XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it too hard? I've read some reviews that said so. What about graphics? Aren't they outdated?

@Noelvermillion: Damn that sounds good.

Guess I'll end up spending 15€ this week. Damn this GoD deals are killing my hard drive and wallet. Can't they just skip to some nice Arcade sales with Trials, Shadow Complex, Mark of the Ninja, Fez and those must have games?
I found Midnight Club to be fairly frustrating at times. I was playing the complete edition which should have had the difficulty/balancing patch they created for it. I mainly remember that it seemed like they had major balance problems with the car classes. Often times you'd be majorly outclassed by the AI unless you grab a motorcycle or go the other way and purposefully drive a slower car in the class and then the AI would have more comparable cars.

I did finish the main part of the game but I have not found another racing game that frustrated me this much.

I found Midnight Club to be fairly frustrating at times. I was playing the complete edition which should have had the difficulty/balancing patch they created for it. I mainly remember that it seemed like they had major balance problems with the car classes. Often times you'd be majorly outclassed by the AI unless you grab a motorcycle or go the other way and purposefully drive a slower car in the class and then the AI would have more comparable cars.

I did finish the main part of the game but I have not found another racing game that frustrated me this much.
I had the same problem with the game and it caused me to trade it in twice. However, that was back with the regular edition...I loved MC3 on the original Xbox so I'm inclined to give this a third shot. Does anyone have any thoughts between this and the new Need for Speed: Most Wanted game?

As for Max Payne 3, it's been a long time since I've played the first two games, is it a good game? It sure is a big download (7Gb) and I'm in doubt between GoD and physical in this case :/
Max Payne 3 is one of my favourite shooters of this generation. It's not without issues and to be honest I was less than enthralled by the first 2 levels which almost wanted to make me turn the game off and just stop playing. But once you get to the point at which Max shaves his head you're in for an amazing ride. It's a very punishing game and be prepared to die a lot, especially on later levels (the airport level took me hours of restarting certain checkpoints to finish). But it's an intriguing story, great characters, brilliant graphics and solid gameplay. I had a few weird glitches (on the airport level just as I was doing the best I had to that point the airport itself glitched out and I was left walking around in empty space - considering I was one guy away from getting to the next checkpoint I almost threw my controller at the TV, but I kept going and it paid off for me in the end). It also has one of the best soundtracks to any videogame I've ever played - just some great music. To be honest I'd go with the GoD version if you can grab the HD space. This, like the Alan Wake game, was one of the loudest games to play a disc copy of (I have the Black Slim Xbox if that helps) so I instantly installed it and played it off my harddrive anyhow. I got lucky with this game and grabbed a $5 GoD version when there was a glitch on the Australian Marketplace a few months back, so I own it now on disc and retail and don't think I will sell the retail. It's a great game and I just want to own it physically as part of my collection and remember the 20 or so hours I put into it. But be aware, achievements are difficult. Not impossible, but many require replaying missions or checkpoints to get a certain number of kills in obligatory bullet time sequences. So if you are a cheevo whore, this is going to be one of those games that will irk you (a quick look at the road map states that it'll take you 150+ hours to just get 1000/1000, let alone the DLC cheevos, so be aware).

I know a lot of people say that this games suffers as it wasn't done by Remedy, but we all know that Rockstar has never released a bad game and that they understand how to mix gameplay, storytelling and brilliant characters all in one amazing package. I played Max Payne 3 directly after beating Alan Wake and thought that the two games really matched up brilliantly on most levels and played very much alike. I never really played much of the first two Max Payne games, maybe just 30 minutes of the first one years ago, so I can't tell you if the 3rd game matches up to the first two. But if you liked Alan Wake then you'll more than likely like Max Payne 3.

Hope that helps.

I know Bully is at a "shut up and buy it" price but I'm curious: is it basically a juvi verson of GTA? Anything much different from the chase this person...collect 22 of that in 2 minutes...type of gameplay in GTA?

