Wii U poor sales confirmed BY NINTENDO! Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Deader2818']We get it, you don't like Nintendo or Mario. Thats cool.

Sounds like you never even touched Sunshine or either Galaxy if you think they are all the same, lol.[/QUOTE]
Played both of them. I absolutely hated Sunshine. I thought that was the worst Gamecube game I had played. Galaxy was good. Didn't bother with 2 since it was the same game. Won't play 3 or 4 or 5 or whatever the next one on Wii U is going to be either.

Cool. I'm glad you know what you like and don't.

I don't get why you hate them so much that you are rooting on them to fail, lol

You must live a sad life if thats what makes you happy.

[quote name='Deader2818']Cool. I'm glad you know what you like and don't.

I don't get why you hate them so much that you are rooting on them to fail, lol

You must live a sad life if thats what makes you happy.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I must indeed have a sad sad life unlike other people that come to defend Nintendo's uninnovative games. People that do that online must have a great life.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Some people for some stupid reason think others care about their opinion of Nintendo products. Just back back to your other console or pc and play games on there, an let Nintendo fans enjoy their own.

It's kind of sad seeing someone root so hard for something to fail that has no bearing on their life.

And yes, this is spoken from someone who's last nintendo console purchase was a GameCube. And I still play my gameboy color.[/QUOTE]
We may disagree on VS. but this is one post I can agree with wholeheartedly. I really have no idea why people put so much effort into absolutely hating a product for no other reason than its mere existence.

Blaster man's continued railing on the Wii U doesn't make him right when they announce lower than expected sales, it just makes him an asshole.
[quote name='Blaster man']I don't like "Nintendo"? You don't know what you're talking about. I neither like nor dislike "Nintendo".[/QUOTE]
Anyone that dedicates this much effort and energy into championing a console and company's failure can hardly classify themselves as indifferent.

I enjoy Nintendo video games and I have fun playing them. So yeah, I enjoy my life.

If I don't like a game I don't. I don't feel the need to go around on forums telling everyone I don't like them and how I wish they would fail.

If you only want to play very innovative games, must suck since the industry as a whole isn't very innovative anymore.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']We may disagree on VS. but this is one post I can agree with wholeheartedly. I really have no idea why people put so much effort into absolutely hating a product for no other reason than its mere existence.

Blaster man's continued railing on the Wii U doesn't make him right when they announce lower than expected sales, it just makes him an asshole.

Anyone that dedicates this much effort and energy into championing a console and company's failure can hardly classify themselves as indifferent.[/QUOTE]

You know when the Wii U does have a price cut a few years down the road like all consoles do, he'll be going around yelling "see I told you it would get a price cut! I was right!!!"

[quote name='Deader2818']You know when the Wii U does have a price cut a few years down the road like all consoles do, he'll be going around yelling "see I told you it would get a price cut! I was right!!!"[/QUOTE]

A "few years" down the road? More like THIS YEAR. That's another OBVIOUS thing that you people can't seem to see. There will be a price cut this year. Possibly as much as 100 off the current prices. I realize it hurts your ego to know that you WASTED $100 buying a console with no games when the same console (with no games) is $100 cheaper less than a year later but it WILL happen. It may only be $50. Either way, I know you're going to come around and talk about how sad of a person I am for being right. Eating crow must be painful for you people to be so upset.

Wii U won't get a price cut this year sorry.

Also, I didn't even pay 350 for my Wii U. I paid 200 out of pocket for a Wii U and 4 games.

So nah, not hurting my ego at all since I didn't waste any money lol.

?[quote name='Deader2818']You still havent explained why you have this deep hate for Nintendo and why you want them to so badly fail.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Blaster man']I don't like "Nintendo"? You don't know what you're talking about. I neither like nor dislike "Nintendo". Some of their games on the other hand, I loved playing. I even mentioned Earthbound. What I don't like is the same fucking game every goddamn year. They've been doing the CoD model with Mario longer than I can even remember.

To make matters worse, they won't have any 3rd party support with these sales and even if they did somehow manage to get NEW ports (instead of all old games everyone's already played), they won't last much longer since the Wii U won't be capable of running next gen games. So unless they start to innovate (which is something they seemed to stop doing after then N64), you're going to be stuck (only) playing New Super Mario Bros U 18 in a few years.[/QUOTE]

So them failing will do what exactly? Why are you rooting for it?

