XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cornelius']Actually the "Destination Arcade" app was an intern-designed app to see if they could automatically scrape the Marketplace from the client, to show users how many games could be had for 400msp, as well as other tests like rewarding users for discovering features (avatar pet) and a minor sale if you could find it (Boogie Bunnies for 500msp). It was never intended to replace the Marketplace, just see what could be done, and how people used the information it gave back.

And yes, I can definitely slam NinjaBee, since it took them a year to create "Dash of Destruction". A year![/QUOTE]
http://majornelson.com/2010/07/06/coming-soon-destination-arcade/
http://majornelson.com/2010/07/12/destination-arcade-to-launch-with-the-summer-of-arcade/

There's no need to make excuses for Microsoft. They made and hyped up the app as the solution to the problem of wading through the XBLA library and discovering new games, but then decided to only offer it for a month and destroy it shortly after that. That's bad form for what they intended the app to be, so it set the bar for how bad an app can be on Xbox Live.

As for interns, Microsoft at least still supports this intern project.

You're hating on Ninjabee because it took them a year to make a game?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is it available to download on US Xbox's? I was under the assumption it wasn't out yet.[/QUOTE]
It's on the main tab of the dashboard.

[quote name='Certified']Has anyone won on the scratch and win game? Its on the new Xbox app called sales and specials app+. Wondering what the prize is. Also gives you some more offers on sales. Has a chain reaction part. Which is you buy one offer and you unlock the next offer.[/QUOTE]

Wish i can download this app. :(

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, are the controls in Alone in the Dark as wonky as the video reviews make them look?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 Inferno version is better, I'd suggest buying that for $5 used or something.

These are the offers I got for not winning the Scratch & Match game:

Forza 4 - Jalopnik Pack - 240 points
Ninja Avatar Smoke Bomb - 160 points
Pinball FX2 - Pinball FX Classic Pack - 400 points

Are these what others are getting?

There's a Chain Reaction thing that challenges you to buy stuff to unlock other deals in this chain of offers:

Offer 1 - Gears of War 3 Kryll Shield Avatar Prop - 240 points
Offer 2 - Gears of War 3 - Horde Command Pack - 640 points
Offer 3 - Gears of War 3 - Raam's Shadow - 960 points
Offer 4 - Gears of War 3 - Lancer Skin Launch Collection - 600 points

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These are the offers I got for not winning the Scratch & Match game:

Are these what others are getting?[/QUOTE]

That's what I got. When I looked on the "Wall of Fame" or whatever it was, it only showed 1 person as winning. At least I think that's the way I read it.

Great surprise list of deals this week; I picked up Shoot Many Robots, demo'ing Trine 2.

I own approx 127 indie & XBLA games not including 20+ more on compilation discs, and somehow I don't own a single title in the Capcom Digital Collection. Heck, I never even knew a few of them existed. Definitely in for 1 from Amazon.

If anyone wins that Scratch & Match game be sure to go into your privacy settings and disable messages from people who aren't on your friends list. They provide a nice easy winners list that you can open up someone's profile from and send them messages. Based on what happens to people featured on the dash, you're going to have a bad couple of days if you let anyone do so.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These are the offers I got for not winning the Scratch & Match game:

There's a Chain Reaction thing that challenges you to buy stuff to unlock other deals in this chain of offers:
[/QUOTE]

That's what I saw as well.

[/QUOTE]

Did the "save x points" instead of showing the cost get you or are they showing different prices for everyone? I got the same offers but with different prices on two of them.

Forza 4 - Jalopnik Pack - Save 160 points (cost: 400)
Ninja Avatar Smoke Bomb - Save 80 points (cost 240)
Pinball FX2 - Pinball FX Classic Pack - Save 400 points (cost: 400)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, are the controls in Alone in the Dark as wonky as the video reviews make them look?[/QUOTE]

Beat the game a few yeats ago didnt have any problem

[/QUOTE]

Same here, my guess is that all the losers get these offers.

Is anyone else having the Kinect Central window on their main dashboard? When I select it, the first thing it says is "Get Haunt for Free". Downloading it right now, but don't know if it's the actual full game or just the demo.

Oh and the Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster DLC is half off right now at 200 points.

[quote name='Sway']Did the "save x points" instead of showing the cost get you or are they showing different prices for everyone? I got the same offers but with different prices on two of them.

Forza 4 - Jalopnik Pack - Save 160 points (cost: 400)
Ninja Avatar Smoke Bomb - Save 80 points (cost 240)
Pinball FX2 - Pinball FX Classic Pack - Save 400 points (cost: 400)[/QUOTE]
I looked up how much they cost and subtracted the savings to see how much they are on sale. I don't know why they still refuse to show the actual sale price.

I don't know if it's changed, but the Gotham City Impostors demo lets you play online multiplayer for 60 minutes. I'm not sure if that's against everybody or other demo players, but you can at least check it out for yourselves first.

I won the scratch off game and got Rtype dimensions. Also I'm currently being flooded with messages because they put my gamertag on the "hall of fame".

