XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Then again Dance Central is literally the flagship title of Microsoft's Kinect. It'd be stupid if they launch the new XBox with the new rumored packed in (but sounding more and more true) Kinect without DC4 as a launch title.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After they've put so much energy into the Dance Central series (which has received the most positive critical feedback of any Kinect game), I doubt they will neglect to do a new one for the next Xbox console. I imagine the new Kinect is just what the series needs to shake things up.

[quote name='eastx']Agreed. After they've put so much energy into the Dance Central series (which has received the most positive critical feedback of any Kinect game), I doubt they will neglect to do a new one for the next Xbox console. I imagine the new Kinect is just what the series needs to shake things up.[/QUOTE]
If I get co-op moves then I'd be so happy, but also it's the game that benefits most from the upgrade since (as much as I love my Kinect) it's one of the few games that works on that damn camera. Plus I forgot the article, but I remember hearing Harmonix working on about four or so games right now as well. If one of those is not Dance Central after they give that game 3 E3 mainstage presentations (with a goddamn Usher performance!) then I'd be shocked and might kill myself.

[quote name='Bloomy']XBLDB picked up the Far Cry 3 : Deluxe Bundle DLC dropping to half off (800 MSP -> 400 MSP).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bought!

Off topic but I NEVER buy themes. Only bought one ever and it was like 4 years ago or so. Are there any that actually look cool in the background? Want to change my dashboard since its been the same for ages.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but I NEVER buy themes. Only bought one ever and it was like 4 years ago or so. Are there any that actually look cool in the background? Want to change my dashboard since its been the same for ages.[/QUOTE]

Welp as long as you don't ask for premium thems you could use ANY picture as your background you want..just copy it on a usb and attach it to the xbox...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Welp as long as you don't ask for premium thems you could use ANY picture as your background you want..just copy it on a usb and attach it to the xbox...[/QUOTE]

You have any suggestions for premium themes? I may just add a photo myself in that case. So how would the layout look for friends and the party section? Just plain? Right now when I look at friends they are surrounded by zombies in the party section haha. I think I have the COD WAW zombie theme from when it came out.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but I NEVER buy themes. Only bought one ever and it was like 4 years ago or so. Are there any that actually look cool in the background? Want to change my dashboard since its been the same for ages.[/QUOTE]

Not that I want to self-promote... but if you want to preview any / all premium themes, check out ThemeXbox.com. We have a database that includes over 440+ previews for premium themes at the moment.

Personally, my favorites are the TRON: Legacy theme, Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion, Castlevania: HD, and both Nightmare Before Christmas themes. Everyone has different tastes, though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
That being said, I can't think of what I'd like to see a discount on. Not at the moment anyway.[/QUOTE]
Double Dragon Neon and Skullgirls for me.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Not that I want to self-promote... but if you want to preview any / all premium themes, check out ThemeXbox.com. We have a database that includes over 440+ previews for premium themes at the moment.

Personally, my favorites are the TRON: Legacy theme, Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion, Castlevania: HD, and both Nightmare Before Christmas themes. Everyone has different tastes, though.[/QUOTE]

sweet didn't know about this site. Thanks! Ill check em out.

[quote name='eastx']You are too hard on fighters, dude. Anyone who likes 2D fighters and appreciates variety is likely to dig JoJo's IMO. It's got a strong single-player story mode for an arcade game of that era, beautiful art and animation, and tons of creativity in the moves and gameplay system. Putting in the time to learn a game that's so different from Street Fighter might seem like too much of an investment, but it's not so different from Street Fighter that someone can't appreciate both games.[/QUOTE]
I like fighter games, but... I don't like Jojo's. In fact, I won't spend 800msp on it. Would think 600msp, maybe 400msp is more the price I would pay for it. It's not a good fighting game imo. I could play it in Dreamcast, but I don't want to. SF3 3rd strike for example, is way better. And last week KOF XIII was on sale for 400 msp, and Tekken Tag 2 for 800 msp.

[quote name='eastx']You are too hard on fighters, dude. Anyone who likes 2D fighters and appreciates variety is likely to dig JoJo's IMO. [/QUOTE]

Not really. I have every fighter for the Dreamcast. I also have a ton on the 360 (both 2D & 3D) and I don't dislike any of them nearly as much as I dislike Jojo. It's just a clunky game IMO and has very little appeal to me, and this is from someone who loved the anime.

[quote name='canvasch']i wish they''d do a sale on FarCry 3 GoD ... i know it just came out on GoD but I want it, just not at $60[/QUOTE]

...buy it used...

