XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you guys are hurting for a lot of games. The only game I can think of that I may pick up (and it's not even certain I would) would be Nights.

I'll jump on the bandwagon with things I'd like to see discounts on...

FEZ. That, if nothing else. Skullgirls, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Half-Minute Hero, Scarygirl, and Awesomenauts. I'll throw in another vote for Deadlight though I haven't even tried the demo. I'd bite on Deathsmiles 2X at the right price. It's probably too soon to hope for TJ&E, Nights, or Double Dragon Neon, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

As for sales I'd love to see repeated: All Zombies Must Die, Crimson Alliance, Guardian Heroes, I Am Alive (but cheaper!), From Dust (cheaper!!!), Sine Mora, Sonic 4 Ep. 2, Resident Evil 4.

And thanks to Chrono Gear for reminding me of Nights and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'll bite on the latter at 400 or something. Hahaha. F U Capcom.

Oh. And Death Tank, for the hell of it. First DOTW I ever missed. Long, long ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one game that I hope goes on sale, Dust: An Elysian Tale

But I do want the Gears of War 3 season pass or the story DLC (can't remember name) to go on sale as well because I missed those the first time.

[quote name='biledriver']Call me petty but the obnoxious dude that made Fez gets none of my money.[/QUOTE]

I had already bought the game before I realized how annoying he is. I may not have bought it had I already known. Same with Minecraft.

Oh, and I'd really like to see Dust go on sale. I just got a bunch of points from that Gamestop thing and need to spend it on something. I'll wait until the holiday sale, although this has been my first year gaming with Steam, so the XBLA sales don't seem so great anymore.

I need some help guys... im not going to have access to the internet after tomorrow afternoon. I have 600 msp pending and another 200 coming today from my bing accounts. I also am trying to trade my Halo 4 spec code for Bing points... ill cave for 400msp but less is fine because im in a pinch for time now.

I wanted opinions on what i should get as far as 800 pt games go or how would you spend 800 msp before tomorrow 6pm EST

im looking for something that i can play that wont require online play but will still take up alot of my time. Yes I have Bastion already.

Also, isnt there a developer's sale tomorrow? So there are still things that are gonna be on sale that we dont know about as of now correct? Plus Scratch and Match will change too...

I dunno guys, im really bummed. Im being illegally evicted and my dad just died recently, sob story aside i just need something to keep me occupied until i can get the internet turned on at the new place. Im not interested in any of the Sega AM2 games because we all know Sega will flip those for 200 in a couple of months.

So if anyone wants to bite on that Halo 4 spec code... send me a pm, otherwise ill be awaiting some suggestions kind sirs and madams

Also, im guessing that im not gonna get my points from last month in time am i? I should get 200 MSP for the hours i put into Halo 4... literally 2 hours off of 70 hours -_-

[quote name='biledriver']Call me petty but the obnoxious dude that made Fez gets none of my money.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, though I think Rivers Cuomo is a colossal douche and I still attend Weezer shows. By paying for the product I'm just showing my appreciation for the art, not actively endorsing someone being an asshole. Now, if someone revealed that Phil Fish stuffs babies in burgers, I might have to bail out too...

Absolutely. I made this same comment after watching Indie Game: The Movie. Actually, a lot of those independent developers were pricks. One of the Super Meat Boy guys seemed kind of cool, though.

i heard bill gates isn't the nicest guy, better return your xbox

[quote name='Althax']Mark of the Ninja
Dust
Half minute hero
Battlefield 3 maps or premium discount
Minecraft[/QUOTE]

BF 3 Premium Edition (Game plus Premium code) was $25-$30 everywhere on BF.

[quote name='MSUHitman']BF 3 Premium Edition (Game plus Premium code) was $25-$30 everywhere on BF.[/QUOTE]

And I was really tempted. But I already have the vanilla game with karkand so $30 seemed like a lot just to get the 3 or so packs I needed.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i heard bill gates isn't the nicest guy, better return your xbox[/QUOTE]

If the jerky devs whose games I'd rather not support started setting up charities to do the same things that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation accomplishes, I'll start looking past their jerkiness and start supporting their games. But for now, they're just jerky devs whose games I can live without (except the ones I've bought anyway).

