XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked over the Ubisoft XBLA list and think the only game I want that I don't own is I Am Alive. Hopefully it'll drop to 600 MSP sometime or I might bite at 800 MSP since I have a ton of points now and enjoyed the trial.

Both Trials games are difficult but extremely rewarding and some of my favorite XBLA games. I bought all their DLC at launch. Outland is another favorite that I highly recommend. Otherwise Beyond Good & Evil HD and From Dust are fun too.

[quote name='sicsonic']Phil Fish may be a "Douchebag" but Fez is still an amazing game. Probably my favorite XBLA game of the year no doubt, the game was pretty phenomenal.[/QUOTE]
For those that it worked for.

The man is an out and out thief who doesn't care about the quality of his work or the people who paid money for it.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']For those that it worked for.

The man is an out and out thief who doesn't care about the quality of his work or the people who paid money for it.[/QUOTE]

whats the story on this... I are intrigued

[quote name='Juice el Savior']whats the story on this... I are intrigued[/QUOTE]

For the love of Cod, someone just PM this guy some links and run because this conversation needs to die. My two cents.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Are they going to do a x days of christmas sale again this year? I wonderz[/QUOTE]

They've done it more than once, IIRC, so I would say probably so.

As for Beyond Good & Evil - there's no inverted Y axis option, if that's a dealbreaker for you (and if it even goes on sale).

Hoping the Ubisoft sale includes a hefty discount on From Dust.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']whats the story on this... I are intrigued[/QUOTE]

The game is broken for a lot of people and since MS wouldn't let him release the patch for free he just said "fuck it" and left it as is rather than paying the fee.

[quote name='angelfly']Hoping the Ubisoft sale includes a hefty discount on From Dust.

The game is broken for a lot of people and since MS wouldn't let him release the patch for free he just said "fuck it" and left it as is rather than paying the fee.[/QUOTE]
dont forget how he blamed microsoft for being the assholes who clearly told him the rules and how much a patch would be and then blatantly wouldn't bend the rules for him. So Unfair! :roll:

[quote name='Juice el Savior']but how was it unplayable for some... i dont understand...[/QUOTE]

For Christ's sake, lol. Hasn't anyone ever heard of Google? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...Broken-Patch-for-Fez--Won-t-Fix-Problems.html

Anyways, speaking of XBLA issues, if anyone's noticed, Comic Jumper (which I've been waiting to go on sale for 400 MSP again) is now 1200 MSP. Any idea why? Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen a mark-up in price on XBLM.. really hoping this doesn't become a trend. It was originally 1200 MSP until April 11th last year, until today. So wtf?

[quote name='cthomer5000']Fez is an incredible game, and no one should avoid it based on the perceived douchebag-ness of Phil Fish.[/QUOTE]

I'm avoiding it based on the fact that it might not work. Or did you not bother to read the posts right above yours?

Do they ever offer great Christmas deals on Xbox Live? I'm more interested in full games than DLC unless it's Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='TommyLove']Do they ever offer great Christmas deals on Xbox Live?[/QUOTE]

In the past they've run a series of one-day sales towards the end of December.

[quote name='Thrinn']In the past they've run a series of one-day sales towards the end of December.[/QUOTE]
Oh thanks! Looks like I gotta keep my eyes out.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']For Christ's sake, lol. Hasn't anyone ever heard of Google? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...Broken-Patch-for-Fez--Won-t-Fix-Problems.html

Anyways, speaking of XBLA issues, if anyone's noticed, Comic Jumper (which I've been waiting to go on sale for 400 MSP again) is now 1200 MSP. Any idea why? Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen a mark-up in price on XBLM.. really hoping this doesn't become a trend. It was originally 1200 MSP until April 11th last year, until today. So wtf?[/QUOTE]

It may have something to do with it being the scratch and match prize.

Geez sorry... i have been posting from my phone all day from work...

love how warm and friendly some of you guys can be... :D

EDITTED IN: After reading that article, honestly... can you blame the dev? im kinda surprised that it was spun like it was here. The guy was sincerely sorry and im sure he hasnt made enough money off of the game to even merit that kinda cash for an upload. This has been a problem time and time again with XBLA and I seem to recall some grief with some devs on the XBLIG side too. Particularly Zeboyd Games, when the update came for Cthulhu Saves the World they made it point to explain all of this and tell us how lucky we were.

