XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='steelcurtain11']It's kind of disappointing when you buy a season pass for Halo 4 day 1, but then they discount it on the day after the last piece of it comes out.[/QUOTE]

The lesson is: it always pays to wait. Everyone should be aware of this by now, especially if you're on this site.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']Do you avoid buying games for older systems bc there's no point without achievement tracking?[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for him, but I always check the achievement lists and guides before buying a game. Achievement stats and aiming for completion is a big part of what has made gaming this generation fun for me (and I'm not interested in debating why or whether this a good/bad thing in this thread). When I was looking into the games on sale today and saw an achievement for CS:GO that started with "Play 5,000 matches," my response was "Nope, no way" and closing that tab.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']The lesson is: it always pays to wait. Everyone should be aware of this by now, especially if you're on this site.
[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this but then Bioshock Infinite did something tricky (i.e. smart) and offered some extras for the game right away with their season pass so I bit on it. Otherwise, I am done with the whole season pass thing.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I 2nd this but then Bioshock Infinite did something tricky (i.e. smart) and offered some extras for the game right away with their season pass so I bit on it. Otherwise, I am done with the whole season pass thing.[/QUOTE]
Did they? Just because the extras say "Day one" means they are a limited time offer. Nothing in the description suggests that freebie will disappear

[quote name='RollingSkull']Did they? Just because the extras say "Day one" means they are a limited time offer. Nothing in the description suggests that freebie will disappear[/QUOTE]

You get a set of 4 pieces of Gear that are more powerful than the similar versions you can find in the game, you get your pistol and machine gun golden skinned and they start with a 33% damage boost, where normally the boosts you can buy are 25%, and you get 5 infusion bottles to increase your health, shield, or salt (mana) pool and are the only way to increase all 3 pools to their max amount as there's only 25 in the main game and each attribute can be boosted 10 times.

Also it allows you to miss up to 5 of the Infusion bottles in the main game and still get the achievement for getting all 25 infusion bottles.

You have to buy the pass before you start the game as you get the bonuses in a bar you arrive in within the first hour of gameplay and those bonuses (minus the guns) only appear in that room and once you leave the room you can't go back. They are available in every playthrough you do of the game, which is a big help for playing it on any combination of Hard or 1999 mode.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']$7.50 (600 MSP) on HU market. From what I've seen its region free[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I think he's saying having it on disk with all of the Halo 3 maps on disc 2 is worth the extra money.

Anyone know when the MSRP of Amalur on 360 is going to drop? Doesn't affect me as I have the disk but in the last month EA has lowered the MSRP on PSN from $40 to $30 and now $20 this week while the 360 version stays at $40.

Also used copies at GS reflect this as used 360 copies still go for $39.99.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone know when the MSRP of Amalur on 360 is going to drop? Doesn't affect me as I have the disk but in the last month EA has lowered the MSRP on PSN from $40 to $30 and now $20 this week while the 360 version stays at $40.

Also used copies at GS reflect this as used 360 copies still go for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

its $30 now on xbl, you silly.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...eckoning/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541093e

Great news! I Am Alive is going to be on sale finally, for 480msp. Also, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...not.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone know when the MSRP of Amalur on 360 is going to drop? Doesn't affect me as I have the disk but in the last month EA has lowered the MSRP on PSN from $40 to $30 and now $20 this week while the 360 version stays at $40.

Also used copies at GS reflect this as used 360 copies still go for $39.99.[/QUOTE]
As I said in the other thread, it's $29.99 on Xbox Live since it dropped a few weeks ago:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...eckoning/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541093e

It'll drop soon to match PSN anyway.

