Windows Phone 7 game discussion thread

[quote name='eastx']Ummm, Microsoft is almost certainly going to make a WP7 non-phone device (or have someone else make it). The Zune announcement is definitely a step in that direction.[/QUOTE]

Is this just an assumption, or do you know something we don't ;)

Yeah, when it does that... You might need to uninstall Castlevania and then redownload the game (thus getting the update). That would delete your save file though. You could also try powering off your phone, turning it back on, and seeing if that helps.

The update, AFAIK, fixes the game crashing on the Cards screen. Not a huge deal as it doesn't crash every time.

Deal of the week:

[youtube]0kIDu4BUMaQ[/youtube]

When does the deal of the week price kick in? I'm looking at Rocket Riot right now and it is price at $4.99.

[quote name='seanr1221']Its been active all day.[/QUOTE]

I go into "buy more games", scroll down to the game and it says $4.99. Do you have to go somewhere else to get the $2.99 price?

I see a deal of the week thing in the Xbox Live app. It still says the Star Wars game.

Reboot did not fix. Oh well, it's the deal of the week. I'm assuming my phone will fix itself with 7 days. :)

[quote name='eastx']The Pokedex looks good, Zohar! I don't play Pokemon but my brother might like that.

Also, better late than never... EastX's Rocket Riot Review[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) Hey if you'd like to review it, I can send you a dev copy of the game (assuming you have a dev account). If not, I can reimburse you the $3 that the app costs (wish Microsoft would implement promo codes or something...)

Zohar I don't have a developer-unlocked phone :( but yeah, I might be able to review it in a week or two. Will PM ya (and my brother bought it on his phone BTW).

Hoffer you can see all past Deal of the Weeks in the DotW thread's third post. No Puzzle Quest 2 yet. I can tell you though, out of Puzzle Quest 2 and Castlevania Puzzle, Castlevania is like 5 times better on WP7. Namco didn't do a great job with PQ2's WP7 port.

Also, I found out next week's Xbox Live title!

http://www.wpcentral.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-coming-xbox-live-march-23

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Zohar I don't have a developer-unlocked phone :( but yeah, I might be able to review it in a week or two. Will PM ya (and my brother bought it on his phone BTW).[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks, feel free to PM anytime.

Dang, I wanted coin golf :(

I also wish gameloft would drop more games. I've tweeted them about it but never got an answer. I know they announced Splinter Cell, but I would love spider-man, dungeon hunter or nova.

Has anyone who is playing Full House Poker on the Samsung Focus had a lot of problems with it crashing and locking up the phone ?

Was happening to me with monotonous regularity last night.

[quote name='benjamouth']Has anyone who is playing Full House Poker on the Samsung Focus had a lot of problems with it crashing and locking up the phone ?

Was happening to me with monotonous regularity last night.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the Focus and don't remember a single crash.

[quote name='seanr1221']
I also wish gameloft would drop more games. I've tweeted them about it but never got an answer. I know they announced Splinter Cell, but I would love spider-man, dungeon hunter or nova.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised Gameloft is releasing titles so cautiously. I think with games like NOVA they're waiting for Microsoft to start allowing Xbox Live games to have online play. I'd be all over Spider-Man, their Final Fantasy 13 clone, and many of their other games as long as they're priced fairly.

Full House Poker hasn't crashed even once on my Focus. Loving that game.

I have the trial of Hexic on my WP7. I stink at puzzle games, but will probably pick it up for $2.

I will definitely skip the soccer game.

Harbor Master is coming to WP7 soon?!?! Probably my first or second most played game on my iPhone. That will be a day one purchase. I already know my other top 2 most played game Plants vs Zombies is coming. :)

Only bad thing about Fable Coin anything is I've already played Fable III. So, I don't care about earning money that I can use in F3. Pub Games came out before Fable II, which made that great.

The game itself sounds like fun and there's a good chance I'll pick it up. :)

4.99 is a little steep, I was hoping for 2.99.

