XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tohis']Sorry everyone and my apologies, I want to buy Spelunky, but I don't have enough microsoft points(. Can someone inbox me 80 msp please?[/QUOTE]

Is that even possbile

Here's hoping this weeks' DotW doesn't stink now that all of the major holiday shopping sales are over. I want something good to spend all the newfound points I have on!

[quote name='Tohis']thanks for the help bro[/QUOTE]
They're available on Amazon and if you can't afford $5 on a points code then you got bigger problems.

[quote name='Tohis']Yes of corse![/QUOTE]
How? Only way I know is if you're all on the same family plan, and I don't remember seeing you at our last reunion.

[quote name='bardockkun']They're available on Amazon and if you can't afford $5 on a points code then you got bigger problems.[/QUOTE]
You're absolutely right, but I don't ask so much.

[quote name='simmias']How? Only way I know is if you're all on the same family plan, and I don't remember seeing you at our last reunion.[/QUOTE]

Bing codes.

[quote name='Tohis']You're absolutely right, but I don't ask so much.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that you shouldn't ask at all.

[quote name='Tohis']Sorry everyone and my apologies, I want to buy Spelunky, but I don't have enough microsoft points(. Can someone inbox me 80 msp please?[/QUOTE]

Come on guys! If we all chip in a dollar this guy can buy a Spelunky AND a clue! What's your PayPal email buddy?

I'm voting to end the preachy shit... now! Tohis, I understand your plight and would help if I could, but I simply cannot. Sorry.

[quote name='Ciffy']Here's hoping this weeks' DotW doesn't stink now that all of the major holiday shopping sales are over. I want something good to spend all the newfound points I have on![/QUOTE]

I seem to remember someone digging up a leak that revealed the next DOTW being a retread of DLC we've seen on sale a hundred times before. I would love to be wrong, though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I seem to remember someone digging up a leak that revealed the next DOTW being a retread of DLC we've seen on sale a hundred times before. I would love to be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]
Yes, GTA IV content, if I remember correctly.

If it is GTA IV DLC (yet again) then I'd only finally buy it if it turned out to be 200 points, which it goddamn should by this time.

Wow I think this is the most disappointing Thanksgiving sale for me yet. I did not buy one thing that was part of it. I did pick up Bully: Scholarship Edition, Dance Central 2 export, Lego Batman 2 Heroes pack, and Walking Dead Ep. 5.

Really hope for another bout of "fighters DLC" on sale:

Still waiting on SF4 Arcade expansion (Still at $15) and MK season pass (for those of us with the orginal game--non-Komplete edition). MK Season Pass was on sale last year and I can't even recall the last time I seen SF4 Arcade DLC on sale.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Trials Evolution or SKullgirlz :0. Far as I can tell neither of these been on sale yet.

[quote name='Ymeegod']Also wouldn't mind seeing Trials Evolution or SKullgirlz :0. Far as I can tell neither of these been on sale yet.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rule out Skullgirls being discounted soon. If nothing else, the people working on it could use the publicity after falling off the face of the earth for a while. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/skullgirls-team-forms-new-studio-continues-work-on-series/

Perhaps I'm too optimistic for a discount, but it's a fighter I'd actually love to have.

Dead Island GotY is out of stock @ the local wally worlds. $10 is worth it.

Just got the El Diablo' Mexican Adventure. One of the few sit-&-play kinect games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, I can't stop playing Monster World. I can't believe I've never played this before. I hope Monster World IV and Monster Land are as good.

[quote name='simmias']Holy crap, I can't stop playing Monster World. I can't believe I've never played this before. I hope Monster World IV and Monster Land are as good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its a pretty solid collection. ;)

F da snow monkey boss in land. :lol:

[quote name='simmias']Holy crap, I can't stop playing Monster World. I can't believe I've never played this before. I hope Monster World IV and Monster Land are as good.[/QUOTE]
Look up the Sega Master System ones, they're the best in the series

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Didn't Skullgirls get discounted on PSN a little while ago? Gives some more hope it'll happen on XBLA soon enough.[/QUOTE]
Hope that's a sign of some sort for MS to do the same, I also want skullgirls (I even would buy it for 800MSP). Also, because dreaming is free, a sale on SSF4 costumes would be very nice (I hate you, CAPCOM).

Picked up Cold Stream, to go along with my other L4D2 purchases over the weekend. Here's to hoping we get a decent sale tomorrow.

If not... well, these points aren't going anywhere :D

[quote name='Clown069']Still trying to determine if I want rock band blitz.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing the demo for a while and I think I will stay with the demo lol
I'm a rl musician btw and it feels weird to click some gamepad buttons in rhythm with the music. I'd rather have some visual feedback of something interesting while doing this boring activity, for example something like Space Channel 5! Seriously aint better to watch Ulala shaking her virtual booty instead of a roadway full of weird colored blocks????

I hope tomorrows deals are something good because my Live is gone as of the 1st and having no job at the moment makes it hard to afford stuff like live, I have like $25 worth of points saved up from Bing, so heres hoping something awesome pops up, if not then I hope the Christmas sales aren't for gold only

Im stuck at deciding which game i should get Magic 2013 or Monster World Collection.I played the demo to both and they were fun.I have a question to anyone that bought Magic 2013 does the games difficulty randomly spike up?

