to it quickly.

Basically, now I like manual a little more than automatic- the only advantage to automatics is that you can just floor it and the car will go as fast as you want (to a point) without a whole lot of driver involvement. Manual just seems more fun and, well, involved (even if I can't really take adantage of "having more control" as people say, 'cause I don't know a lot about cars).

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Manuals are great for cars and some truck duty, but in most trucks, I'd perfer an automatic.

Some may wonder what my reasoning is behind this, but it's quite simple. If you are an off-roader or will be going through any sort of semi-deep mud or water, when you go to shift gears with a manual transmission, you'll get all sorts of gunk into your clutch plate, and you'll have an unpleasant expense to deal with. If you have an auto that's vented properly, you shouldn't have any problems. Lotta 4 wheeling guys who tackle rocks also like automatics because they say it lets them focus more on the terrain than having to mess with gearing.

Now as far as cars, I think manuals are pretty nice, unless you live in a congested area where shifting becomes more of a pain keeping up with stop and go traffic. However, the DSG manu-matic from VW is simply amazing. An auto transmission that, while being 200lbs heavier than the manual, will beat the standard transmission in terms of shifting and acceleration. I know someone on this board has one of these, maybe he can pipe in a few words.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']The first time I saw a Sky from behind and I had no idea what the car was, my first thought was "Wow, check out that cool expensive italian sports car over there!". I went over and looked and was extremely confused to see a Saturn badge. It is a very nice looking car.

Anyhow, here is what I drive. 2004 Dodge SRT-4:

CAB50DDC091A0804.jpg

[/quote]

Add another Dodge 2004 SRT-4 owner here (in Electric Blue), my SRTforums.com handle is Nolimits as well if your on there. Had mine since 04 too.

Don't let the GT or Mach 1 owners scare ya, its the Cobra guys we are in more league with.

i own a 2005 dodge neon sxt 10k, 2007 nissan versa 2k and a 92 buick lasabre 93k. I drive the buick everyday and love it, the other 2 pretty much just sit in my garage.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']2006 4 Runner
2002 Ford Explorer
1992 Jeep
1990 Pick-Up

They all fit in the drive way too :/[/QUOTE]

Why do you personally need 4 vehicles? Just curious thats all

[quote name='Hex']Question for the car CAGs. Manual vs. Automatic, which is superior? I learned to drive on an auto, and we use an automatic 2001 Yukon XL at work and I had an automatic 1993 Pathfinder until the transmission kersploded a month or two ago (I forgot to refill the transmission fluid.. it had been running dry for a long time). Anyway, I had never driven an manual save for a ten-minute practice session in my dad's Accord. I wasn't very good at it at all. Like I said in my last post I bascially learned to drive my manual Focus on the way home from the dealership, but I got accustomed to it quickly.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]Manual is too tough to drive IMO. Never plan to get a manual car.

[quote name='zman73']Why do you personally need 4 vehicles? Just curious thats all[/quote]

Lol.
4 Runner was a gift.
I bought the ford explorer.
The jeep, my brother gave me.
The pick-up, my dad left it and never came back for it.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Lol.
4 Runner was a gift.
I bought the ford explorer.
The jeep, my brother gave me.
The pick-up, my dad left it and never came back for it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet... only had to buy one of them... 4 runner as a gift...wow...

[quote name='zman73']Pretty sweet... only had to buy one of them... 4 runner as a gift...wow...[/quote]

I guess.
Either way, gas is expensive, so all they do now is collect dust/dirt :/
Gas is about 4 bucks per gallon over here.

Yeah... looking over them, they are all guzzlers (I didnt get a jeep for that reason)... Id sell one or 2 of them...

My wife drives an 07 pathfinder...told her not to because it would guzzle gas... now guess who wants to take my Sky out every time she can since it gets good gas mileage...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Manual is too tough to drive IMO. Never plan to get a manual car.[/QUOTE]

You don't even have a driver's license, dude.

[quote name='zman73']Yeah... looking over them, they are all guzzlers (I didnt get a jeep for that reason)... Id sell one or 2 of them...

My wife drives an 07 pathfinder...told her not to because it would guzzle gas... now guess who wants to take my Sky out every time she can since it gets good gas mileage...[/quote]

Actually, surprisingly , the 4 runner isn't that bad.
The jeep is okay...
The ford is the worst.
I don't even use the pick-up.