I love Microsoft, I really do... but not every indie developer has backing like The Behemoth does. For those of you that know, Tom Fulp, Synj, and crew have been banking on that sweet sweet Newgrounds cash ever since cafepress went up im sure. Id love to think i could take the time out and develop a game of my own (i actually have 3 game scripts written and im working on a Fire Emblem hack) and throw it on the marketplace. Im just a poor bastard with a heart as big as his dreams though.

Also, im surprised there arent any Shining Force, Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre style games on the marketplace... needs moar chess with rpg statistics...

/rant

[quote name='Vegan']I'm avoiding it based on the fact that it might not work. Or did you not bother to read the posts right above yours?[/QUOTE]

I'm quite familiar with the situation of the game, unlike you clowns rallying against it. The specific bug they decided not to patch applied only to existing save games, and impacted 1% of users.

If you hadn't bought the game yet, it doesn't effect you in any way.

There are a zillion games on the market with equally big problems, but people already had their knives out for Phil Fish after the Japanese Games comment.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It would probably have helped if you said you were posting on a phone rather than expect everybody to know that.[/QUOTE]

sorry, i didnt realize i was supposed to expect everyone to be a jerk...

[quote name='cthomer5000']I'm quite familiar with the situation of the game, unlike you clowns rallying against it. The specific bug they decided not to patch applied only to existing save games, and impacted 1% of users.

If you hadn't bought the game yet, it doesn't effect you in any way.

There are a zillion games on the market with equally big problems, but people already had their knives out for Phil Fish after the Japanese Games comment.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what i was thinking as i was reading it

[quote name='Juice el Savior']sorry, i didnt realize i was supposed to expect everyone to be a jerk...[/QUOTE]

On here always expect the unexpected !!

All I know is I got a ridiculous amount of points ready for any sale.

Meaning long as it's something I want. I Sure as hell ain't buying any CoD map packs.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']EDITTED IN: After reading that article, honestly... can you blame the dev? im kinda surprised that it was spun like it was here.[/quote]

Sorry, the blame is totally on the dev... You get a free patch, so he could have patched every issue for free (or at least the serious ones) and not have paid a dollar. Instead he didn't Q&A his work and made a bigger problem.

I don't know about you... but if I fuck up at work there can be serious financial complications in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to pick up the 3 pacman games. I was going to skip them but I figured I can switch between them when I'm in the mood. Now I'll just wait and see what this week's sales are.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Instead he didn't Q&A his work and made a bigger problem.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, Q&A is part of the Microsoft patch validation process, hence why it runs in the tens of thousands of dollars after the first freebie patch. Being handled in-house would be almost pointless since Polytron is... what... Phil Fish and one other dude, if even that? Companies run their games through testing for weeks, months even, and still miss game-breaking bugs - it's nigh impossible to find them all. I would think you are not completely oblivious to this.

And as was pointed out before, that "bigger problem" affected pre-existing saves, so in theory anyone purchasing the game now, downloading the patch, and playing from there shouldn't run into save corrupting issues. Admittedly, I haven't followed up to see if that's 100% true.

[quote name='bardockkun']All I know is I got a ridiculous amount of points ready for any sale.

Meaning long as it's something I want. I Sure as hell ain't buying any CoD map packs.[/QUOTE]
Same boat I'm in. Even though I'm keeping my expectations in check(repeat Splinter Cell DLC/BG&E really) I can't seem to pull myself away hoping something gets leaked. And yeah, I'll save my points for the 12 days of Christmas/New Years sales. COD doesn't get my money. I'm not THAT desperate

As the only CAG to miss out on the wonderful discount Microsoft Points since I worked the past holiday, and on the one remaining day when I wasn't tired, I just chose to not press the employees after refusal (don't worry, I was cordial despite my mind cursing the heavens and my own negative luck), I cannot reap the benefits of your "Inception" deal within a deal prices. Being devoid of fortune, kind local stores, and favorable situation for those days means I will not enact my crazy grand spending for like all 8080MSP of Otomedius Excellent DLC, 4880MSP of Dead or Alive 5 DLC, 7200MSP of Rumble Roses XX DLC, or GoD Deathsmiles 2X. Instead, I will treat it as my own version of Groundhog's Day, a positive spin: since I got no Microsoft points on the cheapness, we will get another year of me complaining how my obscure and odd wants from the Xbox Marketplace don't get a sale. =P

Fortunately, an Ubisoft sale is coming for tomorrow and I hope Trials Evolution, I Am Alive, and From Dust gets significant discounts along with their respective DLC. However, the Deal of the Week on Deadliest Warrior doesn't apply to me since I am more interested in those offerings on disc like this past week's Namco XBLA titles. It is the calm before the storm, where I could try to get some Bing points (and I guess I will try that shady site which texts my phone to charge my Paypal account to some Chinese name for at least something resembling discount MSP) in preparation for a potential countdown to New Years offerings.

