Wii U poor sales confirmed BY NINTENDO! Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the Wii fit is that the activities get old, you can only do the same thing so many times. After a month or 2 you have done everything on the disc. So really it's lack of support for the balance board and not enough activities on the Wii fit disc. I know they released Wii Fit plus but I think that was just too little too late. If they released a version for the Wii U and updated it frequently with new downloadable activities then I think it would collect less dust. The Wii fit is one franchise that should have 1-2 games per year for it.

Say what you want about it but the Kinect is at least well supported with several to many different fitness titles available for it, I actually feel like I have more than enough games for it and some that I have not played yet.

Yeah, but on the flip side, note that they did launch with a game whose predecessor was the #5 all-time selling Wii game. I'm sure they thought that was more than enough for the launch. Yes, sure, there are other factors there (NSMB was no longer a new thing like it was with the Wii version plus there's NSMB 2 on the 3DS). But still, you have to think they looked at that as a big-time seller just based on the very list you are using to say they need to release Wii Fit.

And let's not forget that NintendoLand is supposed to cover the same niche as the #1, #3, and #4 sellers there (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Play) by being a showcase game for the new interface/controller setup. Obviously, it doesn't have the same mass appeal as those did - but still, they definitely tried to emulate what was successful for the Wii right out of the gate. You guys act like they ignored everything that happened before. If anything, maybe they tried a little too hard to copy what worked with the Wii but this time around they didn't have the novelty, the cheapness, or the market conditions that they had in 2006.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Am I the only one old enough to remember the N64 launch? Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. That was it. Compared to that, we practically drowned in game releases for the Wii U launch. :)[/QUOTE]

I remember that launch. Luckily Mario was a phenomenal game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think the problem with the Wii Fit is the problem every exercise thing has. Everyone buys them saying oh yeah I will use them, get healthier but after a month they are like fuck this, this is work :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I think Wii Fit+ could be a lot better. The yoga activities are interesting but they are short and not continuous. You spend nearly as much time clicking the remote and listening to speeches as exercising. The My Routine section is good but it is a minor feature in the game. You only get one custom routine and you still must press buttons in between each exercise. So you have to get up off your hands and knees, find the remote and point at the screen to advance.

Some of the mini games are fun, but they are more like wii sports than actual exercise. My wife used the dance step a lot, but was unimpressed with how it would stop the song if you ever lost the beat.

The software has a lot of potential, but seems to be unsure what it wants to be, and is limited to the Wii. It would be great if you could, say view your weight progress online (without using the Wii) or on an iphone app. Managing your diet and counting calories could also be a great addition.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Actually, my wife had the opposite issue with Wii Fit. She didn't think it worked you hard enough. Like Blaster Man, I used the board a long time as a weight management tool.[/QUOTE]

You misread what I said. I said we use it to weigh ourselves but not for exercise. I have machines (ie: a treadmill and an elliptical) that I own and use for actual exercise.

Oh, hey, it's another self-entitled man-child with an unreasonable vendetta against a video game company, and he's taken up a pathetic, personal crusade to unveil the "harsh truth" about how badly Nintendo is doing on a forum where nobody actually cares. I won't get into the importance of competition in Nintendo's history and the context of video games, because you're obviously a belligerent, passive-aggessive fool who can't be reasoned with. And honestly, I couldn't give a shit about what you think; one sentence into your last tirade where you justified posting all the dirt you can find on Nintendo "so ppl wil no da troof derp" and I'm surprised everyone hasn't blocked you. Must be hard to go under the false moniker "Blaster man" when you have more estrogen than your "wife." Does it sometimes feel like someone else's "wife" when you sit on "her" for an extended period of time?

Seriously, where have you seen anyone of any significance say the Wii U was doing well? Who are these reliable sources you're vehemently disproving? This thing you have against Nintendo seems to be more in your head than on these forums, because everyone who has looked at a video game website, magazine, watched any sort of video game-related show, or listened to any video game-related podcast knows that the Wii U is selling poorly. If anything, you're misconstruing facts and throwing them in the face of Nintendo fans because your childlike mind gleans satisfaction from watching Nintendo sales plummet, and that is much more idiotic and pointless than any misinformed, albeit insignificant, voice saying Nintendo sales are up.

