XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I get Toy Soldiers Cold War? I've skipped it several times waiting for a price drop and its not coming. It's been 4 times at 600mp and first TS got the pricecut treatment in 2 years so I'd assume Cold War could get it also at the end of current year. I enjoyed first part and this one has coop in adition but lacks in challenge and thats a downer for me (no cheevos to encourage not getting damage or for completing the game on max diff, bad designed). Any news on a dev sales or whatever?

Just felt to make a list of the rest of the other (unnanounced) price drops, add it whenever you want tylerh =O:

XBLA - Worms Revolution - 800 MSP ($10.00) 33% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand [Kinect] - Body & Brain Connection - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand [Kinect] - Dance Central 3 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Enslaved - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Eternal Sonata - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Fable III - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Halo 3 - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Halo 4 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Kinect Disneyland Adventures - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Kinect Joy Ride - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - MUD - FIM Motocross World Championship - 2400 MSP ($30.00) 40% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Ridge Racer 6 - 800 MSP ($10.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Ridge Racer Unbounded - 1600 MSP ($20.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - SoulCalibur IV - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - SoulCalibur V - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Tales of Vesperia - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 50% off - xbldb.com

Games on Demand - Tekken 6 - 1200 MSP ($15.00) 25% off - xbldb.com
Except for the XBLA game, no other price drop is available here, wow MS...

Finally played Rocket Knight thanks to you guys and I'm def getting it. Can't believe I never even heard of it before, but it hasn't gone on sale in 3 years and this is a great price.
as a owner of the original genesis one i dig it. i just wish the 360 d-pads didn't suck ass, can make it hard to hit the diagonal jets sometimes, def gonna screw me up on the higher difficulties.

is there any controller for this system with a dpad that doesn't suck? is that street fighter one *really* that much better? or is there a better one out there? i bought one of those $80 pro gamer controllers at best buy last year but it sucked just as bad, the sticks were floating within one month of purchase so i just returned it. anybody own a pro ex? that dpad looks like it might be a little better, idk

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerA-360-Mini-Pro-EX-Wired-Controller-Green-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/24534204

DuckTales was on a bunch of different platforms, so Capcom probably didn't like the idea of forsaking all of them for some extra money on XBLA. Sega also put out a big pre-order bonus, the original game, for Castle of Illusion on PSN, so it seems like they were more focused on promoting that version of the game.
Say what? Ducktales was NES and Gameboy only...

as a owner of the original genesis one i dig it. i just wish the 360 d-pads didn't suck ass, can make it hard to hit the diagonal jets sometimes, def gonna screw me up on the higher difficulties.

is there any controller for this system with a dpad that doesn't suck? is that street fighter one *really* that much better? or is there a better one out there? i bought one of those $80 pro gamer controllers at best buy last year but it sucked just as bad, the sticks were floating within one month of purchase so i just returned it. anybody own a pro ex? that dpad looks like it might be a little better, idk

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerA-360-Mini-Pro-EX-Wired-Controller-Green-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/24534204
The Street Fighter pads are the only option for Xbox if you want a d-pad that doesn't suck. If you have bigger hands, get the SF4 controller; if you have smaller hands, get the SFxT pads. But if your game requires any of the analog sticks and can't be remapped to other buttons, these pads won't do. They're strictly for 2d games.

What about the newer xbox controls with that rising d-pad, does it actually make a difference?
not really, it still sucks. it's a tiny improvement but still awful.

however, that controller's analog sticks are way better than the default controller's sticks, IMO. the grip on them basically never wears down and they are much more grippy to me. but the dpad still blows mooseballs. i wish i could compare sf4 and sfxt pad in person. i do have slightly bigger hands and hate for instance the gameboy SP and gamecube controllers but i don't want anything like regular original xbox pad huge. are the pads/buttons actually bigger, or just the general area of all the other stuff?

i wish there was a freaking sega saturn adapter. the 3D pad wouldn't even have to sacrifice anything except back and the 2nd analogue

It's definitely not as big as the original Xbox Duke controller. The face buttons on the SF4 and SFxT pad are the same size, but they're spread out a little further on the SF4 pad. The shoulder buttons on the SF4 pad are longer. The d-pads are the same size but it protrudes further on the SFxT pad because that controller is thinner. Compared to the Gamecube controller, the SF4 pad is about the same size but the d-pad is almost twice as big.

