Why is it so hard finding gamecube titles at stores?

[quote name='ets']Whats a good price for the zelda collection? I know its going for 40 on ebay, but if I was offered 20 should I be stupid not to jump on it? Or 35 for both wind waker and zelda collection? I was in search of the Zelda $2 deal for kmart, but I dont think thats going to happen.[/quote]

windwaker is easy to get on the cheap anywhere id suggest ebames/gamestop or wherehouse.com. as far as the collectors versions ( OOT/MM) (zelda 1&2/ OOT/Ura zelda) those will probably run you 30 to 40 each. you can luck out and maybe get a deal from someone here bt you can also probably find both on gamestop/ebgames but you may not get the box for either and if it doesnt work when you get it you will have to send it back to get a replacement.

you can still find twilight princess new but many stores still charge full price for it. id check the cag trading section first and if you dont want to then try ebgames/gamestop or wherehouse.com.

i dont know much about the zelda kmart deal bt if you have multiple kmarts you can always search.

man you all have me thinking about selling my Pikmin 2 ($100!??). Unfortunately I never beat it. I just helped my ex-girlfriend play it. I know how much fun it is. I don't think i can part with it. I'll get around to doing it myself one day.

[quote name='mcelfour']Anyone looking for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? I just found that Konami has it for sale in their online store for $28 shipped, which is really good compared to the ~$40 it is everywhere else.

Should I post this to the main deals forum? I wanted to give the GC folks a shot first before I did, so that they don't go OOS or something due to ebayers.[/quote]
WHAT!!! heck yeah I'm looking for twin snakes. I may buy that right now!

>>
Product Unit Price Quantity Sub Total Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Players Choice)
Platform: Nintendo GameCube™
In stock: usually ships within 1 - 2 days $19.99 1 $19.99 Items Total: $19.99 Shipping:
UPS - 3-5 Business days $7.99 Tax: $0.00 Grand Total: $27.98

[quote name='Rozz']Thanks for the heads up.... I'm just worried about this disclaimer:

" This is the manual that was packaged with the game. The manual you receive may be a photocopy of the original manual."[/quote]

For the record, I ordered several manuals last month and this is how they came:
Pikmin 2 - original
Metroid Prime - original
Paper Mario - original
Zelda: 4 swords - original
and I swear there was something else original, but I forget what

Fire Emblem is a color photocopy sent on full sheets of paper (8x11)

I'm a little goofy though, these are games I don't intend to ever get rid of, and I have no need for the manual, but I'm too much of a completionist to not have them. I guess I just hate picking up 'light' game cases when I pull games out.

Yeah -- I wish it was clear what was a photocopy and what was not. I'm itching to pick up a Pikmin manual, but not if it is a photocopy.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
>>
Product Unit Price Quantity Sub Total Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Players Choice)
Platform: Nintendo GameCube™
In stock: usually ships within 1 - 2 days $19.99 1 $19.99 Items Total: $19.99 Shipping:
UPS - 3-5 Business days $7.99 Tax: $0.00 Grand Total: $27.98[/quote]

Just purchased, thanks!

(Tax $1.55 in California, if that makes a diff)

[quote name='QiG']For the record, I ordered several manuals last month and this is how they came:
Pikmin 2 - original
Metroid Prime - original
Paper Mario - original
Zelda: 4 swords - original
and I swear there was something else original, but I forget what

Fire Emblem is a color photocopy sent on full sheets of paper (8x11)

I'm a little goofy though, these are games I don't intend to ever get rid of, and I have no need for the manual, but I'm too much of a completionist to not have them. I guess I just hate picking up 'light' game cases when I pull games out.[/QUOTE]

I bought a Fire Emblem booklet last year and it was the original.

Just to add to the data, I ordered a super smash bros manual about two weeks ago and it was an original copy too. Most of the GBA booklets I ordered at the same time were photocopies, but printed with a good color laser onto really thick 8.5x11 paper. Some are the same size as the real manuals, the Minish Cap manual was actually larger. I trimmed the excess off with a paper cutter so they are not quite as bulky as having full sheets of paper.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Purkeynator']I bought a Fire Emblem booklet last year and it was the original.[/quote]

Yeah, as it turns out I didn't even need it because I fucked up when I made the list of games that needed manuals. I already had a good condition copy.. what I had intended to order was a new booklet for one of the BK games because the one I have is all jacked up.

But like I said, it was last month. Since the game is getting rare, they probably ran out of stock with all the reselling going on.

So after reading through this thread, I started keeping my eye out at my local GameStops for decent GameCube games that I would want to add to my collection before they became even more scarce. I just picked up Geist, Killer 7, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and Tales of Symphonia. And I'm happy to add them to my growing collection of GCN games.

But when I checked Tales of Symphonia to see if it had the instruction booklet, I saw that the last person to own it had left their receipt in it, which I guess isn't that odd. The odd thing was that ToS wasn't the only thing on it. It also showed that person picking up their $600 PS3. Is it because it's just the pickup slip? Because otherwise, who buys something for $600 and tucks the receipt in something worth less than $20? And then sells that receipt back to the store? I dunno, I just thought it was weird.

Back on topic, thanks to everyone in this thread for helping sort out which games are "must haves" and which I can skip and not feel bad about.

[quote name='Yaxley']But when I checked Tales of Symphonia to see if it had the instruction booklet, I saw that the last person to own it had left their receipt in it, which I guess isn't that odd. The odd thing was that ToS wasn't the only thing on it. It also showed that person picking up their $600 PS3. Is it because it's just the pickup slip? Because otherwise, who buys something for $600 and tucks the receipt in something worth less than $20? And then sells that receipt back to the store? I dunno, I just thought it was weird.[/quote]

Eh, that's not so crazy... I keep receipts for my games in their cases for at least the duration of the store's return/exchange policy period. This person couldn't keep the receipt for the PS3 in a reasonable place, so s/he tucked it in a case and promptly forgot about it.

Right before I sold my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2, I found the receipt where I had bought it... I sold it for twice what I paid, 3 years later. I giggled a little.

brilliant.. keep the receipts in the game cases. I'd have never thought of that. I just keep all my receipts period filed by month/year. maybe Ishould consider this idea.

[quote name='Wolfkin']brilliant.. keep the receipts in the game cases. I'd have never thought of that. I just keep all my receipts period filed by month/year. maybe Ishould consider this idea.[/quote]
I have done this for awhile. It's a great way to go.

Weird, I recently had no problem finding copies of both MGS Twin Snakes and Tales of Symphonia when that 25% off coupon hit from Gamestop. Non Player's Choice, to boot!

I find it's easier to find Cube titles than anything else, at least for me.

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird, I recently had no problem finding copies of both MGS Twin Snakes and Tales of Symphonia when that 25% off coupon hit from Gamestop. Non Player's Choice, to boot!

I find it's easier to find Cube titles than anything else, at least for me.[/quote]used or new?

My gamestop has two copies of Tales of Symphonia, I'm thinking of purchasing one before I move out of state if I can't find one cheaper then 14.

Recently took the cube out of moth balls. Family is currently playing the mario parties, and double dash. Now I'm buying games from various sources. I too like only new, sealed games. I'm mainly using ebay to pick up the titles I want. Still looking for mario tennis, mario baseball, and RE2.

Picked up RE0, RE1,RE2,RE3, (already have 4), ssx on tour, ssx 3, waverace, viewtiful joe, ikaruga, f-zero gx, battalion wars, and soul calibur 2. Been real busy on Ebay. Purchased all new, except ikaruga.

bread's done
Back