And that makes you an ass.

[quote name='Blade']Oh, hey, it's another self-entitled man-child with an unreasonable vendetta against a video game company, and he's taken up a pathetic, personal crusade to unveil the "harsh truth" about how badly Nintendo is doing on a forum where nobody actually cares. I won't get into the importance of competition in Nintendo's history and the context of video games, because you're obviously a belligerent, passive-aggessive fool who can't be reasoned with. And honestly, I couldn't give a shit about what you think; one sentence into your last tirade where you justified posting all the dirt you can find on Nintendo "so ppl wil no da troof derp" and I'm surprised everyone hasn't blocked you. Must be hard to go under the false moniker "Blaster man" when you have more estrogen than your "wife." Does it sometimes feel like someone else's "wife" when you sit on "her" for an extended period of time?

Seriously, where have you seen anyone of any significance say the Wii U was doing well? Who are these reliable sources you're vehemently disproving? This thing you have against Nintendo seems to be more in your head than on these forums, because everyone who has looked at a video game website, magazine, watched any sort of video game-related show, or listened to any video game-related podcast knows that the Wii U is selling poorly. If anything, you're misconstruing facts and throwing them in the face of Nintendo fans because your childlike mind gleans satisfaction from watching Nintendo sales plummet, and that is much more idiotic and pointless than any misinformed, albeit insignificant, voice saying Nintendo sales are up.

And that makes you an ass.[/QUOTE]

Wow, who pissed in your wheaties today? Chill dude.

[quote name='Blade']Oh, hey, it's another self-entitled man-child with an unreasonable vendetta against a video game company, and he's taken up a pathetic, personal crusade to unveil the "harsh truth" about how badly Nintendo is doing on a forum where nobody actually cares. I won't get into the importance of competition in Nintendo's history and the context of video games, because you're obviously a belligerent, passive-aggessive fool who can't be reasoned with. And honestly, I couldn't give a shit about what you think; one sentence into your last tirade where you justified posting all the dirt you can find on Nintendo "so ppl wil no da troof derp" and I'm surprised everyone hasn't blocked you. Must be hard to go under the false moniker "Blaster man" when you have more estrogen than your "wife." Does it sometimes feel like someone else's "wife" when you sit on "her" for an extended period of time?

The wii u is a disaster worldwide.

the 3ds is a disaster in every place in the world other then japan.

deal with it.

Anyone trying to assert the 3ds is a failure despite selling 30 million is just straight up trolling. That's more units in 2 years than the original Xbox sold over its entire lifetime...

The mad is strong in this one.

I get a lot more use (and exercise) out of Kinect than I ever did the Wii Balance Board. I suppose if I was into Yoga it would be different. Wii Fit was either too much like exercise, or was only marginally - barely - exercise (the games).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Anyone trying to assert the 3ds is a failure despite selling 30 million is just straight up trolling. That's more units in 2 years than the original Xbox sold over its entire lifetime...[/QUOTE]
Agreed, the 3DS became a big success once they lowered its price...
[quote name='crunchewy']I get a lot more use (and exercise) out of Kinect than I ever did the Wii Balance Board. I suppose if I was into Yoga it would be different. Wii Fit was either too much like exercise, or was only marginally - barely - exercise (the games).[/QUOTE]
WiiFit is bad as an exercise program. How do you keep your heart rate up when you're navigating menus every 2 minutes? It's good as a way to track weight.

[quote name='Deader2818']You have made your point clear though. You personally just want to buy the console for 249.99.

Its not like you posting every chance you get on every article you find on the Internet is going to make that price point happen faster.

System needs games. Once games come out (holiday time) system will see sharp sales move up at 349.99.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that happening. The PS4 and Xbox 3 will be out during the next holiday at similar pricing and I expect it will steal any hope of Nintendo having a banner holiday in 2013.