If the countdown to New Years is offered in a similar manner to the ones in years past: lasting 12 days, I should be able to attain the December Xbox Live Rewards offer (a 5% rebate on 2000MSP of spending). So the less days wasted on something like some free ugly 2013 avatar apocalypse glasses or a standard definition movie rental, I can gain hope for something along the lines of Dust: An Elysian Tail, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, or Mark of the Ninja at respectable discount prices.

I am curious who wants this Wednesday's Guardians of Middle Earth, especially when it is due to be 1200MSP on release (but I think they said it will not have micro-transactions at least) [personally, I am not a fan of the franchise it is based on, but the gameplay sounds interesting], your opinions of the game is worth mentioning on this thread (or at least to me). The amount of new XBLA titles could be slowing down for the remainder of the year, but the future looks bright. Even now when I've finally come to terms that amazon has nullified my preorder for Phantom Breaker because it appears to be cancelled for release, I can still hope in 2013 the XBLA Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds can at least still be available for me. Also I am elated to know I can have an opportunity to play Pier Solar when/if its HD version gets finished for XBLA.

Only the soothing song of discounts can calm the beast that is my rage for not getting any discount Microsoft Points. Darn, it would have been nice to get all 3280MSP of DLC songs for the Ridge Racer 6 I don't have yet =(.

[quote name='VersionJ']What games does everyone hope will go on sale before the year is up?
[/QUOTE]

Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Banjo-Tooie
Darwinia+
BC Rearmed 2

Would be cool to see Rocket Knight on sale as well. Already bought it, but i'm sure a lot of people wait for price drop on this one.

The new sales are live on the dashboard. Prices are not yet in effect.

Ubisoft publisher sale:

Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations GOD (all $10 off) and DLC on sale
Mad Riders (400 off) DLC Zambia pack (save 120)
Outland (400 off)
Babel Rising (400 off) DLC Sky's the Limit (save 120)
Splinter Cell GOD/DLC (save 10 bucks/400 points respectively)
Prince of Persia GOD (Save 400) DLC Epilogue (Save 400)
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands GOD (Save $5.00)
Beyond Good and Evil (400 off)
From Dust (400 off)
Scott Pilgrim (400 off)+DLC (80 off)
Your Shape DLC
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes (600 off) and DLC (120 off)
Zeit 2 (600 off) - Would be 200 pts, I may pick this one up.
Rayman 3 HD (400 off)

[quote name='taylort3']dont forget how he blamed microsoft for being the assholes who clearly told him the rules and how much a patch would be and then blatantly wouldn't bend the rules for him. So Unfair! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Microsoft's policy on patching games is unfair. There is no developer who thinks it's a good policy, and it's left more than one buggy game permanently unpatched.

Also, what Dark Inchworm said. The Q & A process is handled by Microsoft, and if bugs slipped through the first patch (as they did), that's Microsoft's mistake, not the dev's.

Hmmm slightly interested in From Dust, but I'm also expecting some pretty nice sales coming up for Christmas if it's gonna be similar to last years. Especially after getting in on that GS glitch last night I can't wait to find out what Microsoft puts on sale.

[quote name='eastx']Microsoft's policy on patching games is unfair. There is no developer who thinks it's a good policy...[/QUOTE]
Possibly because they're used to releasing games before they're ready? OH I WENT THERE :whistle2:#

Edit: in a similar vein, did Beyond Good & Evil "HD" ever get its patch?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Possibly because they're used to releasing games before they're ready? OH I WENT THERE :whistle2:#

Edit: in a similar vein, did Beyond Good & Evil "HD" ever get its patch?[/QUOTE]
I've always wanted that game. Is Beyond Good and Evil HD on xbox marketplace?

Yes, but it's also HD on PC. I don't know why I'm toying with the idea of the XBLA version, as I'm one of those crazy people who pushes their stick forwards to simulate looking down (like a pilot or a professional gamer), and Ubisoft didn't manage to include this basic functionality without also making left mean right. Still, maybe the assholes at Microsoft have let them patch in this feature of every other game I've ever played on 360.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Especially after getting in on that GS glitch last night I can't wait to find out what Microsoft puts on sale.[/QUOTE]

What glitch?