I drive an Audi a4 1.8t from 2001 I believe. It's a nice little car, probably too good for me. Got it when I was in high school being the ass that I was. I wouldn't mind getting a smaller much cheaper car. I was thinking of learning how to ride a motorcycle, but unfortunately everyone around me thinks it's a coffin on 2 wheels.

As for manual vs auto... If you can handle manual, I'd say go for it. It definitely saves you gas in the long run if you keep your car moving in the lower RPMs. Lower RPMs means less gas consumed. But unless you're that jerk who likes to rev that shit to be loud and obnoxious, take up auto to save yourself gas. This wouldn't take into account replacing a manual/auto transmission in case those break.

Yeah, manuals are more fun, generally cheaper to buy, and more fuel efficient.
Depends on your driving conditions though--my wife borrowed my stick a while back, and her commute was stop and go, got really old.
My last car was an automatic (with "sport shift" so I can opt to go manual if I want), basically because my previous 3 were sticks and I was ready for automatic.

[quote name='option.iv']That looks sexy, however I hate the back end of those models, no offense.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I do not digg the wing thing.

Also about the manual thing. As my parentals tell me, it's good to learn how to drive manual, you have no idea when you will have to.

[quote name='Hex']Weird thing is, though, I have the Canadian model. It has all of the "federal" regulations and crap in the manual pertaining to Canuckistan. :lol: It doesn't have a tachometer, either. Crazy hosers.[/quote]

Nothing worse than a stickshift without a tach. WTF are the manufacturers thinking?

As for the original question:

2000 BMW 323i (5-speed getrag, natch. WITH tach :)). 69k miles, been paid off for 5 years.
2007 Lexus RX350 (wife's car). 20k miles, should be paid off by the end of the year.

Not a fan of car payments, so it'll probably be a few years before we buy another one. C7 corvette most likely, if it doesn't get canceled. 335i/535i would be my second choice.

[quote name='Hex']Question for the car CAGs. Manual vs. Automatic, which is superior? [/quote]
Manual FTMFW!!! Been driving stick for roughly 11 years, 9 of that owning one (two, actually). With the rare exception of a horrendous daily commute, I can't see myself ever owning an automatic. Standards are just too damn much fun, get gas mileage, and are safer in the winter or in hilly terrain.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Manual is too tough to drive IMO. Never plan to get a manual car.[/quote]
Wussy boy.:booty:My WIFE can drive manual without a problem, and she's not a particularly good driver. :)

The one thing I miss with my sky is the manual transmission... all they had in stock were automatics... then knowing my wife was wanting to drive it and not wanting her to learn it on a new car... I decided on going ahead with automatic

Took my nissan pickup to work the other day and realized how much fun it is to drive... the only cars I had before were all manual. The only times it got annoying were in deadlocked traffic

[quote name='geko29']Nothing worse than a stickshift without a tach. WTF are the manufacturers thinking?[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, so I basically got to learn when and how to shift based off of how the engine sounds. I guess I just generally keep the rule of 10-25mph is second gear, 25-35mph is third, 35-50 is fourth and above that is fifth for city based driving. My town is relatively spread out, so I don't have *too* much stop-and-go.

Of course, when I want to pretend I'm doing some 2Fast 2Furious shit (in my budget Focus no less :rofl:) I'll push it a little harder. :)

I am in the military and broke...so I drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and the wife drives a 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX

here are pics of my car:

dsc01392ts0.jpg

dsc01394mq8.jpg

dsc01395bq3.jpg

[quote name='SteveMcQ']^^ That car reminds me of a shark for some reason. The "gills"/vents behind the front wheels and the shape.[/quote]

Tiburon = Spanish word for shark

[quote name='geko29']Nothing worse than a stickshift without a tach. WTF are the manufacturers thinking?

As for the original question:

2000 BMW 323i (5-speed getrag, natch. WITH tach :)). 69k miles, been paid off for 5 years.
2007 Lexus RX350 (wife's car). 20k miles, should be paid off by the end of the year.

Not a fan of car payments, so it'll probably be a few years before we buy another one. C7 corvette most likely, if it doesn't get canceled. 335i/535i would be my second choice.[/QUOTE]

in another 2 years or so, i think i might grab a 135, that or an e46 m3.
i want something more tossable and raw feeling.