I think you guys are dreaming if you think PS4 and neXtbox are going to be less than $399. With Connect and all that stuff, there's no way for MS to go that low. Sony won't do it either. I see both of those being at least $399, and Nintendo should smartly drop the Deluxe to $299 with digital Nintendo Land--one SKU only, except for limited time special bundles.

And the new PS and Xbox will have the same problem: few games, high prices and minor improvements. Makers will be wary of investing in new hardware when existing systems have massive install bases. People will make the same complaint that they're "failures" because more people bought PS360 bundles at a discount than the new consoles.

//why am i posting in sales figure threads augh

I think it's possible that at least Microsoft will offer a contract version of the 720 with a 2 year Live Gold subscription, and initial low cost. $199 with 2 years of Live service, or something like that. This would probably be appealing for at least some. Sony may offer something similar with a 2 year contract on paying for PS+. It's a way to get the latest and greatest at an initial low cost, and a kind of loan with benefits. I.e. going the cell phone route - reduced price with contract.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think it's possible that at least Microsoft will offer a contract version of the 720 with a 2 year Live Gold subscription, and initial low cost. $199 with 2 years of Live service, or something like that. This would probably be appealing for at least some. Sony may offer something similar with a 2 year contract on paying for PS+. It's a way to get the latest and greatest at an initial low cost, and a kind of loan with benefits. I.e. going the cell phone route - reduced price with contract.[/QUOTE]

This. I think MS will definitely do this. I've had people disparage me and tell me I'm stupid/an idiot and that its a huge waste of money for consumers. This is cheap ass gamer. We aren't the normal consumers and people coming here with the assumption this is how most people buy is a mistake. I'm sure they'll do a subsidized console and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a lot of people willing to pay more over 2 years. It's not THAT bad anyway.

If you assume that the average consumer gets a year of live at $40 (which I doubt), that's $480+tax. To buy outright with a discounted live membership.

The you have:
200 + tax + 360 (15 * 24) = 560 + tax.

480 vs 560 - most states have sales tax between 5 and 10%.
Even if you assume only 5% sales tax on the subsidized console:
Including tax it's $500 vs. $570

So assuming the consumer gets 2 years of memberships at 40 a year instead of 60 and that their sales tax is only 5%, anyone that wants the console and will already want XBL will only be paying $70 more over 2 years to pay $200 less up front. I bet a lot of people do that. Most wont even do the math.

If they live someplace like FL with 10% sales tax and they regularly pay $60 for their annual membership, this only costs them $10 more and would be a no brained.

I think this forces a $100 price drop on the Wii U.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think it's possible that at least Microsoft will offer a contract version of the 720 with a 2 year Live Gold subscription, and initial low cost. $199 with 2 years of Live service, or something like that. This would probably be appealing for at least some. Sony may offer something similar with a 2 year contract on paying for PS+. It's a way to get the latest and greatest at an initial low cost, and a kind of loan with benefits. I.e. going the cell phone route - reduced price with contract.[/QUOTE]

Between them seeing how the cell phone market can support this practice and their own tests with the $99 Xbox 360, I think it's pretty clear this program will expand with their new console. Perhaps even to the point that you can only buy it under contract (but I think that might be a bit of a long-shot). Microsoft will no doubt see Xbox live as an integral part of their system much in the same way cell phone service is essential to the use of a cell phone. I could be wrong, and I'm hoping I am because it sets a really crappy tone for the direction of the video game industry if it succeeds.

People that already have running XBL substitutions won't touch it.

Im sure Microsoft will do it, im sure there will be some people that buy it. But its still a rip off no matter how you look at it.

Honestly, until they even announce what launch games will be out for 720/Ps4, wont have any idea how well it will sale.

With Halo 4 and Gears of War already coming out, unless they have some new IP to launch,what exactly is the 720 going to offer?

[quote name='Deader2818']People that already have running XBL substitutions won't touch it.

Im sure Microsoft will do it, im sure there will be some people that buy it. But its still a rip off no matter how you look at it.