Hell, even if they stop making consoles, they will just make all their games for handhelds since they dominate that market.

Until PS4 720 come out, no one really has any clue at all what "next gen" will be or if the Wii U can run it.

What kinda games do you play anyways?

[quote name='Blaster man']A "few years" down the road? More like THIS YEAR. That's another OBVIOUS thing that you people can't seem to see. There will be a price cut this year. Possibly as much as 100 off the current prices. I realize it hurts your ego to know that you WASTED $100 buying a console with no games when the same console (with no games) is $100 cheaper less than a year later but it WILL happen. It may only be $50. Either way, I know you're going to come around and talk about how sad of a person I am for being right. Eating crow must be painful for you people to be so upset.[/QUOTE]

Please stay away from the bridge and dont feed the trolls. Wii U doesn't have ONE GIANT thing that's the reason to buy it, it's a sum of MANY.
What games did the 360 or PS3 have for a year after launch??? The Wii U has Zombii U, NSMB U, some ports of other games, PIKMIN 3, MH3:Ultimate, Bayonetta, Wind Waker HD, and later a new SMASH, Mario Kart, and a Mario Game, and the virtual console, FYI also is B/C with the wii games (which isn't true with alot of xbox games and 90% of PS3's. It REALLY annoys me when people have such console hate.
I have a PSone with LCD screen, PS2, Gamecube, XBox, had from gameboy color to DS origional, PSP, have TWO 360's, and NOW bought a Wii U, don't regret a single purchase.
EACH console has it's strength's and it's own games.
$300 was a great deal for me, Im getting a HD, more powerful Wii, the Wii U Tablet, which has the best netflix of the 3 a great internet app (posting this from it right now) and TVii is nice too, and the future Wii U games.
Just because I couldn't justify the ps3 to me because they removed b/c and had small starting HDD, doesnt mean I say it's not worth buying for OTHER people.

lol.... Why are you guys giving Blaster Man shit? He is just trying to prove a point that a lot of people here refused to acknowledge. I for one don't mind at all Nintendo going through this, they need a big kick in the ass. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a troll either, chipmeister takes the cream for that one against Nintendo.

Out of curiosity will you come back and apologize and eat your crow if it turns out to be successful? One can look at it this way, when the next consoles come out, the cheapest option will be the Wii U and parents could easily make it a huge success later this year. By the way, the same thing happened with the 3DS and I'd say it's pretty successful at this point.

As far as I can tell the next big release is Monster Hunter, I'm pretty sure it's not a system seller, but it will get some people to buy who haven't yet. The other thing you may have to factor in is the economy being where it is now, people may not want to be spending this kind of money on a new console, which could in turn hurt Sony and MS later this year if they decide to release them. I don't see why we have to crown a victor in the first 3 months of their existence. So, the numbers aren't what they hoped? And? As long as I get my games, I'm happy. New Super Mario is good fun for the family. Skylanders Wii U may be the best console version of the game. That's what I got and I'm ok with it. Admittedly, there's not a slew of great games for it right now, but it'll happen just like it does for every other system. Or did we forget that the first six months to a year of the PS3 and Xbox 360 had very few 'system sellers' and AAA titles?

I'll never understand the hate for a system. You getting kickbacks from the other console makers? Can I get on board with that? Do they use PayPal or is it direct deposit into your account? So, what's the motivation? Just because you don't like certain games doesn't mean that it's not going to move the needle for someone else. Smash Bros. is undoubtedly a system seller, as is Mario Kart. All I need at some point is a decent Metroid game or two, Advance Wars or whatever they want to call it, as long as it's tactical and turn-based, a new Zelda, a new Mario, Pokemon, Civilization V, and I'm good. Anything else beyond that is gravy.

[quote name='skiizim']lol.... Why are you guys giving Blaster Man shit? He is just trying to prove a point that a lot of people here refused to acknowledge. I for one don't mind at all Nintendo going through this, they need a big kick in the ass. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a troll either, chipmeister takes the cream for that one against Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Redeema']Out of curiosity will you come back and apologize and eat your crow if it turns out to be successful? One can look at it this way, when the next consoles come out, the cheapest option will be the Wii U and parents could easily make it a huge success later this year. By the way, the same thing happened with the 3DS and I'd say it's pretty successful at this point.