[quote name='wEEman33']Or instead of spending $25 to get $1 back, you could simply do 10 minutes of Bing searches in a week for free and get the same amount of MS points.

Terrible offer.[/QUOTE]

Amen. With Sony's horrible lack of PR for their games, it's amazing their deals blow MS out of the water.

[quote name='Althax']And I was really tempted. But I already have the vanilla game with karkand so $30 seemed like a lot just to get the 3 or so packs I needed.[/QUOTE]

Well there's 4 packs outside of Karkand, but you could have traded your copy into GS to make up some of the difference.

[quote name='ooga']Wow, you guys are hurting for a lot of games. The only game I can think of that I may pick up (and it's not even certain I would) would be Nights.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to see Scarygirl on sale, but thanks to the trade thread here and random website giveaways, I've got pretty much everything I want on XBLA.

[quote name='jaso']Absolutely. I made this same comment after watching Indie Game: The Movie. Actually, a lot of those independent developers were pricks. One of the Super Meat Boy guys seemed kind of cool, though.[/QUOTE]

It's funny how bad that movie made most of those devs look. Edmund McMillen was the only one who came off okay at all. Phil Fish looked like a total neurotic, Tommy Refenes kind of came off like a whiner, and Jon Blow kind of like a psycho. What was up with that part where Blow felt like people didn't understand Braid and have the same connection with it that he did? Of course they didn't, THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT!

That being said, I think it's important to separate an artist from their creations. Those who are skipping Super Meat Boy or Braid just because of the creators are really just missing out on 2 amazing games. Fez not so much...

/rant about Indie Game: The Movie.

[quote name='BNoyes']If the jerky devs whose games I'd rather not support started setting up charities to do the same things that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation accomplishes, I'll start looking past their jerkiness and start supporting their games. But for now, they're just jerky devs whose games I can live without (except the ones I've bought anyway).[/QUOTE]

we want to play good games, right?

shouldn't we support developers that make good games so we continue to see good games?

i's ok though i'm sure he'll survive without your 5 - 10 dollar purchase, just saying the only person affected by a grudge is the person holding a grudge

[quote name='Barry Burton']we want to play good games, right?

shouldn't we support developers that make good games so we continue to see good games?

i's ok though i'm sure he'll survive without your 5 - 10 dollar purchase, just saying the only person affected by a grudge is the person holding a grudge[/QUOTE]

No, Phil Fish is just a douchebag. I guarantee you his ass was kicked every other day growing up, and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

He won't be in demand to produce more lol retro crap if we don't buy his games, and eventually he'll fade away. How many "good games" do you think are out there, anyway? Do you know how many games get released every week across all platforms? Unless you like elitist pricks, that is, which doesn't seem like a stretch for you.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ikaruga was just on sale for 400, less than a month ago.[/QUOTE]

I do not have that sale app in my country. So waiting for a Dotw or some other sale. Anyways, I'm not in a hurry or something, and lately it seems that things that go to that sale app are likely to end in a Dotw sooner or later.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']I need some help guys... im not going to have access to the internet after tomorrow afternoon. /
im looking for something that i can play that wont require online play but will still take up alot of my time.
[/QUOTE]

Dude, as far as I know, you have to be online to play downloable games, isn't it? Or you will connect the Xbox with the hot spot of your mobile phone just for start the game then quit?

Btw for 800MSP to be hours occupied? Surelly you have tons of games in your backlog, don't think it is necessary to get more. What kind of games do you like? If you got Puzzle quest last sale, it sure can get you hooked several hours.

PD: I don't know you but I'm sorry to hear that things went to hell lately in your life.

[quote name='BNoyes']If the jerky devs whose games I'd rather not support started setting up charities to do the same things that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation accomplishes, I'll start looking past their jerkiness and start supporting their games. But for now, they're just jerky devs whose games I can live without (except the ones I've bought anyway).[/QUOTE]

Bill Gates is a multi-billionaire, so is this comparison anywhere near apt?

I had fun with the demo for Fez and stand by my decision to purchase it when it goes on sale - or cave when I have the points and nothing better to spend them on. I can't believe we're discussing this crap, like we are deeply familiar with the devs behind all the things we buy on XBLA and how the funds we provide them are being funneled into nefarious deeds, blah blah etc.

