XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RollingSkull']That's a tough pill to swallow though just because AW was such quality and in all the polish ways, AWAN is such a step down from AW. It's fun but it's like some kid got in Remedy's paint box and just doodled at it for a while. All the good stuff is there though but... just less of it. Less of the quality direction and pacing of AW too. I love it a lot but it's a tough sort of love.

Plus who on earth directed that scientist voice actress? Does he even know what English is? Did the writers even TALK to him? She delivered EVERY line with the wrong inflection.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it overall, but it was too repetitive and the dialogue in general was meandering and pointless. I didn't like how they were going for a humorous angle with parts of the story. Just makes me appreciate the original game even more.

[quote name='Cornelius']Jumping into the OP to make some quick edits, so that Batman & THQ are no longer confusing folks. I'll update this post when done.[/QUOTE]
DONE! Fairly simple to differentiate the sale vs. non-sale items (thanks as always to Spylon's excellent work!), so that should help.

[quote name='cancerman1120'][quote name='Cornelius']I can confirm this info is in the OP ... only via the S&S+ will you access the "special/hacked/kludge" region where the price has been knocked down. If you view the Marketplace using your home region (whether USA, Canada, UK, or whatever), you'll see the regular price. Then after a few days (or more?) after the sale is done, they'll do a 1-time batch run to mark the item as "bought" on your account for your home region to reflect the item is "already purchased".[/QUOTE]
I am not sure I know what this means?[/QUOTE]
Long story short ... you'll never see the S&S+ prices (for Scratch & Win or Chain Reaction or Mystery Wheel) in the Xbox.com or 360's own Marketplace ... you must use the crappy app.

[quote name='Cornelius']Long story short ... you'll never see the S&S+ prices (for Scratch & Win or Chain Reaction or Mystery Wheel) in the Xbox.com or 360's own Marketplace ... you must use the crappy app.[/QUOTE]

Which totally sucks for me.

-----------------

Can anyone explain to me what Microsoft thinks a "deal" is?

Bing's (Microsoft) definition of Deal is:

1. business transaction: an agreement, arrangement, or transaction, usually one that benefits all the parties involved

2. bargain: something offered for sale on favorable terms

Listing a title like RE4 down to 800msp is a deal.

Listing a title like I Am Alive for full price...isn't a deal.

[quote name='killer9']Is Re4 anything like the old resident evil games? Last one i played was resident evil 2.[/QUOTE]
You've got alot of catching up to do in the world of gaming then...

[quote name='bardockkun']You've got alot of catching up to do in the world of gaming then...[/QUOTE]

:lol:. No but really you havent played a RE game since #2. If I may ask, what the fuck is wrong with you? As for as a reply, the gameplay is different. Go watch reviews or read the last 3 pages of this thread.

[quote name='killer9']Is Re4 anything like the old resident evil games? Last one i played was resident evil 2.[/QUOTE]

Not really. It's over the shoulder third person a la Gears. More action than survival horror. Quick-time events. The one thing that stayed the same is you can't move while shooting. Look up some reviews.

[quote name='Dthib87']When that box comes up afteryou click purchase on xbox.com click buy with microsoft points. If you're on xbox console press X.

0.jpg

Look at the bottom where it says press X[/QUOTE]

I neva eva knew that. OMG thank you so much for clearing this up. :::::::::::::)))))))))))))

No. It's much better.

Best in the series in my opinion.

Updated the OP. Reinstated GH/DJ/RB sale info that is still valid, and did a partial update on the S&S+ section specifically to help keep track of loser deals. It's only a partial update because I currently lack the patience for all the cross-referencing and copypasta necessary to fully flesh it out. That and I don't give a damn about anything but the loser deals.

Also: Though neither one is what I'd consider an OMG-must-have game, this is apparently the first time Geon and GripShift have been discounted - and they've been available for roughly 5 years. Food for thought.

Hey Cornelius, answer my email already!

[quote name='Cleaner7']What are people's thoughts on Leedmees? It looked kind of fun and I'm always looking for games to play with my nephew.[/QUOTE]

Leedmees was one of my first reviews too. Here is said review. Personally, I found the game frustratingly difficult due to the highly unresponsive and flat-out buggy controls. Some people don't seem to mind this (miraculously, to me), but it ruined the game for me.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How does Resident Evil 4 HD run on the 360? I had heard that the 360 version is the weakest of the ports. Is this true? Anyone who has it, is it fine getting it on 360 or worth waiting for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Said this a few pages back...