Honestly, until they even announce what launch games will be out for 720/Ps4, wont have any idea how well it will sale.

With Halo 4 and Gears of War already coming out, unless they have some new IP to launch,what exactly is the 720 going to offer?[/QUOTE]

Of course it's a rip off. I addressed that in my post. In terms of subsidies and/or accounts you pay interest on - they're all rip offs. I still think they will sell A LOT like this. As I mentioned above, not to CAG's but you can't base the regular population off of us.

It would be interesting to see how many 99 dollar 360s they have sold doing this.

Again, its a good enough "deal" for some people, but if it doesnt have some awesome game(s) at lunch, I don't think people will go for it.

A large amount of the people that would fall for that are people that use their 360 mostly for netflix, hulu, etc so they would see no point to upgrade.

[quote name='Deader2818']It would be interesting to see how many 99 dollar 360s they have sold doing this.

Again, its a good enough "deal" for some people, but if it doesnt have some awesome game(s) at lunch, I don't think people will go for it.

A large amount of the people that would fall for that are people that use their 360 mostly for netflix, hulu, etc so they would see no point to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I have no opinion on your statement that most people that do this only want media streaming. I was thinking single mother buying Xbox for teen kids and early 20's adults personally.

One podcast I listen to they "heard" the $99 Xbox was more successful than MS had expected. IMO this is just the kind of shit consumers fall for.

Your podcast seem to not me the most reliable when it comes to info.

Unless there is actual numbers to back that, I don't know if its successful or not.

But even of the single mom buying an xbox, if no good games for the 720, why buy that when you can buy a much cheaper 360 that will have GTA and the new Call of Duty for much cheaper?

[quote name='Deader2818']Your podcast seem to not me the most reliable when it comes to info.

Unless there is actual numbers to back that, I don't know if its successful or not.

But even of the single mom buying an xbox, if no good games for the 720, why buy that when you can buy a much cheaper 360 that will have GTA and the new Call of Duty for much cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the games. Right now you could claim NO GAMES are coming out for it as none have been announced. This same podcast they claimed that the next Xbox was to come out last year but that it was postponed because MS felt the kinect was giving them an extra couple years of profits. If there's any truth to that then we will know soon enough. Some multiplayer on Wednesday may be announced for PS4 and of they look like more than tech demos then that's an indication. E3 also - if there's tons of stuff announced in good playable shape then that will tell us that its likely true as well.

I'm not sure that the podcast is unreliable. It's your word against theirs and they work in the industry and have been right on a lot of stuff including the PS4 announcement back when everyone else was saying its too early and they would announce at E3 anyway. They hit the nail on the head predicting this announcement....about 4 months ago.

Since we dont know what podcast, we dont know its pedigree, but in general, the $99 xbox is a good deal for Microsoft if it moves in any quantity. They are able to sell a $320 package for $454.

I assume the hardware part of the xbox division is break even at best (especially considering the RRoD writedown), but XBL seems to print money.

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm not sure about the games. Right now you could claim NO GAMES are coming out for it as none have been announced. This same podcast they claimed that the next Xbox was to come out last year but that it was postponed because MS felt the kinect was giving them an extra couple years of profits. If there's any truth to that then we will know soon enough. Some multiplayer on Wednesday may be announced for PS4 and of they look like more than tech demos then that's an indication. E3 also - if there's tons of stuff announced in good playable shape then that will tell us that its likely true as well.

I'm not sure that the podcast is unreliable. It's your word against theirs and they work in the industry and have been right on a lot of stuff including the PS4 announcement back when everyone else was saying its too early and they would announce at E3 anyway. They hit the nail on the head predicting this announcement....about 4 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Its funny you still don't understand the difference between ANNOUNCE and LAUNCH

[quote name='moothemagiccow']And the new PS and Xbox will have the same problem: few games, high prices and minor improvements. Makers will be wary of investing in new hardware when existing systems have massive install bases. People will make the same complaint that they're "failures" because more people bought PS360 bundles at a discount than the new consoles.

