Why is it so hard finding gamecube titles at stores?

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Sears I have been to have had several Viewtiful Joes up until about a month ago. I didn't buy it because I heard it's insanely hard and I'm not very good at games. :lol:[/quote]

Where did you hear/read that it's insanely hard? I was going to get this for my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't like hard games (and has enough that he can move on to something else).

[quote name='soonersfan60']Where did you hear/read that it's insanely hard? I was going to get this for my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't like hard games (and has enough that he can move on to something else).[/quote]

its not that hard but it is one of those games that grade you on how you do with each level so as long as your kid doesnt get hung up on that kind of stuff he should be ok. its one of those games you need to figure out what ability to use here or there to make stuff happen.

[quote name='lokizz']its not that hard but it is one of those games that grade you on how you do with each level so as long as your kid doesnt get hung up on that kind of stuff he should be ok. its one of those games you need to figure out what ability to use here or there to make stuff happen.[/quote]oh yea, i got tons of C's for C
rappy

the game itself is excellent, cel shaded visuals and 2.5d beat'em up, in terms of uniqueness this game is definitely up there, plus it was done by clover studios

[quote name='HyperWrench']I guess I've been lucky, in the last few weeks I've been able to find new, sealed copies of Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin 2 for $10 each. Now every time I'm in any store I look for their discount games bins which seem to be the place that GameCube games have now been banished to.[/quote]

Yes, definitely lucky. Especially getting Pikmin 2 sealed for $10. :drool:

[quote name='Ryukahn']Yes, definitely lucky. Especially getting Pikmin 2 sealed for $10. :drool:[/quote]

How about just getting it for $10? That's pretty good even if it was used.

[quote name='mcelfour']How about just getting it for $10? That's pretty good even if it was used.[/quote]
Got that at a rental store a few years ago, but I'm almost positive it was when it was still redily availible for $30 or so sealed.

[quote name='mcelfour']How about just getting it for $10? That's pretty good even if it was used.[/quote]

Very true as well. Just extremely jealous at his being sealed for $10. :bouncy:

[quote name='Ryukahn']Very true as well. Just extremely jealous at his being sealed for $10. :bouncy:[/quote]

I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)

I still have Fire Emblem sealed I got from Sears in May 07 for $15. I just never got around to playing it.

[quote name='mcelfour']I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)[/quote] I did buy it for the sole reason of playing it. I beleive my though process was "Hey I've always wanted to play that" and "I have $10". I didn't even know it was a sought after item.:oops:

I also take my action figures out of their original packaging so I can play with them.

[quote name='mcelfour']I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)[/quote]

i agree with you on that. i cant imagine buying a version of a game just to keep it or buying 2 one to play and one to keep sealed. most of the stuff i got through cag were games i was curious about but wouldnt pay full price for or game i knew i wanted to keep. as far as completness yeah id love to have complete games use or new but some games to me are so good or worth it as long as i can at least get the disk i dont care.

i had to settle for the game only for jedi kight jedi outcast 2 since its so hard to find. maybe someday ill find a complete copy somewhere but im just glad to have the game. the star wars games look like they will start to become rarer. i think star fox is hard to find too.

[quote name='HyperWrench']I did buy it for the sole reason of playing it. I beleive my though process was "Hey I've always wanted to play that" and "I have $10". I didn't even know it was a sought after item.:oops:

I also take my action figures out of their original packaging so I can play with them.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I don't have any sealed Transformers!

I also would like to say that if someone wants to keep a sealed copy, that's their business. I just was expressing an opinion. :)

;)[/quote]

I never said you planned on keeping it sealed. $10 sealed means it's brand spanking new when you open it. I don't like buying used games often due to being anal about who or what touches my games lol, so that's why I'm jealous you found one sealed for so cheap.

[quote name='addicted2games']Those sealed Pikmin 2's sell for about $50 each. You're lucky you can still find that game sealed.[/quote]

I saw a copy at Blockbuster for $20 sealed. I was waiting for a sale but by then it was too late. :whistle2:(

[quote name='bigdaddy']I still have Fire Emblem sealed I got from Sears in May 07 for $15. I just never got around to playing it.[/quote]

Wow lucky. EB Canada sells it for $35 used and eBay is $20+.

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap. I like my games to be complete but if it's cheap it won't matter. Just the other day I picked up StarFox Assault (no case) and Mario Golf (no manual) for $5 each.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I saw a copy at Blockbuster for $20 sealed. I was waiting for a sale but by then it was too late. :whistle2:(

Wow lucky. EB Canada sells it for $35 used and eBay is $20+.

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap. I like my games to be complete but if it's cheap it won't matter. Just the other day I picked up StarFox Assault (no case) and Mario Golf (no manual) for $5 each.[/quote]

you should be able to get those manuals from the nintendo website unless theyve stopped selling all gcube stuff.