As far as I can tell the next big release is Monster Hunter, I'm pretty sure it's not a system seller, but it will get some people to buy who haven't yet. The other thing you may have to factor in is the economy being where it is now, people may not want to be spending this kind of money on a new console, which could in turn hurt Sony and MS later this year if they decide to release them. I don't see why we have to crown a victor in the first 3 months of their existence. So, the numbers aren't what they hoped? And? As long as I get my games, I'm happy. New Super Mario is good fun for the family. Skylanders Wii U may be the best console version of the game. That's what I got and I'm ok with it. Admittedly, there's not a slew of great games for it right now, but it'll happen just like it does for every other system. Or did we forget that the first six months to a year of the PS3 and Xbox 360 had very few 'system sellers' and AAA titles?

I'll never understand the hate for a system. You getting kickbacks from the other console makers? Can I get on board with that? Do they use PayPal or is it direct deposit into your account? So, what's the motivation? Just because you don't like certain games doesn't mean that it's not going to move the needle for someone else. Smash Bros. is undoubtedly a system seller, as is Mario Kart. All I need at some point is a decent Metroid game or two, Advance Wars or whatever they want to call it, as long as it's tactical and turn-based, a new Zelda, a new Mario, Pokemon, Civilization V, and I'm good. Anything else beyond that is gravy.[/QUOTE]

I never said its "going to fail", that I "hate Nintendo", or that "I want Nintendo ruined" or any other nonsense you people are reading into this. I think more competition is better. What I'm saying is that I've been posting about Nintendo's Christmas sales for weeks now and I'm shot down constantly. Now I'm vindicated and people are now going after me and making claims that I'm saying things that i have never said. It's easy to attack someone when you make shit up.

As far as Nintendo "failing" or whatever nonsense you're claiming I said, I think sales will be garbage until a price cut. So if sales turn around WITHOUT a price cut then yes, I'll come back and admit I was wrong.

[quote name='Blaster man']I never said its "going to fail", that I "hate Nintendo", or that "I want Nintendo ruined" or any other nonsense you people are reading into this. I think more competition is better. What I'm saying is that I've been posting about Nintendo's Christmas sales for weeks now and I'm shot down constantly. Now I'm vindicated and people are now going after me and making claims that I'm saying things that i have never said. It's easy to attack someone when you make shit up.

As far as Nintendo "failing" or whatever nonsense you're claiming I said, I think sales will be garbage until a price cut. So if sales turn around WITHOUT a price cut then yes, I'll come back and admit I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

A price cut really wouldn't make things better. They have nothing new to push that price cut with. It'd also set a very bad precedent going forward for them, something they wouldn't be able to sustain.

I was thinking of getting a Wii-U this year, but I just bought Monster HUnter Portable 3rd HD and don't have any reason for it this year. I may buy one in the future when Smash Bros comes out, but I don't see whats so good about the Wii-U besides the exclusives we've all known and loved. When is the Big N' gonna release a new IP?
The last one I knew about was Battlalion Wars, and I enjoyed it.

[quote name='skiizim']lol.... Why are you guys giving Blaster Man shit? He is just trying to prove a point that a lot of people here refused to acknowledge. I for one don't mind at all Nintendo going through this, they need a big kick in the ass. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a troll either, chipmeister takes the cream for that one against Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that this isn't his only posts on this exact same topic. He's contained himself to this thread this time around but at regular intervals since the Wii U has launched he just goes on these tirades against the Wii U. Frankly, at this point I'm not sure he even knows what the point he's trying to make is. He's even said himself that he'll buy a Wii U at some point so is this vitriol just because he's upset that its priced too much for him right now? Clearly if he plans on buying it there must be some redeeming qualities he finds in it.

I mean, I understand that people think it's priced too high. Anyone can go back and look at ny posts decrying the price when they announced it. I still ended up buying one on launch day though. I'm not sure what people want Nintendo to do at this point, they've already very publicly stated that they are already selling at a slight loss per unit. Any further cut in price will significantly increase that loss. Not only that but having already cut the price on the 3DS it would cause irreparable damage to Nintendo's future console launches.

Like others have eluded to, everyone measures console launches according to the current generations consoles. It's gotta have this and this and this because such and such had it. Where's the patience anymore? I remember these same things being said about the Wii U being said about just about every other console launch. Remember when the PS3 was supposed to put Sony out of business? Well now the PS3 has overtaken 360 in units shipped worldwide which indicates that it is poised to overtake the 360.

