XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']OK OP up to date as of right now. Syplon's site made it easier to add it the unknown sales so in return, I for using his stuff I put the link back to his site where you can answer the burning question "Has this been on sale before?" and "How much was it before?". As always I included Metacritic and Quick Look links as well.[/QUOTE]

reddjoey, thanks for the acknowledgement and inclusion in the OP. I really appreciate it. Also I am thinking of adding a ($X.XX) after the MS points.

I did want to clarify the prices. My database tracks MS points so these GOD games get converted to MSP from the 19.99 price but when I convert 1600 to $ it would be $20. Is this accuracy OK? Getting $ values into the database would require a fair amount of work.

And please if anybody has suggestions or things they want from xbldb please don't hesitate to ask.

I plan on adding metacritic links so that can be auto generated also. That is not in the DB yet so that may take a long time for me to implement with my current work schedule.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']OK who here is disappointed in the GoD deals & who was waiting for it?
ME 1 is the only saving grace on it, since I cant seem to find it anymore & when I can its still $20. Contemplating Gears 1 since I dont have it, but I know I could get it cheaper used. Ive seen the triple pack go on sale, but I have gears 2 & all fronts.
Im very confused as to the choices MS picked for this though. Alan Wake & Reach, seems most people have gotten a code for these game either by bundles or beta previews. All the other games are now priced at disc msrp, which you can find cheaper on amazon (especially crackdown 2!).[/QUOTE]

All games are published by MS. This is a MS GOD sale.

[quote name='Althax']Does Mass Effect via games on demand come with the dlc that the greatest hits version does?[/QUOTE]

It does not, but keep in mind that that Platinum hits doesn't come with both of the DLC. Just one and it's priced at 80msp in the marketplace right now. So it's still cheaper going that route if you don't care about the other extras in the platinum hits.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']OK who here is disappointed in the GoD deals & who was waiting for it?
I am slightly disappointed, but wasn't expecting much. I thought it'd be BF2 Bad Company and Bioshock 2 repeats. Instead, it's 1st party repeats.

Oh well. Still, I'll keep holding out for RE discounts and Crysis 1. My backlog is so huge, I can be patient and wait

That said, in for Joe Danger and will be purchasing Sunday evening when the Xbox Reward for the month of April is revealed

Daytona XBLA does NOT have local multiplayer.

But you should all get it anyway because it's an amazing port. Better than the arcade original.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's a good deal for ME1. The disc would probably run you that much or more anyway, and god knows you want the game installed on your HDD, its performance is godawful if not.

Only thing is that the Platinum Hits disc comes with the Bring Down the Sky DLC, and the GOD version probably doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Bring Down the Sky is just $1 so not that big a deal.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']It does not, but keep in mind that that Platinum hits doesn't come with both of the DLC. Just one and it's priced at 80msp in the marketplace right now. So it's still cheaper going that route if you don't care about the other extras in the platinum hits.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, what???
Oh my, I just checked and you were right, Bring Down the Sky is on offer at 80 MSP! Then I looked at Pinnacle Station full of hope and... crap, it's still 400... better luck next time, I guess... :cry:

The shaq-fu is this garbage? Only MS published titles. Are you even trying MS?

Mass Effect 1 is worth it, but everything else can be found much cheaper.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The shaq-fu is this garbage? Only MS published titles. Are you even trying MS?

Mass Effect 1 is worth it, but everything else can be found much cheaper.[/QUOTE]
everything else can be found much cheaper.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The shaq-fu is this garbage? Only MS published titles. Are you even trying MS?

Mass Effect 1 is worth it, but everything else can be found much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

GoD titles generally get discounted in publisher specific sales. It's not a surprise.

I'm on the fence with Jo Danger, if they would have put it on sale a month or so ago I would have bought it, but with Trials Evo coming in 3 weeks or so I am not sure it would be worth it.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I'm on the fence with Jo Danger, if they would have put it on sale a month or so ago I would have bought it, but with Trials Evo coming in 3 weeks or so I am not sure it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Two totally different games

That reminds me that I should use an old laptop hard drive that I have lying around to backup my GoD copy of Fable II from when it was accidentally made free. I don't believe that I can redownload that one if something happens to my hard drive.

