XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I'd drop in to say that I finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. Now I'm eagerly waiting 'til the rest of it's on sale so I can finish it. Surprisingly fun to play.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You probably haven't gotten very far, then. Get back to us when the roof collapses on you without warning or you have to run from the helicopter.[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't played Another World? Game is a love letter.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I figured I'd drop in to say that I finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. Now I'm eagerly waiting 'til the rest of it's on sale so I can finish it. Surprisingly fun to play.[/QUOTE]

Okay sounds good. Im a pretty big fan of the show, so it should be that much better. BTW Bully def. shows age compared to what were used to now. Im trying to get over the graphics and enjoy the game for what its truly worth, but its pretty hard.

Big B-Day shoutout to my bro, Jesus.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Okay sounds good. Im a pretty big fan of the show, so it should be that much better. BTW Bully def. shows age compared to what were used to now. Im trying to get over the graphics and enjoy the game for what its truly worth, but its pretty hard.

Big B-Day shoutout to my bro, Jesus.[/QUOTE]
The game looks fine to me. It's the camera controls that spells out how old that game is.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The game looks fine to me. It's the camera controls that spells out how old that game is.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the Camera controls? I was thinking about buying Bully. If right stick isn't camera, or if it's really wonky, maybe I won't buy...

[quote name='aaronrodgers']What's wrong with the Camera controls? I was thinking about buying Bully. If right stick isn't camera, or if it's really wonky, maybe I won't buy...[/QUOTE]

camera is fine. The right stick is for camera movement. My only gripe so far is the graphics. Its a petty thing to judge a great game on that, but it is bothering me alittle bit. For 800 msp I will get my fun out of the game, plus it's Rockstar. Rockstar puts out nothing but AAA quality games.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']camera is fine. The right stick is for camera movement. My only gripe so far is the graphics. Its a petty thing to judge a great game on that, but it is bothering me alittle bit. For 800 msp I will get my fun out of the game, plus it's Rockstar. Rockstar puts out nothing but AAA quality games.[/QUOTE]

The framerate bothers me the most so far. When your in the hall near your bedroom and certain spots It runs at 60fps, when you look down the hall It's maybe 30fps. WTF? I mean, this is a PS2 game optimized for the 360 so it should run better. Also load times are nnoying.

Outside of that everything seems fine. Fun game, and for $10 I can hardly complain when used copies are running for $35. That and PS3 only got a PS2 port of the game rather then the enhanced edition for the same price, so It's all good.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']camera is fine. The right stick is for camera movement. My only gripe so far is the graphics. Its a petty thing to judge a great game on that, but it is bothering me alittle bit. For 800 msp I will get my fun out of the game, plus it's Rockstar. Rockstar puts out nothing but AAA quality games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I played this on the PS2 ages ago but couldn't remember what the camera was. Since I played it on PS2, could care less about the graphics. If anything I'll be pleasantly surprised by the jump to HD.

Will buy.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']What's wrong with the Camera controls? I was thinking about buying Bully. If right stick isn't camera, or if it's really wonky, maybe I won't buy...[/QUOTE]
Nothing's really wrong, but the camera controls are classic last-gen controls compared to how third-person games nowadays have full camera control. If you play a modern third-person game, you can see that it is independent of the character's movement so you could rotate the camera 360 degrees without any issues. That essentially lets you move the camera to change your character's direction as an alternate way of control. Last-gen camera controls don't do that at all, so if you adjust the camera while moving, the camera moves while the character continues going the way he's facing. That is awkward and noticeably outdated compared to how it works today, though it just takes time to get used to that before it's second nature again.

I dunno. I didn't find the camera problematic but that's just me. If anything it has that infamous R* feel when switching weapons and what not. Never cared much for that in Red Dead either but that game was so excellent I could forgive the few flaws it had. Bully seems the same way but this time around you just have to forgive the uglier graphics (again, a PS2 game here) that isn't as good as these HD remakes coming out (both frame rate and graphics wise).

Apparently there are glitches in this game from what I read as well, but I'm not sure how much the patch alleviated the problems. Namingly lots of freezing/lock ups on older 360 systems. But some missions would glitch out but you could still somehow get the 100% achievement.