Will Wii U eventually get a price cut? Of course it will. So Blaster man is right. There's no way of absolutely predicting when that price drop occurs. Until then Blaster man is just gonna keep spouting his Wii U is dead, Wii U is getting a price cut lines until the day comes when the price cut actually happens and then he can sit back and go see, I told you. Anyone could do the same about the end of the world because we all know the world is not infinite but doing so just makes you one of those crazy people on the street corner.

The point is that one shouldn't measure the troll worthiness of his posts based on whether he will one day be proven right. Instead the fact that he has absolutely flooded the entirety of the boards with his anti-Wii U rants which are specifically constructed to get a rise out of people should be sufficient enough basis for people to call him a troll.

I know this is not a nice thing to say but from a purely selfish point of view, i kind of do want nintendo to fail. I really want them to stop making hardware and just focus on gaming. What ever system they would put there games on would have my money & i can go back to loving nintendo.
I have owned every nintendo console (including portable) except for the wii u & 3ds. I felt really burned by the wii. the waggle sticks were just an unresponsive mess. I was no longer enjoying games but so focused on trying to learn how to waggle at it that, while i owned a wii since launce, the last games i bought for it were SSB: Brawl & twilight princess. I'm just tired of there gimmiks.
There inovation has ended up crippling them. why did i have to buy controllers then have to buy additional "Motion Plus" gadgets? so they admitted there tracking was garbage & now i have to buy add on items to fix it? thank goodness i didnt early adopt a 3DS or i would have been burned by that price drop. Why do you burn me so nintendo? This must be what it feels like to love someone who is no good for you. sorry nintendo, i have to leave you. If one day you get your act together maybe we can get together again but till then i'll just have the fond memories we shared.

[quote name='gambit444']I know this is not a nice thing to say but from a purely selfish point of view, i kind of do want nintendo to fail. I really want them to stop making hardware and just focus on gaming.[/QUOTE]

I whole-heartedly agree. Nintendo has proven again that they are one generation behind in many respects (mainly internet-based functions). I love Ninty's games, but I hate buying their consoles to play them.

The problem here is if Sony/MS release their consoles at $399 a pop or if they have cheaper bundles that you can buy on a contract then Nintendo sales will immediately start falling drastically and they will be forced to cut the price.

My take on Nintendo hardware right now is that it is good, BUT its not worth paying what they charge for it. If you can somehow find it at a discount, clearance or buy barely used for a significant discount then it's good but it has too many faults for it to be worth full price. This is CAG after all, so price is everything for me. Right now I would probably pay about $150-200 for a Wii U and that is the price it's worth to me.

It's not good if Nintendo cuts the price now, then Wii U fans will feel burned, and this will be the second time Nintendo has had to cut the price of their hardware early on which is not good. If they keep doing this then no one will buy their consoles at launch and they will have set a precedent that they are a company that drops the price of their hardware within 6 months of it coming out. This will be very bad for business overall. Or is Nintendo intentionally overpricing the hardware to lure in the people that will buy at launch no matter what and to milk these people for all they can, then a few months later dropping the price so the general public will start to buy it?

Though the announcement that no price drop is coming almost certainly means that one is coming, experience tells me that as soon as a company starts denying things that is right when it will happen. I would expect a price drop this year, especially if Sony/MS release their consoles this year.

The problem with buying a Nintendo console at launch is that it is essentially a waste of money, it takes Nintendo consoles about 2-3 years to pick up steam, so you are best buying it after that time. I mean the 3DS just now has enough games on it to make it worth buying and it seems more titles are being announced for it every day, but it took long enough to get to this point. By then the price of the hardware has dropped as well, so it's a win win. It's like the DS, the phat was releases in 2004, but there was basically nothing worth buying until 2006, enter the DS lite, a far superior system with a cheaper price and software that can actually back the hardware. Looking at that situation you are basically foolish for purchasing Nintendo hardware at launch unless you absolutely must play one of the launch games or if you have too much money and don't know what to do with it. But this is CAG, and this forum is targeted at people who want to get the best price for everything so I don't think that would be the case here.