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Im stuck at deciding which game i should get Magic 2013 or Monster World Collection.I played the demo to both and they were fun.[/QUOTE]

It feels more natural for a console to play games like Wonderboy.
If you have Steam get magic over there or even better if you have a tablet YOU MUST GET magic over there and nowhere else...
The touch controls are the best for these kind of games. It's a card game after all and this is the closest you can get to the real thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have Spelunker on PSN, is there any reason I should get Spelunky? Also, I haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, but it's coming in the mail. Are any of the DLCs worth it?

I've never played any card games save for pokemon and yugioh (back in the day). Will I like/enjoy Magic 2013? 400 msp caught my attention

[quote name='johnpap']It feels more natural for a console to play games like Wonderboy.
If you have Steam get magic over there or even better if you have a tablet YOU MUST GET magic over there and nowhere else...
The touch controls are the best for these kind of games. It's a cards game after all and this is the closest you can get to the real thing![/QUOTE]

Hmmm i never knew that Magic was available on the tablets.I used to be a huge Magic The Gatherings fan back in 2004-05 and my interest just kinda died and I thought maybe this game would've been good to get back into.I played this first Magic game on xbox and i felt that the game got to hard near the end or maybe im just rusty.

[quote name='iRandom']I've never played any card games save for pokemon and yugioh (back in the day). Will I like/enjoy Magic 2013? 400 msp caught my attention[/QUOTE]

The Yu-Gi-Oh game on the xbox marketplace is pretty fun and addicting,well at least it was for me and my friends we would play the tag duels for hours.I believe the game got delisted and brought back like a week ago.

SEGA renewed the trademark of Skies of Arcadia? So again Rumors aout a Skies of Arcadia HD...yes please! this and shenmue and I will never ask anything again from SEGA :X

[quote name='iRandom']I've never played any card games save for pokemon and yugioh (back in the day). Will I like/enjoy Magic 2013? 400 msp caught my attention[/QUOTE]

Yes. Magic is wonderful and much easier to learn than Yu-Gi-Oh.

[quote name='eastx']Yes. Magic is wonderful and much easier to learn than Yu-Gi-Oh.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree. I've only been playing "seriously" for the last month or two, but it's fairly easy to pick up and learn. There's a good amount of key words, but learning them comes pretty quick.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Im stuck at deciding which game i should get Magic 2013 or Monster World Collection.I played the demo to both and they were fun.I have a question to anyone that bought Magic 2013 does the games difficulty randomly spike up?[/QUOTE]

I've only played for a little bit, but I haven't noticed a spike in difficulty. Granted, it could be because I'm a little more experienced then when I first started playing DOTP and DOTP 2012. As for the Planechanse mode (four player FFA), I did find my first game of that to be difficult in a sense, but I may have just used the wrong deck for it.

That being said, I've only unlocked four decks so far and thing I notice about them is that they're much more solid than the 2012 decks (don't recall the first game's decks all that well). What I mean is, in 2012, it seemed like you could make a lot of cuts quite easily. In 2013, to use the one deck as an example, it seems like there's two or three different ways you could actually build it. So there's more options and it seems like it gives you a lot better cards overall.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']SEGA renewed the trademark of Skies of Arcadia? So again Rumors aout a Skies of Arcadia HD...yes please! this and shenmue and I will never ask anything again from SEGA :X[/QUOTE]

First someone mentions Shining Force and now you mention Skies of Arcadia! Definitely my top two games of all time. Now I have my hopes up, so it probably wont happen. :cry:

[quote name='JStryke']
I've only played for a little bit, but I haven't noticed a spike in difficulty. Granted, it could be because I'm a little more experienced then when I first started playing DOTP and DOTP 2012. As for the Planechanse mode (four player FFA), I did find my first game of that to be difficult in a sense, but I may have just used the wrong deck for it.

That being said, I've only unlocked four decks so far and thing I notice about them is that they're much more solid than the 2012 decks (don't recall the first game's decks all that well). What I mean is, in 2012, it seemed like you could make a lot of cuts quite easily. In 2013, to use the one deck as an example, it seems like there's two or three different ways you could actually build it. So there's more options and it seems like it gives you a lot better cards overall.[/QUOTE]

I decided to go ahead and grab Magic because i gave Monster World a second go at the demo and its fun and all but I just dont see myself beating it.

Played the demo for South Park: Tenorman's Revenge, and thought it wasn't too bad. Jumping felt floaty and touchy, and the fact that they make you constantly hop to collect the coins is super annoying, but I could see some fun being had here especially with couch co-op. If someone can recommend a similar game to check out I'd hold off, but unless there's something new on sale this week that piques my interest, I'll try snagging South Park at the last minute.

[quote name='ooga']First someone mentions Shining Force and now you mention Skies of Arcadia! Definitely my top two games of all time. Now I have my hopes up, so it probably wont happen. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you dig racing games, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is not only an awesome game, it has Vyse and a wonderful Skies track. SEGA could certainly be warming us up for a re-release. After all, they're buying into digital releases in a big way. If only Square-Enix would do the same on consoles and not just smartphones!

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Hope we see Crysis 1 for 800 MSP some time.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are kidding. It was already on sale for 800msp not that long ago. GoD sales are really unpredictable and even I (who only had a slight interest in it) picked it up at that time. It may never go on sale again. I'm sorry but you may have missed your only opportunity to pick it up on the cheap if you didn't get it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back