Why is it so hard finding gamecube titles at stores?

[quote name='Doomed']BS. thecoverproject.net is higher resolution, meaning better print quality.[/QUOTE]

I need something like that for manuals.

I sold my complete Guardian Heroes high for a lot of money, but I still have the disc only. A printed manual would be uber-awesome :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Mario Power Tennis isn't difficult to find used at Gamestops around here.[/quote]

I'm not spending $40 on a used game from GS/EB. I'm a cheapass, not a dumbass. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm not spending $40 on a used game from GS/EB. I'm a cheapass, not a dumbass. :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't pay $40. I, technically speaking, paid $32, with 10% coupon and 10% edge discounts, but I paid for it with store credit that I accumulated from flipping cheap Sears 360 clearance games during the +$10 trade-in bonus. Net result is I, though I can't be exact as my records aren't perfect, probably paid about $14 for it. I doubt I could have done better on ebay even if I was vigilant about it.

I probably won't get Double Dash or Mario Tennis since Wii iterations will likely come out. I'm even thinking about selling Melee or Mario Strikers since Brawl and Charged are out, respectively.

[quote name='opportunity777']I need something like that for manuals.

I sold my complete Guardian Heroes high for a lot of money, but I still have the disc only. A printed manual would be uber-awesome :)[/quote]
TCP has a very small assortment of manuals. But they take a backseat to covers because they are a huge pain in the ass to scan and organize into a pdf.

Yeah finally got Fire Emblem: PoR: cost me $25 but at least I didn't to go through eBay.

I saw Chaos Field at an EB for $29.89: doesn't seem to be rare according to eBay.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I think Mario Kart DD is sufficiently different from Mario Kart :wii: that you could get away with both.[/quote]

How does DD compare to 64? I didn't like 64: my favourite has always been the original SNES version.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Yeah finally got Fire Emblem: PoR: cost me $25 but at least I didn't to go through eBay.

How does DD compare to 64? I didn't like 64: my favourite has always been the original SNES version.[/quote]

They get worse with each console. The N64 one I enjoyed through, it was a 3D version of the SNES one.

MK: DD sucks... badly....

I'm so glad I picked up every game published by Nintendo (and most from SEGA and Capcom too) back in Gamecube's heyday. :D

Good luck to you stragglers!

I've played DD a few races but I don't actually own it. It looked really really fun. As a whole most people bash it. Only consistent thing they say is that it feels slow. SNES rules of course and I'll always champion the return of the feather, but :ds: MK is really good as well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They get worse with each console. The N64 one I enjoyed through, it was a 3D version of the SNES one.

MK: DD sucks... badly....[/QUOTE]
The game doesn't suck, unless you go in expecting it to be exactly like the other Mario Kart titles. It's definitely not the best in the franchise, but it's still fun to play if you've got friends around...and seeing as that's always been one of the main attractions of the Mario Kart series, I think you're being too hard on it.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I'm so glad I picked up every game published by Nintendo (and most from SEGA and Capcom too) back in Gamecube's heyday. :D

Good luck to you stragglers![/QUOTE]

I got a GameCube late, so I missed out on a few titles. So far, the only one I've missed that I really regret is Pikmin 2, because of how expensive it's getting.

I never did get around to Star Fox Adventures, but since that one's dirt cheap and easy to find I'm not too concerned right now. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']They get worse with each console. The N64 one I enjoyed through, it was a 3D version of the SNES one.

MK: DD sucks... badly....[/QUOTE]

I never really enjoyed the the n64 version, but MK:DD is a ton of fun on the rare occasion you can link up multiple cubes for 8 player action

[quote name='Wolfkin']I've played DD a few races but I don't actually own it. It looked really really fun. As a whole most people bash it. Only consistent thing they say is that it feels slow. SNES rules of course and I'll always champion the return of the feather, but :ds: MK is really good as well.[/quote]

Feather >>> all

Super Circuit is pretty similar to the SNES version, but with some 64 items thrown in.

In order to clarify for anyone curious.

1. Mario Kart DS
2. Mario Kart
Tied Mario Kart 64 & Mario Kart DD
5: Mario Kart Advanced

That is all.