Though I do have a ferocious hatred for Penny Arcade and anything they're involved with, so I guess I'm right there with the lot of you.

[quote name='Blade']No, Phil Fish is just a douchebag. I guarantee you his ass was kicked every other day growing up, and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

He won't be in demand to produce more lol retro crap if we don't buy his games, and eventually he'll fade away. How many "good games" do you think are out there, anyway? Do you know how many games get released every week across all platforms? Unless you like elitist pricks, that is, which doesn't seem like a stretch for you.[/QUOTE]

You right. He just look like a piece of shit.

someone is biting on my halo 4 spec code! SWEET... so now i should have 1200 msp to spend and im open to suggestions, does anyone know which company is having their sale tomorrow? If its in the OP i overlooked it...

[quote name='Juice el Savior']someone is biting on my halo 4 spec code! SWEET... so now i should have 1200 msp to spend and im open to suggestions, does anyone know which company is having their sale tomorrow? If its in the OP i overlooked it...[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft

[quote name='E.Nich']I do not have that sale app in my country. So waiting for a Dotw or some other sale. Anyways, I'm not in a hurry or something, and lately it seems that things that go to that sale app are likely to end in a Dotw sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot that the S&S app is not available everywhere. My bad!

[quote name='Thrinn']http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Search.aspx?plTag=xbla

Outland has gotten some fairly favorable buzz.[/QUOTE]

I dont have Trials... never played either of them...

Here is hoping Spartacus Legends is cool, the show was great for the first two seasons but i couldnt watch the new guy play spartacus.

For those that didnt know the original Spartacus (for the tv series) died from a bout of something... cancer i think :(

[quote name='Juice el Savior']
For those that didnt know the original Spartacus (for the tv series) died from a bout of something... cancer i think :([/QUOTE]
Andy Whitfield. His name is Andy Whitfield.

And my wishlist for 12 days is Fez, NiGHTS, ME3: From the Ashes, Double Dragon: Neon, Dust, Hell Yeah!, Jet Set Radio, Mark of the Ninja and Walking Dead. Though still hoping for a deal FINALLY on Rocket Knight and Half-Minute Hero.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i heard bill gates isn't the nicest guy, better return your xbox[/QUOTE]

Bill and Melinda Gates give hundreds of millions of dollars each year to charities. They have literally saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people from Malaria. That makes him a good guy in my book. How many lives have you and Phil Fish saved so far?
Not a good comparison.

[quote name='bardockkun']Andy Whitfield. His name is Andy Whitfield.

And my wishlist for 12 days is Fez, NiGHTS, ME3: From the Ashes, Double Dragon: Neon, Dust, Hell Yeah!, Jet Set Radio, Mark of the Ninja and Walking Dead. Though still hoping for a deal FINALLY on Rocket Knight and Half-Minute Hero.[/QUOTE]

it slipped my mind... Andy was a fucking beast of an actor

[quote name='bardockkun']Hell Yeah!, Jet Set Radio, Rocket Knight[/QUOTE]

I forgot about these. Nice! The first two have the advantage of being published by the most sale-happy publisher out there, but I believe Rocket Knight is beyond hope, sadly.

I dunno. The Indie Game movie sounded like a lot of the money would go to his estranged partner too, which would just drive Phil Fish nuts even more. :)

Personally, I don't like to base my shopping on anything but the product at hand. If I started avoiding businesses, developers, etc. because of reasons not related to the product, that would severely limit my choices and also require a lot of research and work on my part. Maybe I am just too lazy to care. That being said, if there is something so egregious that I can't ignore, I might bend this rule. It's rare but it happens.

I've settled my mind to grab Half-Minute Hero on Steam since that version retains almost all modes of the PSP one, with a couple of minor exceptions.

IMHO, an ENHANCED port should, by definition, enrich and expand what's already in the game, instead they cut off all extra modes (a shoot'em up, a mini-RTS and a sort of puzzle/beat'em up) from the XBLA edition to make space for a new art style which is, to say the least, not very good.