I find that now is a good time to buy Gamecube games since the Wii is out now. Yeah I'm a generation behind but there are a lot of great games for the Gamecube that I can get for cheap.

I disagree. I think the best time was prior to Wii, or just after launch. GC games have gotten harder to find, and more expensive in the last year in my experience.

[quote name='lokizz']you should be able to get those manuals from the nintendo website unless theyve stopped selling all gcube stuff.[/quote]

If they don't have any original manuals, you might get a color printed copy. It's a bit of a gamble, or at least it was when I ordered manuals. I think I ended up at 3/4 originals. Not too bad. These were GBA manuals though, in case GC is different.

yeah alot of the top teir stuff ( if youre looking to get it new) you wont be able to find too many places unless you want to pay full price at places like cc where theyre still selling tp for 49.99. you can find most games used but then again some games new or used are damn impossible to find unless you want to pay someones jacked up price. i still say cag is a good place to get gc games since most of the people here take good care of their stuff and if you cant get them to sell it you can at least trade for it. damn this post has got me wanting to hurry up and finish my gc collection i only need a few more games most of which are easy to find. im just still not sure if i really want to pay the price for mario tennis and golf.

[quote name='mcelfour']I disagree. I think the best time was prior to Wii, or just after launch. GC games have gotten harder to find, and more expensive in the last year in my experience.[/quote]

Hmm you may be right. I didn't start actively hunting for GC games until the past few months though.

[quote name='maigoyume']i guarantee you mario tennis will NOT fall in price, i've been waiting since it released :cry:[/quote]

Cheapest I've seen is the bundle with a controller for $48 at Zellers ($60 - 20%) off. There was also a coupon for 10 off 50.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Hmm you may be right. I didn't start actively hunting for GC games until the past few months though.

Cheapest I've seen is the bundle with a controller for $48 at Zellers ($60 - 20%) off. There was also a coupon for 10 off 50.[/quote]

id actually pay that price for the game with console but i refuse to pay that price for just the game. but unfortunately for the theres no zellers in america unless they have an online store.

I still need RE4. I'm hoping with the Wii version I would be able to find a copy for cheap. I don't think I have ever seen a copy in a store through.

That and Mario Tennis I really want. Wario World (big Wario fan) I would like to find too. But pretty much now I just buy some $10 games, they are kind of fun.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']
Cheapest I've seen is the bundle with a controller for $48 at Zellers ($60 - 20%) off. There was also a coupon for 10 off 50.[/quote] I was actually going to go buy that next week, do you happen to know if the oakridge one still has it? last time i was there it did, but that was MANY months ago

id be curious to know if you all could find one at this place because id be willing to pay you for a bundle if you could score an extra one. i tried the website but they didnt have any gc stuff listed at all and being american zellers isnt a brnad of store we have ( to my knowledge).

[quote name='maigoyume']i'll see what i can find lokizz, gonna check it out today[/quote]

cool thanks for looking . if they have an extra one ill gladly pay you the price for it , shipping pluss something extra for your trouble.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I still need RE4. I'm hoping with the Wii version I would be able to find a copy for cheap. I don't think I have ever seen a copy in a store through.

That and Mario Tennis I really want. Wario World (big Wario fan) I would like to find too. But pretty much now I just buy some $10 games, they are kind of fun.[/quote]

RE4 is actually the easiest Gamecube RE game to find, probably because it's the newest and the most popular. I've never seen it new in stores though, just EB Games and ebay. It might be better to get the Wii edition since you get the extra PS2 content.

Anyone else but mcelfour have any experience with ordering manuals from Nintendo? If they're colour photocopies I won't mind, but I do prefer originals. Has anyone ever bought just cases/manuals from EB/GS?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']

Anyone else but mcelfour have any experience with ordering manuals from Nintendo? If they're colour photocopies I won't mind, but I do prefer originals. Has anyone ever bought just cases/manuals from EB/GS?[/quote]

For $2 you will not be getting color copies. I remember reading somewhere that someone ordered one and it was just a regular copy (black and white) and he was pissed off. You get what you pay for and it won't be much.

Last fall I stumbled across 2 used copies of DDR Mario Mix missing the manuals (1 for me I found in August, and 1 for my brother and his kids in Sept). The Nintendo site states that they may ship you photocopies, but I took a gamble and ordered one to see what I would receive. They sent me the original 4-color manual that shipped with the game on its release in a flat envelope. USPS bent it a little, but it was still nice and pretty.

I needed some replacement cases too (so I would not have to look at all the darn yellow stickers) so I ordered a second manual, and got lucky again.