[quote name='louiedog']That reminds me that I should use an old laptop hard drive that I have lying around to backup my GoD copy of Fable II from when it was accidentally made free. I don't believe that I can redownload that one if something happens to my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Correct a re-download gets you episode one from when it was released as a episodic set.

I tried the demo for Joe Danger when it first came out, and decided to wait for the inevitable sale so I picked that up this morning. Once Trials Evolution hits, and yes, I know its COMPLETELY different from JD, I will be putting down ALL games to devote myself to that masterpiece.

Oh yeah, I bought Joe Danger this morning in the hospital while my wife and I were waiting for the doctor to read the sonogram results :p
I was hoping to at least fire it up before work, but I didn't get the chance.

Wow picked up daytona this afternoon. And within a hour I had all the achievements in the game. The easiet 200/200gs game I have ever played.

Came in to post that Daytona is the easiest 200 G evar, but Brad beat me to it. Took me about 45 minutes total to get everything. Basically, play each track once in arcade mode, do something silly in each track and then play through the extra modes once each. VERY easy.

Also picked up Joe Danger this morning and I love it in a way that I couldn't get into trials. Trials seems more like it's just demanding you for perfection to let you pass a level; Joe Danger is like Trials lite, except there's way more goals to get in each level beyond just "finish".

Picked up Fable II and Mass Effect. I know I could of bought them cheaper but I've played a couple hundred hours between the two games and I know I'll enjoy playing them in the future and I know have the choice of when I'm sitting down, I won't have to get up to change the disc, I'll just choose a random game I have on my hard-drive.

That's right. I would pay the extra $5 for the opinion to download them unto my xbox and not have to get up from my comfy chair.

[quote name='infamy']Trials is GODLIKE.[/QUOTE]

It's imaginary?

I waited for Trials HD to drop in price and didn't feel like I missed out on much. Joe Danger looked sick on the PS3 and I'm glad I can get the SE on the Xbox at half price, no less.

I have ME1 ordered on Amazon for 20 but it hasn't shipped yet so I can cancel. Hmm...the only thing is I don't have harddrive space for this shit

[quote name='Junpei']Whoa, what???
Oh my, I just checked and you were right, Bring Down the Sky is on offer at 80 MSP! Then I looked at Pinnacle Station full of hope and... crap, it's still 400... better luck next time, I guess... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Those were permanant price drops a long time ago. Bring Down the Sky is an absolute steal for 80msp. Far better than Pinnacle Station and priced significantly less. If you want all the Mass Effect you can get they are both worth the money imo. PS has virtually no story at all but still kind of entertaining and Bring Down the Sky is a massive amount of entertainment for the price.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I have ME1 ordered on Amazon for 20 but it hasn't shipped yet so I can cancel. Hmm...the only thing is I don't have harddrive space for this shit[/QUOTE]

Hard drive space is my biggest enemy when it comes to downloading 360 games now. I really wish Microsoft would let us use our own drives and not limit us to 320 GB. I have a 250 GB and the jump up to 320 isn't worth the cost and hassle. Hopefully they let us use our own drives and don't cap the limit at anything too low when the next system comes out. You'd think selling us enough content to fill the things would be enough.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Picked up Fable II and Mass Effect. I know I could of bought them cheaper but I've played a couple hundred hours between the two games and I know I'll enjoy playing them in the future and I know have the choice of when I'm sitting down, I won't have to get up to change the disc, I'll just choose a random game I have on my hard-drive.

That's right. I would pay the extra $5 for the opinion to download them unto my xbox and not have to get up from my comfy chair.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that. I went about a month playing XBLA, Red Dead (GoD), and Halo: Reach (disc) without having to touch my disc drive. It was glorious never having to think about swapping discs or which one was in the drive.

