Wii U poor sales confirmed BY NINTENDO! Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kill3r7']That's your typical BS line from a producer. The game probably was still months away from being complete. No way EA throws all that work away over a simple dispute.[/QUOTE]

No, its EA. They are trying to bully Nintendo and to making Wii U's online function on Origin which Nintendo was smart enough to say f off. Would be stupid to give a publisher totally control over your online.

With all the visor stuff in Crysis 3, it could have been pretty cool on the WiiU tablet. (those that haven't played, think Metroid Prime).

Im not bitter, lol. But this has been posted in the deals sections for awhile now.

Target is offering a $50 dollar gift card with a Wii U in two weeks. Wait for that deal if you are interested in getting one.

$50 is the perfect giftcard amount to get the only worthwhile Wii U game: Tank! Tank! Tank!

Too bad Target doesn't carry it :bomb:

[quote name='Deader2818']Im not bitter, lol. But this has been posted in the deals sections for awhile now.

Target is offering a $50 dollar gift card with a Wii U in two weeks. Wait for that deal if you are interested in getting one.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Really? I bet we see a price drop next month.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow. Really? I bet we see a price drop next month.[/QUOTE]

Again. No.

My question for you though, if the 720 and PS4 have high price points you don't agree with and don't do well, will you make threads like this as well for them?

[quote name='Deader2818']Again. No.

My question for you though, if the 720 and PS4 have high price points you don't agree with and don't do well, will you make threads like this as well for them?[/QUOTE]
If they have the same situation as Nintendo then I will:
If they come out at prices that are above what I deem acceptable and I predict they will sell poorly and fanboys tell me they're selling great because "look at the release week numbers that were announced" and "just wait till the post Xmas numbers" and I'm RIGHT about sales and the fanboys can't admit that they were wrong (in fact they lie and claim they never made these statement even though a google search shows them by the truckload) and I want a price drop prior to purchasing them then yes.

My best guess is that they'll come out at a 399.99 price point and display games that are not possible with current gen hardware and that they'll sell out throughout the holiday season. Nintendo did not do this.

If I'm wrong and they come out at 499.99 or 599.99 then hell yes I'll do this or more accurately, post in a thread that someone else creates as I'm sure there will be TONS of threads with people bitching about the high prices in that situation.

I have to admit, I'm surprised you don't think there will be a price drop. Do you think one is AT ALL possible? I think there's a good chance that we see one next month.
edit: If you read the comments on the "no price drop", the actual quote is that they are not "planning" on price drops. They never say they GUARANTEE NO PRICE DROP which is the way it's being portrayed here. In business what you plan and what happens may differ based on the facts of the business and the facts of the Wii U sure to seem to point to a price drop next month or possibly even at the tail end of this month.

Ofc its going to have a price drop at some point. All consoles do at some point. Do I think it will be soon? Hell no. I don;t think one is even possible till holidays and even then I doubt it. The price is fine and it just needs more games which are starting to now come out.

Also, if you read around, there is a lot of articles showing that even the 720 and PS4 might not sell well. They did a poll and only 1 out of every 4 gamers are even thinking about buying a new system.

Too many good games coming out still for these systems, they do what a lot of people use them for ie Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, Amazon Video etc.

Will the games look better? Sure. Will it look so great that everyone will feel like they have to run out and upgrade? Not really.

[quote name='Deader2818']Ofc its going to have a price drop at some point. All consoles do at some point. Do I think it will be soon? Hell no. I don;t think one is even possible till holidays and even then I doubt it. The price is fine and it just needs more games which are starting to now come out.

Also, if you read around, there is a lot of articles showing that even the 720 and PS4 might not sell well. They did a poll and only 1 out of every 4 gamers are even thinking about buying a new system.

Too many good games coming out still for these systems, they do what a lot of people use them for ie Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, Amazon Video etc.