Sure, the core game is still there with all its charming frenzy and I suspect they may have planned to release the missing content through DLC, but I loved the original and was searching for a "complete" port to double dip, so I don't think I'll jump on the XBLA one even at a discounted price...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I forgot about these. Nice! The first two have the advantage of being published by the most sale-happy publisher out there, but I believe Rocket Knight is beyond hope, sadly.[/QUOTE]

A deal on rocket knight in the S&S tomorrow would blow my mind... i forgot it was even online... maybe i should cave on the 1200 price point, me and sparkster go way back

[quote name='Juice el Savior']... any good Ubisoft XBLA games?[/QUOTE]

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is fun. Although, it's been on sale countless times already and the lack of online multiplayer is still pretty weak.

[quote name='pyoobez']Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is fun. Although, it's been on sale countless times already and the lack of online multiplayer is still pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

Oh... you're right, they still haven't released that Wallace Pack DLC announced last summer? And I was hoping to get a discount on it... still, Scott Pilgrim is a fun couch co-op romp :)

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Personally, I don't like to base my shopping on anything but the product at hand. If I started avoiding businesses, developers, etc. because of reasons not related to the product, that would severely limit my choices and also require a lot of research and work on my part. Maybe I am just too lazy to care. That being said, if there is something so egregious that I can't ignore, I might bend this rule. It's rare but it happens.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I dunno. The Indie Game movie sounded like a lot of the money would go to his estranged partner too, which would just drive Phil Fish nuts even more. :)

Personally, I don't like to base my shopping on anything but the product at hand. If I started avoiding businesses, developers, etc. because of reasons not related to the product, that would severely limit my choices and also require a lot of research and work on my part. Maybe I am just too lazy to care. That being said, if there is something so egregious that I can't ignore, I might bend this rule. It's rare but it happens.[/QUOTE]
If these people actually avoided bad businesses they'd have to add Epic to that list, as well as any game with their Unreal engine. That would seriously limit how many games they could play.

[quote name='Blade']No, Phil Fish is just a douchebag. I guarantee you his ass was kicked every other day growing up, and he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

He won't be in demand to produce more lol retro crap if we don't buy his games, and eventually he'll fade away. How many "good games" do you think are out there, anyway? Do you know how many games get released every week across all platforms? Unless you like elitist pricks, that is, which doesn't seem like a stretch for you.[/QUOTE]

sounds to me like a guy like phil fish stole your girlfriend while growing up and you haven't gotten over it

the grudge only affects you "pal", nobody else

[quote name='ooga']Bill and Melinda Gates give hundreds of millions of dollars each year to charities. They have literally saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people from Malaria. That makes him a good guy in my book. How many lives have you and Phil Fish saved so far?
Not a good comparison.[/QUOTE]

it wasn't a serious comparison, just pointing out how silly some of you are

i once gave cpr to a heart attack victim and they survived, so that's one life i helped save

[quote name='The Ebbtide']If these people actually avoided bad businesses they'd have to add Epic to that list, as well as any game with their Unreal engine. That would seriously limit how many games they could play.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? What did Epic do wrong?

Since when do we treat game developers like TMZ level celebrities? Who cares. If the game gets bad reviews, understandable, but if you're basing it on some stupid fluff piece that Kotaku or whoever wrote about a single quote that you now remember and base all your spending on, then you were looking for an excuse to hate on them anyways.

I don't care about the personal life of devs, I'd purchase the game if I like it. I'll buy Fez if it hits half it's price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Totally forgot that the S&S app is not available everywhere. My bad![/QUOTE]

No problem mate.

[quote name='pyoobez']Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is fun. Although, it's been on sale countless times already and the lack of online multiplayer is still pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a given that everyone owned Scotty P :lol:

right now im thinking Double Dragon Neon and Sonic Fighters with my 1200 pts... here is hoping something i dont have goes on sale tomorrow... i know ill be up all night waiting for the deals to rollover :p

C'mon Sparkster, Deadlight, or Dust...

i know, close to no chance on those tomorrow, but a CAG can dream right?

Phil Fish may be a "Douchebag" but Fez is still an amazing game. Probably my favorite XBLA game of the year no doubt, the game was pretty phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back