The OP lists the GoD on sale in XBL Points, but on their pages each game requires actual $$$ to purchase them. Is there some way to use xbl points to buy them, or did OP convert their prices to points just for the heck of it? :|

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The OP lists the GoD on sale in XBL Points, but on their pages each game requires actual $$$ to purchase them. Is there some way to use xbl points to buy them, or did OP convert their prices to points just for the heck of it? :|[/QUOTE]

When you pull up the confirm-purchase screen for a GoD game on your system, you're able to press a button (X or Y I believe) to toggle the option for paying with MS points.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The OP lists the GoD on sale in XBL Points, but on their pages each game requires actual $$$ to purchase them. Is there some way to use xbl points to buy them, or did OP convert their prices to points just for the heck of it? :|[/QUOTE]

When you go to buy the game it gives you the option to pay with points.

You can pay with either points or cash. There should be an option on the purchase screen to switch between either one.

I think there may be an option to switch purchasing method from $ to MS Points. Maybe. ;)

Gracias dudes! I wasn't sure since I've only viewed them from a web browser and never tried going through the "check out" process to see, plus I've never dabbled in the GoD section. This makes things a bit more enticing...:)

[quote name='KtMack23']Joe danger Or daytona Usa? Decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

If you want easy gamerscore, Daytona is a no brainer. If you want something you can enjoy for more than one afternoon / hour, there's a TON of content in Joe Danger. I'm glad I bought them both, but if I had to pick one, I'd be kicking myself if I picked Daytona.

[quote name='Ciffy']If you want easy gamerscore, Daytona is a no brainer. If you want something you can enjoy for more than one afternoon / hour, there's a TON of content in Joe Danger. I'm glad I bought them both, but if I had to pick one, I'd be kicking myself if I picked Daytona.[/QUOTE]

It'll come down to personal opinion, but the amount of content in Joe Danger vs. Daytona USA is really staggering.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']is Sega Rally worth picking up? I'm totally getting Daytona USA, so need to know if Sega Rally is any good. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you enjoy racing games, there's nothing wrong with this one and I'd say it's worth the $5. I think there four tracks or so and there's a couple cars, but it's a decent little arcade rally experience. Achievements aren't too bad either although there is one or two which may take a few tries.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It'll come down to personal opinion, but the amount of content in Joe Danger vs. Daytona USA is really staggering.[/QUOTE]

Daytona USA is a classic arcade game though, not a new production. The XBLA version is the first arcade-perfect port and does add some nice enhancements like online play and new modes. It's got a special look, feel, and especially sound that will never be recreated with another title. Achievement-wise, they could have encouraged us to play through the game more to get them, but many will simply enjoy how nice and easy they are.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Those were permanant price drops a long time ago. Bring Down the Sky is an absolute steal for 80msp. Far better than Pinnacle Station and priced significantly less. If you want all the Mass Effect you can get they are both worth the money imo. PS has virtually no story at all but still kind of entertaining and Bring Down the Sky is a massive amount of entertainment for the price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a friend of mine too told me that Pinnacle Station is more or less an arena with scarce story bits... I already own Bring Down the Sky since I got the Platinum Hits version, but I wanted PS too for completion's sake (and for its cheevos, I can't lie to myself :cool:) and I missed it when it dropped to 240 MSP about two years ago... guess I'll have to wait some more :)

[quote name='ChaosLaw']It's imaginary?

I waited for Trials HD to drop in price and didn't feel like I missed out on much. Joe Danger looked sick on the PS3 and I'm glad I can get the SE on the Xbox at half price, no less.

I have ME1 ordered on Amazon for 20 but it hasn't shipped yet so I can cancel. Hmm...the only thing is I don't have harddrive space for this shit[/QUOTE]

nope, it's almighty and eternal.

I might pick up Alan Wake for 1600, I haven't seen it for much less than $20 but I haven't really looked lately, so we'll see.

[quote name='eastx']Daytona USA is a classic arcade game though, not a new production. The XBLA version is the first arcade-perfect port and does add some nice enhancements like online play and new modes. It's got a special look, feel, and especially sound that will never be recreated with another title. Achievement-wise, they could have encouraged us to play through the game more to get them, but many will simply enjoy how nice and easy they are.[/QUOTE]

Arcade-perfect if you have a high quality wheel/pedals/stick. Otherwise not. So really this costs a TON more than the sale price. LOL. Has anyone tried it with the wireless speed wheel (the motion one)? Does it work well with it? That works pretty well in Forza 4, though obviously not as good as a real whell, so perhaps here too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back