I actually use a real Saturn controller on PS3 but the buttons map differently than other controllers. Like A and B would be Y and LB on the 360 controller. It's wired weirdly.

What about the newer xbox controls with that rising d-pad, does it actually make a difference?
Personally I think it does. As someone who has been wrestling with different controllers since the C64, I definitely like the newer d pad and it works perfect for the old school platformers on the arcade for me. I was struck by this trying to play platformers and brawlers on the dreamcast controller which is abysmal for it. But I actually enjoy them with the rising d pad for sure.

Ok guys i bit the bullet and got Castlevania HoD and there is nobody online :/ did anyone else purchase this title i mean it was $3.75 A STEAL OF A DEAL. 

If anyone wants to run this game how about we all ad our usernames to this post so we can get a mini community to play this game.

Feel free to add your name below

My Gamertag is

QDizzle81

Yeah. SCIV should be $10. Ridge Racer should also be $5 at this point. Good game but it was a launch title.
Hope It's on sale down the road for $2.50 when they have another big GoD sale.
I paid $10 for SCIV a few years ago and I still felt like it was too much for that game. The "story" modes for the characters were complete crap: 5 minutes worth of battles and a lot of scrolling text. The first game's campaign mode still makes it the best game in the series. Too bad the devs got lazy and decided to get rid of it in future titles.

I paid $10 for SCIV a few years ago and I still felt like it was too much for that game. The "story" modes for the characters were complete crap: 5 minutes worth of battles and a lot of scrolling text. The first game's campaign mode still makes it the best game in the series. Too bad the devs got lazy and decided to get rid of it in future titles.
It's not that the developers got lazy, but rather the publisher skimped on the budget when it comes to the SoulCalibur series.

Personally I think it does. As someone who has been wrestling with different controllers since the C64, I definitely like the newer d pad and it works perfect for the old school platformers on the arcade for me. I was struck by this trying to play platformers and brawlers on the dreamcast controller which is abysmal for it. But I actually enjoy them with the rising d pad for sure.
This. I use mine for Mortal Kombat and Injustice. Works waaaayyy better than the regular one.

I don't know why but I can't bring myself to buy anything. I really want Dragonborn but I haven't played Skyrim in months and I have Payday, GTA, and Blacklist to play.

I'll prob pick up Nicktoons MLB next week and hopefully the WB stuff is decently marked down.

Ok guys i bit the bullet and got Castlevania HoD and there is nobody online :/ did anyone else purchase this title i mean it was $3.75 A STEAL OF A DEAL.

If anyone wants to run this game how about we all ad our usernames to this post so we can get a mini community to play this game.

My Gamertag is

QDizzle81

i have had no problem finding people . are you playing on unlimited ?

Dang, I could have swore Eternal Sonata and Enslaved were already $15 but that must have been for disc copies. I've been waiting for a $10 price point on both of those.

Just played Jeremy McGrath Offroad, there's no controller vibration supports on XBLA version.

That message gave me pause too, but I just purchased the Leviathan 3 DLC using funds that were converted from points and I was not charged tax. The total cost was as listed, $4.99.

Quick question: is this the first time the ME3 DLC has gone on sale? Also, has the Dragon Age 2 DLC ever gone on sale?
I was ready to get Leviathan and a few more GoD's but after getting charged tax on Bully when it was on sale earlier last week I decided to hold off. I talked to support and they referred the tax problem to Billing Support as others were getting taxed on their converted currency too. Only reason it really matters is that I already paid tax on the points purchases in the past. Meanwhile still waiting.