Will the games look better? Sure. Will it look so great that everyone will feel like they have to run out and upgrade? Not really.[/QUOTE]

Lets put it this way, exactly 1 year ago, no price drop was announced for the 3DS but things like this were happening:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316773
icontarget.gif
Target includes a $20 gift card with the purchase of a Nintendo 3DS and a $10 gift card with The Sims 3 Showtime.
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us is holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all DS, 3DS & PS Vita games. Buy a Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita 3G system, get $25 gift card. MLB 2k12 and Mass Effect 3 both come with $10 gift cards.

DEJA VU

The issue with price drops is that supposedly Nintendo is already cutting the margin thin to non-exsistent already. They rarely operate by selling hardware at a loss.

$299 isnt a bad price compared to the 360 W/Kinect (which retails at $299), but it just isnt selling and it may be a matter of the 360 having bundle that retails for $200.

I think the $0.30 VC sale and certainly the digital promotion are attempts to offer 3DS Ambassador like perks to early adopters.

Im curious what the PS4 and Xbox 3 retail prices will be, given that they are both likely to pack exotic hardware in addition to the beefier core hardware (Kinect and Move).

[quote name='Deader2818']Ok, yes. The Wii U will be $250.00 by the end of April.

If it is, what will you give me?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a good chance it will be lowered by $50 not $100 by the end of next month. While I'm willing to admit I could be wrong (something you haven't been willing to do), I'm basing these guesses on the fact that what we're seeing in retailers is almost an exact match of what happened to the 3DS exactly 1 year ago. I have to assume the basis of your opinion is on...your opinion...and that Nintendo said they didn't "plan" on lowering the prices.

It should be noted that Nintendo may well be cutting deals with retailers to offer some of these sales, a soft price drop if you will. This isnt uncommon as a practice, but this close to launch seems unusual.

No, you're right. You made a believer out of me. Nintendo needs to drop the price by $100 and do it fast. Having games isnt going to help them at all. Its lowering the price.

You're 100% correct and I am totally wrong. I eagerly await the price drop announcement in the coming month.

[quote name='Deader2818']No, you're right. You made a believer out of me. Nintendo needs to drop the price by $100 and do it fast. Having games isnt going to help them at all. Its lowering the price.

You're 100% correct and I am totally wrong. I eagerly await the price drop announcement in the coming month.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I'm glad you came around to my way of thinking. Next month you can come here with me and do the party dance about being right (again).:rofl:

[quote name='foltzie']The issue with price drops is that supposedly Nintendo is already cutting the margin thin to non-exsistent already. They rarely operate by selling hardware at a loss.

$299 isnt a bad price compared to the 360 W/Kinect (which retails at $299), but it just isnt selling and it may be a matter of the 360 having bundle that retails for $200.

I think the $0.30 VC sale and certainly the digital promotion are attempts to offer 3DS Ambassador like perks to early adopters.

Im curious what the PS4 and Xbox 3 retail prices will be, given that they are both likely to pack exotic hardware in addition to the beefier core hardware (Kinect and Move).[/QUOTE]

Nintendo was selling at a loss originally but only barely. They're in a VERY GOOD position to lower the price and take a loss. They have 15 billion cash on hand (3x that of Sony) and only 5,000 employees (1/32 as many as Sony). They said last year that after selling JUST ONE GAME that the entire sale (the Wii U + game) is revenue positive meaning that their licensing fee on the ONE GAME (Zombie U for instance) is enough to cover the entire loss plus some. That means the loss is less than $10 per unit at launch and probably even less or a slight profit by now.

You are right Blaster. You are never wrong. I should never doubt anything you say. You are the word of god. I mean hell, Nintendo would never have to release another game again since games don't matter to move consoles.

Even if they drop the price to $250, not like it matters to me at all since I got mine for way less than that.

[quote name='deader2818']you are right blaster. You are never wrong. I should never doubt anything you say. You are the word of god. I mean hell, nintendo would never have to release another game again since games don't matter to move consoles.

Even if they drop the price to $250, not like it matters to me at all since i got mine for way less than that.[/quote]
[quote name='deader2818']im not bitter, lol. But this has been posted in the deals sections for awhile now.