[quote name='Tonnous24']I won the scratch off game and got Rtype dimensions. Also I'm currently being flooded with messages because they put my gamertag on the "hall of fame".[/QUOTE]

Congrats and thanks for confirming my assumption. :)

[quote name='Tonnous24']I won the scratch off game and got Rtype dimensions. Also I'm currently being flooded with messages because they put my gamertag on the "hall of fame".[/QUOTE]
why would someone spam your GT? I don't deny it but what the fuck don't people have better shit to do?

That sucks man. People are so stupid sometimes.

[quote name='GUNNM']why would someone spam your GT? I don't deny it but what the fuck don't people have better shit to do?[/QUOTE]

[youtube]R_cJ7z5kdKA[/youtube]

[quote name='bardockkun']Is anyone else having the Kinect Central window on their main dashboard? When I select it, the first thing it says is "Get Haunt for Free". Downloading it right now, but don't know if it's the actual full game or just the demo.

Oh and the Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster DLC is half off right now at 200 points.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson just posted about it. It's free until July 2nd.

[quote name='GUNNM']why would someone spam your GT? I don't deny it but what the fuck don't people have better shit to do?[/QUOTE]
They show a list of all the winners in the app, which is a really dumb move because of what's happening to him. The same thing happens to people that are gamer of the week and even happened on 1 vs 100 to those that were picked as The One.

Who doesn't want to talk to someone who won a 3 year old arcade game?

It might actually be worth it if you won something of value. They were giving away Rtype and The Maw for anyone willing to spend 5 min creating a new silver account connected to Raptr a few weeks back.

You must have some bad Karma or something. Rtype and the Maw are probably the last two games anyone wants to win. :)

Offer 4 - Gears of War 3 - Lancer Skin Launch Collection - 600 points[/QUOTE]

Interesting thing to note, I tried the game and lost and was given those same options. Only it was going to let me spend 400 points on the Pinball collection again instead of prompting me to "download again" because I already own it. So be careful when choosing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wonder if already owning the game that they're giving away automatically eliminates you from winning that Scratch & Match game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look for any terms. Does it just add it to your account or do you get emailed a code? Laws for contests are all over the place in different states and they may not be able to exclude you for already owning it.

Glad I didn't buy Haunt when it went on sale a short while back. Will be downloading it tonight or in any case before the freebie is gone.

Yeah I wondered if they had the app setup properly to prevent you from buying something twice. Now we know.

On a side note...the price drops for June....why is Monday Night Combat listed as a 400 savings but still 1200 points? Been this way all month...

[quote name='garrett007']Nice! Last time xbox had to wait longer, now we get it early![/QUOTE]

Yes. XBLA players get it a monthly episodic game a full -30 days early. Everyone gets it late. Some people get it slightly less late. ;)

[quote name='zerotl']Pinball FX Classic pack worth it for 400 points? I love the Marvel and Core pack.[/QUOTE]

At basically a dollar a table you can't go wrong.

Thanks for posting and will definitely jump on the Black Ops DLCs. WOW, MW3 DLC is already half off after only two month of Collection 2 release? They must not sell well. If I remember correctly, this is the first time for Black Ops DLC on 50% sale.

Offer 4 - Gears of War 3 - Lancer Skin Launch Collection - 600 points[/QUOTE]
Somebody that wants to do the formatting should add this stuff to the OP.

[/QUOTE]

If you hope you lose a scratch and match game is it considered winning then? I have been kicking myself for passing up on the Pinball FX2 sale and atleast this will get me a chance to get one of packs that I passed on.

[quote name='dcm1602']any opinions on Shoot many Robots and Worms 2 via this new sale ?[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of Worms 2, especially for the local multiplayer. There arent a ton of great 4 player local games out there, and this is one I go back to frequently when friends are over. The voices can be a bit more annoying compared to the original, but it has a bunch more weapons and other goodies going for it. I've never bothered to play it online so I cant comment on that, but the single player is decent enough too if you are into the Worms franchise.

[quote name='zerotl']Pinball FX Classic pack worth it for 400 points? I love the Marvel and Core pack.[/QUOTE]

It's by far the worst pack I own, but like someone else said, a little over $1 a table it's still worth it.

[quote name='foreinter']Thanks for posting and will definitely jump on the Black Ops DLCs. WOW, MW3 DLC is already half off after only two month of Collection 2 release? They must not sell well. If I remember correctly, this is the first time for Black Ops DLC on 50% sale.[/QUOTE]

I would think the vast majority of long term COD players are Elite, and therefore got all this stuff for free anyway. Therefore I'm sure the sales numbers on these are pretty slim.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Somebody that wants to do the formatting should add this stuff to the OP.[/QUOTE]

ReddJoey we need you!!!!

I was actually excited to do some editing after Joey wikified the thread. It took all of 2 weeks for the novelty to wear off and for it to start feeling like a burden. Haha.

Also, thanks for posting that podcast clip Louie. I can't believe it's that bad, why would anyone think it's worth the time to hassle other random people through Xbox Live. Like Cheapy said, at first it kind of started out funny, but by the time I listened to the whole 10 minute clip I was a little sick to my stomach.

[quote name='LordVila']If you hope you lose a scratch and match game is it considered winning then? I have been kicking myself for passing up on the Pinball FX2 sale and atleast this will get me a chance to get one of packs that I passed on.[/QUOTE]
They're not allowing many people to win from what I can see of the winner's list in the app, so you'll get to "win" the vast majority of the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back