It is a gamble as to what you will receive, photocopy or original manual -- u need to decide for yourself if it is worth a couple of dollars to gamble.

I saw this coming shortly after the Wii's release and stocked up in early 2007. It took me a while to find what I was looking for, but I rounded out my collection of about 30 AAA GC titles for mostly under $20 per game.

The one exception was the always rare Ikaruga which I bit the bullet on and paid $50 for a used copy on Ebay. Naturally the seller used the word "mint" in the description but the case and cover were pretty well beat up. :wall: Of course back in those days you couldn't leave negative feedback on a seller without fear of retribution.

At any rate, the best solution to used games that have been "gamestopped" is to order some new GC game cases from Nintendo's site. Once you get a mint case your game starts to look a hell of a lot better.

My local Gamecrazy just pulled out at least 4 more copies of Mario Sunshine for display on the shelves - I'm not sure if they just had them in the back or if they got a new shipment though.

NTolerance - Hopefully you don't start doling out negatives on eBay just because you can in May ;). I know I'm going to stop selling a few things as a result of the changes - who wants to deal with Buyer blackmail? If the game was truly that bad you could have contacted the seller and told him you weren't happy with it. And besides, if you are just a buyer the negative (IF the seller retaliated) won't effect you one bit - it hurts sellers much more though. I know I held off negging blatantly bad buyers (ones who say repeatadly they will pay "next week" and then string that out for 4-5 weeks before finally not responding any more) because of the potential for retaliatory feedback against me as a seller.

i managed to score a $40 brand new copy of ikaruga a few years back, but this was long before everyone started jumping on the bandwagon

[quote name='maigoyume']i managed to score a $40 brand new copy of ikaruga a few years back, but this was long before everyone started jumping on the bandwagon[/QUOTE]

I've been kicking myself ever since I passed on a clearance copy at my local Fred Meyer a few years ago as well. It was there forever at $39.99 and then went on clearance - probably $29.97 or so. I just didn't think that was nearly cheap enough (at the time ebay prices were only $40 or so and I was hoping for a second drop). Of course, the day I finally decided I should get it, it wasn't there any more.

But then again, I would never have gotten around to playing it, so the $30 I would have spent would have been just to "have it" and I got enough games I don't play :lol:.

[quote name='io']I've been kicking myself ever since I passed on a clearance copy at my local Fred Meyer a few years ago as well. It was there forever at $39.99 and then went on clearance - probably $29.97 or so. I just didn't think that was nearly cheap enough (at the time ebay prices were only $40 or so and I was hoping for a second drop). Of course, the day I finally decided I should get it, it wasn't there any more.

But then again, I would never have gotten around to playing it, so the $30 I would have spent would have been just to "have it" and I got enough games I don't play :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I'm not good enough at shoot em ups to justify ever getting Ikaruga. I get schooled enough on Gigawing etc. on Gametap.

:p

[quote name='maigoyume']i managed to score a $40 brand new copy of ikaruga a few years back, but this was long before everyone started jumping on the bandwagon[/quote]

I found one at GameCrazy for $19, after the bandwagon had already begun rolling. :)

Patience, local shops, and the occasional Craigslist gem are key... lots of people selling games on Craigslist won't check eBay's values on something as trivial as a Gamecube game. :)

I've been stocking up on Gamecube games for a while now and I've got most of the good stuff. Hardest to find was probably the Zelda Collector's Edition: had to shell out $25 for that gem, but luckily the seller threw in a memory card and TH Pro Skater 3. :D I'm missing Sunshine and Mario Kart, but I've little interest in both games (rather get Galaxy and MK Wii). I guess I just need Wind Waker and Master Quest to round out my Zelda collection.

I agree with the Craigslist advantage... I see postings for Pikmin 2 at $20 when they're easily $40 on eBay.

EDIT: oh, and I guess Four Swords as well.

[quote name='io']I've been kicking myself ever since I passed on a clearance copy at my local Fred Meyer a few years ago as well. It was there forever at $39.99 and then went on clearance - probably $29.97 or so. I just didn't think that was nearly cheap enough (at the time ebay prices were only $40 or so and I was hoping for a second drop). Of course, the day I finally decided I should get it, it wasn't there any more.
[/quote]same thing happened with me and skies of arcadia legends, a ton of them were up on ebay all new/sealed for $30 and i didn't bite, now i'm gonna have to suck it up and pay big $$$'s for it

The Gamecube was an under-appreciated system in its day and I am partially glad noone noticed the Cube back in the day and I was able to build an awesome collection fairly cheaply. I just completed my collection last week with the very hard to find Hori Gamecube classic controller that I bought off another CAG for $20. Here is how my collection stands