Anyways for $10 It's a no brainer if you enjoyed any Rockstar games, especially when you consider the price for a used copy alone.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I never said it was a problem or anything like that, but that it's more of an obvious sign that it's an old game to me than the visual are.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I'm on rather late and just kind of rambling.

I Know how ALL of you have been clamoring for a 505 Games DotW, well ALL our prayers have been answered!

Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise (was Panic in Bearadise taken?) - 600 points
Backbreaker: Vengeance - 600 points
Deep Black - Ep. 1 - 400 points
Wrecked: Revenge Revisited - 600 points

As of typing, prices haven't updated.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Know how ALL of you have been clamoring for a 505 Games DotW, well ALL our prayers have been answered!

As of typing, prices haven't updated.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I dunno what to say. What a crappy studio. (To be fair, I will at least demo Backbreaker, but still, I didn't realize they made all of those).

A part of me has always been interested in playing Naughty Bear ever since I first heard the concept of the original, but by now it seems pointless to add a mediocre game series to the backlog.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, I dunno what to say. What a crappy studio. (To be fair, I will at least demo Backbreaker, but still, I didn't realize they made all of those).[/QUOTE]

They are just publisher. But yeah, these games are some of the worst on XBLA. ;)

Backbreaker: Vengeance is actually quite fun and can be challenging in parts. I bought it day one and have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

Tempted to get Naughty Bear but will likely pass.

And for people who are not on the xbox because they are with family, go to your xbox website like xbox.com/xbox.co.uk to put your game into the download queue.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Since I can't Play the Demo today...is Mini Ninjas Adventures kinect Only? Or better with kinect title? (Controller can be used? :eek:)[/QUOTE]

I believe it's Kinect only but could be wrong. What does everyone think of the game? I played the trial recently and wasn't fully won over by it. I'm torn.

I think I'll buy the Fruit Ninja DLC and play the trial for Leedmees. I passed on it before so that probably won't change.

The 505 Games sale is lame. Hopefully the Scratch & Match offers something better/new.

And I can't forget to get my free copy of TWD episode one. Yesterday I downloaded Kinect Party before I forgot about it too.

[quote name='Sath666']They are just publisher. But yeah, these games are some of the worst on XBLA. ;)[/QUOTE]

Naughty Bear is actually pretty good, and it has a huge amount of content for an XBLA game.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Hopefully the Scratch & Match offers something better/new.[/QUOTE]

'Splosion Man and Ms 'Splosion Man are both 400 MSP each.

[quote name='Bosamba']'Splosion Man and Ms 'Splosion Man are both 400 MSP each.[/QUOTE]

And there goes my hope for Mega Man games. Well, next year then, i can wait lol.

I'm not the least bit interested in those 505 games on sale this week, let's see what says Major about next week's Dotw.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I figured I'd drop in to say that I finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. Now I'm eagerly waiting 'til the rest of it's on sale so I can finish it. Surprisingly fun to play.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Episode 1 is good and it gets better as you go.

I'll probably try out the demo for Naughty Bear, but the rest of those seem awful. Was tempted in BackBreaker, but it appears to only be minigames? In that case, pass.

A possible suggestion for the already awesome OP...put in whether or not kinect games can be played with a controller for those that don't have a kinect (like tower of babel).

[quote name='irafreak']a possible suggestion for the already awesome op...put in whether or not kinect games can be played with a controller for those that don't have a kinect (like tower of babel).[/quote]
+1

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Does Mini ninjas adventure require a kinect to play?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and a very small, not-too-picky child. From what I could gather from the demo, it plays like a 3-D whack-a-mole lineup minigame where the moles can hit you back if you're too slow.

My son demo'd it last year and didn't like it at all. Not even a little. How a game fails to reach its target audience (5-year-old boys who love all things Ninja) is beyond me.

[quote name='irafreak']A possible suggestion for the already awesome OP...put in whether or not kinect games can be played with a controller for those that don't have a kinect (like tower of babel).[/QUOTE]

I believe if it says "Arcade Kinect" across the top then it is Kinect only. If it says "Arcade" then it is a controller game that may also work with kinect. I am only aware of a couple "arcade" games that support kinect...