I know Bully is at a "shut up and buy it" price but I'm curious: is the gameplay much different from the chase this person...collect 22 of that in 2 minutes...type of gameplay that's in GTA/RDR?
I Have never finished a GTA game because I either get bored or frustrated, but Bully is such a charming game. from the setting to the characters, it just feels like one of those late 70's to 80's school movies where kids can curse and get into situations you can't do in movie these days. With that said the missions do fall under the same realm of "get this mission from this person to attack that person" or "follow that guy" or "beat this guy in a race" that you find in every sandbox game. So it does fall into cliches, but even still I'd recommend it.

I Have never finished a GTA game because I either get bored or frustrated, but Bully is such a charming game. from the setting to the characters, it just feels like one of those late 70's to 80's school movies where kids can curse and get into situations you can't do in movie these days. With that said the missions do fall under the same realm of "get this mission from this person to attack that person" or "follow that guy" or "beat this guy in a race" that you find in every sandbox game. So it does fall into cliches, but even still I'd recommend it.
Thanks, that's helpful. I keep trying to like GTA with each iteration but, like you, I get bored or frustrated and bail. Strangly, I didn't have that problem with RDR; I just connected with the story and I had a much better time exploring that world. Sounds like Bully is worth a shot.

I know Bully is at a "shut up and buy it" price but I'm curious: is it basically a juvi verson of GTA? Anything much different from the chase this person...collect 22 of that in 2 minutes...type of gameplay in GTA?
Bully is the most fully realized of all Rockstar's open world games to date. It's not really a sandbox game but it has a lot of character in the school and city, the game's story feels like it progresses in a meaningful way as you sort of build up popularity at a school one group at a time (nerds, jocks, preps, etc). There's a lot of mission variety that always keep you interested. One moment you're doing a race, the next you're delivering papers like in paperboy, the next your doing a lot of 3rd person shooter stuff, then you're playing dodgeball, then you're stealing girls panties, etc. Even the classroom stuff is really fun and challenging - it makes going to class really fun. It also has one of the best villains of any game I've played and some interesting twists because of that. It's not as large an open world as other Rockstar games but the paring down of the size gave them a chance to really give you a deep experience and make everything count. It's a masterpiece of open world gameplay IMHO. And it has heaps of charm too. And even though its aimed at a younger audience it is written for adults. It's essentially a school full of teenage sociopaths. What's not to love about that setting. If they removed loading screens for entering buildings it would be the perfect game. Other than that it's definitely a don't think just buy at $3.

Bully is the most fully realized of all Rockstar's open world games to date. It's not really a sandbox game but it has a lot of character in the school and city, the game's story feels like it progresses in a meaningful way as you sort of build up popularity at a school one group at a time (nerds, jocks, preps, etc). There's a lot of mission variety that always keep you interested. One moment you're doing a race, the next you're delivering papers like in paperboy, the next your doing a lot of 3rd person shooter stuff, then you're playing dodgeball, then you're stealing girls panties, etc. Even the classroom stuff is really fun and challenging - it makes going to class really fun. It also has one of the best villains of any game I've played and some interesting twists because of that. It's not as large an open world as other Rockstar games but the paring down of the size gave them a chance to really give you a deep experience and make everything count. It's a masterpiece of open world gameplay IMHO. And it has heaps of charm too. And even though its aimed at a younger audience it is written for adults. It's essentially a school full of teenage sociopaths. What's not to love about that setting. If they removed loading screens for entering buildings it would be the perfect game. Other than that it's definitely a don't think just buy at $3.
I just have to ask. Are you Crono-00 junior? :whee:

I am one of those who cant stand Grand Theft Auto and gave up on them. Dont understand the appeal, and that gameplay. :puke:

Thanks, that's helpful. I keep trying to like GTA with each iteration but, like you, I get bored or frustrated and bail. Strangly, I didn't have that problem with RDR; I just connected with the story and I had a much better time exploring that world. Sounds like Bully is worth a shot.
No problem and yeah I loved RDR as well, so hopefully you'll enjoy Bully too. I Think Bully is the second most underrated of Rockstar's library to me, The Warriors being the first. God did I love The Warriors.