[quote name='canvasch']i wish they''d do a sale on FarCry 3 GoD ... i know it just came out on GoD but I want it, just not at $60[/QUOTE]

its $45. i bought it and the dlc bundle for 400 msp.

[quote name='E.Nich']I like fighter games, but... I don't like Jojo's. In fact, I won't spend 800msp on it. Would think 600msp, maybe 400msp is more the price I would pay for it. It's not a good fighting game imo. I could play it in Dreamcast, but I don't want to. SF3 3rd strike for example, is way better. And last week KOF XIII was on sale for 400 msp, and Tekken Tag 2 for 800 msp.[/QUOTE]

Unless you are not in North America, they were exactly double of what you said.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Not that I want to self-promote... but if you want to preview any / all premium themes, check out ThemeXbox.com. We have a database that includes over 440+ previews for premium themes at the moment.

Personally, my favorites are the TRON: Legacy theme, Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion, Castlevania: HD, and both Nightmare Before Christmas themes. Everyone has different tastes, though.[/QUOTE]

Love ThemeXbox for checking out themes. I went through a small phase where I bought a handful of premium themes after the NXE launch and it's the only good resource I've seen for previewing themes. R-Type Dimensions is my go-to theme.

That being said I haven't paid for any themes or avatar items for at least 2-3 years and I don't plan to ever again. Still, great job on the site!

So with the cancellation of Family Gold plan, does this also mean the death of Scratch and Win or the overall sales app since that hasn't been updated this week as well?

Has Jojo's ever been on sale on PSN before? If not, you guys think it will be sooner than later?

I ask because I REALLY want this game, but I hear the multiplayer is dead on XBL but only kinda dead on PSN.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']You are misremembering.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whitereflection']Unless you are not in North America, they were exactly double of what you said.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad. Yes, it was that price in a good part of Europe (where I live). I tend to forget that microsoft always mess with the GoD prices in every region.

Digital content should be priced the same whichever the region and take into account money change/value.

[quote name='Bloomy']

Can't find anything about 360 also (maybe, finally) getting it next week as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm praying.

[quote name='dstan']Has Jojo's ever been on sale on PSN before? If not, you guys think it will be sooner than later?

I ask because I REALLY want this game, but I hear the multiplayer is dead on XBL but only kinda dead on PSN.[/QUOTE]Nope, it's never been on sale on PSN. Hopefully, with the game being on sale, the online will be more active for a while.

[quote name='Bloomy']Was in Best Buy earlier tonight and noticed they had preorder listings for Scott Pilgrim online / Wallace DLC ($5) and an Ultimate Edition pack ($15) for the PS3 dated 3/12. Checking around the Net, listings for them have been on Best Buy's web site for a few days.[/QUOTE]Wonder if the Ultimate Edition is the game with the DLC included.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']...buy it used...[/QUOTE]
I know it's alot cheaper used... but I have just under 6000 MSP total... thanks to bing and 1600 from that Brisk Text to Win contest.... and can't really find anything to spend it on... So I don't mind paying alot of MSP for a good game.... but just refuse to spend 4800 on it...at least until I finish a few games I'm playing now (Sleeping Dogs, Orcs Must Die, Lord of the Rings Conquest, Blazing Angels)

[quote name='snakemaster2389']its $45. i bought it and the dlc bundle for 400 msp.[/QUOTE]
My main account is a north american account... and it's showing up as $60 or 4800 msp :( ... If it's on sale for $45 again I'd be all over it.

Just a question, related to the model 2 fightes, I got all of the ones in sonic the fighters, but is anyone else having trouble getting the attract mode and such to work on virtua fighter? I do it how I read on the achievements but I can never get it to work.

Still waiting for some ME3 DLC to go on sale. Love ME, but the DLC just doesn't seem worth the full price anymore now that the story has essentially ended :/

[quote name='Koelker12']Still waiting for some ME3 DLC to go on sale. Love ME, but the DLC just doesn't seem worth the full price anymore now that the story has essentially ended :/[/QUOTE]

Most DLC isn't worth the $, very few are.

[quote name='canvasch']I know it's alot cheaper used... but I have just under 6000 MSP total... thanks to bing[/QUOTE]

I was just fooling with you and yes Bing rewards are awesome.

[quote name='Koelker12']Still waiting for some ME3 DLC to go on sale. Love ME, but the DLC just doesn't seem worth the full price anymore now that the story has essentially ended :/[/QUOTE]
Off-topic ME3 DLC stuff to follow (doesn't spoil anything, though).

I thought Citadel and Leviathan were both worth the asking price, while Omega is definitely a "wait for sale" item. Citadel is right up there with some of the best DLC releases I can think of, like Shadow Broker and Minerva's Den. The story is total camp, and the "run around and shoot stuff" part is pretty short and uninspired, but the conversations and scenes with the characters are brilliant. And there's hours and hours of them. I was smiling the whole time.