[quote name='irafreak']5000 msp on regular priced content? I hope it was all DLC or it's no wonder you can't find a sale priced game to buy...[/QUOTE]

1600 - Bioshock Infinite season Pass
1600 - GOW Judgment Season Pass
1600 - GOW Judgment Season Pass
800 - Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC

I also got a armor skin for gears for 320 MSP since I have a huge stockpile from tons of sales plus Bing points. So about 5920 MSP on regular priced stuff. Yep. When I enjoy something I buy it. Im not going to wait two years for a sale to save 50% at the very best. By that time its not even fun to play with some multiplayer game content. I like to jump in day one for the games I love. ;)

Forgot I got a few sales as well
800 - Dragonborn
800 - RE: ORC DLC

Still have plenty of MSP left. I generally stay away from arcades though (I still do own about 150). I would rather have DLC to retail games.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Did they? Just because the extras say "Day one" means they are a limited time offer. Nothing in the description suggests that freebie will disappear[/QUOTE]

MSUHitman covered what they were but I should have clarified what I meant by right away. I only meant that buying the Season Pass gave you some digital content for the game right away but not that the content was time sensitive. I am sure if you are waiting to play Infinite and the SP goes on sale you will still get those items at that time.

I was only saying it was smart to provide some content with the pass on the day you buy it instead of just having to wait for the DLC.

Side note: The season pass for Infinite only promises all 3 DLCs will be released by March 2014 so I would guess a sale might happen before all of it is released.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You get a set of 4 pieces of Gear that are more powerful than the similar versions you can find in the game, you get your pistol and machine gun golden skinned and they start with a 33% damage boost, where normally the boosts you can buy are 25%, and you get 5 infusion bottles to increase your health, shield, or salt (mana) pool and are the only way to increase all 3 pools to their max amount as there's only 25 in the main game and each attribute can be boosted 10 times.

Also it allows you to miss up to 5 of the Infusion bottles in the main game and still get the achievement for getting all 25 infusion bottles.

You have to buy the pass before you start the game as you get the bonuses in a bar you arrive in within the first hour of gameplay and those bonuses (minus the guns) only appear in that room and once you leave the room you can't go back. They are available in every playthrough you do of the game, which is a big help for playing it on any combination of Hard or 1999 mode.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this information. I don't too don't mind dropping the money on season passes if it's for a great game or a game ima play the shit out of. Ex. BO 2. Yeah, i paid $50 mainly for zombies, but I get TONS of hours of gameplay from that alone. I mean come on, haven't you guys seen the trailer for Mob of The Dead??? Sick!!

Paid 120 more points on Bionic Commando 2 from the sales and specials app! #-o
Marvel Origins Discounted 50%! :whee:
My Spend More, Get More punchcard still looking a lil weak. :rofl:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thank you so much for this information. I don't too don't mind dropping the money on season passes if it's for a great game or a game ima play the shit out of. Ex. BO 2. Yeah, i paid $50 mainly for zombies, but I get TONS of hours of gameplay from that alone. I mean come on, haven't you guys seen the trailer for Mob of The Dead??? Sick!![/QUOTE]

I was wondering if we would get another Call of the Dead-esque DLC. Guess I was right.

So next DLC should be Clinton, Bush, Obama and Bin Laden, right?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I was wondering if we would get another Call of the Dead-esque DLC. Guess I was right.

So next DLC should be Clinton, Bush, Obama and Bin Laden, right?[/QUOTE]

And either condalisa rice, Dick Cheney, or Kim Jong Il. ;)

[quote name='freshzen']You get 1000/1000 for simply beating Enchanted Arms. It's not a bad game either.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. I found Enchanted Arms to be one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had. It's a very very very linear JRPG. And just moving was tedious. I hate when I have to press a button to climb a ladder then walk down a hall and then press another button to descend another ladder. The story just never grabbed me either. Then again I'm not huge on JRPGs so maybe it just wasn't for me (was an impulse buy for $3 at Eb Games years ago). Completing it is way down on the list of my backlog. If you're looking for a 1000/1000 experience there are much better places to have it that at least don't suck up too much of your time. Or do yourself a favour and play a really good game without worrying about achievements.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Great news! I Am Alive is going to be on sale finally, for 480msp. Also, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...not.[/QUOTE]

I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think trials only let you play online and not get access to Gold-exclusive deals.[/QUOTE]

I haven't confirmed myself since I always have gold but this is from the OP

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY ... neither a 48hr GOLD trial nor
free GOLD weekends will give you the sale price. You must
either be a paying Individual/Family subscriber or within a
console-activated "1 month complimentary GOLD trial" account.