Target is offering a $50 dollar gift card with a wii u in two weeks. Wait for that deal if you are interested in getting one.[/quote]
does not compute

I 100% agree with you. In fact, i think it might need to get cut down to $200 to really move units. A deluxe should prob be around that price point during the holidays to compete with the juggernauts that will be PS4 and 720.

Why does this guy have to troll so much?

It's annoying to see this thread smoother and overshadow other legitimate threads that CAGs might want to see on the front page.

What exactly is the purpose of this thread that warrants it's existence? Shouldn't this be merged into the main Nintendo Wii U thread?

It has gotten to a point where the OP is just sitting at his computer waiting for someone to leave a reply to his trolling posts. I'm sure he is loving the fact that "his thread" is on the front of CAG every time he makes a post. :wall:

The guy just lives to prove everyone he is right about everything.

Just like his pod casting saying the 720 and Ps4 would launch before e3.

[quote name='antlp89']Why does this guy have to troll so much?

It's annoying to see this thread smoother and overshadow other legitimate threads that CAGs might want to see on the front page.

What exactly is the purpose of this thread that warrants it's existence? Shouldn't this be merged into the main Nintendo Wii U thread?

It has gotten to a point where the OP is just sitting at his computer waiting for someone to leave a reply to his trolling posts. I'm sure he is loving the fact that "his thread" is on the front of CAG every time he makes a post. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I was told specifically to talk all Wii U talk about price drops and sales to this forum. So that's what I've done.

February NPDs release on the 11th. Everyone can then shut up whether January was an outlier due to returns or if the low sales #s are a trend. With the promotions this month at BBY and upcoming at Target, the Wii U is generating some interest and should also see a spike next month when March NPDs release.

little shocked more people buy the 360 then pS3... cant belive those vita numbers wonder how long until sony pulls the plug on the vita and goes

LOOK WE GOT A NEW HANDHELD COMING THIS XMAS

would not really shock me if sony would pull something like this at E3 this year or next

[quote name='slidecage']little shocked more people buy the 360 then pS3... cant belive those vita numbers wonder how long until sony pulls the plug on the vita and goes

LOOK WE GOT A NEW HANDHELD COMING THIS XMAS

would not really shock me if sony would pull something like this at E3 this year or next[/QUOTE]

That won't happen. They'll cut the price for the west, it'll get people interested in the PS4, then they'll maybe sell them in a bundle. It seems that, with connectivity features, Sony plans to have the Vita and PS4 "sell each other."
I see where you're coming from though. If the Vita were to remain as a standalone system there may have been good reason to worry (just compare the price cut week 3DS sales - 215,000 - to the price cut week Vita sales - 62,543). I know there are many factors that go into these sales but if a price cut can only pull off such a relatively short boost, how will Sony ever catch up?

[quote name='AZR43L']That won't happen. They'll cut the price for the west, it'll get people interested in the PS4, then they'll maybe sell them in a bundle. It seems that, with connectivity features, Sony plans to have the Vita and PS4 "sell each other."
I see where you're coming from though. If the Vita were to remain as a standalone system there may have been good reason to worry (just compare the price cut week 3DS sales - 215,000 - to the price cut week Vita sales - 62,543). I know there are many factors that go into these sales but if a price cut can only pull off such a relatively short boost, how will Sony ever catch up?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see a Vita bundle but I can't imagine what they'd have to charge for it. I don't see it happening either. Well, there could be some small limited bundles that are really expensive for the huge Sony Playstation fans but nothing for mass market.

I've never even touched a Vita. I read somewhere that they feel kind of cheap and that the shoulder buttons can easily get sticky (this happened to one of my PS3 controllers) which would ruin the console. Anyone know if this is true?