The Gamecube is the one system I'll never sell or trade any more games away from. I'm proud of my collection, and proud to still have a launch system with component out. Most of the games I also got for killer deals. But the reason I love the damn thing so much, aside from it being such a durable little sh*t, is how good the quality ratio of the games is.

There are just so many AAA titles. I even have a few rougher-around-the-edges titles that I'm still happy to own, because they're either incredibly unique, or incredibly good demonstrators of how powerful the system was for its time (i.e. Rogue Leader/Rebel Strike, Viewtiful Joe, Chibi-Robo, Donkey Konga).

I even bought Twilight Princess for $28 from Deep Discount when I had the chance as soon as I discovered how annoying the Wii control scheme was. Don't regret it for a second.

Love the little guy...as soon as I upgrade my LCD, I'll be sure to get one with component in so I can hook it up again and finish some of the games I never had a chance to.
Sorry, this kind of turned into a "the gamecube is awesome" post, but seeing the thread, I kinda couldn't resist. Keep on truckin, little guy.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']The game doesn't suck, unless you go in expecting it to be exactly like the other Mario Kart titles. It's definitely not the best in the franchise, but it's still fun to play if you've got friends around...and seeing as that's always been one of the main attractions of the Mario Kart series, I think you're being too hard on it.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maigoyume']personally the controls for DD weren't tight enough for my liking, 64 was fantastic, and the ds version is pure euphoria[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought MKDD was one of the best games of last gen. I bought a Gamecube in late 2003 when MKDD was brand new for the kids for Christmas. I never owned an SNES or a N64 and only played the N64 MK in emulation (I was trying some out to see if the kids would like the GC and all these Mario themed games I had never really played except for the original NES SMB - so in this case my mild foray into emulation led to $1000's in income to Nintendo as I have since bought probably over 200 GC/DS/Wii games ;)).

I have since bought the N64 one on the VC and played it like once. I simply find it unplayable next to MKDD. I would have less than no desire to try the SNES version. And I hate the d-pad controls on the DS game - never put more than an hour into it.

I think a lot of the hate for MKDD is just because people look more fondly on what they played in their youth or because they changed up the formula a bit. I don't really get it. I guess on the flip side since I played MKDD first (except for a slight amount of emu play of MK64), I find that one to be the best. I'll probably hate that you only have one char per kart in MK Wii ;).

And Pikmin 2 for $100? Wow... Just, wow... Looking at all the completed auctions I see them going up steadily in just the last couple of weeks from just over $50 to that $100+ one onikage quoted (though the next closest is $82 so $100 is somewhat of a fluke I think).

Very wierd... There seems to have been a recent spike in GC game prices for no apparent reason (it looks a lot like a pre-Christmas spike but in what should be a down period).

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-MARIO-SUN...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Super Mario Sunshine for $49.88 with $8 shipping :shock:. Just a stock photo, too, so it's not like it is an original label copy (surely it is a Player's Choice version - I don't think the seller specifies either way in his wall o' auction text). My local Gamecrazy has a few of these for sale new ($19.99 of course). And yet another one only got $11.50 a few days ago. Go figure.

It seems really asinine to me that Nintendo is not reprinting some of the AAA titles and marketing them as Wii-compatible. I think I said the same thing in this thread not too long ago. I know they want to focus on the Wii, but man, they are missing some opportunity here.

I'd almost rather see compilations. Think of this. GC discs are like what, 1.5GB? DVD ~4GB, or ~8 Dual layered (which Wii can read).

So: MP + MP2:Echoes + MP3: Corruption = 1.5 + 1.5 + 4 = 7GB < 8 GB.

You could fit the Metroid Prime series on one dual layer DVD for wii. :drool:

It would be easy to do this with other games too, Pikmin + Pikmin 2 + sequal (please!!), Donkey Conga, Rogue Squadron, whatever. It. Would. Rock.

[quote name='mcelfour']I'd almost rather see compilations. Think of this. GC discs are like what, 1.5GB? DVD ~4GB, or ~8 Dual layered (which Wii can read).