EastX, pull some weight around, and find out when Twin Blades is coming back, please ;)

I have a trip coming up to CA in May. I'm glad the 6 weeks of top games will happen before I go :)

Oh, I didn't notice the price. I'll definitely try the game to see if it is worth $5. Might be a good game to wait for a $3 sale. Then again, what's $2. ;)

Does anyone with With a Windows 7 phone have T mobile. I'm thinking about it, but the HD7 has shit reviews all over the place and tons of complaints on the T mobile forums. I also find it strange the Venue Pro can apparently only be bought from Dell.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Does anyone with With a Windows 7 phone have T mobile. I'm thinking about it, but the HD7 has shit reviews all over the place and tons of complaints on the T mobile forums. I also find it strange the Venue Pro can apparently only be bought from Dell.[/QUOTE]

You might want to look at AT&T as well. They announced Sunday plans to buy T-Mobile. It might not actually happen if the government doesn't like it. If it does happen, that T-Mobile phone will become an AT&T phone within a year anyway.

Yeah, because AT & T is buying out T-Mobile, you might end up being converted to AT & T and then be eligible for a Focus instead of the HD7. The HD7 isn't bad, but even the version AT & T is getting, the HD7S, will have a better screen than T-Mobile's version.

[quote name='seanr1221']
EastX, pull some weight around, and find out when Twin Blades is coming back, please ;)

I have a trip coming up to CA in May. I'm glad the 6 weeks of top games will happen before I go :)[/QUOTE]

Just for you, I asked the developer, and will let you know if he responds.

Can I ask what the trip to Cali is for? I'm thinking of attending E3 this year, myself... It's June 5-9.

[quote name='seanr1221']

I have a trip coming up to CA in May. I'm glad the 6 weeks of top games will happen before I go :)[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what the trip to Cali is for? I'm thinking of attending E3 this year, myself... It's June 5-9.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Does anyone with With a Windows 7 phone have T mobile. I'm thinking about it, but the HD7 has shit reviews all over the place and tons of complaints on the T mobile forums. I also find it strange the Venue Pro can apparently only be bought from Dell.[/QUOTE]

The HD7 isn't a bad phone, it's actually a pretty good phone. I think much better than the Venue Pro in terms in build quality (and definitely not as bulky). I haven't had any issues from my HD7. It's definitely one of the best devices available with Windows Phone 7 at the moment, so I don't think you can go wrong. Best thing to do is to try it out for the trial period.

And of course if you go on a place like the T-Mobile forums, you are mostly only going to hear complaints. I stopped going there because people are too stupid to do their research and they kept expecting their phones to shoot rainbows or print money. Too many little kids yelling about their phones.

That being said, T-Mobile was purchased by at&t, and while it may take a year or more for the transition to complete, at&t has stated that T-Mobile customers will have to buy into at&t phones eventually since T-Mobile's data network is incompatible. They are hoping that this "upgrade" of your phone comes via a regular 2-year upgrade so there won't be too many people yelling. So just keep in mind that if you do buy a T-Mobile device, you will eventually upgrade to an at&t one once the merge is complete. This also means that pretty much any current T-Mobile phones available probably won't be available (at least not in the same form) once at&t takes over.

[quote name='eastx']

Can I ask what the trip to Cali is for? I'm thinking of attending E3 this year, myself... It's June 5-9.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks!

My ticket was a little over 500.00 for the round trip. One stop on the way there, and no stops on the way back. Keep in mind Im coming from PA so your price might be cheaper.

Im staying at San Diego, but I still found some reasonable hotels. There's a holiday Inn Im staying at thats like 100.00 a night.

It's my dream to go to E3 some day, would being part of WPCentral be enough to get you an invite?

Right now I'm with Verizon and have a Droid, I really want one of these, all I have heard about Verizon is a tentative late spring launch.

Does anyone have any info on this? I cannot wait.

My review of The Revenants is online! Please comment on my reviews (on the actual review pages) to help me look good to my bosses.

Sean, writing for any professional game site (WPCentral included) is enough to getcha in. PM me about it sometime.