I can't believe I finally have joined you guys and now have a backlog! Picked up several games that I would never have considered without this big sale. Between these sales and my kids giving me Forza Horizon for Christmas.. Oh and I am still playing Halo 4 with my son as well.

Picked up so far:
Bully - Never considered it before this sale and it is a great game so far.
AC Brotherhood - Loved ACII but never played any after that.
Trials Evo and DLC
Keflings DLC
Joe Danger 2
Zuma's Revenge - I may be addicted to this game, even though I suck at it...
The Walking Dead - got ep.1 and will get the rest

That may be it for me this year. I hope they don't have any huge publisher sales in Jan.

[quote name='wirechild']I believe if it says "Arcade Kinect" across the top then it is Kinect only. If it says "Arcade" then it is a controller game that may also work with kinect. I am only aware of a couple "arcade" games that support kinect...[/QUOTE]
Dragon's Lair says "Arcade Kinect" and can be played with a pad.

Picked up Rock of Ages (was slightly interested, and for 200 points, ok), and in the past few days also got Fez and Dust. Not sure whether I'll pick up episodes 2-5 of Walking Dead on Friday, or hope the retail one drops to cheap, but I'm definitely interested regardless.

Not a whole lot of points left right now, as I missed out on the black friday target deal due to working retail at the time. Seeing as I have a professional job again, I can afford to buy the points at full price, but I'm still a CAG even if I don't have to be.

[quote name='gundamb0i']What Fruit Ninja dlc has achievements?[/QUOTE]All the ones that're on sale, aside from the 8-Bit one. So Art Box, Storm Season, & Space Capsule.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Know how ALL of you have been clamoring for a 505 Games DotW, well ALL our prayers have been answered!

I expected them to put up an underwhelming DOTW, and boy howdy did they exceed expectations.

Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise Metascore: 47
Backbreaker: Vengeance Metascore: 66
Deep Black: Episode 1 Metascore: 47
Wrecked: Revenge Revisited Metascore: 57

I may demo some/all of them, but ouch.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I expected them to put up an underwhelming DOTW, and boy howdy did they exceed expectations.

Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise Metascore: 47
Backbreaker: Vengeance Metascore: 66
Deep Black: Episode 1 Metascore: 47
Wrecked: Revenge Revisited Metascore: 57

I may demo some/all of them, but ouch.[/QUOTE]

This is the gaming gods version of the naughty list and we were all on it.

Only ever-so-slightly off-topic, but since the talk of Bully's worthiness has risen dramatically here on CAG over the length of the past couple months (the Five Below thread was heating up with it back in October?), does anyone else wonder if it'll be re-released on a Rockstar compilation in the near-future?

I follow R* on Twitter and not long ago they were trying to put emphasis out there that they were STILL selling Bully merch on their warehouse site--despite the fact that they still have a full product page for the game but no longer seem to produce it.

It's made me wonder for a little while now, and then suddenly they keep pushing the GoD with sale, reduction and then sale again; it seems a little coincidental, but then again I can also be a bit of a tinfoil hat wearer from time to time. :dunce:

Deep Black is EXTREMELY underrated. The whole idea of the underwater physics is a complete game changer. It's awesome. Don't let the metacritic score keep you from trying it out.

Do we know what's for next week, or the loser deals for the sales app? Didn't see it on MN's website.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']Deep Black is EXTREMELY underrated. The whole idea of the underwater physics is a complete game changer. It's awesome. Don't let the metacritic score keep you from trying it out.[/QUOTE]

Is it multiplayer only?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Loser deals for the week are:

Spolsion Man- 400 MSP
Ms. Spolsion Man- 400 MSP

If you don't have either game, you need to buy these two ASAP!!!![/QUOTE]

it was BF 3? years ago, when splosion man was like 1xx points wasnt it? that was a good deal!

I'd pass on anything Naughty Bear in the title. I was also really curious about the first one and bought it semi-cheap. You've seen what there is to see after about an hour. And you've stopped laughing long before then. Maybe they fixed things with the sequel (!?!?!?!) but I'm not glutton for that much punishment to find out.

They may be terrible games, but at least it's almost entirely new content on sale this week. Works for me. I'd be in for a couple of them if they were 400 or less but 600 is a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back