I know, even though I get the majority of my points from Bing, I'm just stubborn about paying more than $10 for a DLC, even though people are gushing over Citadel. It's ridiculous that you can get the full game disc for $20 right now and the DLC is not much lower.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']What exactly is the Citadel dlc?[/QUOTE]

As the trailers have said, its a great last adventure with your ME crew. I wont go into spoilers but if you enjoyed the series and the characters you will easily find 1200 MSP worth of content.

Leviathan I got for 400 MSP during the Black Friday sale and while I havent finished it I watched its ending on youtube and 400 is about what its worth.

Omega, I havent played yet as I too am waiting for a sale. It looks pretty uninspired though.

Far Cry 3 was $45 the first week it was out for Games on Demand but Ubisoft jacked the price back up to $60. Either way being a Ubisoft game it should drop to $40 soon, but it is selling rather well.

i see people talking about bing to get microsoft points, how exactly is this done? i'd like to start getting them

Sorry if this has been asked, but, Sonic the Fighters or Virtua Fighter 2? Can only choose one, which one should I go with?

[quote name='sicsonic']Sorry if this has been asked, but, Sonic the Fighters or Virtua Fighter 2? Can only choose one, which one should I go with?[/QUOTE]

If you want easy-peasy achievements, go for Sonic the Fighters.
If you want easy-peasy achievements AND a good game, snatch Virtua Fighter 2.

So I'm still downloading the games from last week's sale and I noticed the rechargeable battery in my controller is completely dead. I made the mistake last year of not removing the cord when it was fully charged, but until yesterday the controller worked as long as the wire was attached.

Here's my question: Would it be worth it to get another rechargeable battery/cord or use AA batteries? Right now I am using the batteries and I like how the controller shuts off when I don't use it for a period of time (although I can't seem to adjust the shutoff timer).

[quote name='Cage017']So I'm still downloading the games from last week's sale and I noticed the rechargeable battery in my controller is completely dead. I made the mistake last year of not removing the cord when it was fully charged, but until yesterday the controller worked as long as the wire was attached.

Here's my question: Would it be worth it to get another rechargeable battery/cord or use AA batteries? Right now I am using the batteries and I like how the controller shuts off when I don't use it for a period of time (although I can't seem to adjust the shutoff timer).[/QUOTE]

I just buy big boxes of batteries from tractor supply for 5 bucks and they last me at least 3-4 months. I get I would say, about 20 hours out of batteries and I don't have to worry about the wires and the fact those recharge batteries die fast.

well ive never had those rechargable batteries die completely as in as long as they are plugged in they work.

of course this depends on how many USB spots your xbox has and how many people play.

if its mostly solo playing get a new cord and battery. 20 dollars that will last several years? yes please. but check it could just be popping loose on the controller. might need to tape it in place or something

[quote name='sicsonic']Sorry if this has been asked, but, Sonic the Fighters or Virtua Fighter 2? Can only choose one, which one should I go with?[/QUOTE]
Both are really crappy games IMO. Don't buy either unless you're looking for a super quick 400 gamerscore.

Yeah save those 400 points and put them towards either Nights or Virtua Fighter 5, which are both much better games.

Fighting Vipers is the only one of the model 2 ports worth owning, and even it is still a step back from later versions of the game.

VF2 is a classic.

[quote name='Cage017']So I'm still downloading the games from last week's sale and I noticed the rechargeable battery in my controller is completely dead. I made the mistake last year of not removing the cord when it was fully charged, but until yesterday the controller worked as long as the wire was attached.

Here's my question: Would it be worth it to get another rechargeable battery/cord or use AA batteries? Right now I am using the batteries and I like how the controller shuts off when I don't use it for a period of time (although I can't seem to adjust the shutoff timer).[/QUOTE]

Mine still works when the cord is connected, but it barely holds a charge without it. It was like that about a year or so after I bought the play n charge kit. If/when mine ever dies completely, I'm just going to switch to batteries. The MS Play N Charge kit is pretty sorry in my opinion.

I recommend eneloop rechargables.

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah save those 400 points and put them towards either Nights or Virtua Fighter 5, which are both much better games.

Fighting Vipers is the only one of the model 2 ports worth owning, and even it is still a step back from later versions of the game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. Fighting Vipers 2 was only released for the Dreamcast in Japan and Europe and the Saturn port of Fighting Vipers is graphically inferior but technically identical.

Fighters' Megamix was freaking amazing though and definitely worth owning if you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back