XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='merchie89']Ive got 1200 MSP. to get shatter dimensions or not...hmmm

Im curious what could possibly be in a WWE sale, arent there only like two games and a couple DLC recently? Cant see too much interest[/QUOTE]

Also got 1200 after buying my Bioshock Infinite season pass. Struggling with what to spend it on.

[quote name='canvasch']good sale, let me spend some of my stock pile of bing MSP....
got, hitman absolution, just cause 2 and dragonborn...[/QUOTE]

your post literally got my back to using bing. did it for like 3 months when it first came out, then didnt they shut down the microsoft points offer or something? (cant remember exactly why I stopped) Cant imagine how much MSP i coulda gotten

i just got a 360 in december... signed up with bing on 4 accounts shortly after... i just go to images and click random related searches to get my 15 points a day (one of my accounts can get 30 a day) and do the facebook offers if they show up.... anyways... i've accumulated about 6500 msp in those 3 months... i find it harder to spend the msp on games or dlc than i do to earn them .... infact... a few weeks ago i read the terms and conditions on the bing points for msp... and discovered they are good for a year after they email you them.... so i've started stock piling them to trade to some of my fellow CAG (or sell on listia, see my sig)....

to be fair i'm a very picky gamer, and only play games i decide i'll truly enjoy and complete based on multiple reviews..... couple that with the fact that I only try to buy stuff off the xbox marketplace when i believe it's the lowest price it's going to be for a good while.

[quote name='solidus_00']Looks like they fixed the Ultra Complete Costume pack for SSFIV as it's now has the sale price of 720 MSP, but they also left the Super Complete Costume pack price at 720. Add in the arcade challengers price you can get them all for a even 1600 msp. Which isn't bad considering.

Also am I the only have that went YAY! at the April 5th release date of the Double Dragon II game, but they yelled DAM IT! at the 1200 msp price point :cry:[/QUOTE]

What is the arcade challengers pack? Alternate costumes for the 4 Arcade Edition characters? This has been very confusing.

[quote name='canvasch']i just got a 360 in december... signed up with bing on 4 accounts shortly after... i just go to images and click random related searches to get my 15 points a day (one of my accounts can get 30 a day) and do the facebook offers if they show up.... anyways... i've accumulated about 6500 msp in those 3 months... i find it harder to spend the msp on games or dlc than i do to earn them .... infact... a few weeks ago i read the terms and conditions on the bing points for msp... and discovered they are good for a year after they email you them.... so i've started stock piling them to trade to some of my fellow CAG (or sell on listia, see my sig)....

to be fair i'm a very picky gamer, and only play games i decide i'll truly enjoy and complete based on multiple reviews..... couple that with the fact that I only try to buy stuff off the xbox marketplace when i believe it's the lowest price it's going to be for a good while.[/QUOTE]

Want to speed up the process? I just use Bing Rewards Bot and it does the searching for me. I have 3 accounts and 1 earns 30 a day and it literally takes me a few seconds to log in and click to start searching, I come back a few minutes later and my searches are done.

Also I believe there is a limit to how much MSP you can earn and put into a single XBL account. Using multiple accounts is also a potential hazard.

thanks for the link, i won't use it though, i fear the banhammer for violating the terms and conditions... .. you are correct,, it is 64,000 msp from bing points per xbpx live account.

[quote name='blackjaw']Got all skyrim dlc and am deciding between just cause 2 or ssf4ae. Tough decisions, good sale.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the AE just DLC for SSF 4 on the Marketplace? Or is there an actual AE GoD?

You can get a disc of SSF 4 AE for $20 at Gamestop. Sure it's around that price on Amazon also.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I could see wwe13 for like 40, with the dlc on sale, and wwe all stars for 15 or something. Don't know if they have avatar stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yes All-Stars, 12, and 13 all have avatar DLC. There are extra wrestlers for 11, 12, 13, & All Stars. 11, 12, and 13 sells it under the Axxess DLC (I think it's $20 per game normally) while All Stars has about 5 wrestler packs all $2-$5 each.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Personally, if you're even remotely a fan of the series, Citadel is worth 1200 MSP. Lots of great ME1 and 2 nods and returning characters with a ton of replayability.

Omega I too am waiting for a sale, but even 800 MSP seems like a stretch for it.[/QUOTE]

No chance on Citadel being on sale this soon. Hell Leviathan only saw a one-day BF sale and Omega hasn't been on sale at all. I'm waiting on Omega as well.