Although perhaps you were not so foolish for buying a Wii at launch as many people report buying the system, playing the games then after they were done playing they resold the package for more than they originally paid. If they wanted to buy it later on they simply bought it again at a reduced price thus netting a profit and getting to play the games at the same time.

Like I already said, even if Nintendo stops making home consoles, their games wont magically go to Sony or Microsoft, they will just all be on the 3DS.

Nintendo kills the handheld market, so its not like if they stop making consoles, they will just stop making handhelds.

Its funny that people act like its only Nintendo systems that take a year or 2 to pick up steam when PS3 and 360 took 1-2 years to get some steam going as well.

Its a new console thing, not just Nintendo.

Through all this thread, all I really see is speculation / opinion and apples vs. oranges debates, as there is no other home console hardware that can directly compare to the Wii U in terms of its release year. The last year that a home console was launched was back in 2006, things were much different economically and technologically, especially when you factor in the tablet / smart phone phenomenon that has greatly impacted the gaming landscape (not that I would like to admit that though).

The (almost) entire casual market has purchased by now at least a Wii / PS3 / 360, and the drive for that user base to get on board with another console is tepid at best (unless they have kids, which really pushed the video game market back in the late 80s to the 90s). Even if a video game virgin casual is out to get a new game console, the PS3 and 360 are going to look more attractive than their successors, based solely upon their prices.

I'll be very interested to see how the next Sony and Microsoft console launches are received, as this will tell more about the home console market than it will about any individual company. Until then, there just isn't anything solid to compare the numbers to, but I understand the need to justify your stance on the issue, whether you bought a Wii U day one, or are waiting for the eventual price drop before you dive in.

Quite honestly if the PS4/720 comes out at $400 or more I don't see any good sales from them either. I don't people except the really hardcore would go out and buy a gaming system when their 360/PS3 already does Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Plus if they come out at $500, that is low end but can still play anything PC level. With the amount of sales on PC games and the widespread support of the 360 gamepad, it would be in ones favor to switch. I mean ever since I got my gaming PC, my PS3 purchases have been strictly games not on PS3, bad PC ports or PS+ freebies.

It's a tough market out there now, for everyone.

I also think there's a good amount of resentment towards consoles right now. It just feels like a general malaise with all of them. If 720/PS4 launched with "prettier versions" of things you can also get on PS3/360/PC, I would not expect them to do well out of the gate, especially since there doesn't seem to be any major 1st party stuff coming their way soon, at least ones that'll sell systems.

And to be honest, I'm not particularly looking forward to buying another Playstation or Xbox. I'm looking to build a good gaming PC. I'm sure a lot more feel the way I do, but are waiting for the real specs of these boxes to be uncovered to start building.

I have no more room in my entertainment center, so no new console purchases for me unless I am ready to get rid of something that is already there which I probably won't be willing to do for at least the next 3-5 years. I only have 2 HDMI ports and those are taken up by the PS3/360. The only thing I can see moving the masses to buy a new console is a new Call of Duty or Halo exclusively on the next gen PS/Xbox consoles, when it isn't on the consoles we currently have. If the games come out simultaneously for the current PS3/360 and for the new consoles you won't see much in terms of sales.

I am not sure if the feature set of the new 360/PS will be enough to entice people either, when they already have something that works well and is a low price, especially if the blocking of used games becomes a reality on these systems. If PS3 and 360 prices drop even further there will be less of an incentive to buy the new console. Yes you will ultimately have people that will buy the latest console no matter what but something tells me that is not enough people to sustain complete sales of a console.

Sustained sales is where things really measure up, if things can keep selling past the holiday season, then you have a winner for a product. Needless to say the Wii was a sure fire winner as it kept selling out for a couple years until demand finally caught up with supply. The Wii U is probably hardly selling anything now, and sales will be very slow between Feb-March.

Also I forgot to mention I don't think Fire emblem is unpopular, the recent 3DS game sold out of preorders at Gamestop, which says to me at least that the series is very popular. Or a lot of hard core gamers are craving a long, involved game on the 3DS and snapped up the orders very quickly.

Well, I've been saying for a while that I think the next generation is going to see some challenges. There is a certain level of "good enough" with this generation that I don't think people are going to be as quick or spend as much money for the next generation. I don't think the gains in the next generation are going to be as huge as the ones in this generation (see the difference in impact between DVD and Blu-ray, for example.) Certainly with Sony and Microsoft going with AMD to run their next gen, they won't exactly be pushing the envelope much.

