XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lml417']same thing with me. I downloaded episode 2 and 5 but not 3 and 4...[/QUOTE]

I solved the problem by going to the game itself and dl it from there. I just had to confirm the download.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Really? That's weird, I bought it a while ago (before this sale) but never downloaded it. Maybe I should try to download it and see what happens.

EDIT: I was able to get Bully to start downloading through my purchase history on xbox.com. However, when I went to the actual game page on my Xbox and Xbox.com, it would not let me just download it from there, it wanted me to re-buy it for $9.99. I guess that means that whatever "Bully" file I bought in September is not the same one that is currently on the Xbox marketplace.

Weird. Anyway, if I get it to install all the way, I'll be leaving it on my hard drive just in case.[/QUOTE]

Noticed this as well with my copy, and the only explanation I can think of is that Xbox Marketing messed up (reset) the region code of the current "Bully" GoD by writing a new file, rather than changing the original file's price. It'll probably resolve once the game goes back to $14.99, but all in all, I think I'm so far scoring about 3 out of the 5 mistakes I predicted for this sale. :)

Nice, in for the 4 Walking Dead Eps at 200 points a pop.

Shame I'd already bought Ep1 and now it's free but I'm kind of glad to have supported them.

Giving the Arcade 1st Esp as free is god damn better than price it as 200msp. I'll tell you why:

The 1st does not show up in your billing history, so if you happen to delete the 1st esp you might need to purchase it at 400msp in the future in order to play the 4 other eps which are add-ons.

So, watch out not to delete the Arcare 1st eps TWD game.

For those who could not get the TWD deals this is not a problem.

[quote name='sram']Giving the Arcade 1st Esp as free is god damn better than price it as 200msp. I'll tell you why:

The 1st does not show up in your billing history, so if you happen to delete the 1st esp you might need to purchase it at 400msp in the future in order to play the 4 other eps which are add-ons.

So, watch out not to delete the Arcare 1st eps TWD game.

For those who could not get the TWD deals this is not a problem.[/QUOTE]
What?

It doesn't show up in Billing History because you paid nothing for it. Though it shows up in Download History if you do delete it so you still don't have to pay anything if you do delete and have to redownload it.

An interesting thought - anyone else think that Episodes 3 and 4 don't queue properly from Xbox Marketplace website, because they have that huge ESRB disclaimer in the title, while 1,2, and 5 don't? It creates a ridiculously large title that is probably having issues or not matched properly to the actual game.

Anyone know of/want to recommend a place to get inexpensive, larger size USB flash drives? (maybe 32GB or more)

I've had a full 60GB HDD for like a year or 2 now, switching games off and on, depending on file sizes and backlog and stuff lol, and it's getting ridiculous.

Wow, a great deal indeed, and now I'll maybe have enough points to buy the GoD version of Skyrim if they discount it decently! :applause:

[quote name='bardockkun']What?

It doesn't show up in Billing History because you paid nothing for it. Though it shows up in Download History if you do delete it so you still don't have to pay anything if you do delete and have to redownload it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
I misunderstood the whole point of redownloading xbox content. Thanks for heading up.

[quote name='sicsonic']Anyone know of/want to recommend a place to get inexpensive, larger size USB flash drives? (maybe 32GB or more)

I've had a full 60GB HDD for like a year or 2 now, switching games off and on, depending on file sizes and backlog and stuff lol, and it's getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

16gb is the max xbox allows per drive, and you can have 2 plugged in at a time. best buy has 16gb flashdrives cheap often. might also check out office depot. be warned, though: you can sometimes find deals on xbox HDD that offer better per gig prices, and obviously 250gb HDD is way better than 32gb...though i guess you could buy multiple 16gb flash drives and keep swapping them.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']16gb is the max xbox allows per drive, and you can have 2 plugged in at a time. best buy has 16gb flashdrives cheap often. might also check out office depot. be warned, though: you can sometimes find deals on xbox HDD that offer better per gig prices, and obviously 250gb HDD is way better than 32gb...though i guess you could buy multiple 16gb flash drives and keep swapping them.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/xbox-360-usb-data-storage-limit-doubled-to-32gb/

If you live in Australia you will find the sale for today is nothing. We cant get Walking Dead and they did not give a replacement deal they just cut the day out of the countdown.
Dont know why they could not have replaced it here with something else.

[quote name='mcdaking84']For anyone thinking of buying Bully don't. Bought it and said could not download. MS had no idea what to do and just refunded me[/QUOTE]

I'd been debating getting this game all week and was about to download it today lol...Signed in went 3 pages back for my reading pleasure and saw this. Thanks for the heads up.

Now to download TWD and play immediately...The free Ep1 got me hooked so it jumps my backlog. Hoping the issues are fixed by now and they all download fine for 200MSP each.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I'd been debating getting this game all week and was about to download it today lol...Signed in went 3 pages back for my reading pleasure and saw this. Thanks for the heads up.

Now to download TWD and play immediately...The free Ep1 got me hooked so it jumps my backlog. Hoping the issues are fixed by now and they all download fine for 200MSP each.[/QUOTE]

While there may be a problem in downloading it as you saw from another poster, you should definitely try to find a way to play Bully. It's a fun and entertaining game.

Just want to say something about Bully, not all people have had problems with it. I managed to download it first go when it went on sale, and others that have had problems i have heard getting refunds.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']While there may be a problem in downloading it as you saw from another poster, you should definitely try to find a way to play Bully. It's a fun and entertaining game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xbox_man']Just want to say something about Bully, not all people have had problems with it. I managed to download it first go when it went on sale, and others that have had problems i have heard getting refunds.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, appreciate both of y'alls feedback. I'll definitely grab it at this price cuz the discs seem to be going for alot everywhere I looked...