So: MP + MP2:Echoes + MP3: Corruption = 1.5 + 1.5 + 4 = 7GB < 8 GB.

You could fit the Metroid Prime series on one dual layer DVD for wii. :drool:

It would be easy to do this with other games too, Pikmin + Pikmin 2 + sequal (please!!), Donkey Conga, Rogue Squadron, whatever. It. Would. Rock.[/quote]

alot of wii owners would probably be happy for that to happen but most of the people here i think are gc owners only who arent loking to buy a wii at all.that said i feel sorry for the wii owners trying to get these games because the prices will probably keep rising as more and more games become hard to find. itll be interesting to see if metroid ever goes up since its probably the cheapest of the gamecubes well known titles.

damn 100 bucks for pikmin 2 hell id be tempted to sell mine for that much. does anyone have a list of the hardest to find gc titles and what they tend to go for? im nearing the end of my own gc collection. the few titles i want are easy enough to find i just dont want to pay what they cost right now. still not sure if luigis mansion is worth owning.

[quote name='lokizz']still not sure if luigis mansion is worth owning.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a good game and it can still be had cheaply from gamestop (used.) You should pick it up.

[quote name='lokizz']alot of wii owners would probably be happy for that to happen but most of the people here i think are gc owners only who arent loking to buy a wii at all.that said i feel sorry for the wii owners trying to get these games because the prices will probably keep rising as more and more games become hard to find. itll be interesting to see if metroid ever goes up since its probably the cheapest of the gamecubes well known titles.

damn 100 bucks for pikmin 2 hell id be tempted to sell mine for that much. does anyone have a list of the hardest to find gc titles and what they tend to go for? im nearing the end of my own gc collection. the few titles i want are easy enough to find i just dont want to pay what they cost right now. still not sure if luigis mansion is worth owning.[/quote]

I've stockpiled enough GC games to last me for years. Even though I have a Wii, I'll probably be content with Brawl (and progressive-scan GC games) until I go through my entire GC collection, by which point Nintendo's next system will probably be out and I can start snapping up AAA Wii titles on the cheap. :D

[quote name='maigoyume']I think its because it has a different cover art, I've honestly never seen that one before, i managed to sell off my copy for $60 though so i'm happy :) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200212460197&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=010[/quote]

All the "Buy it Now" listings are being bought for $50-60 as well. By comparison, Ikaruga and Skies of Arcadia are still in the $30-40 range. I sold my Pikmin 2 for $40 shipped, but what I regret most is not playing it (since it looks awesome.)

Quick browse of eBay: games like MKDD, Melee, MPT, Mario Baseball still go for $25-30.

Mildly surprising: NHL 06 goes for around $30+.

[quote name='maigoyume']if i were you i would've kept SoAL, fantastic game and one of the few rpgs on the GCN, its among my top 5 games :)[/quote]

Yeah I meant I sold Pikmin 2.

[quote name='lokizz']theres more than one pikmin 2 box?[/quote]coverart, and apparently so, UK and Japan usually get the alternates, this is the first time i've noticed US and Canada getting diff ones

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Yeah I meant I sold Pikmin 2.[/quote]
I picked up a PC version of it years ago during TRU's BOGO on PC (players choice) titles, i just bought the bundle for donkey konga 2 :)

[quote name='Rozz']I picked up the original Pikmin used for $18.[/quote]
It's $8.99 if you can find it at GameCrazy with MVP. Best $9 I've ever spent. I've got them tracking me down a Pikmin 2 for $14.99 too.

I find myself picking up older 'Cube games much more so now that I've got a Wii. So far I've got...

Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario
Mario Kart Double Dash
Animal Crossing
Mario Superstar Baseball
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Zelda Wind Waker

I know there's obvious stuff I'm missing (Metroid, Eternal Darkness, RE4, etc). I'm looking to grab solid titles that the casual 'Cube owner overlooks (read: me - I owned a 'Cube forever, but seriously neglected it). Recommendations or a must-have list?

[quote name='JJSP']It's $8.99 if you can find it at GameCrazy with MVP. Best $9 I've ever spent. I've got them tracking me down a Pikmin 2 for $14.99 too.