While I do think Nintendo have made some errors in putting out the WiiU, I don't think any of them are fatal. Personally, I think the launch was solid, but bad ports and lack of immediate followup is going to hurt sales. That being said, my experience with it was a positive and I might look at picking it up at some point when there is more content. That being said, it probably will be my last console purchase. Unless the other guys do something unique to get my attention, I'll be satisfied with gaming on my PC.

Fire Emblem always seems very well but at the same time, I don't think they produce a lot of them.

The one for Game Cube and Wii are already pretty rare and worth a good bit of money used.

Game releases as a whole are low atm and don't pick up till February/March. All we really had this month was DmC and Warth of the White Witch.

Nintendo does have Rayman, Lego City and Monster Hunter in Feb/March. Not system sellers by any means but does add to a good library. Hopefully games like Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 come out before June.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Blaster man is just mad because Nintendo killed his family[/QUOTE]

lol shit that made me bust up at work

By the way, if Xbox 360 and PS3 taught the public anything when their sales were being crushed by the little white box that could in the first year and everyone was talking about price cuts, it's that you don't need to drop the price if you include an extra game/controller/hard drive or any combination thereof. So, when the Deluxe later this year gets packed with Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3/Wind Waker HD/or any other Nintendo property, people won't necessarily care about the price because they're getting bonus stuff in the box.

Voila! No need for a price cut, the game doesn't cost them that much to pack in and system sales go up. Problem solved. Conversation ended.

[quote name='Redeema']By the way, if Xbox 360 and PS3 taught the public anything when their sales were being crushed by the little white box that could in the first year and everyone was talking about price cuts, it's that you don't need to drop the price if you include an extra game/controller/hard drive or any combination thereof. So, when the Deluxe later this year gets packed with Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3/Wind Waker HD/or any other Nintendo property, people won't necessarily care about the price because they're getting bonus stuff in the box.

Voila! No need for a price cut, the game doesn't cost them that much to pack in and system sales go up. Problem solved. Conversation ended.[/QUOTE]

On Black Friday there were sale prices + games packed in...

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, I've been saying for a while that I think the next generation is going to see some challenges. There is a certain level of "good enough" with this generation that I don't think people are going to be as quick or spend as much money for the next generation. I don't think the gains in the next generation are going to be as huge as the ones in this generation (see the difference in impact between DVD and Blu-ray, for example.) Certainly with Sony and Microsoft going with AMD to run their next gen, they won't exactly be pushing the envelope much.

While I do think Nintendo have made some errors in putting out the WiiU, I don't think any of them are fatal. Personally, I think the launch was solid, but bad ports and lack of immediate followup is going to hurt sales. That being said, my experience with it was a positive and I might look at picking it up at some point when there is more content. That being said, it probably will be my last console purchase. Unless the other guys do something unique to get my attention, I'll be satisfied with gaming on my PC.[/QUOTE]

This is very true, the casual buyers do not upgrade every year, and since the games out now look fine on an HDTV I don't see any major reason for upgrading other than needing the box to play the latest games. Once again you always have early adopters and people who buy stuff just to have it at launch. But with the economy I think we are seeing less of those and more casual buyers who will wait with the purchase.

Last gen was a major leap, try playing the PS2 on any HDTV, it does not look good and doesn't even have a dedicated HD port on the system. People bought HDTV's and had to upgrade their consoles to match, which gave a reason for upgrading the consoles and the TV. If you didn't upgrade or upgraded your TV but not your consoles then you had consoles that look terrible on your TV, if you bought new consoles but played them on a CRT then you weren't even getting half of the experience, IMO.

I am not sure how much better graphics can get, and since its the beginning of a new gen we probably won't see drastic performance improvements from the new consoles until 2-3 years down the road. Xbox 360 graphics have improved a lot since 2006 for example. Therefore I see little reason to upgrade unless you have a failing console that you wish to replace with the new version instead of buying another one of the old or unless you must play the latest games.

The one thing about Nintendo that irks me is the marketing. It's been so terrible. They couldn't even put out their Off-TV Play commercial because it was deemed misleading since not every game does it. But I've heard some new, better commercials will come next month.