//why am i posting in sales figure threads augh[/QUOTE]

PS4 and Nextbox won't have the issue of a lot of it's launch games just being games that have been out for awhile on other consoles. That's something that probably really hurt Wii U since no one is going to buy a Wii U to play Darksiders 2 or Mass Effect 3 or sports games.

They'll probably have those launch games that people will act like they're better than they are just because they're something new that will help sell the console (aka Resistance, Kameo?, and even the Wii U has ZombiU).

It might have been best if they would have waited til March or something to release the Wii U so it would have had some more unique games.

[quote name='foltzie']Since we dont know what podcast, we dont know its pedigree, but in general, the $99 xbox is a good deal for Microsoft if it moves in any quantity. They are able to sell a $320 package for $454.

I assume the hardware part of the xbox division is break even at best (especially considering the RRoD writedown), but XBL seems to print money.[/QUOTE]

The $99 Xbox is a great deal for M$. The $99 or maybe $199 for the 720 provides a low entry cost allowing many more people to buy the system at launch. Thus, M$ is able to maintain or expand their userbase increasing profitability on the software/XBL front. Meanwhile, they turn around and *sell the Ks to a third party to service them. M$ gets paid upfront and lets someone else deal with the headache.

*I'm not sure if M$ is currently selling their Ks to a third party but I'm fairly certain this is what they'll end up doing.

[quote name='whoknows']PS4 and Nextbox won't have the issue of a lot of it's launch games just being games that have been out for awhile on other consoles. That's something that probably really hurt Wii U since no one is going to buy a Wii U to play Darksiders 2 or Mass Effect 3 or sports games.

They'll probably have those launch games that people will act like they're better than they are just because they're something new that will help sell the console (aka Resistance, Kameo?, and even the Wii U has ZombiU).

It might have been best if they would have waited til March or something to release the Wii U so it would have had some more unique games.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure. If they do launch this holiday like many thing, they might just get ports of stuff like Call of Duty, GTA, Watchdogs.

It'd be a bad idea for Microsoft to have a subscription model out of the gate for 720 if the 360's subscription model still exists this fall. It'd cause a lot of consumer confusion and they would cannibalize each other.

[quote name='KingBroly']It'd be a bad idea for Microsoft to have a subscription model out of the gate for 720 if the 360's subscription model still exists this fall. It'd cause a lot of consumer confusion and they would cannibalize each other.[/QUOTE]

How would it cause a lot of consumer confusion? People buy new phones all time. In a market where new devices are released yearly. Heck, sometimes we get multiple release of the same phone within the same year. Yet, consumers seem to deal with that just fine.

[quote name='Deader2818']I wouldn't be so sure. If they do launch this holiday like many thing, they might just get ports of stuff like Call of Duty, GTA, Watchdogs.[/QUOTE]

They might, but I'd be surprised if each console didn't have one or two exclusive games that get hyped up before launch.

Besides, buying a new console to play GTA with better graphics is probably more appealing to people than buying a Wii U to play games that run the same or apparently worse in some cases.

I think people really overestimate the average consumer and how much of a graphical different there will be between the current and new consoles to the average consumer.

I'd also like to know how MS plans to enforce subscriptions against the people who cancel early. I'm sure people would try to dispute the credit card charges. Cutting off people's Xbox Live service won't have the same impact as cutting off their cell phone service (although I guess they can go to a different carrier).

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'd also like to know how MS plans to enforce subscriptions against the people who cancel early. I'm sure people would try to dispute the credit card charges. Cutting off people's Xbox Live service won't have the same impact as cutting off their cell phone service (although I guess they can go to a different carrier).[/QUOTE]

They sell off the Ks and let someone else deal with it. Just like a bank does with your mortgage or when a gym sells off your membership K.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'd also like to know how MS plans to enforce subscriptions against the people who cancel early. I'm sure people would try to dispute the credit card charges. Cutting off people's Xbox Live service won't have the same impact as cutting off their cell phone service (although I guess they can go to a different carrier).[/QUOTE]
I think they ding your credit score.