I find myself picking up older 'Cube games much more so now that I've got a Wii. So far I've got...

Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario
Mario Kart Double Dash
Animal Crossing
Mario Superstar Baseball
Zelda Wind Waker

I know there's obvious stuff I'm missing (Metroid, Eternal Darkness, RE4, etc). I'm looking to grab solid titles that the casual 'Cube owner overlooks (read: me - I owned a 'Cube forever, but seriously neglected it). Recommendations or a must-have list?[/quote]

cant go wrong with the star wars titles. star fox assult you arent missing much if you cant find it. the zelda games are a good buy wind waker especially but dont beat yourself up if you cant get the zelda collectors disks cheap theyre cool to have if you have to have oot and mm for the cube. the resident evil games 0-1-4 are worth owning if youe a completist then you can look for re 1, 2, 3 and code veronica( i hnk code veronica is on the gc) but 1, 2 and 3 wont come cheap.

[quote name='lokizz']cant go wrong with the star wars titles. star fox assult you arent missing much if you cant find it. the zelda games are a good buy wind waker especially but dont beat yourself up if you cant get the zelda collectors disks cheap theyre cool to have if you have to have oot and mm for the cube. the resident evil games 0-1-4 are worth owning if youe a completist then you can look for re 1, 2, 3 and code veronica( i hnk code veronica is on the gc) but 1, 2 and 3 wont come cheap.[/quote]

Whats a good price for the zelda collection? I know its going for 40 on ebay, but if I was offered 20 should I be stupid not to jump on it? Or 35 for both wind waker and zelda collection? I was in search of the Zelda $2 deal for kmart, but I dont think thats going to happen.

[quote name='ets']Whats a good price for the zelda collection? I know its going for 40 on ebay, but if I was offered 20 should I be stupid not to jump on it? Or 35 for both wind waker and zelda collection? I was in search of the Zelda $2 deal for kmart, but I dont think thats going to happen.[/quote]

Hard to say what's a "good price": I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. For me, my limit is $25 on any game, which is what I paid for the Collector's Edition.

Wind Waker goes for around $15-20 on eBay, so $35 for both is reasonable IMO.

[quote name='JJSP']It's $8.99 if you can find it at GameCrazy with MVP. Best $9 I've ever spent. I've got them tracking me down a Pikmin 2 for $14.99 too.

[/quote]

Unfortunately no GameCrazy near me... My copy didn't come with a manual however, do you still think I got a decent deal? They said I could get a manual from another store but I checked 4 others in the area and they all had numerous copies of the title but they were disc only.... why the fuck do people not keep their cases/manuals?

Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario
Mario Kart Double Dash
Animal Crossing
Mario Superstar Baseball
Zelda Wind Waker

I know there's obvious stuff I'm missing (Metroid, Eternal Darkness, RE4, etc). I'm looking to grab solid titles that the casual 'Cube owner overlooks (read: me - I owned a 'Cube forever, but seriously neglected it). Recommendations or a must-have list?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Beyond Good & Evil. Not quite as rare as some other titles but not super easy to find either. Luckily I managed to score a copy at a gamestop about 15 miles from my place. All the stuff was in great condition save the case. I ordered 5 new GC cases from Nintendo and now I have a copy that is in pristine condition. I hear it's a great game (honestly haven't played through it yet), and the GC version is the rarest.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Rozz']Unfortunately no GameCrazy near me... My copy didn't come with a manual however, do you still think I got a decent deal? They said I could get a manual from another store but I checked 4 others in the area and they all had numerous copies of the title but they were disc only.... why the fuck do people not keep their cases/manuals?[/QUOTE]

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...l=null&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&dropOff=

Lord, I hope that truncates itself. You can order a Pikmin manual directly from Nintendo for $2. :) This applies for most, if not all, major Nintendo titles in recent years.

Anyone looking for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? I just found that Konami has it for sale in their online store for $28 shipped, which is really good compared to the ~$40 it is everywhere else.

Should I post this to the main deals forum? I wanted to give the GC folks a shot first before I did, so that they don't go OOS or something due to ebayers.

bread's done
Back