I had trouble downloading Bully but I did what someone said and I started the download on my Xbox and then immediately turned the system off and it downloaded while it was off and now works fine.

Thanks for the replies on the flash drives.

Yeah for me to get Bully to download I just kept trying over and over, worked and starting downloading about the 4th or 5th try or so.

Sucks cause I'm hearing these refunds and I was just about to complain to Microsoft before I got it to d/l correctly. Oh well, I'm just an honest CAG i guess, I didn't go for the Minecraft/HD co-op refund either. :p

Can someone point me to the link where we can search all past sales?

I'm curious if Civilization Revolution GoD has ever seen a sale. Just started playing Xcom and am really enjoying it, so was curious to try another consol-ized strategy game.

[quote name='mpaullin']Can someone point me to the link where we can search all past sales?

I'm curious if Civilization Revolution GoD has ever seen a sale. Just started playing Xcom and am really enjoying it, so was curious to try another consol-ized strategy game.[/QUOTE]

Its never been on sale. Really fun game even if it feels very light compared to it's PC counterpart.

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon has the 32gb lexar on sale today for $16.[/QUOTE]

I might have to bite on this. Moving my Games On Demand would free up at least 20 GB for me if not more. I remember reading somewhere a list of USB flash drives that were either recommended or not recommended for use with the 360. Anybody know if the Lexar works well with the 360?

Also, when browsing Amazon, I managed to find this 32 GB for $20 if people prefer the PNY brand.

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Attache-F...ie=UTF8&qid=1356711758&sr=1-1&keywords=32+pny

Last edited by a moderator:
This is semi-off-topic, but is there any way to purchase the 2006 release of Need for Speed: Most Wanted through Games on Demand? XBLDB says it's not delisted, and it still has a link, but I get an error when I try to access it, and the Marketplace search only returns the new Most Wanted.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']This is semi-off-topic, but is there any way to purchase the 2006 release of Need for Speed: Most Wanted through Games on Demand? XBLDB says it's not delisted, and it still has a link, but I get an error when I try to access it, and the Marketplace search only returns the new Most Wanted.[/QUOTE]

Probably because the Need for Speed released in 2006 was called Need for Speed: Carbon not Most Wanted. Here's a link to it on Games on Demand for you: Xbox.com

[quote name='JStryke']Just noticed this. Is xbox.com giving anybody else issues right now? Keep getting runtime errors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, can't connect to Live or the website at the moment.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Probably because the Need for Speed released in 2006 was called Need for Speed: Carbon not Most Wanted. Here's a link to it on Games on Demand for you: Xbox.com[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted_(2005_video_game)

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Mo...44&sr=1-3&keywords=need+for+speed+most+wanted

I had totally forgot that there was an earlier NFS: MW. Since none of the links worked for it on xbldb it probably was delisted and xbldb just hasn't been updated. Did you try accessing it from your Xbox?

[quote name='JStryke']Just noticed this. Is xbox.com giving anybody else issues right now? Keep getting runtime errors.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting them too. Xbox.com not working on my phone but is on my PC. Annoying but I'm sure it'll be corrected soon.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Neat. Hopefully 32gb flash drives went down in price too[/QUOTE]

Yep, picked up a 3 pack of 32gb Sandisk's for $23.xx on RadioShack.com on Black Friday. The 32gb sticks work like a charm to go along with the Skylanders 360 4gb slim version from Walmart for $150.

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon has the 32gb lexar on sale today for $16.[/QUOTE]

About these flash drives, once I format them to the 360, can I ever "unformat" them and use them as a regular flash drive again?

[quote name='mpaullin']Can someone point me to the link where we can search all past sales?

I'm curious if Civilization Revolution GoD has ever seen a sale. Just started playing Xcom and am really enjoying it, so was curious to try another consol-ized strategy game.[/QUOTE]

xbldb.com

Great...Xbox.com is down and I am away from my Xbox all day. Hopefully this gets resolved so I can actually get in on this deal.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']...fuck. I just tried to load my save for Episode 3 of The Walking Dead and it sent me back to Episode 1. What the hell.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm worried about. That save bug still around for the game? :(

[quote name='Deserter Goose']...fuck. I just tried to load my save for Episode 3 of The Walking Dead and it sent me back to Episode 1. What the hell.[/QUOTE]

did the same for me when i played it months ago

i highly recommend playing each episode in one sitting, episode 3-5 sent me back to episode 1 when i tried to load the save, which erased my progress for that epidsode

set aside 2 - 3 hours before you play episode 3 - 5

[quote name='Barry Burton']did the same for me when i played it months ago

i highly recommend playing each episode in one sitting, episode 3-5 sent me back to episode 1 when i tried to load the save, which erased my progress for that epidsode

set aside 2 - 3 hours before you play episode 3 - 5[/QUOTE]

Hmm. This I can do then, too. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Barry Burton']did the same for me when i played it months ago

set aside 2 - 3 hours before you play episode 3 - 5[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to try leaving my 360 on and powering through the rest of it tonight. I was hoping to finish up 3 before I went to work in an hour but I'm still trying to play back to where I was before this happened. Grr.

I love the game itself, sure, and I don't mind playing through it again, but this is just silly. Plus, I'm old now, and I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to. Stupid adulthood and its responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back