XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood Dragon is a separate arcade game, not DLC for Far Cry 3. You don't need the FC3 disc to play Blood Dragon.

No worries, Blood Dragon is a STANDALONE game. You don't need FC3 to play it. That's part of why it's so awesome. Trade in FC3, get money for Blood Dragon. Simple. It's like FC3 Lite, but injected to the brim with 80s-ness.

I'd think about MLB '13, but I haven't really played any real baseball games since the PS2 days. Is it really THAT good? Getting Nicktoons though to finally scratch that itch, would grab MLB '13 for $5 in a heartbeat.

Also, that VPN stuff sounds risky, though I'm sure there's a list of what wouldn't be available, somewhere. But I did know it was locked to every 3 months, but figured it didn't matter if I was going to keep this semi-permanent.

Edit: VaultBoy ninja'd me, damn.

Edit 2: Still bummed about the publisher sales not utilizing their full catalogue. Anyone else surprised none of the Lego: Harry Potter games saw any hint of a sale? (WB has the license). And there was no sign of Watchmen, or F.E.A.R. or Lord of the Rings anything. Just wasted potential, you'd be surprised how much WB has published, actually -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._Interactive_Entertainment_video_games
Sorry guys, should have been more clear. I know that Blood Dragon is a stand alone DLC but I'm just about done with my time in Far Cry in general and have too much other backlog to invest in an 80's themed DLC for the game. Especially with GTA V in a week buying anything else is pretty pointless right now.

Does anyone know if the Lego Batman 2 DLC adds new characters or just unlocks characters that you can already get in the game?

I'm still debating MLB Nicktoons, mostly because it's cheap, but otherwise I've had no interest in the game whatsoever.
Haha yea that was my dilemma too. I watched some gameplay and decided against it. Mostly because there's no real modes or anything long term.

Haha yea that was my dilemma too. I watched some gameplay and decided against it. Mostly because there's no real modes or anything long term.
I Think the other thing is easy cheezmints, which I want to say I'm above the realm of being persuaded by, but then I remember I own that terrible Truth or Lies game and realize I may still be prone to stupid temptation.

Does anyone know if the Lego Batman 2 DLC adds new characters or just unlocks characters that you can already get in the game?
They're all new characters. One pack gives you 5 heroes (that probably should have been included from the get-go): Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, Damian Wayne, and the other gives you 5 villains (which didn't necessarily need to be included): Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Gorilla Grodd.

It's an entirely different set of characters. The Heroes Pack has Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, and Damian Wayne. The Villains pack has Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Gorilla Grodd. None of those characters are unlockable. They all pretty much play like any other character in the game, it's just a matter of preference.

They're all new characters. One pack gives you 5 heroes (that probably should have been included from the get-go): Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, Damian Wayne, and the other gives you 5 villains (though they didn't really need to be included from the get-go): Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Gorilla Grodd.
Thanks. I guess I'm grabbing them, then.

You can find the GOTY edition for <$15 pretty often, so I'd say no.
Yea just looked and saw used is $15 and new is $20. But are the DLC included important enough to warrant having such a hideous cover on the case? I mean I'm tempted to skip over it just because I don't think I've ever seen a cover that looks more 'busy'.

There is a demo for 2K12, which is the exact same game. It's pretty good, I've played the demo alot. finally glad to pick this one up lol

Well that sucks, was really expecting $7.49 :whistle2:(

Guess I'll save that for another time and check out some of the rest of the sale...
I was hoping for $7.49, but I had a feeling it would only be 33% off.

Kind of lame, especially since big sellers like Gunslinger and Blood Dragon are 50% off for their first sale.

Yea just looked and saw used is $15 and new is $20. But are the DLC included important enough to warrant having such a hideous cover on the case? I mean I'm tempted to skip over it just because I don't think I've ever seen a cover that looks more 'busy'.

You can always print out your own cover if it bothers you that much.

I haven't actually gotten around to playing it (stupid backlog) but I think at the very least Harley Quinns Revenge ought to be worth playing, since it's an epilogue to the main game from my understanding. I also think playing as Nightwing and Robin sounds cool, though I can't comment if they add anything. Honestly though for only $5 more I doubt it would not be worth it.

WTF?!?  I redeemed a 2 day gold pass and I couldn't get the gold price for Call of Duty Classic.  I know the 48 hour trial codes don't work, bu the 2 day gold pass always has in the past.  When did this start.  This sucks.

Final internal debating for me for this week's deals.  Decided to pass on the ME3 and DS3 DLC since I havent even played the 2nd game in those series yet.

Pretty sure I want Motorcross Madness, seems like a good amount of content for $5.  I liked the Sacred Citadel demo, but I'd be more comfortable if it was $5 instead of $7.50.  For next week I'd say Gunslinger is for sure and Doodle Jump is a probably, so maybe I should just pass on Sacred Citadel for now. 

Decisions decisions.

Kinda off-topic but I don't know where else to ask, I think they deleted the Bing thread.

But anyway, is Bing being incredibly slow for anyone else? It's almost been unusable for the past week for me, and it's only bing.

Takes forever for pages to load, sometimes they even timeout

Idk
I'm having the same difficulties. Kept checking my speed to see if that was causing it, good to know the problem is not on my end.

Blood Dragon and Gunslinger or Tales of Vesperia? Having way too much trouble with this decision even though I've already beaten Tales of Vesperia.