I was ready to get Leviathan and a few more GoD's but after getting charged tax on Bully when it was on sale earlier last week I decided to hold off. I talked to support and they referred the tax problem to Billing Support as others were getting taxed on their converted currency too. Only reason it really matters is that I already paid tax on the points purchases in the past. Meanwhile still waiting.
Well, I definitely wasn't charged tax, even though the message "tax charged" appeared (I checked the "receipt" email that I got and it also showed that no tax was charged). Might be just boilerplate language. Given how infrequently Mass Effect 3 DLC goes on sale, I'm glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

My Gamertag is

QDizzle81
I also got that game, and I hope a friend of mine will too. I plan to play it once I finish Asura's wrath and CoJ Gunslinger (will buy it next tuesday).

I forgot that some places charged tax on msp. I still have a bunch that I bought from Target during BF and was charged tax.

The best d-pad on a 360 controller can be found in the Hori EX Pad 2:

41ndT5igfDL.jpg

Hori EX Pad 2 at Amazon

It also benefits from a 6-button layout (with proper bumpers and triggers too) and turbo for every button. The analog sticks aren't nearly as good as the standard 360 pad's, but it can't be beat for digital control.

The transforming d-pad controller certainly has a more precise d-pad than the standard one. BUT it has a huge design flaw in that the d-pad itself can break off! I've had it happen with two different controllers after about a year of use. For that reason, I would recommend avoiding the controller.

The transforming d-pad controller certainly has a more precise d-pad than the standard one. BUT it has a huge design flaw in that the d-pad itself can break off! I've had it happen with two different controllers after about a year of use. For that reason, I would recommend avoiding the controller.
What the hell were you doing to it? Seriously I can't even see how that would happen even with as much as I can use a controller. I bought mine when they were first released and it's still going strong as are all my friend's.

What the hell were you doing to it? Seriously I can't even see how that would happen even with as much as I can use a controller. I bought mine when they were first released and it's still going strong as are all my friend's.
I know it must seem like we were rough on them. Actually, a guy at another forum had the same thing happen to him before I ever had the problem, and I thought it would never happen to me. But like him, I wasn't rough on it and it still broke. Twice. :(

Me, I use the d-pad instead of the left stick for movement in any game that allows it, so the d-pads did get used a bunch. I also take care of my stuff though. The plastic of the d-pad is just really deep/tall (deeper than any other d-pad I've seen, and I've looked inside plenty of controllers) and the plastic is much thinner than a normal d-pad. Over time, it CAN break, which is pretty much impossible with most d-pads.

That message gave me pause too, but I just purchased the Leviathan 3 DLC using funds that were converted from points and I was not charged tax. The total cost was as listed, $4.99.

Quick question: is this the first time the ME3 DLC has gone on sale? Also, has the Dragon Age 2 DLC ever gone on sale?
This is only the 2nd time Leviathan has gone on sale, with the first being a BF only sale, which is when I got it. Omega went on sale for 1 week only. The DA 2 DLC only went on sale twice for Legacy and once for Mark of the Assassin.

EA in the last 2 years has stopped doing DLC sales on their games that aren't Battlefield. You just have to check this thread every Tuesday or use the xbldb site linked above and pray.

Yeah everyone needs to hop on ToV if they haven't already. It was $15 or less on newegg a long time ago but I believe It's out of print again. Great JRPG, probably the second best behind Lost Odyssey imho for the 360.

But man, they need to do some discounts for the first week releases or something. No one in their right mind should pay $60 a week later for Madden or Lost Planet 3 more then a week after release and digital.

But hey, I'm all for these quicker releases.
$23 plus shipping is the cheapest complete used copy on Amazon for Vesperia.