Well I bought the Rockstar pass for MP3.  I am not going to whine about the $5 but I should have gone back and played the Multi-player a little again before buying.  Honestly I find it to be a pretty bad multiplayer game.  Normally, third person multiplayer is not my thing but I can at least hold my own. This multiplayer is almost broken really.  It requires a pretty hefty grind to open up enough things to keep you balanced against the higher ranked players.  Maybe I just suck at this particular TPS but I seem to get killed fast when going head to head.  The only tactic I have had success with is using a sniper rifle which is normally something I am horrible doing.  I am also not too sure how many of the DLC maps are being played right now anyway.  There were 340ish people playing free aim tonight.

My problem with GTA is that I live in New York, and I used to live in L.A., so if I play for a few hours and then I go outside, in my mind I am imagining jacking cars and mowing down pedestrians. Obviously I would never do anything like that but it's an involuntary reaction. I am sure this GTA effect is documented somewhere because other people I've talked to have said they've experienced similar effects. It's like the Tetris effect where I used to see everything as falling blocks.

It is bad enough that every time I pass a padlocked gate, I want to shoot the lock out because in my mind I know that is the way to progress the story.

Stupid video games.

My problem with GTA is that I live in New York, and I used to live in L.A., so if I play for a few hours and then I go outside, in my mind I am imagining jacking cars and mowing down pedestrians. Obviously I would never do anything like that but it's an involuntary reaction. I am sure this GTA effect is documented somewhere because other people I've talked to have said they've experienced similar effects. It's like the Tetris effect where I used to see everything as falling blocks.

It is bad enough that every time I pass a padlocked gate, I want to shoot the lock out because in my mind I know that is the way to progress the story.

Stupid video games.
Haha I was playing GTA 3 (I think) and trying to collect all the vehicles for the lists around town, and I couldn't find a flatbed truck for anything in the world. After an hour or so of fruitless and boring driving around I just gave up. The next day I saw one in real life when I was getting off the freeway and briefly thought "Yes! Finally!" before realizing that I was in real life, not in the game.

It was a don't think just buy for me at $10 at Christmas on the last sale when GS charges $35 for it used and even on Amazon it's $23 shipped used.

Yea it's the same mission structure but with a different setting. It's a bit more interesting than the typical GTA setup though. It's worth $4 I think. But just remember the retail value people keep quoting is over inflated. The GoD version is always $15. So don't buy it JUST because it's a value off retail or anything. I would look into the gameplay videos, the tedious mission structure of sandbox games is still heavily in force.

That said, I hate sandbox games for that reason and had a blast playing Saint's Row 4. For some reason once you give me incredible super powers and absurd comedy, I can deal with the sandbox missions that haven't changed much since GTA 3. Just a suggestion if you see a deal on it and don't like GTA games.

I'm trying to buy Midnight Club but it won't let me use the currency on my Microsoft account (converted from Microsoft Points). I can view how much I have but every time I hit confirm purchase I get an error message. Any idea what's going on?

I'm trying to buy Midnight Club but it won't let me use the currency on my Microsoft account (converted from Microsoft Points). I can view how much I have but every time I hit confirm purchase I get an error message. Any idea what's going on?
You doing it from the console? They said the Xbox.com won't have the ability to use the converted points yet, I believe.

Am I reading that correctly, that the Rockstar Pass for Max Payne 3 is $5? So all of the DLC is $5 total or am I missing the premise of the pass?

Am I reading that correctly, that the Rockstar Pass for Max Payne 3 is $5? So all of the DLC is $5 total or am I missing the premise of the pass?
You got it right. I've got friends who bought the pass and don't even own the game. So when the game eventually goes on sale for an even lower price, they'll already have the DLC. Not sure if that's wise or not, but it's not my money...

You got it right. I've got friends who bought the pass and don't even own the game. So when the game eventually goes on sale for an even lower price, they'll already have the DLC. Not sure if that's wise or not, but it's not my money...
Haha, well at that price, I can understand. Thanks! The backlog keeps getting bigger!

No problem and yeah I loved RDR as well, so hopefully you'll enjoy Bully too. I Think Bully is the second most underrated of Rockstar's library to me, The Warriors being the first. God did I love The Warriors.
The Warriors, what a great game! I got my copy of Bully from this sale, and I'm loving it. I'll have to say, this game allows so much interaction with NPCs, it puts the GTA series to shame. Thanks for the updates.