[quote name='Deader2818']my girlfriend owns a vita and its a pretty nice system. Havent had any issues with it at all. Great system just lacks games.[/QUOTE]

vita has MAJOR BUGS In the 1.80 software but when you upgrade to 2.10 it fixes those bugs (1.80 will make your wifi 3g disappear and have no internet on the system at all )

i got my vita March 26 2012 for 200 bucks new (amazon sold me a busted used one for 200 when i returned it they sold me a new one for the price of a used) i probally used it no more then 20 times the entire year i had it ... i use my 3ds a lot more then the vita

if i could get what i paid for it or at least 90% i would dump it in a second

[quote name='Alucard0x']There is a thread that starting 3-17 target will be offering a $50 gift card with a wii-u purchase[/QUOTE]

So I guess the question that comes to mind is, if there's a price drop in March, what happens if you buy it for 350 and get your 50 dollar gift card then take your receipt back and tell them you want a price adjustment - what happens? Will the Wii U be listed on the receipt as 300 and the GC as 50? If so then a price adjustment wouldn't do anything....

[quote name='KingBroly']You'd lose the gift card.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they back gift cards out that way. I'm pretty sure the receipt would mark the Wii U with a return value of $300 and the GC not returnable. They put deals into a special line item on the receipt usually (grouped together). Most likely you can't take advantage of both a GC and a price drop.

He also said games will cost 69.99 this gen even though sony already said they would still be 59.99.

Hes well known around the gaming community as a whole to be full of it. Hardly anything he predicts happen.

[quote name='Deader2818']No, you're right. You made a believer out of me. Nintendo needs to drop the price by $100 and do it fast. Having games isnt going to help them at all. Its lowering the price.[/QUOTE]I shouldn't say anything, but this was making me laugh.

Le sigh. :reprimands self for potentially feeding the troll:

[quote name='guinaevere']I shouldn't say anything, but this was making me laugh.

Le sigh. :reprimands self for potentially feeding the troll:[/QUOTE]

Im glad others can get my humor! ;p

The games that sold so much on wii had a huge userbase of casuals who were interested when they were on sale, its why they sold so much. Nintendo hasnt even sold 3 million systems to consumers yet worldwide. Just releasing games that are honestly not big titles like wonderful 101 or pikmin isnt going to mean squat in the long run.

And if they rush out mario *.*, then they'll be in even worse shape. Nintendo is both late and early to release, too late in comparison to competition, too early because the entire system from software of the os, to games, to features, are not ready for launch. You cant just say "lol wait till gamez come out!" and be dismissive of the entire situation, its a lot more deep of a problem then that.

When the bigger games start to come out, there will be a lot of smaller release games already out so when people buy the system to play Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario kart, Mario etc, they will have even more of a reason to get it since they will have a good library to choose from.

Monster Hunter, Lego City and Wii Fit U will be some of the bigger titles coming out. Lego games have a very strong following that people don't seem to count at all and I know quiet a few people picking up the Wii U for monster hunter.

Next week is going to annihilate my wallet. Ow.

LCU, MH3, LM2, NFSMWU, TR and MGR:R

I know they're not all Wii U games, but still...damn damn damn.

[quote name='crunchewy']I love the thread title change. :)[/QUOTE]

I took a request. :)

[quote name='itachiitachi']Can we just have the thread title changed to:
Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN!.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deader2818']He also said games will cost 69.99 this gen even though sony already said they would still be 59.99.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I have a hard time paying $20 for ANY game. $70 is just a non-starter. There are way too many other entertainment options out there these days...

[quote name='Javery']LOL. I have a hard time paying $20 for ANY game. $70 is just a non-starter. There are way too many other entertainment options out there these days...[/QUOTE]

To a certain extent he's right about the price. They haven't raised it but companies plan on making it up on the back end. Example: EA recently announced that ALL their games are going to have micro transactions.

[quote name='Blaster man']To a certain extent he's right about the price. They haven't raised it but companies plan on making it up on the back end. Example: EA recently announced that ALL their games are going to have micro transactions.[/QUOTE]

Micro transactions are optional and in no way are needed to buy to play the game.

A better point you could have brought is DLC but again, that is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back