[quote name='hack']The HD7 isn't a bad phone, it's actually a pretty good phone. I think much better than the Venue Pro in terms in build quality (and definitely not as bulky). I haven't had any issues from my HD7. It's definitely one of the best devices available with Windows Phone 7 at the moment, so I don't think you can go wrong. Best thing to do is to try it out for the trial period.

And of course if you go on a place like the T-Mobile forums, you are mostly only going to hear complaints. I stopped going there because people are too stupid to do their research and they kept expecting their phones to shoot rainbows or print money. Too many little kids yelling about their phones.

That being said, T-Mobile was purchased by at&t, and while it may take a year or more for the transition to complete, at&t has stated that T-Mobile customers will have to buy into at&t phones eventually since T-Mobile's data network is incompatible. They are hoping that this "upgrade" of your phone comes via a regular 2-year upgrade so there won't be too many people yelling. So just keep in mind that if you do buy a T-Mobile device, you will eventually upgrade to an at&t one once the merge is complete. This also means that pretty much any current T-Mobile phones available probably won't be available (at least not in the same form) once at&t takes over.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize they were claiming the "incompatible" thing. If they kill my plan or stop me from renewing Ill just switch else where and let them know exactly why.

That being said. Ill wait to see what happens then to know if Ill stick with t-mobile that survives or transfer away from at&t.

Thanks for the feed back WM7 people!

Oops! I just noticed what you said, EastX. I thought you asked how much the trip was costing.

I'm just presenting my thesis at a conference. Nothing fun ;)

[quote name='OnettHero']Right now I'm with Verizon and have a Droid, I really want one of these, all I have heard about Verizon is a tentative late spring launch.

Does anyone have any info on this? I cannot wait.[/QUOTE]

Since Sprint just came out with a phone, one would hope that Verizon should not be far behind since the phone now supports those types of networks. At the moment, there is no solid information about phones for Verizon, except that they offer Windows Phone 7 devices to Microsoft employees only at the moment. That has to mean that Verizon is more than willing to bring out the phone whenever they want. When that is, I wish we knew.

[quote name='OnettHero']Right now I'm with Verizon and have a Droid, I really want one of these, all I have heard about Verizon is a tentative late spring launch.

Does anyone have any info on this? I cannot wait.[/QUOTE]

Well the rumor on the site that eastx writes for said that the Trophy was coming out on verizon on the 24th, which appeared to be legit because the same memo said that the Thunderbolt would launch on the 17th and it did. Unfortunately for us it proved false on the WP7 front. Here is the latest article that says it is still in testing and is 'very soon':

http://wpcentral.com/verizon-htc-trophy-close-it-won-t-be-24th

I hope that means in April, but there is nothing concrete out there that I have seen. As long as I can get my work email via outlook on WP7 (I have a blackberry now with BES running at work) I will pick one up as soon as it launches on Verizon.

Anyone else out there play "Burn it All"?? I started playing the game yesterday and got massively addicted. I've pretty much completed the game now. I only have one achievement left and it just entails a little grinding.

The game felt very confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it's a really great game!!

[quote name='Hoffer']Anyone else out there play "Burn it All"?? I started playing the game yesterday and got massively addicted. I've pretty much completed the game now. I only have one achievement left and it just entails a little grinding.

The game felt very confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it's a really great game!![/QUOTE]

Hardly call that grinding. Turns out I only needed 2 more of the 100. Got them on the first level. Achievement unlocked!! :)

Anyone here play Project Sunburst? I downloaded it a while ago, but just started to play yesterday. Well, I couldn't play as I kept getting some error that it couldn't connect to a server. Reading around, this seems to be a common problem. I read a recommendation to uninstall and reinstall the game, which I did. This allowed me to build my first base.

After watching this base for a while, it seems like the game was telling me to build another base. I hit the "back" button and clicked to start a new base. I then get the same server error message.

Going to xbox.com and xbox360achievements forums, seems like I'm not the only one. The game's facebook page is filled with people complaining.

Anyone out there have luck with this game?

Edit button man. Please use it.

So do you guys remember me saying Flight Control won't appear on the last played games list unless you get an achievement? I think Katamari is the same way. Maybe it's a Namco thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back