RE4's graphics on Xbox 360 and PS3 are just upscaled and don't show any obvious improvements. It does contain the PS2 version's bonus content and it's still a fantastic game, but a lot more could've been done to improve the port (such as improving the antiquated controls).

Here's my RE4 HD review.

I wouldn't call it the weakest port (from a technical standpoint it's only below the PC version), but the Wii version did at least enhance the controls, unlike the 360/PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, this likely isn't the best forum to ask this but I've noticed a few people in the past mention VPN. I moved from Canada to Australia last year, brought my xbox, don't want to migrate at the moment as I'm not sure if I'm staying here more than a few months right now. Anyways I bought RE4 the other day but every time I try to download it it's corrupt. Can anyone recommend a free way of setting up a VPN so that I can download it? Any VPN sites that people can recommend that I should look at? Feel free to send me a private message if you like so that this forum doesn't get too bogged down in things that don't quite matter to more than 1 or 2 people.

Thanks

man, you should just not give ms point values to games ondemand since you cant even uses ms points for them.

-ediit-

im dumb. scroll on by.

[quote name='SleepyHeat']man, you should just not give ms point values to games ondemand since you cant even uses ms points for them.[/QUOTE]
?

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Did anyone notice that BioShock 2 jumped back up to $19.99?[/QUOTE]

That's kinda crappy lol I was JUST about to pick it up

If Bioshock 2 goes back to 9.99 I'll most likely pick it up along with the first one. Both for $20 would make for some good Halloween gaming.

[quote name='DeLane79']On the Mystery Spin thing, I clicked on it for curiousity's sake and it seems each spin costs 40 msp, not 80?[/QUOTE]
But the true question is how much would YOU pay for your avatar to stand next to a "vine wall". For most people, it's probably far less than 50-cents.

[quote name='Cornelius']But the true question is how much would YOU pay for your avatar to stand next to a "vine wall". For most people, it's probably far less than 50-cents.[/QUOTE]

They changed the items. The limited edition vine wall is gone...

Now you can get a zombie penguin, some robot, a 50's car, a grand piano, tennis racket, bongo drums...I'm going my memory, i might have missed one or two items.

[quote name='eastx']Said this a few pages back...

RE4's graphics on Xbox 360 and PS3 are just upscaled and don't show any obvious improvements. It does contain the PS2 version's bonus content and it's still a fantastic game, but a lot more could've been done to improve the port (such as improving the antiquated controls).

Here's my RE4 HD review.

I wouldn't call it the weakest port (from a technical standpoint it's only below the PC version), but the Wii version did at least enhance the controls, unlike the 360/PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I disagree entirely. Maybe it's not "True HD," maybe more could have been done with it, but it looks amazing compared to the SD versions.

rj2kop.jpg

svgdvk.jpg

It looks way better than the PS2 version and for $10 is a no-brainer.

[quote name='Trakan']I disagree entirely. Maybe it's not "True HD," maybe more could have been done with it, but it looks amazing compared to the SD versions.
It looks way better than the PS2 version and for $10 is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

It looks better than previous versions because it's been upscaled to a higher resolution. That makes anything look better; even DVDs. The actual textures, models, etc. in RE4 have not been improved. Graphically, it's based on the GameCube/Wii versions (which did indeed have superior graphics compared to the PS2 game) with the extras of the PS2 version.

Thinking of picking up RE4 and Alan Wake AN. I have a bunch of stuff to play already, but I've wanted to check out RE4 HD for a bit now as I honestly cant recall much of that game other than the first hour or so because I probably have started playing it a half dozen times over the years since finishing that first time on PS2.

[quote name='eastx']It looks better than previous versions because it's been upscaled to a higher resolution. That makes anything look better; even DVDs. The actual textures, models, etc. in RE4 have not been improved. Graphically, it's based on the GameCube/Wii versions (which did indeed have superior graphics compared to the PS2 game) with the extras of the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it. It's not a reason the game should be reviewed any worse and shouldn't prevent anyone from wanting to pick up the game. Especially for $10.

