XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']I think if there was going to be an E3 sale Major Nelson would have announced it. Not that I don't want one, but I don't think it's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is currently on his flight to E3 playing Diablo III so I would assume we won't...maybe surprise announcement from Twitter though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think if there was going to be an E3 sale Major Nelson would have announced it. Not that I don't want one, but I don't think it's gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely not holding my breath. Even last year, when the PSN was down and had a ton of negative publicity, did they throw a great sale to capitalize? Nope, they gave us jack, actually it might have been the same tired RDR we are getting this year again.

[quote name='deckerro']I'm definitely not holding my breath. Even last year, when the PSN was down and had a ton of negative publicity, did they throw a great sale to capitalize? Nope, they gave us jack, actually it might have been the same tired RDR we are getting this year again.[/QUOTE]

they did better than a sale, they gave you 5 games with 2 of them you chose for free

[quote name='Tsel']I would totally pick up Shadow Complex if it ever hit that 560 price point again. I've heard nothing but universal praise for it, but 1200 is way to steep for such an old title. I had just gotten an Xbox a few months after that sale, so to say I'd like to see a sale of that sort would be an understatement.[/QUOTE]

Its one of the best games i have ever payed. Yes i bought it on sale but its definitely worth full price.

[quote name='Barry Burton']they did better than a sale, they gave you 5 games with 2 of them you chose for free[/QUOTE]

He's saying what did Xbox do to capitalize on the PSN downtime?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']He's saying what did Xbox do to capitalize on the PSN downtime.[/QUOTE]

Do you think they needed to do anything except stay up and running to capitalize on that?

[quote name='cthomer5000']Do you think they needed to do anything except stay up and running to capitalize on that?[/QUOTE]

This lol. That was the first time in a few months i had brought any games for my 360

[quote name='billydeewilliams']is today the last day to get peggle at 400 msp? or will it still be 400 on monday?[/QUOTE]

Until Tuesday midday but you better should get it tomorrow...

[quote name='cheeky']Its one of the best games i have ever payed. Yes i bought it on sale but its definitely worth full price.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Shadow Complex is definitely worth 1200.

Summer of Arcade (just talked about in an E3 stream)

Hybrid
Deadlight
Wreckateer
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
Dust

I was half paying attention and they definitely were talking about Wreckateer and Tony Hawk. I saw that full list in a comment so maybe not 100% true. confirmed by more sources

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INCyr']I think new sales are posted on Tuesdays. So tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I Think he was implying a sale to coincide with E3.

[quote name='louiedog']Summer of Arcade (just talked about in an E3 stream)

Hybrid
Deadlight
Wreckateer
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
Dust

I was half paying attention and they definitely were talking about Wreckateer and Tony Hawk. I saw that full list in a comment so maybe not 100% true. confirmed by more sources[/QUOTE]

Deadlight and Dust: Elystian Tale (whatever) both look really awesome! Other 3 are kind of yawners to me.

Wow, no Kinect love? I prefer to play my games via a traditional controller, but I was hoping to see something creative that makes me want to play with the Kinect. MS fails again.

[quote name='ooga']Wow, no Kinect love? I prefer to play my games via a traditional controller, but I was hoping to see something creative that makes me want to play with the Kinect. MS fails again.[/QUOTE]
There were some. One was a gameplay demo where they did little to explain or set it up and the other was just a trailer that uses Kinect, but it didn't say how. Besides that we got that Crimson Dragoon game coming out still as well.

[quote name='ooga']Wow, no Kinect love? I prefer to play my games via a traditional controller, but I was hoping to see something creative that makes me want to play with the Kinect. MS fails again.[/QUOTE]

By "no Kinect love" do you mean not enough Kinect or you just don't like the Kinect title they put in SoA?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Deadlight and Dust: Elystian Tale (whatever) both look really awesome! Other 3 are kind of yawners to me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, i'll buy these two as well. Shame Spelunky isn't on that list. :(

How was the Hybrid beta? Didn't like the look of this game from videos...

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, i'll buy these two as well. Shame Spelunky isn't on that list. :(

How was the Hybrid beta? Didn't like the look of this game from videos...[/QUOTE]

The Hybrid beta was...awful IMO. And considering it's an online game, it probably won't have a long shelf life.

The Hybrid beta didn't do anything for me. I'm not a shooter fan hardly at all, and I'm definitely not an MP shooter fan. I guess it has a couple interesting ideas, but I don't see it being a long term success.

[quote name='louiedog']By "no Kinect love" do you mean not enough Kinect or you just don't like the Kinect title they put in SoA?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I did not know Wreckateer was a Kinect game when I made my post, so I was shocked at the lack of Kinect titles. Now that I know that it is, I am disappointed that this is the Kinect title they're including in SOA. Seems like a crappy way of using Kinect.

[quote name='ooga']To be honest, I did not know Wreckateer was a Kinect game when I made my post, so I was shocked at the lack of Kinect titles. Now that I know that it is, I am disappointed that this is the Kinect title they're including in SOA. Seems like a crappy way of using Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As someone who has been enjoying games where you wreck stuff with physics before Angry Birds was a thing I'd much rather play it with a controller. I really don't understand how motion control could make that game better.

[quote name='ooga']To be honest, I did not know Wreckateer was a Kinect game when I made my post, so I was shocked at the lack of Kinect titles. Now that I know that it is, I am disappointed that this is the Kinect title they're including in SOA. Seems like a crappy way of using Kinect.[/QUOTE]

I think Wreckateer looked kind of cool, but it definitely doesn't do anything new.