So it's possible it works but not sure myself, seems like it would though.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Great news! I Am Alive is going to be on sale finally, for 480msp. Also, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...not.[/QUOTE]

15 minutes could save you 15% or more...

so I tried some trials, Hell Yeah! is freakin amazing and im buying that immediately, Dungeon Defenders is a bit meh but I still might grab it

[quote name='JDMoney']Leaked footage of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is online. Looks pretty good. Check it out before Ubisoft has it removed. Apparently some hackers got into the uplay servers and figured out how to download all of the Ubisoft games for free. Story here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/hackers-obtain-far-cry-3-blood-dragon?utm_campaign[/quote]

Neat! Thanks for the sneak peak. Anytime I read about hacker stuff I'm like :drool: I have trouble when my router acts up.

[quote name='freshzen']Looks like I won't bother with CS: GO...400+ hours to achieve the full 400 gamer score. Yikes!

May hold off on Tomb Raider for 75-80% off.[/QUOTE]

I'm a gigantic achievement whore and somewhat of completionist, but I highly recommend u don't let that get in the way of playing cs go. It's lots of fun and still worth it at this price even though u won't finish the achievements.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm a gigantic achievement whore and somewhat of completionist, but I highly recommend u don't let that get in the way of playing cs go. It's lots of fun and still worth it at this price even though u won't finish the achievements.[/QUOTE]

Have they implemented a single patch or fix that they pushed through on the PC version? Last I heard it had the team fortress 2 treatment.

I couldn't resist Marvel Origins. I figure for 600 points, why not. That Farcry 3 Blood Dragon game looks awesome.

Anyone else interested in the game God Mode coming out? I can't decide if its even worth the time. I really want to like it based on what I've seen so far, but I am just have a bad feeling about it.

It doesn't get a lot of attention but I actually really like Kill Team and would definitely recommend it at that price next week. One of the better twin-stick shooters I've played and has a pretty fun replayable challenge mode on top of the campaign. The biggest bummer for me about it is the lack of online co-op. It's still a lot of fun solo, though.

[quote name='gubmccargen']It doesn't get a lot of attention but I actually really like Kill Team and would definitely recommend it at that price next week. One of the better twin-stick shooters I've played and has a pretty fun replayable challenge mode on top of the campaign. The biggest bummer for me about it is the lack of online co-op. It's still a lot of fun solo, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. For some reason i thought that game was a MP based shooter, ala quake live. This looks more interesting now. .

[quote name='bajingo']Thanks for posting this. For some reason i thought that game was a MP based shooter, ala quake live. This looks more interesting now. .[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'm glad if people are checking it out since I thought it was an enjoyable, but not spectacular, little gem. I remember it was supposed to be a weird tie-in to Space Marine but the gameplay is nothing like it. Kill Team is more Diablo than Quake with an isometric viewpoint.

The gameplay is twin-stick shooting/melee while you run through some large maps taking out enemies and objectives in digestible levels. There are several characters with different weapon styles. I believe it has local co-op but they went cheap and left out online co-op, which would have been great.

Achievements are about average but an easy 100 or so just from going through the campaign. It was one of the more enjoyable XBLA titles I played last year, which I got for 400 from one of the sales. It's an easy recommend at 320.

The official April price drops are:

Rotastic - 400 MSP
Guardian Heroes - 400 MSP
Sega Bass Fishing - 400 MSP
Special Forces Team X - 800 MSP
Renegade Ops - 800 MSP
Skulls of the Shogun - 800 MSP
Skyrim - $39.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $29.99

I would say not to buy BF1943 just on principle, its a very fun game which I got at launch for 1200 MSP but Dice barely supported it then just dropped it to go work on Bad Company 2 just a few month in when they had said new content was dependent on how the game did and if I recall it was the best selling XBLA title ever at that time

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I would say not to buy BF1943 just on principle, its a very fun game which I got at launch for 1200 MSP but Dice barely supported it then just dropped it to go work on Bad Company 2 just a few month in when they had said new content was dependent on how the game did and if I recall it was the best selling XBLA title ever at that time[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point, it was a great selling game and I remember playing it with probably 20+ of my Xbox friends...then very little support. Great game though.

Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Thats a good point, it was a great selling game and I remember playing it with probably 20+ of my Xbox friends...then very little support. Great game though.

Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.[/QUOTE]

I personally remember sitting there pumping quarters into the original and so it is a no brainer for me at that price.

As a fighter it still stands up on its own despite being like 15 years old. If you enjoy the series and have played the older titles it is fantastic nostalgia and fun. If you have not played the originals, then you most definitely owe it to yourself then, no questions!

(To be fair I am a bit biased because I have absolutely been a huge Marvel fighter fanboy since Marvel Super Heroes)

[quote name='Cleaner7']The official April price drops are:

Rotastic - 400 MSP
Guardian Heroes - 400 MSP
Sega Bass Fishing - 400 MSP
Special Forces Team X - 800 MSP
Renegade Ops - 800 MSP
Skulls of the Shogun - 800 MSP
Skyrim - $39.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $29.99[/QUOTE]

seriously? did they really just pull that shit just after having it on sale? those sneaky fucks.

[quote name='taylort3']seriously? did they really just pull that shit just after having it on sale? those sneaky fucks.[/QUOTE]

Why get upset over something like this since it was on sale for 400msp as well last time.

Hell yeah was pretty cool. However, personally i got a little bored at some point around halfway through and stopped playing it. Outland was the same exact story; loved it at first, but i just got a little bored of the mechanics by the end. Whereas shadow complex and SOTN (never played it till xbla) kept me itching to keep playing more all the way through my first playthrough and beyond. for what its worth. i skipped out on insanely twisted shadow planet bc i figured it would suffer that boring 2nd half of the game fate (was that a good move, or is that game more on par with SC and SOTN?)

[quote name='taylort3']seriously? did they really just pull that shit just after having it on sale? those sneaky fucks.[/QUOTE]
They never announced these games as being on sale. They were picked up as price drops on spylon's site. Microsoft always discounts their monthly price drops well before they officially list them.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's not worthy if you already have the second one. Unless you want to own the two of them, that is.

I played the first one back in the day and didn't like it too much, but I always liked Marvel Superheroes and X-men: Children of the Atom (hard as fuckck, but doesn't come with origins). AND MvC2 has a LOT of characters.

That said, my technique has been: yesterday I purchased origins, and today I will get MvC2, as I said, I would feel bad getting the first if I already had the second, soooo, I will do it backwards :lol:

PD: I feel a little dirty anyways ;)

Now that I've spent 1200 the other 2000 will be DD Neon and Skullgirls, since they never put them on sale, I'll create a sale myself thanks to the rewards program :D

[quote name='cthomer5000']I genuinely recommend I Am Alive. I thought that game had a lot of interesting aspects, and AAA level sound design that gave it a really creepy atmosphere in a lot of places.

It was actually one of my favorite games last year, I would say if anyone was 'interested' than 480 is the right price.[/QUOTE]

I was starting to think it will never go on sale. I mean did it really sell well to warrant no discount? I don't think it sold well. Anyways a sale for 480msp is much more than I was expecting.

[quote name='JDMoney']Leaked footage of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is online. Looks pretty good. Check it out before Ubisoft has it removed. Apparently some hackers got into the uplay servers and figured out how to download all of the Ubisoft games for free. Story here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/hackers-obtain-far-cry-3-blood-dragon?utm_campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhFp2_NnvM[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know if companies secretly hire hackers to beef up their security? Anyways, that what I always think when hackers strike.

[quote name='Twista48']so I tried some trials, Hell Yeah! is freakin amazing and im buying that immediately, Dungeon Defenders is a bit meh but I still might grab it[/QUOTE]
Wish I could at least try Hell Yeah!, every time it goes on sale multiple people talk about how much fun it is. I like the idea of Dungeon Defenders but couldn't get of the controls and camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back