As GamerDude said though, Citadel is worth every penny of the $15 if you're any type of fan for the series.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']A little question... does the Hearthfire DLC worth it?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Unless you're just starting out or want all the achievements I wouldn't pay any more than 200 points for this. All it does is allow you to build a house in 3 of the 4 holds (Winterborn being the exception) that you can't earn a house from a Jarl in the base game and adopt kids.

Each of the houses in the holds are in the countryside in that Jarl's territory instead of in the town so you have to defend it from monster/bandit attacks, etc. as well.

[quote name='irafreak']Thoughts on Ducktales...I would be surprised if it included either original. Have we seen a nintendo game on xbox or any other non nintendo platform? Yeah contra for example but that was the arcade version. It seems nintendo owns the rights to any of their titles and Ducktales 1 and 2 were nintendo exclusive (nes and gb).[/QUOTE]

If it was a straight port then yes. But this is an HD remake of the game and it's a joint venture with both Disney and Capcom, who are the original IP holder and developer respectively.

Most of the Rare N64 lineup outside of Donkey Kong 64 and Goldeneye have had full HD ports on XBLA since Rare had the IP rights. There was an HD port of Goldeneye ready to go for XBLA but Activision blocked it so they could have their own remake of Goldeneye on Wii then eventually 360 and PS3.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Want to speed up the process? I just use Bing Rewards Bot and it does the searching for me. I have 3 accounts and 1 earns 30 a day and it literally takes me a few seconds to log in and click to start searching, I come back a few minutes later and my searches are done.

Also I believe there is a limit to how much MSP you can earn and put into a single XBL account. Using multiple accounts is also a potential hazard.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I had about eight accounts for well over a year. The amount of full games and add ons and arcade titles I own is ridiculous.

Then about October of last year... banned.

Oh well, was a blast while it lasted.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless I'm mistaken, Blood Money was an actual Xbox 360 game first, so the version in the HD collection should just be a re-release of that exact same game.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Same achievement list and same save files if you had them previously.

[quote name='Komentra']Lol. I had about eight accounts for well over a year. The amount of full games and add ons and arcade titles I own is ridiculous.

Oh well, was a blast while it lasted.[/QUOTE]

Banned from Xbox Live? Do you have any idea if it was specific to your gamertag or the console as a whole? I'm just shocked to hear that it happened at all.

JC2 for 800 MSP seems pretty good but I may think about it for a little while longer before pulling the trigger. Anyone care to add anything about this game? I played the demo and I had some fun with it.

Is the Rockstar Pass for Max Payne 3 worth it? The game was fun but I only played the multiplayer mode a few times when I was still new to that kind of gaming (I'm getting use to it now thanks to Horde mode in Gears of War 3).

[quote name='Cage017']Is the Rockstar Pass for Max Payne 3 worth it? The game was fun but I only played the multiplayer mode a few times when I was still new to that kind of gaming (I'm getting use to it now thanks to Horde mode in Gears of War 3).[/QUOTE]

Not worth. They were promised NYMHC co-op mode and never delivered this...
Buy only if you are completionist and need those achievement points.

[quote name='Cage017']Is the Rockstar Pass for Max Payne 3 worth it? [/QUOTE]

I was also wanting to know this.
Just had a look through all the dlc and it looks like it is all multiplayer.
Are there any single player mission dlc for Max Payne 3 I might have missed?
How is the multiplayer in Max Payne 3?

[quote name='xbox_man']I was also wanting to know this.
Just had a look through all the dlc and it looks like it is all multiplayer.
Are there any single player mission dlc for Max Payne 3 I might have missed?
How is the multiplayer in Max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]

Only sp part is in the latest dlc - but it add only challenge mode to standard sp campaign (kill XX dudes without dying before next checkpoint etc...).
I highly recommend to anyone first to give a try to mp, before throw their points.

[quote name='Sath666']Only sp part is in the latest dlc - but it add only challenge mode to standard sp campaign (kill XX dudes without dying before next checkpoint etc...).
I highly recommend to anyone first to give a try to mp, before throw their points.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. I would have thought with all of that dlc there would be a few single player dlc.

I was banned from Bing rewards too. I didn't use any bots or multiple acc'ts. Customer service won't tell you the specific reason you were banned but reading between the lines from one particular CSR leads me to believe that being behind a proxy (which I am at work) can result in getting you banned from their rewards. Which sucks, I had no problem maxing out my rewards from legitimate searching at work.

