XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wrong place to ask but im freaked out. Turn on my 360 nd my avatar is wearing different clothes, my achievement is only the last three games that ive played, and i cant see friends achievements. Did my account get hacked? Also i have no cc info on my account, thank god.[/QUOTE]

Probably MS have messed some things. Few of my friends have exactly the same problem. Their GS go from 50k to 20/100GS,

edit: Word from Microsoft:

"Some customers are currently showing zero achievements and gamer scores on Xbox LIVE. We are aware of the problem and appreciate your patience while we implement a solution''

[quote name='Sath666']Probably MS have messed some things. Few of my friends have exactly the same problem. Their GS go from 50k to 20/100GS,

edit: Word from Microsoft:

"Some customers are currently showing zero achievements and gamer scores on Xbox LIVE. We are aware of the problem and appreciate your patience while we implement a solution''[/QUOTE]

And one more advice, don't get any GS as long as this isn't solved any new GS will reset your Gamerscore even it wasn't before!!

Nah the gs was fine but my list was only my last 3 games played. I quick launched ms spolsion man and the list was back, but now my avatar awards list is only that game. So now im forced to launch EVERY fuckING game that i unlocked awards in. fuck. Also thanks on the heads up on the gs things. Have a game coming in today and i dont want my gs to be zero.

From the Xbox support twitter just now.

"@XboxSupport: For those experiencing Gamerscore issues, please sign out and then back into your profile to resolve. =) ^BA"

[quote name='tylerh1701']Gonna check out demos for:

Puddle
Burgertime
Battle: LA
Zombie Apocalypse: NDA

Anyone own Battle LA? Is it any good? The rest have pretty much been discussed.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the demo for Battle: LA and what I remember is that it's extremely ugly and doesn't play well at all. The shooting doesn't feel good and the controls are bad. The sprint only lasts for about 6 feet. Your squad is useless. I remember the grenades not working very well to actually take out enemies. I've heard that the full game doesn't get any better and that it's very short, like 45-60 minutes depending on whether or not you put up with the awful animated cut scenes.

Anybody have an opinion on Zombie Apocalypse: NDA or Hard Corps Co-op? My friend just finally got a 360 and I am looking for some games to jam with him.

Unless you like top down shooters, zombies might not be a good choice. Its dead ops arcade from black ops. Hard Corps i heard was good. Just short.200 points of getting it. Download trials for both and read/watch reviews to see if you and your bud might like them.

On a side note, i think my gt is back to normal. Just recover your gt. Now i find out if getting 1 achievement messes up my whole gs.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Gonna check out demos for:

Puddle
Burgertime
Battle: LA
Zombie Apocalypse: NDA

Anyone own Battle LA? Is it any good? The rest have pretty much been discussed.[/QUOTE]

If I remember the reviews for Battle LA, they said that the movie was longer, but that's probably a good thing.

[quote name='Gideon68']I enjoyed the demo but I don't know if it's worth $5. For those who bought Burgertime, have you finished it and how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

Nope I havent beat it. I got it for free on monkeypaws facebook page around xmas. The controls are loose and after a couple lvls it just gets frustrating because you cant accurately control your character. So I just quit and have never gone back to it.

[quote name='harry hood']So is it now safe to turn on my xbox and not lose gamerscore?[/QUOTE]

I've played for the last two hours and unlocked 2 achievements with no issues.

Might get Battle: LA and the new Zombie Apocalypse after playing the demo. Will get them later in the week though since I'm to busy with Mass Effect 3 at the mo. :)

Broke down and picked up ilomilo this morning as it was still 400 pts.

Thinking about Torchlight, but will probably wait for Torchlight 2.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow the reviews for Battle: LA are really harsh. I'll still check out the demo, but I think I can scratch that one off my list.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not that bad of a game. I mean, it's not good, but it's not as terrible as people may have you think. I bought it at full-price and had some fun with it, so if you enjoy the demo at all, $5 isn't too bad.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow the reviews for Battle: LA are really harsh. I'll still check out the demo, but I think I can scratch that one off my list.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm surprised so many people here want to pick it up. It's not like there's a large shortage of FPS games, let alone quality ones.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Is hydrophobia worth 400msp? And how's torchlight is that a good dungeon crawler RPG?[/QUOTE]
I had a lot of fun with hydrophobia after it was re-worked and updated. 400 seems like a good price but some either like it or don't

[quote name='harry hood']I had a lot of fun with hydrophobia after it was re-worked and updated. 400 seems like a good price but some either like it or don't[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is awesome, that is a really great price for it.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Is hydrophobia worth 400msp? And how's torchlight is that a good dungeon crawler RPG?[/QUOTE]

I paid 400 for it and was happy with it. It's nothing special, but it's alright.