Damn, I need a trial for Midnight Club and Max Payne 3. I had a lot of fun playing MC a while back on PSP, but is this a good X360 game? I mean, is it as fun as Forza Horizon?

As for Max Payne 3, it's been a long time since I've played the first two games, is it a good game? It sure is a big download (7Gb) and I'm in doubt between GoD and physical in this case :/

Max Payne 3 is a great action game, but unfortunately it's not really a Max Payne game. I know people are sick of hearing that but Rockstar couldn't have done less to really bring the essence of the previous games into this iteration. Yes, there is bullet time and yes, Max on occasion wears a trench coat but it really could have been any action game.

Saying that, again, it's a very good action game worth your time. I suggest playing on easy to start as the game is not forgiving by any means.

I hope they give away for free GTA4 on 1st Sept, since GTA5 will release this month and it's not in this week's deals, which is strange.

Also, second game should be Halo 3 (maybe with ODST), because Halo 3 was released on 25th Sept 6 years ago. So everyone's happy, I get to play GTA4 with my friends and Halo 3 gets some new people on for his anniversary.

(Maybe I'm dreaming. Just a bit.)

I hope they give away for free GTA4 on 1st Sept, since GTA5 will release this month and it's not in this week's deals, which is strange.

Also, second game should be Halo 3 (maybe with ODST), because Halo 3 was released on 25th Sept 6 years ago. So everyone's happy, I get to play GTA4 with my friends and Halo 3 gets some new people on for his anniversary.

Actually sounds pretty logical to me, except I think the ODST part is a bit of a stretch.

UMvC3 hovered around $20 forever, only recently starting to hit the $15 mark. It was $9.99 (or $10.99?) in the recent Microsoft Store sale which is the cheapest it's ever been. Part of the reason it's seeing a slow drop is probably because there wasn't a bulk of it released like the vanilla version due to subpar sales. On the other hand, for DLC - this is the cheapest the value pack has ever been as well as it was 800 msp when it was on sale a month ago, while the DLC characters have been on sale 3-4 times at this price point.
OK, so hearing Lemstar's and your advice, I finally got UMvC3 with the value pack. I'll wait for the extra characters to be on sale in the future. Thank you.

You have to actually click purchase, and it will ask you if you want to add the balance to the total.

I bought Bully last night using my converted points but it never went to a confirmation screen showing by current balance, the price of the game and my new balance like it did when I was using MSPs. Anyone else have this happen?

GTA IV was recently on sale like a few weeks ago. I don't think they would offer it for free when people already purchased it for half the price it costs now.

GTA IV was recently on sale like a few weeks ago. I don't think they would offer it for free when people already purchased it for half the price it costs now.
I wish that was true my friend. I wish that was true.

I'm too lazy to go look but wasn't it in the same two week span that Haunt went on sale and then was free?

GTA V has billboards around here, and TV ads. They're aiming for the mainstream with a 70M - 110M marketing budget. I don't think giving away GTA IV right before release makes much sense in this context. It can confuse casual consumers who might not know they're different games, and/or satiate their need for GTA since most people only buy something like 1-2 games a year. Not saying it's impossible, but my instinct says they want to keep on-message about the new GTA V and they're going to sweep GTA IV under the rug for now.

I've never played RDR before, and I just felt like now was the time to take the plunge.  I know how the story ends, but I don't care.  I have seen nothing but good things about it everywhere, so it just felt worth it.  Still might bite on Max Payne 3, but I'm running VERY short on HD space...blast.

GTA V has billboards around here, and TV ads. They're aiming for the mainstream with a 70M - 110M marketing budget. I don't think giving away GTA IV right before release makes much sense in this context. It can confuse casual consumers who might not know they're different games, and/or satiate their need for GTA since most people only buy something like 1-2 games a year. Not saying it's impossible, but my instinct says they want to keep on-message about the new GTA V and they're going to sweep GTA IV under the rug for now.
But companies always do dumb things so maybe.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but they converted my MS points to $2 the other day and now I'm not sure how to use it. I'm trying to buy Bully on the web store and the only option I see is to put the full $3.74 on one of my cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back