Are you kidding me? It's only a $1 each but I would have thought that the Lego games would have had all the characters included. Of course I'm going off of how Star Wars and Indiana Jones had so many characters in them.
They get a free pass in my book since they were initially offered ONLY through a Gamestop promotion or whatnot (either pre-order or through PUR points). I was this close to going to eBay or CAG trading for >$5 until they finally released the packs for $2 each.

Secret awesome: Playing as Bizarro is identical to playing as Superman except it won't trigger the Superman music every time you fly, which is pretty much all of the time.

I'll recommend Motocross Madness for 5 bucks, pretty fun and does have quite a bit of content for that price. Got it when it came out and was satisfied.

The only bad thing is you'll wreck several times when there was really no reason for you to wreck. Almost as if they made that part realistic when the game didn't need to be realistic at all, either that or just bad design, ha

I missed out on the Omega DLC when it was on sale, but I picked up Leviathan. I wish MS would just have a big ME3 sale so I could buy all this shit and beat the game already 

Just played about 45 minutes of Doodle Jump for Kinect and I find it to be awesome.  Controls just fine in my fairly wide living room, tracks just fine, pretty much every death I had was my own fault.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game is not super precise (as with all Kinect games) but getting 3 stars on all levels seems like a fairly big challenge.  So completionists might want to look into that before picking it up.  For me, it was a no-brainer.

Also played the Gunslinger demo and it was awesome,  Definite buy later in the week.

Last minute impressions.. I tried Rayman 3 and Serious Sam DD XXL trials and found both to be between meh and ok. Can definitely wait until cheaper(which both have been on sale every 3~6 months) or I have nothing else to play ( which probably isn't going to happen forever). 

I was kinda hoping Bastion would be on sale but oh well...

I Already own Injustice and downloading it anyways. I Look forward to tomorrow morning with people saying "FUUUUUUU I MISSED FREE INJUSTICE?!?! FHEWIOFHEIOFVJQEWIJEQWAV JSK"

Damn, thats a deal now. Much better than that upcoming old game Rainbow Six all these old-ass Games with Gold.

Battleblock $10.04. Damn it! I fuck in' knew they were gonna wimp out with just a 33% discount.

I think I'll grab Sacred Citadel instead.
It's worth that for sure, but at the very end of the current gen consoles i wouldn't pay more than half price for any content.

Couple of things:

1) 30% off on Injustice stuff? 30%??? Couldn't make it 50% or even 33%? Or include ALL of the millions of DLC? I mean I know we've all been waiting for that stuff to go on sale, but for all the wait, they could have offered more. And the Season Pass isn't on sale afaik, which also sucks. Guess they're trying not to repeat the mistake of MK 9 DLC. Worst part is we don't see WB sales almost ever and I'm not sure this stuff would be included in a MK sale. :( The disc price hasn't dropped yet much either (unlike MK9), should we expect a GotY edition around the corner?

3) I'm happy that the Lego Batman 2 DLC is on sale, but sad that the Alien Hominid & Castle Crashers DLC is not. At least Alien Hominid finally got on sale again! (Same with Battleblock, I don't think $2.50 is worth the wait with these guys, I'll be honest).

The lack of an Injustice season pass sale is disappointing but I'd rather wait for a re-release like they did with MK. From the Marketplace description of the Injustice season pass it seems like it doesn't include all the DLC such as the many skins. Is that correct? If so, very disappointing and expensive for anyone who wants it all.

I'm in total agreement about #3. Just picked up the LEGO Batman DLC and was hoping for the Alien Hominid DLC too. I'll have to check XBLDB to see if it's ever gone on sale. And BBT is definitely worth the price.

I Already own Injustice and downloading it anyways. I Look forward to tomorrow morning with people saying "FUUUUUUU I MISSED FREE INJUSTICE?!?! FHEWIOFHEIOFVJQEWIJEQWAV JSK"
You know your backlog is bad when you can't be bothered to open a new account to grab a free game. I guess part of it is I have next to no interest in fighting games, but still, this is uncharacteristic of me...maybe I'm sick :beer:

**shakes fist at work and then at Costa Rica**

missing the Eagles game and free copy of Injustice because of work honestly sums up my life in a weird CAG sort of way...

The lack of an Injustice season pass sale is disappointing but I'd rather wait for a re-release like they did with MK. From the Marketplace description of the Injustice season pass it seems like it doesn't include all the DLC such as the many skins. Is that correct? If so, very disappointing and expensive for anyone who wants it all.

I'm in total agreement about #3. Just picked up the LEGO Batman DLC and was hoping for the Alien Hominid DLC too. I'll have to check XBLDB to see if it's ever gone on sale. And BBT is definitely worth the price.
The Injustice Season Pass includes a skin pack, but it's just the Flashpoint Skin Pack. Otherwise it's the four DLC characters. But for four characters and a skin pack, it's a good deal, I just wish it had gone on sale.

Oh sweet, just noticed Alien Hominid is $5. I've been waiting for a sale on it for a while now, as I loved the gamecube version when I randomly got a chance to borrow it. Definitely grabbing that and probably actually playing it soon (unlike a lot of my recent purchases...). ^_^

Quick question: does the 360 version have anything new added, besides the HD textures? I'll get it either way, but would be stoked if there was extra content.

I dont know about gamecube version but the 360 has a gamemode similar to n+ or super meat boy retro levels. I cant be more specific, i havent played it for long years.

Its been mentioned before but... I guess you all know Angry Birds Trilogy is free on russian marketplace, right?

Last night some people warned against buying MLB 2K13, apparently it's pretty bad or something.

I think they said it was only in development for 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back