Also, it's permanent price is 400 now, so it may even drop to 200 at some point, though this doesn't happen all that often. It also may end up delisted, as the developer is probably going out of business. So you may want to grab it at 400 just in case it does disappear at some point.

If you have a PS3 Hydrophobia is 2.99 on PSN.

Torchlight has pretty fun gameplay.
It has some of the original creators of Diablo II, so very reminiscent of that, including town portals, ID scrolls andeven the music.
Story is there, but just filler.
3 Classes, each class has 3 talent trees.
Delve deeper and deeper into cave, finding loot and leveling up.
Overall its fun and I do like it (I picked it up today) Just as long as you dont care about the story and only want the gameplay youll be happy.

I am just not sold on either Zombie Apocalypse game. The first seems pretty generic and the 2nd one is better but the voice acting makes me cringe when the gamer guy talks. I think I will pass since I will be playing them by myself anyway and co-op looks more fun.

[quote name='gla55jAw']Why have I never noticed that Giant Bomb Quick looks are linked? That's awesome. I might pick up Warhammer Kill Team for that price.[/QUOTE]

I liked Warhammer for $5. Each character is different enough you need to change your play style to accommodate. I just started my 2n play through after a couple months away I am I liking it just as much.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am just not sold on either Zombie Apocalypse game. The first seems pretty generic and the 2nd one is better but the voice acting makes me cringe when the gamer guy talks. I think I will pass since I will be playing them by myself anyway and co-op looks more fun.[/QUOTE]

I played through the first one and it was awful. Left a bad long lasting impression. The second one seems like it's improved, but agree 100% the gamer guy is a horrendous stereotype. If you are going to get one just get the new one, the old one is borderline trash.

Ok I bought Battle LA mainly because it is an easy 200/200 (dumb reason). It is not horrible but it is SHORT. I played on easy because the difficulties do not stack for achievements. I watched the cut scenes (which you can skip) and I beat the game in about 35 min and got every achievement i could other than the difficulty settings. There are 3 guns, M16, Sniper, and rocket launcher. The cut scenes where actually very funny but more in a man they REALLY did not have a budget for this game. Anyway, unless you are in love with the demo or want the achievements this game is just not worth $5.

Edit: Beaten all 3 difficulties for a 200/200. Never died one time...this game is really too easy.

Easy 37 min
Normal 40 min
Hard 40 min

And now I am done and deleting this...thanks for the 200 points!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']I played through the first one and it was awful. Left a bad long lasting impression. The second one seems like it's improved, but agree 100% the gamer guy is a horrendous stereotype. If you are going to get one just get the new one, the old one is borderline trash.[/QUOTE]

The second one seemed like it would be fun in coop from what I played of the demo. It borrows liberally from Left 4 Dead's formula but in a third person perspective, and it played pretty well.

The voice work is atrocious though, painfully unfunny like some old drunk at a bar thinking he knows how to do good impressions.

How's warhammer kill team? I have space marine in my backlog so is there some little bonus or something for playing killteam then starting up space marine?

Hydrophobia is pretty fun, I got it, especially for 400 points. JVorhees#1 mentioned that it was $2.99 on PSN, it is also supposed to be 70% different than the Xbox version with many improvements. I thought Daggerdale would be like Dark alliance, which was really fun, but it wasn't and I had to stop playing. Many people got it when it was free and they did not like it.

Getting the Baconing. Anybody think Castlevania will come out with a GOTY edition with the DLC or should I just get them now?

[quote name='the Gooseler']Anybody think Castlevania will come out with a GOTY edition with the DLC or should I just get them now?[/QUOTE]

No way in hell. Get the DLC now if you want it.

[quote name='garrett007']How's warhammer kill team? I have space marine in my backlog so is there some little bonus or something for playing killteam then starting up space marine?[/QUOTE]
play the demo and its like that for 6 levels you only get a shitty sword for playing kill team

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am just not sold on either Zombie Apocalypse game. The first seems pretty generic and the 2nd one is better but the voice acting makes me cringe when the gamer guy talks. I think I will pass since I will be playing them by myself anyway and co-op looks more fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just from the demo, you can tell Zombie Apocalypse 1 is just awful.

ZA2 seems significantly better, and I think I'm gonna pick it up. The gamer guy (as well as all the other characters) are meant to be completely over the top and cheesy. So take the dialogue with a grain of salt and it might be a little easier to swallow. IGN's review actually praised the dialogue.

[quote name='Crono-00']The other sale for this week on Ilomilo I have still passed up on again because I lack the co-op partner for that as well. If my situation changes for me to finally want Ilomilo, I am sure the XBLA title will never go on sale again.[/QUOTE]
There's no requirement you play Ilomilo as co-op ... plays perfectly fine single-player by swapping between the 2 characters. Besides, you'll want the maximum screen real-estate for the game, because this game will have you meticulously scanning ALL the blocks for the 1 block you need to revolve/traverse the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back