It should be noted that you have to download a registration gamer pic to qualify for the 300 msp shocktober reward. If you bought before downloading it......who knows what will happen.

[quote name='Trakan']Oh, I get it. It's not a reason the game should be reviewed any worse and shouldn't prevent anyone from wanting to pick up the game. Especially for $10.[/QUOTE]

Now we're in agreement. At $10, it's definitely a must-buy for anyone who has never played the game or would like to play it again on a modern system.

Gotta be joking... Just bought RE4HD two weeks ago for $20. Shame on me I guess. I don't suppose MS considers difference refunds? Long shot.

[quote name='keyweez360']I don't suppose MS considers difference refunds? Long shot.[/QUOTE]

It does not, I wouldn't even call it a long shot, it just isn't a shot.

[quote name='Blaster man']It should be noted that you have to download a registration gamer pic to qualify for the 300 msp shocktober reward. If you bought before downloading it......who knows what will happen.[/QUOTE]

Is there a separate one from the Xbox Rewards one? Because for the Xbox Rewards 300 points you do not.

[quote name='PhQTwo']Is there a separate one from the Xbox Rewards one? Because for the Xbox Rewards 300 points you do not.[/QUOTE]

I think it's for Xbox rewards. It's on the dashboard. Why don't you believe me?

[quote name='GUNNM']Calm down needy he's just asking.[/QUOTE]

Gee it looks like he's telling me in wrong. Feel free to go to the dashboard and look for yourself.

[quote name='Trakan']I disagree entirely. Maybe it's not "True HD," maybe more could have been done with it, but it looks amazing compared to the SD versions.

rj2kop.jpg

svgdvk.jpg

It looks way better than the PS2 version and for $10 is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]
I am with you 100% on this one. The problems with last gen systems was they weren't able to properly handle the beauty that was RE4, RE4HD takes it to another level , now the games incredible textures can be seen instead of looking blurry because of 480 limitations. The games art style is amazing and their is great attention to detail with everything in the world. I have already played this on GC and Wii, and now on 360. It is an incredible game and is a great single player experience , that said for $10 as Kevin from the Office says everytime after biting into a candy bar " ohhhh Yeahhhhh!":drool:

Weird Bioshock 2 is still listed as $19.99 but when you click on it the price shows as $9.99.

[quote name='PhQTwo']Is there a separate one from the Xbox Rewards one? Because for the Xbox Rewards 300 points you do not.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to download anything. The download on the dashboard is only to sign up for Xbox Rewards. If you were already a member then your were notified earlier in the month of this promotion before it was added to the dashboard and your purchases were counted.

Damit. I guess I will pick up RE4 after all. This will make the 3rd copy I buy. I have yet to play either my GameCube or Wii copies. This probably won't get played for a few years either. :(

[quote name='Blaster man']It should be noted that you have to download a registration gamer pic to qualify for the 300 msp shocktober reward. If you bought before downloading it......who knows what will happen.[/QUOTE]

Well that's damn sneaky, where is it at because I can't find it.

[quote name='ooga']Damit. I guess I will pick up RE4 after all. This will make the 3rd copy I buy. I have yet to play either my GameCube or Wii copies. This probably won't get played for a few years either. :([/QUOTE]
I'm rebuying RE4 as well but if you haven't played it on Wii yet you definitely should. One of the few games that I've actually enjoyed with the Wii controls.

[quote name='ooga']Damit. I guess I will pick up RE4 after all. This will make the 3rd copy I buy. I have yet to play either my GameCube or Wii.([/QUOTE]

Same here. Just played it last night and I despise the aiming system. Couldn't even get past the damn village.

Ok I just found the registration I think he is correct. It's really sneaky to do that. For me it was under games ->shocktober section -> from here look for the pumpking with the msp symbol that says spooky rewards ( it moves around ) I already bought my stuff so it better count.

[quote name='jazzman']Same here. Just played it last night and I despise the aiming system. Couldn't even get past the damn village.[/QUOTE]

Shoot em in the leg then knife them in the face a few times.

[quote name='ooga']Damit. I guess I will pick up RE4 after all. This will make the 3rd copy I buy. I have yet to play either my GameCube or Wii copies. This probably won't get played for a few years either. :([/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna buy it again for the same reason lol

For me, this is the 5th copy.

Already played it on the Wii, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and now the XBox 360 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back