Gamecube system Platinum with Digital port
4 Nintendo Wavebirds mint condition (2 grey 2 Platinum)
Nintendo brand Platinum controller
Gameboy Player with boot disc
Nintendo Gamecube Broadband adapter
2 Nintendo brand memory card 251's
Official Nintendo Component video cable
4 Sets of DK Bongos (3 packed with games 1 in own box)
Action Replay with Freeloader
4 GBA to Gamecube cables (1 is for the GB Micro that was custom made by a CAG)
Hori Digital Classic controller (great for GBA games)

1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing with guide
Baten Kaitos sealed with guide
Baten Kaitos Origins sealed
Battalion Wars with guide
Beach Spikers
Chibi Robo sealed
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga 3 (import my brother picked up for me in Japan)
Eternal Darkness with guide
F-Zero GX with guide
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with guide
Ikaruga
Luigi's Mansion with guide
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance with guide
Metroid Prime with guide
Metroid Prime 2 sealed with guide
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Gold Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart Double Dash with guide
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 6 with microphone and big box
Megaman X command mission sealed with guide
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes with guide
Namco Museum
Odama sealed with microphone and big box
Pac Man VS
Paper Mario sealed with guide
Resident Evil 0 with guide
Resident Evil with guide
Resident Evil 2 with guide
Resident Evil 3 with guide
Resident Evil Code Veronica with guide
Resident Evil 4 Special Limited Edition with guide
Scooby Doo Night of 1000 Frights
Pikmin sealed with guide
Pikmin 2 sealed with guide
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2 with guide
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 with guide
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 pre-order disc with Star Wars Arcade Game
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Gems Collection sealed
Super Smash Bros Melee sealed with guide
Super Mario Sunshine with guide
Star Fox Adventures with guide
Star Fox Assault sealed with guide
Turok Evolution (sorry)
Wario Ware Inc
Wave Race Blue Storm with guide
Zelda 4 swords with big box with guide
Zelda Windwaker with guide
Zelda Collectors Edition with guide
Zelda Ocarina of Time with guide
Zelda Twighlight Princess with guide

All of my games are complete and non-player's choice. The sealed ones I have no problem opening when I get around to playing them. My advice to those looking for Gamecube games is to troll the trading forums on this site constantly. Good luck!

might as well post my collection too

Gamecube Black system w/ Digital out
4 Wired Nintendo controllers (platinum, jet black, indigo with clear bottom, orange spice)
1 Megaman x controller
nubytech-mega-man-x-controller-20060123053217748.jpg
4 x Bongos (2 from Japan bundle, 2 from Jungle Beat)
1 x Animal crossing 59 block mem card
1 x Nintendo 59 block mem card
1 x Nintendo 251 block mem card
1 x Generic (from HK) 251 block mem card
1 x Nintendo 1019 block mem card
Action replay w/ Freeloader

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Battalion Wars
Bomberman Generation
Chibi Robo
Custom Robo
DDR Mario Mix (with 2 official dance pads)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga (NTSC-Japanese)
Donkey Konga 2 (NTSC-Japanese)
Donkey Konga 3 (NTSC-Japanese)
Dragon Drive (NTSC-Japanese)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero GX
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Geist
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Ikaruga
I-Ninja
Karaoke Revolution Party
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms II
Mario Power Tennis
Megaman Anniversary Collection
Megaman Network Transmission
Megaman X: Command Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Odama
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Mega Collection
Soul Calibur II
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble

Still need to buy

Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos Origins
Cubivore
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Luigi's Mansion
Megaman X Collection
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Gems Collection (NTSC-Japanese includes Streets of Rage 1+2)
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

I found a :gc:1080 at my circuit city on clearance for $30. I keep waiting for a drop but I may have to pick it up at that higher price. What I'm having a hard time finding now is PoP3. Online of course. I just can't find a decent price.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I found a :gc:1080 at my circuit city on clearance for $30. I keep waiting for a drop but I may have to pick it up at that higher price. What I'm having a hard time finding now is PoP3. Online of course. I just can't find a decent price.[/quote]

I've seen many copies of PoP2 and 3 in the clearance bins in Canada. I didn't know they were hard to find elsewhere. Funny how that works. ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']Still need to buy

Animal Crossing
Baten Kaitos Origins
Cubivore
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Luigi's Mansion
Megaman X Collection
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Gems Collection (NTSC-Japanese includes Streets of Rage 1+2)
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
[/quote]

I have Baten Kaitos Origins for sale, unless you're looking for a sealed copy. Twin Snakes is $22 at EB, and Rogue Leader is $18. IMO, just buy Rogue Squadron III (Rebel Strike): you get the entire set of Rogue Leader missions (co-op though, and much harder) plus some cool bonuses from Episode II. It's only $10 at EB too.

bread's done
Back