I think Rayman Legends is going to sell pretty well to current Wii U owners because the lineup is so barren right now and it has received a good push from both Nintendo and Ubisoft (it's the only in-store demo available, and it's been that way since before Launch). And Nintendo fans by and large buy platformers, so if it's reviewed well (it will) they will go out, buy it and champion it.

And don't be surprised if Nintendo hits that software number or gets really close to it, because that includes digital sales of games as well. So...Digital Retail Games, eShop titles and $.30 Virtual Console games all go towards that number.

[quote name='Deader2818']Are you saying the Wii U was on sale black friday and had packed in games?

Cause I don't remember that at all.[/QUOTE]

Do you understand that quoting someone else then posting after it is a direct reply to that quote? Okay now that you understand that, go read the quote first.

Yes, I get that, but I wasn't sure if you were talking about the 360/ps3 or the Wii U since whatever point you made didn't seem to make any sense.

[quote name='Deader2818']Yes, I get that, but I wasn't sure if you were talking about the 360/ps3 or the Wii U since whatever point you made didn't seem to make any sense.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Sony/MS. He was saying that all Nintendo needs is some pack ins to push sales. I was pointing out that they had pack ins and lowered prices on BF by $100.

[quote name='KingBroly']The one thing about Nintendo that irks me is the marketing. It's been so terrible. They couldn't even put out their Off-TV Play commercial because it was deemed misleading since not every game does it. But I've heard some new, better commercials will come next month.

I think Rayman Legends is going to sell pretty well to current Wii U owners because the lineup is so barren right now and it has received a good push from both Nintendo and Ubisoft (it's the only in-store demo available, and it's been that way since before Launch). And Nintendo fans by and large buy platformers, so if it's reviewed well (it will) they will go out, buy it and champion it.

And don't be surprised if Nintendo hits that software number or gets really close to it, because that includes digital sales of games as well. So...Digital Retail Games, eShop titles and $.30 Virtual Console games all go towards that number.[/QUOTE]
If Nintendo were smart they would pay for a Super Bowl commercial. It's the most watched TV all year in the US. Over 100 million people watch it. They could clear up all the confusion about it and get everyone to know about it. Showing the play on tablet would be smart and could push sales as parents will like that. I'd be surprised if Nintendo advertises during it though. They seem to have the absolute worst PR company.

The situation they have with the Wii U is pretty much the definition of the need for an ad that has high publicity. Best do it quick before everyone knows about the PS4. You can be sure Sony will advertise correctly.

If they show the play on the table, They MUST communicate that it won't work within 30 feet of the system. Most people will assume that it works like an iPad(that you can take in the car, etc).

[quote name='skiizim']I for one don't mind at all Nintendo going through this, they need a big kick in the ass.[/QUOTE]

I agree they need a kick in the ass, but i doubt anything will come of it. The Japanese culture is just so close minded and have such narrow tunnel vision, they'll be wondering how they failed when the ship sinks.

As for me, I played my DS a ton, and my 3DS started picking up steam. Last time I touched the Wii was when The Last Story came out -- in Europe. Because of that, I don't plan on purchasing a Wii U. My GF wants one, even though she never finished Twilight Princess, didn't play Skyward Sword, hates Mario games, won't play Mario Kart with me, didn't like the new Donkey Kong, etc. Added to that, I really hate Nintendo's account system. So I'm really trying to be adamant about not getting one. I'll admit, I want Bayonetta 2,but not if it'll cost me $450 after tax.

Most people, IMO, are just holding on to nostalgia and refuse to hear anything bad about Nintendo. I get that. I remember how awesome the NES and SNES were, which still has my favorite RPGs. But that ship has log sailed.

[quote name='Corvin']ORLY?

Also keep in mind they killed their golden goose with Kevin Butler. They could have given him a slap on the wrist and continued on with those brilliant ads, but decided to fire and sue him instead.[/QUOTE]

If a system's golden goose is a character in an ad campaign, there is a problem.

In regards to marketing, sure. Nintendo's marketing is shit. Microsoft's is non-existent. Kevin Butler was a stroke of genius and made you sit up and pay attention.

[quote name='Corvin']In regards to marketing, sure. Nintendo's marketing is shit. Microsoft's is non-existent. Kevin Butler was a stroke of genius and made you sit up and pay attention.[/QUOTE]

Then they sued him. They made need to find another spokesperson. Marcus PSP?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back