MS's E3 presentation still had too much Kinect for me personally. I'd love to pick up a Kinect and check it out, but it's still priced about 3x higher than I'm willing to go.

[quote name='louiedog']Summer of Arcade (just talked about in an E3 stream)

Hybrid
Deadlight
Wreckateer
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
Dust

I was half paying attention and they definitely were talking about Wreckateer and Tony Hawk. I saw that full list in a comment so maybe not 100% true. confirmed by more sources[/QUOTE]

Any new footage of Dust: AET? I've been looking for anything, even a compilation video... Psyched it's finally coming out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Deadlight and Dust: Elystian Tale (whatever) both look really awesome! Other 3 are kind of yawners to me.[/QUOTE]

SMH @ shunning tony hawk hd

Yeah Hybrid was a real dumb choice for SoA. Wreckateer looks like a crappy version of Boom Blox for the Wii, and while Tony Hawk looks ok, remakes should not be a part of SoA.

Bad form, m$. What a way to start the beginning of the end of the promotion. If there is a SoA next year, I'll guarantee it'll be the last.

[quote name='sicsonic']Yeah Hybrid was a real dumb choice for SoA. Wreckateer looks like a crappy version of Boom Blox for the Wii, and while Tony Hawk looks ok, remakes should not be a part of SoA.

Bad form, m$. What a way to start the beginning of the end of the promotion. If there is a SoA next year, I'll guarantee it'll be the last.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft DID invent the concept of anticipated games becoming sparse in the last year or two of a console life cycle, so I definitely see where you're coming from here.

[quote name='nnthomas']SMH @ shunning tony hawk hd[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sicsonic']and while Tony Hawk looks ok, remakes should not be a part of SoA.[/QUOTE]

What sicsonic said.

[quote name='nnthomas']SMH @ shunning tony hawk hd[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sicsonic']and while Tony Hawk looks ok, remakes should not be a part of SoA.[/QUOTE]

What sicsonic said.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']https://www.facebook.com/gearsofwar/app_313854865355714

Free Baird Goggles =)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. My fake FB account pays off again!

[quote name='louiedog']There's also a free Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter top hat and beard on the dash via an ad.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome, thanks for pointing it out. Gonna grab them when I get home.

[quote name='louiedog']There's also a free Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter top hat and beard on the dash via an ad.[/QUOTE]

which ad led to this?

thanks in advance

[quote name='Solder']which ad led to this?

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

XBOX @ E312 More Coverage (on the main dash page) inside that there is an ad for the trailer for Abraham Lincoln. It's at the end of that.

[quote name='cthomer5000']FWIW The summer of arcade trailer says buy any 3 games, get 400 points back.[/QUOTE]
Oh, this interests me since I wasnt going to grab all of them this year. Thanks for posting this.

[quote name='cthomer5000']XBOX @ E312 More Coverage (on the main dash page) inside that there is an ad for the trailer for Abraham Lincoln. It's at the end of that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='cthomer5000']FWIW The summer of arcade trailer says buy any 3 games, get 400 points back.[/QUOTE]

This interests me. I played the beta of Hybrid and I was thoroughly unimpressed. It had some neat ideas but it just felt like poor execution. Also I have never gotten into the Tony Hawk games so I had zero interest in it.

This trailer has the blurb at the end of it about the buy any 3 and get 400 back.
Xbox Live Summer of Arcade 2012 Sizzle Reel

[quote name='sicsonic']Bad form, m$. What a way to start the beginning of the end of the promotion.[/QUOTE]
It's hardly surprising for Microsoft to fail at everything they do. But hey, at least SoA has more games than the entire MS conference.

[quote name='LordVila']This interests me. I played the beta of Hybrid and I was thoroughly unimpressed. It had some neat ideas but it just felt like poor execution. Also I have never gotten into the Tony Hawk games so I had zero interest in it.

This trailer has the blurb at the end of it about the buy any 3 and get 400 back.
[/QUOTE]

What the hell did I just watch? Anyways, thanks for posting. My guess is that a lot of people whined about having to buy all 5 to get a bonus last year (esp. because of the Kinect game) so this year they're doing a smaller reward but letting you pick 3. I MAY grab Dust, Deadlight, and Tony Hawk. Depending on the prices.

[quote name='sicsonic']Bad form, m$. What a way to start the beginning of the end of the promotion. If there is a SoA next year, I'll guarantee it'll be the last.[/QUOTE]

Funny, at first I read SoA as Sony of America, then I realized it was meant to be Summer of Arcade. Still fits though...

I did feel a bit let down by Microsoft this year. The new media for the AAA titles was okay, but not great. The Smart Glass app and the browser announcement actually grabbed my attention more than the games did. Looks like Microsoft is eating Apple's and Nintendo's lunch, (air-play like app that functions with any tablet that looks like it'll put the Wii U tablet to shame).

Even with the non-game offerings, there was still that lurking feeling in the back of my head that next year's reveal of the 360's successor is going to blow anything shown this year out of the water. The rumor mill is running rampant now. Word is that we'll see a 16 core processor with a quad card SLI configuration for graphics. I'll be ready to plunk down my money on day one, provided they don't screw us out of used games, and we don't get "EA-d", (project $10 for every game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back