[quote name='Deader2818']I think people really overestimate the average consumer and how much of a graphical different there will be between the current and new consoles to the average consumer.[/QUOTE]

I think the graphical jump won't be as big as PS1-PS2 or PS2-PS3 but it'll still be a pretty decent jump.

I just can't imagine graphics getting a lot better than they are now, but I'm probably wrong.

They do it now, why don't you call them and ask? I think Best Buy or TRU might offer this program.

[quote name='whoknows']PS4 and Nextbox won't have the issue of a lot of it's launch games just being games that have been out for awhile on other consoles. That's something that probably really hurt Wii U since no one is going to buy a Wii U to play Darksiders 2 or Mass Effect 3 or sports games.

It might have been best if they would have waited til March or something to release the Wii U so it would have had some more unique games.[/QUOTE]
I thought Kameo was pretty good...

Someone on the previous page pointed out that Microsoft will likely sell the contract to a company that services these kinds of agreements (or perhaps a division inside their own company). They get to recognize the monies up front and the company servicing the contract has incentive to get you to pay up. At the very least your XBL service will be cutoff, there already seems to be a system in place to prevent you from trading your xbox into Gamestop and perhaps other like business. They can turn you over to a collections service or take up collections themselves. As mentioned before, they could ding your credit score.

Ultimately though, they could take you to court and probably do it in Washington and rack up other fees in the process.

The last scenario is unlikely, because it is a pain to collect in those cases, but not impossible.

Note, IANAL

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought Kameo was pretty good...[/QUOTE]

It wasn't bad.

I don't remember if people hyped that game or not which is why I put a question mark. I'm guessing yes though.

It's like Resistance. It wasn't a bad game, but it was overhyped because people who bought a PS3 at launch needed something to make it seem like it was worth it.

And people are doing the same thing with ZombiU. These are all games no one would care about if they weren't launch games.

[quote name='whoknows']It wasn't bad.

I don't remember if people hyped that game or not which is why I put a question mark. I'm guessing yes though.

It's like Resistance. It wasn't a bad game, but it was overhyped because people who bought a PS3 at launch needed something to make it seem like it was worth it.

And people are doing the same thing with ZombiU. These are all games no one would care about if they weren't launch games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the hype, I didn't get the 360 at luanch and bought Kameo used. The start was a pain in the ass. After that when the world opened up it was fun.

[quote name='Blaster man']I don't know about the hype, I didn't get the 360 at luanch and bought Kameo used. The start was a pain in the ass. After that when the world opened up it was fun.[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't remember what 360 launch game was the must have one.

I feel like it might have been Call of Duty 2, but I know Perfect Dark Zero was hyped a lot...

I think thats the thing though, 360/Ps3 didnt have any must get games at launch. Main reason why the PS2 was out selling the Ps3 was because there was so many games to get for ps2 and nothing really for ps3. PS3 had HD graphics but most people back then didnt have HD tvs to see the difference.

I bet if Microsoft still were supplying the first Xbox while the 360 was out, you would have seen the 360 sales not be as high.

The first real "must have" on the 360 was likely oblivion that came out in late march 2006.

Will PS4/720 have any "must have" exclusives though? I'm not seeing anything that will be for a long time either. Unless of course Versus XIII is a PS4 launch game (lol) and Halo 2 remake is on 720. But even then I think their appeal to get people to buy hardware for it is somewhat limited.

[quote name='KingBroly']Will PS4/720 have any "must have" exclusives though? I'm not seeing anything that will be for a long time either. Unless of course Versus XIII is a PS4 launch game (lol) and Halo 2 remake is on 720. But even then I think their appeal to get people to buy hardware for it is somewhat limited.[/QUOTE]

Any average exclusive is a must have for early adopters. A great exclusive at launch is usually just an average game if released any other time in the consoles life.

The exclusive that the 360 had in the beginning was actual high definition graphics and a viable online experience. And once halo 3 hit, it was their game to lose.

People seem to forgot how little HD graphics meant at the start considering hardly anyone owned HD tvs.

If they did matter, the Wii wouldnt have taken off as much as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back