[quote name='b3b0p']
2110167095_4cb5ea1275.jpg
[/quote]

Is that one of them MUGEN type-R's? I saw one at Honda in DC and they wanted like $30,000 for it.. I was amazed.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Is that one of them MUGEN type-R's? I saw one at Honda in DC and they wanted like $30,000 for it.. I was amazed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a Mugen.

They don't say Type R. Just a Civic Si Mugen. It was an accident; my dad was egging me on to buy it too, which was weird. I had intentions of getting a normal Si, but was on a waiting list for about 6 months then this came in and my dealer (a good friend also) called me up to come test drive it. The markup on the normal Si, because they were (or are) so hard to find was 3-5k, so this was not much more. Plus I had a free trade in.

I bet that thing just sucks down the gas! Having fun at the pumps lately? lol.

I drive a 96 Infiniti I30.

It's not a vehicle but I also am the proud owner of a love machine. I'm a lunatic for love.

DSC00263.jpg

I love this car! Gets 35 mpg helps a lot when you drive 60+ miles everyday and i previously had a Acura Integra GSR which was stolen and then i got a Honda Civic which was totaled in a car accident of which was not my fault.

[quote name='pittpizza']I bet that thing just sucks down the gas! Having fun at the pumps lately? lol.

I drive a 96 Infiniti I30.

It's not a vehicle but I also am the proud owner of a love machine. I'm a lunatic for love.[/quote]

I wont lie, its not exactly good at the pumps. Gets 16-17MPG city, 20-21 Highway. But I also work from home 2 days a week, commute once with my wife a week, and drive solo (36 miles round trip) twice a week, so its not to bad. My family and I just went in on a Beach House together, and this was my treat to myself and wife for our weekend trips (280 Miles round trip). So its not terriable...

[quote name='REL1203']I wont lie, its not exactly good at the pumps. Gets 16-17MPG city, 20-21 Highway. But I also work from home 2 days a week, commute once with my wife a week, and drive solo (36 miles round trip) twice a week, so its not to bad. My family and I just went in on a Beach House together, and this was my treat to myself and wife for our weekend trips (280 Miles round trip). So its not terriable...[/QUOTE]

the worst rated car of the year (17 out of 100) by consumer reports.

though i think that rating treats it like an everyday vehicle, which I dont think it is at all.

[quote name='paz9x']the worst rated car of the year (17 out of 100) by consumer reports.

though i think that rating treats it like an everyday vehicle, which I dont think it is at all.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys talking about the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited on the previous page?

I almost was considering that instead of my car. Wasn't concerned with gas mileage since I barely drive. Maybe 5-10 miles a day, if that.

[quote name='paz9x']the worst rated car of the year (17 out of 100) by consumer reports.

though i think that rating treats it like an everyday vehicle, which I dont think it is at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, CR doesn't know what they're doing with the Wrangler. It gets heaps of praise from virtually every other single automotive outlet and they go and drop their pants on it.

[quote name='gofishn']Finally got around to taking a picture of my Z's side by side. Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Nice... I just recently became the proud owner of a 87 300z. I will post a pic later.

Being a Southern boy, I could only go one of two ways: pickup truck or muscle car. I chose muscle car.

It's a 2004 Mach 1. This is my fourth car and third Mustang. When I was 16 my parents gave me a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville. I was hit by a bus (his fault) and the Bonneville was totaled. After that they got me a 2002 V6 Mustang at around 17. That's when I started getting into cars. My dad gave me his 1994 V6 Mustang shortly after that. After I turned 20, I decided to get something new, something badass. I gave both Mustangs back to my dad and started looking. I really loved Mustangs, but I also considered a 350z which has decent looks and power, an RX-8, which despite being considered a "girl car" by most, I thought looked good, or a 2005 Pontiac GTO. Performance is a big deal for me, as is having an American car (Mustang being a bonus), so I went with the fastest of the lot, the Mach 1. It took forever to find one I liked, because they're pretty rare. I absolutely refused to settle for a GT. I wanted something that stood out a little more and wasn't as underpowered. Yes, there's a Mustang at every corner, but good luck finding a Mach 1. I know you import guys won't care too much, but that's all right.

587Mach_1_upload_3.jpg

587Mach_1_upload_2.jpg

288openhood.jpg

And manual is the way to go, unless driving isn't an enjoyment for you. If you're just looking to get from A-B, then go automatic. If you find even a little bit of enjoyment from driving, manual it is.

bread's done
Back