[quote name='JDMoney']The new sales are live on the dashboard. Prices are not yet in effect.

Ubisoft publisher sale:

Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations GOD (all $10 off) and DLC on sale
Mad Riders (400 off) DLC Zambia pack (save 120)
Outland (400 off)
Babel Rising (400 off) DLC Sky's the Limit (save 120)
Splinter Cell GOD/DLC (save 10 bucks/400 points respectively)
Prince of Persia GOD (Save 400) DLC Epilogue (Save 400)
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands GOD (Save $5.00)
Beyond Good and Evil (400 off)
From Dust (400 off)
Scott Pilgrim (400 off)+DLC (80 off)
Your Shape DLC
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes (600 off) and DLC (120 off)
Zeit 2 (600 off) - Would be 200 pts, I may pick this one up.
Rayman 3 HD (400 off)[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me then, would have bought PoP+DLC if the discount was better (unless the prices are not live yet and the discount comes later).

edit: seems the discount is not live yet, so probably I'll get this :) nice

AC: revelations at 19.99 ok still probably $5 overpriced but with BF points fine.....not sure if dropped yet, but if its 29.99 go fuck yourself microsoft!!

[quote name='PenguinJim']Possibly because they're used to releasing games before they're ready? OH I WENT THERE :whistle2:#

Edit: in a similar vein, did Beyond Good & Evil "HD" ever get its patch?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah last gen I think it was acceptable for companies not to be expect any type of patch process on consoles. But now this gen Sony and Steams allows for unlimited and quicker patch processes (notice how sometimes PS3 users get a patch a few days, sometimes weeks earlier) where as Microsoft take's their sweet time getting around to certifying patches and also charges after the first one. Steam nor Sony do that so Micosoft just needs to be more fair.

I'm more interested how the Wii U works with updates because when a Wii game was bugged you were pretty much SOL.

But I'd like the next iteration of the DS to allow for patching as well. Look at the 999 sequel that has game breaking bugs that could have been saved with a god patch.

Let's face it, the developers bug testing skills are not what It use to be.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well yeah last gen I think it was acceptable for companies not to be expect any type of patch process on consoles. But now this gen Sony and Steams allows for unlimited and quicker patch processes (notice how sometimes PS3 users get a patch a few days, sometimes weeks earlier) where as Microsoft take's their sweet time getting around to certifying patches and also charges after the first one. Steam nor Sony do that so Micosoft just needs to be more fair.

I'm more interested how the Wii U works with updates because when a Wii game was bugged you were pretty much SOL.

But I'd like the next iteration of the DS to allow for patching as well. Look at the 999 sequel that has game breaking bugs that could have been saved with a god patch.

Let's face it, the developers bug testing skills are not what It use to be.[/QUOTE]

i couldnt have put that any better...

the sad thing is, 50% of gamers would probably give their firstborn to be a professional game tester for a major company for minimum wage and no benefits...

Where ya Crapcom? I need a job damnit...

[quote name='Esphyrian']Already have the AC DLC, other than that nothing else interests me. Hope the DoTW for GOLD is better.[/QUOTE]

DotW for Gold is the Deadliest Warrior franchise... a hit for some but a miss for most.

I enjoy the hell out of them, but i hate that the loading times for matches are sometimes longer than the matches themselves.

Sales & Specials+ app:

Daytona USA - 400msp (was 800)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - 400msp (was 800)

Chain Reaction - Batman Arkham City

[quote name='dark_inchworm']From what I understand, Q&A is part of the Microsoft patch validation process, hence why it runs in the tens of thousands of dollars after the first freebie patch. [/QUOTE]

Yep. Everyone conveniently forgets this. Microsoft dropped the ball on QA with the patch. That's a big part of what they're paying the money for.

Also, companies make decisions like these all the time. They realize "we're not going to make back in additional sales what we will lose by paying for another patch." He just said it out loud.

[quote name='xbox_man']If i remember right, the sales and specials app games were all on sale recently[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Wish i was waited on SC Conviction, it's something like 320msp on Hungarian marketplace. :/

[quote name='Sath666']Yep.

Wish i was waited on SC Conviction, it's something like 320msp on Hungarian marketplace. :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is that price, just checked.
Australia also gets it cheaper than America at 640 msp.

Well... my choices for my 1200 MSP before i lose internet are either

GTA:SA
OR
Double Dragon: Neon and Sonic Fighters...

or anything else you guys can recommend, my ears are open and my will is ready to bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back