[quote name='Komentra']Lol. I had about eight accounts for well over a year. The amount of full games and add ons and arcade titles I own is ridiculous.

Oh well, was a blast while it lasted.[/QUOTE]

Your Bing account or your XBL account? For now I'm just stockpiling bing points to use if they ever discount MSP again. I don't intend to use more than one account's points on my US tag anyway. I have been using the other two to buy random overseas content like Virtual On's recent Japan-only rerelease. I just don't want my 10 year old XBL account in jeopardy.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Want to speed up the process? I just use Bing Rewards Bot and it does the searching for me. I have 3 accounts and 1 earns 30 a day and it literally takes me a few seconds to log in and click to start searching, I come back a few minutes later and my searches are done.

Also I believe there is a limit to how much MSP you can earn and put into a single XBL account. Using multiple accounts is also a potential hazard.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I was hoping someone would make something like this.

I think the limit for promotional points per account is 8000. I always get too lazy to do Bing so haven't hit the limit yet.

I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there), but this is likely time sensitive and I know people probably don't frequent it much. That Frito promotion that scores you codes for The Maw or Toy Soldiers (first one) is working again.

I entered these codes (credit doesn't belong to me, but whoever first posted them on the other thread):

b1: 564105307 11:11
b2: 565105326 12:05

at this website:

http://www.chargeupyourfun.com

You can use the same codes multiple times so that you can score both games.

[quote name='mpaullin']I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there), but this is likely time sensitive and I know people probably don't frequent it much. That Frito promotion that scores you codes for The Maw or Toy Soldiers (first one) is working again.

I entered these codes (credit doesn't belong to me, but whoever first posted them on the other thread):

at this website:

You can use the same codes multiple times so that you can score both games.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Got both! Thanks a lot!!

[quote name='mpaullin']I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there), but this is likely time sensitive and I know people probably don't frequent it much. That Frito promotion that scores you codes for The Maw or Toy Soldiers (first one) is working again.

at this website:

You can use the same codes multiple times so that you can score both games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Got em!

at this website:

Thanks. I already had The Maw. So, I was glad to take Toy Soldiers!!

at this website:

Thank you kindly. Now I got meself some free loot thanks to you:D

I also bought Hitman Blood Money, Just Cause 2, and Dragonborn.

[quote name='mpaullin']I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there) ...[/QUOTE]

Inexcusable. This thread and forum are based upon the concept of saving money while still spending money, which is completely and utterly violated by the very idea of receiving an Xbox Live Arcade game for free. You should feel an overwhelming level of guilt for your single forum post among hundreds of thousands. Take your "good deeds" elsewhere.

[quote name='Hardware']What is the arcade challengers pack? Alternate costumes for the 4 Arcade Edition characters? This has been very confusing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly. But you get two costumes for each arcade characters in the pack instead of just one like the other packs. Reason being I believe all the other costume packs were released before the 'Arcade Edition' so to give those characters alternate costumes they added another pack with two costumes each so they be on par with the SSFIV characters. Though one could argue that they should have been just included in the Arcade Ad-on.

Here's the run down on the very confusing costume DLC this game.

Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SFIV - You get one alternate costume for every character in SFIV, but the DLC does carry over to SSFIV/Arcade so every character in SSFIV that was in SFIV gets a costume.

Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SSFIV/Arcade - One alternate costume for every character in SSFIV.

Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SSIV/Arcade - One alternate costume for every character in SSFIV.

Arcade Challengers Pack for Arcade Ed. - Two alternate costumes for the 4 arcade edition characters.

So after everything any character that was in SFIV has a total of 3 alternate costumes and all other characters(from SSFIV & Arcade Ed. only) have two.

.........I just wrote all that and even I'm confused now. :lol:

Also if you want to see all the costumes before hand try here. Just scroll down to the bottom on the right, they'll have links for each character showing their base costume and the alternates you get from each pack.

at this website:

You. Are. Sexyfine.

Grabbed Toy Soldiers. Already have The Maw

at this website:

yup got the maw (already had toy soldiers) thanks

Are there any realease date deals for Terraria on XBLA ?

I know it came out today, but was hoping for any type of glitchage or first day discount or anything

at this website:

Thanks.

at this website:

All the internets for you, Sir. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back