Who's your favorite Cougar OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had luck at HWV's that don't have signage up yet? There's two stores here that didn't have anything up, and one has a buttload of quality GS fodder.

My Hollywood Video never has signs up. Just ask at the front desk for the latest update from corporate and they should have a little barcode to scan on the sheet.

Liquid, I have to ask you a question. As a conservative (you are, aren't you?) who is well-educated in science, what value can you see in arguing against evolution? I'm debating with several people in the vs. forum who seem to think it's alright to elect someone who doesn't "believe" in evolution, but none of them have convinced me that this wouldn't affect their policies and seriously undermine scientific exploration.

I figure if somebody can make a coherent argument, it'd be you. The vs. forum is a cesspool of jackassery.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone had luck at HWV's that don't have signage up yet? There's two stores here that didn't have anything up, and one has a buttload of quality GS fodder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I was the Fountain Valley location a little bit ago. They lady had no clue what I was talking about, she made a call, received a fax with the barcode...all systems go.

This old dude bought a stack of Wii/X360 games...mostly shitty too, I thought he was a flipper at first but once I saw what he had, he's either going to be playing them or he's a dumbass.

I went to one that had signs but they fed me some bullshit line that the promo wasn't working even though I already did it at another store. After arguing with the dude for 5 minutes that it should work I just left since it was only 2 games.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah...I was the Fountain Valley location a little bit ago. They lady had no clue what I was talking about, she made a call, received a fax with the barcode...all systems go.

This old dude bought a stack of Wii/X360 games...mostly shitty too, I thought he was a flipper at first but once I saw what he had, he's either going to be playing them or he's a dumbass.[/QUOTE]
Haha. The store I checked out this morning had a decent amount of quality titles (multiple Fable II's and Fallout's), and a couple of older ones I'd like to rebuy for $5. Looked like a lot of stuff had been priced down too with new stickers.

[quote name='rabbitt']Liquid, I have to ask you a question. As a conservative (you are, aren't you?) who is well-educated in science, what value can you see in arguing against evolution? I'm debating with several people in the vs. forum who seem to think it's alright to elect someone who doesn't "believe" in evolution, but none of them have convinced me that this wouldn't affect their policies and seriously undermine scientific exploration.

I figure if somebody can make a coherent argument, it'd be you. The vs. forum is a cesspool of jackassery.[/QUOTE]
There's value in calling out holes in the theory, because that's how science works. There's dialogue (because no one person can solve every problem) and cold, hard fact to back things up.

That's not what you get when you run into people who are all about intelligent design or who don't believe in evolution on religious grounds. Those people are completely ignoring the evidence in front of them because they're nothing more than creationists in disguise. Intelligent design has no factual basis at all; it's a bunch of backward, ignorant people advocating bullshit.

So someone in office who doesn't believe in evolution, or who doesn't think that it's the best theory that we have (even if it is incomplete) is closing their eyes to the world. How can you trust someone like that in a position of power?

And I'm a libertarian. Conservative = liberal, these days. :/

sorry zew, didn't really find any exclusives for you... no mgs4, no hs, no lbp, etc. the only one i saw was haze, and that's pure AIDS, so on the shelf it stayed.

Fallout 3 was $50 across the board, and for some reason GTAIV 360 was $39.99 instead of $29.99 so I was out of luck there.

Scored:

2x BioShock (PS3)
2x DMC4 (PS3)
3x Farcry 2 (360)
1x Eternal Sonata (360) [TFN, you never mailed me the one you had. :( ]
1x Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
1x GTAIV (PS3)
1x The Last Remnant (360)
1x Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

Anyone have a list of TIV for most of those?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How's the Team Fortress 2 community on XBL? Is it easy to find games?[/QUOTE]
Easy to find games, hard to find games that aren't full of glitchers and cheaters.

Far Cry 2 worth $5? I skipped over it and don't need more shooters, but it's $5.

Music, I can probably find a Metroid. I'll try and grab a Fable 2 for Banky too.

The republicans are parading around the dyslexic firefighter that Sotamayor ruled against. Turns out he sued just to get his job as a firefighter.

[quote name='Liquid 2']There's value in calling out holes in the theory, because that's how science works. There's dialogue (because no one person can solve every problem) and cold, hard fact to back things up.

That's not what you get when you run into people who are all about intelligent design or who don't believe in evolution on religious grounds. Those people are completely ignoring the evidence in front of them because they're nothing more than creationists in disguise. Intelligent design has no factual basis at all; it's a bunch of backward, ignorant people advocating bullshit.

So someone in office who doesn't believe in evolution, or who doesn't think that it's the best theory that we have (even if it is incomplete) is closing their eyes to the world. How can you trust someone like that in a position of power?

And I'm a libertarian. Conservative = liberal, these days. :/[/QUOTE]

Well said. I was beginning to think I was the only one who required a person to "trust" in evolution before I trusted them.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Looking for Metroid 3. Any otter that's selling, I'm buying.[/QUOTE]

19073_metroid_prime_trilogy-v2.png

[quote name='LinkinPrime']All I saw at my HWV was crap. They did have MGS4 I got one for Mak and Zewlander if interested.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sir.

Let me know how much you're looking for. Thanks.

[quote name='Liquid 2']There's value in calling out holes in the theory, because that's how science works. There's dialogue (because no one person can solve every problem) and cold, hard fact to back things up.

And I'm a libertarian. Conservative = liberal, these days. :/[/QUOTE]

I'm a republican, thought I don't classify myself as a conservative. and I've met quite a number of creationists in the party.

The funniest thing are those who get offended by evolution. I knew one creationist at a meeting about health care. The presenter made an offhanded comment about how people have different genes. And the creationist ended up writing him a letter saying that he was offended by having evolutionary beliefs forced upon him. Though he himself was the one forcing creationist beliefs on the poor presenter through his letter. The presenter didn't mean any insult.

Intelligent design is religious philosophy. It isn't science. It's no more science than Greeks saying that lightning was caused by the Zeus.

[quote name='Rocko']I've never played a Metroid Prime game.[/QUOTE]
You're not missing anything.

I beat the first and got like 3 hours into the second. Once it clicks it is brillant.

Downloading Ikaruga, KOF, and BF1943. I decided to blow through some of my points. I guess I am going to need another point card.

If anyone got an extra Resistance 2 from Hollywood Videeya, lemme know~

A friend of mine had the R-Zone...

Somehow, worse than the Wii.

[quote name='Brak']A friend of mine had the R-Zone...

Somehow, worse than the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I bought it thinking it would be like virtual reality. I even convinced my sister to go halves on it with me. What a disappointment.

I just had the best time drinking with two old english dudes. One of them was just drunk and silly, the other kept asking me if it was ok to say "$$$$er" in the US. He said he used to let others know how bigoted they were.

I remember as a kid after watching hours of Sportscenter and Baseball Magazine watching an infomercial for the 3DO over and over and thinking its the coolest invention ever.

I hope you set that dude straight and let him know that "$$$$er" is not tolerated in Texas or 'bama, munch.

(Get into a physical altercation at the pub with some locals before you leave, qbm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back