X-Men Destiny $10, Rage (360) $13, Infamous 2 $18 (Used) w/Free Shipping at GameFly

[quote name='berzirk']I love CAG. In for Deus Ex. I fought off the urge for months, but $10 is low enough that even if I don't enjoy it, I won't feel like I overspent. Since it's Gamefly I am assuming the disc will be chipped and beat to shit, but again, I look at it as a good value. If it shows up in the pristine condition everyone else seems to get, that'll be icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten anything but pristine games from Gamefly.

Good deals. Hopped on the Driver and Dark Souls deal the other night. Can't wait to see what's in store for tonight. Although I really shouldn't as I'm still working on ME3 and Halo Reach.

As far as disc's shape, it's been about 50/50. Only had 1 or 2 in probably 20 that didn't work.

I should just know to wait until a title goes to $10 with gamefly most of the time. I bought DXHR last month at $13, which I thought was a good price...but haven't played it yet, and now it's $10. Oh well, not a big deal I guess.

Was about to buy :ps3: DE:HR, then remembered that I had it from that $1 OnLive sale. Figured I'd post here in case anyone else forgot. (It plays well enough for me, wired, w/ 360 controller).

[quote name='Rhett']Arrrrgh. I hope DX:HR comes back into stock for PS3. I wanted to pick it up as a gift. :([/QUOTE]

It's still listed as in stock.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I've never gotten anything but pristine games from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I definitely don't doubt that. I've ordered about 12 games, and I'd say 8 were severely chipped/scratched, 2 were fairly scratched, and 2 were pretty good (but definitely not pristine). I didn't realize the condition of the discs could be so bad based on most people's great comments of disc quality so I was quite a bit disappointed when my first order of 5 games showed up in horrible condition. Since then, I've just taken disc condition into consideration when evaluating whether or not the price is good for me. I'm admittedly picky about disc condition, and only buy used if it's a game I'm unsure about, or the price is too good to pass up.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']It's still listed as in stock.[/QUOTE]
Not anymore. I have been checking every minute for the last 10 and it is only in stock NEW.

[quote name='berzirk']I definitely don't doubt that. I've ordered about 12 games, and I'd say 8 were severely chipped/scratched, 2 were fairly scratched, and 2 were pretty good (but definitely not pristine). I didn't realize the condition of the discs could be so bad based on most people's great comments of disc quality so I was quite a bit disappointed when my first order of 5 games showed up in horrible condition. Since then, I've just taken disc condition into consideration when evaluating whether or not the price is good for me. I'm admittedly picky about disc condition, and only buy used if it's a game I'm unsure about, or the price is too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

does gamefly include the original case and manuals with the used games they sell?

I got DE:HR a few weeks ago from amazon warehouse for $14, it was a fun game (somehow i screwed up the pacifist..>= | )

I'm thinking about WarHammer though, how long will the game last campaign wise? I'd rather hear fan feedback than feedback from sites that get paid to review it.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I got DE:HR a few weeks ago from amazon warehouse for $14, it was a fun game (somehow i screwed up the pacifist..>= | )

I'm thinking about WarHammer though, how long will the game last campaign wise? I'd rather hear fan feedback than feedback from sites that get paid to review it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well. No interest in the multiplayer.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I got DE:HR a few weeks ago from amazon warehouse for $14, it was a fun game (somehow i screwed up the pacifist..>= | )

I'm thinking about WarHammer though, how long will the game last campaign wise? I'd rather hear fan feedback than feedback from sites that get paid to review it.[/QUOTE]

10-15 hours on normal is about how long it took me, I think. Campaign was a lot of fun, a little bit repetitive at times, but the combat was always fulfilling, for me at least.

It's about 8-12. It's a pretty fun game. The gameplay is pretty similar to Gears of War (imo). Except your mowing down orcs, very fun game and at $10 a steal.

As far as scratched discs are concerned Gamefly is very good at returns. They don't replace the game but instead give you a full refund and send you a email with pre-paid postage to slap on a bubble mailer.

There should be a standard info package in all the OPs for Gamefly sales that state that games come complete with case in manual in "like new" condition, low incidence rate of defective units, and up front answers to all the other questions that get asked over and over every GF thread.

[quote name='GT']There should be a standard info package in all the OPs for Gamefly sales that state that games come complete with case in manual in "like new" condition, low incidence rate of defective units, and up front answers to all the other questions that get asked over and over every GF thread.[/QUOTE]

Sarcastic?

I think it took me 8-10 hours to complete the campaign. I thought it was pretty fun. Multiplayer is only so-so, dabbling to try to get some of the achievements for it. Worth it for $10 IMO.

As for Gamefly, I think I've ordered 6 games from them and they always come in excellent condition for me. I play on the 360.

[quote name='Komentra']As far as scratched discs are concerned Gamefly is very good at returns. They don't replace the game but instead give you a full refund and send you a email with pre-paid postage to slap on a bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

an alternate solution too is to rent the game again on gamefly, and if the other disc you get is better, switch it out and send in your botched one.

Bought half a dozen PS3 games from Gamefly and each one has (surprisingly) come in pristine condition.

Scratch resistant Blu-Ray coating helps, but.. still, pretty good.

I bought both these for about $24 each used, and thought they were worth every penny. So if you don't buy them for $10 a pop, you may get the back of my hand.

Rage, X-Men Destiny, and Infamous 2 it seems.

I'll probably pick up X-Men since it'll most likely be $9.99. I imagine the other two will be $9.99 as well.

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't Rage about the lack of hints. It's your Destiny to receive them. Also, Infamous too.[/QUOTE]
I'm in for I2 if it's the right price!

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't Rage about the lack of hints. It's your Destiny to receive them. Also, Infamous too.[/QUOTE]*sigh* RAGE, X-Men: Destiny, and Infamous 2? Looks like nothing for me tonight.

FYI, you can get RAGE for $4.99 from Best Buy right now using their $15 off coupon in the latest issue of their @Gamer magazine.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I'm thinking $14.99 on Infamous 2 and Rage. X-Men: Destiny @ $9.99...[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for, knowing my luck it'll be Something like $17.99, $15 is my buying point.

[quote name='mrclutch']What time do the new deals go live?[/QUOTE]Typically 8pm EST, though Tuesday's deals went live about five minutes prior.

[quote name='Brother Daz']That's what I'm hoping for, knowing my luck it'll be Something like $17.99, $15 is my buying point.[/QUOTE]

You were correct....

JUST realized that I had a coupon, and as I added the game to the cart, the deal ended and the price shot up five bucks. Shucks. Waiting for the other dills

bread's done
Back