I'm trying to decide if I should grab the Assassin's Creed III DLC now or wait for an eventual 50% off Season Pass sale. I'm pretty sure the Season Pass includes additional content, right?

I'm trying to decide if I should grab the Assassin's Creed III DLC now or wait for an eventual 50% off Season Pass sale. I'm pretty sure the Season Pass includes additional content, right?
It does (even all the pre-order bonuses..bought it it some time ago when it was 25% off or something hum (funny thing is I collected all pre-order bonuses before with putting a lot of effort into getting the codes lol

Got an E-mail from MS telling me "Play your way... We designed the Xbox One so you could play your way, buy used, sell, trade, no always online.. all like you do currently on the 360." Oh really, MS, that's how you designed it? I thought you only changed it to be that way after you realized it was going to tank compared to the PS4 because gamers were pissed.

Sorry if it seems off-topic, but it did come from XBL junk mails.

Thought I was going to buy that Nicktoons version of The Bigs just because it's the only thing I can buy with the new Bing reward amount but then I remembered I'll get hit with tax now. Thanks, people who hated microsoft points so much...

And I just realized they charged me tax on my only purchase with converted points. What have those of you who had that happen been doing? I don't think I have the patience to call them about it but if i can email I will

bile- i had it happen to me, only on my first purchase, Im guessing its bc i had redeemed a bing code recently (post change). those being redeemed on your acct. cause tax to be charged (?).

OT-your icon-I just finished a playthrough of fallout 3, so good. it makes Fallout 4 the #1 reason I'm excited for next gen. I might wait until it comes out to pick up an xbone.

I'm not sure if I get double taxed...but when I bought the points I payed tax and all prices are including VAT but when I buy something now the email says 0,00€ VAT (even so it's the same price as on the market including the VAT lol kinda confusing but I'd say I still paying double..

bile- i had it happen to me, only on my first purchase, Im guessing its bc i had redeemed a bing code recently (post change). those being redeemed on your acct. cause tax to be charged (?).
Hmm that's possible that bing points were in there. How in the heck do they have it set up to know that? This conversion got botched as bad as I thought it would. Well, I have .13 cents in my account so I'll see if I can still get the nicktoons game with the $3 Bing. If not I'm really not that interested in managing purchases on XBLA anymore. I felt the same way with the 3DS shop. Just too much juggling of uneven amounts but set amounts on cards at the store.

Has anyone ever seen that 4th map pack for BLOPS1 on sale? It's the only one I need but I dont feel comfortable paying $15 lol

Hey guys, quick question. I have a quick question. I had a 100pts code from Xbox Rewards I forgot to redeem and I just did it via the website. It said successful, but I don't think anything happened. I know with the change over there were a lot of issues.

Is a promo code redemption supposed to show up in your billing history? Because nothing is there, and I don't remember how many $$ I had in there beforehand.

i have a 1600pt card I want to redeem for this sale but now I'm afraid it's going to eat it lol. Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question. I have a quick question. I had a 100pts code from Xbox Rewards I forgot to redeem and I just did it via the website. It said successful, but I don't think anything happened. I know with the change over there were a lot of issues.

Is a promo code redemption supposed to show up in your billing history? Because nothing is there, and I don't remember how many $$ I had in there beforehand.

i have a 1600pt card I want to redeem for this sale but now I'm afraid it's going to eat it lol. Thanks!
Seeing as how the site still doesn't show what, if any, MSP/MS$ one has (last I checked anyway) I would steer far, far, FAR away and only make transactions & redemptions on the console.

That being said, I redeemed a 400pt card today on the console with no problems.

Is eternal sonta worth the $15? and if so, should I got digital or try and get a physical copy? I played the demo and found it interesting.
It's pretty good but only if you really like rpg's as it's pretty generic gameplay. I always prefer discs for rpgs mainly just because you sit and play through them. It's not a game you keep going back to that needs to stay on your drive for access whenever. that said, the Tales of Vesperia price has me considering it even though I beat it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back