XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']Also, the best way to post videos here is with the Youtube tag. [ youtube] video code [ / youtube] without the spaces.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware such a thing existed. "Did you know that? Now you know!"

Now I'm just hungry, (and laughing). I'm glad we can all be friends again.:grouphug:

I'm not coming down on either side of this really and I certainly agree that it would be wise for Microsoft to run the sales all day. I was just pointing out that some people might have legit reasons for not purchasing earlier, whatever they may be and that I can relate to budgeting around 12 paychecks per year.

Speaking of paychecks, think Andy Milonakis and Snoop scored the same paycheck for that ad?

[quote name='chuckie88']Speaking of paychecks, think Andy Milonakis and Snoop scored the same paycheck for that ad?[/QUOTE]

Hell no, I forgot Andy even existed...

[quote name='hellhunde']Nooooo! My points expire at the end of the year and I can't live with myself if I don't own all of the tables. Except Rocky and Bullwinkle, because that table is terrible.[/QUOTE]

that's a pinball fx table

we're talking about pinball arcade tables

[quote name='dark_inchworm']

I guess you could argue against me spending any of my money on games, but hey, you've already been enough of a rude dude. Sorry that I skim over your mostly uninformative posts and didn't catch your all-knowing prediction. I'll be sure to pay you every bit of attention I can, oh wise and privileged one.[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't say you shouldn't be spending your money on games, cuz it's your money and none of my business. But I guess thank you for putting those words into my mouth and then sarcastically insulting me a couple times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's why I didn't say you shouldn't be spending your money on games, cuz it's your money and none of my business. But I guess thank you for putting those words into my mouth and then sarcastically insulting me a couple times.[/QUOTE]

OK, so I didn't agree with your approach to the conversation, and I let the snark out. I'm sorry to bother you. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say let's STFU and play games.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']OK, so I didn't agree with your approach to the conversation, and I let the snark out. I'm sorry to bother you. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say let's STFU and play games.[/QUOTE]

Word.

son of a *****!

I was gonna do the whole "wait for next weeks deals before pulling the trigger on bioshock 2 and minerva's den" well FRANKENSTORM decided to make me pay for being overly cautious. I dont need/want anything on sale this weeks and i didnt have power (or even a 3G signal -_-) yesterday when everything switched over.

I do have a new halo 4 suit, and my 300 pts are waiting on me... how good is VS? Do I need to play the first one to get into the second one or is there virtually no story to care about?

It looks like ill be finishing up Bioshock this week, starting Dead Rising 1 and I hope I can sell my New Vegas Collector's Edition and copy of Skyrim so i can pay for Halo 4. I already had a friend insist on giving me 25 for Sonic's UGC and ODST together. Gotta love college friends that live cross country and miss the hell out of you lol.

Anyone know if there is a way to get MS to credit you if you just bought the dlc that is on sale now? I bought both Skyrim DLC less than a week ago. I think like Thursday and Friday.

[quote name='stuntman21']Anyone know if there is a way to get MS to credit you if you just bought the dlc that is on sale now? I bought both Skyrim DLC less than a week ago. I think like Thursday and Friday.[/QUOTE]

There's no price guarantee of any sort.

OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO GO BACK TO REDDIT LOL YOUR VIDEOS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD LOL I AM COOL AND PRO

Sorry, had to let my tylerh1701 out.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']OK, so I didn't agree with your approach to the conversation, and I let the snark out. I'm sorry to bother you. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say let's STFU and play games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade']OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO GO BACK TO REDDIT LOL YOUR VIDEOS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD LOL I AM COOL AND PRO

Sorry, had to let my tylerh1701 out.[/QUOTE]

You two are sooo fucking tiresome

Any thoughts on dishwasher samurai vampire smile? Never played it yet going to try demo later. What do you guys think of it?

Babel rising recently got a kinet any thoughts about that title?

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Any thoughts on dishwasher samurai vampire smile? Never played it yet going to try demo later. What do you guys think of it?

Babel rising recently got a kinet any thoughts about that title?[/QUOTE]

Really enjoyed Vampire Smile, achievements are kind of rough. But it's a good brawler with a nice art style, and enough variety and upgrades to keep you entertained.

I only demo'd Babel Rising and I thought it was super lame with a controller. I don't think the Kinect works very well with it at all.

[quote name='Sanges99']You mean, just like it says in the OP... where I wrote how to purchase using points, and that it's on the final confirmation screen--now with a screencap of what it looks like, yah?

[/QUOTE]

Obviously I did not notice that. I also stand by my opinion that the option to switch to MS Points should be available in the initial overview before purchase.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']So it does tell you that you can press X to use points before you buy it. Like I said. Should they wait that one extra screen? It would be nice if the didn't, but they do. Since you buy stuff with points all the time, you know that there's a confirmation screen. You could look there, or try the OP. People get so lazy and don't bother looking for answers before asking. Instead of getting all butt-hurt because you can't be bothered to look for an answer, just learn from the experience. Have a nice day. :D

Edit: I'm glad Guardian Heroes is going on sale next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your exceptional Xbox Live navigational skills get you plenty of sex, I salute you, but it would be better by design if the buyer didn't have to wait one extra screen to avoid any confusion. I'm not in the habit of hitting "purchase" when I'm not clear on the payment method.

Last edited by a moderator:
any idea on what the November rewards promo will be? Hoping its another "spend X amount get Y back" as I plan to snag Dawnguard and maybe Guardian Heroes.

[quote name='GamerDude316']any idea on what the November rewards promo will be? Hoping its another "spend X amount get Y back" as I plan to snag Dawnguard and maybe Guardian Heroes.[/QUOTE]

wrong topic, and a day early mate

[quote name='stuntman21']Anyone know if there is a way to get MS to credit you if you just bought the dlc that is on sale now? I bought both Skyrim DLC less than a week ago. I think like Thursday and Friday.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there's legal print during every purchase that clearly states that sales are final and that you cannot be refunded.

I really like The Dishwasher Vampire Smile. Bought and played through it without playing Dead Samurai. If you like side scrolling brawler games like Shank, there's a good chance you'll like the Dishwasher. I've also really enjoyed my time with Shoot Many Robots. Lots of shootin' and lots of 'splody robots. Best enjoyed in tandem though. If I remember the demos correctly, they were a pretty good representation of the full games.

I'm definitely in for Joy Ride Turbo next week. Good fun with my kids. I'm less enthralled with All Zombies Must Die than I once was, but I still may lock it in to have on hand for when friends come over. I'm tempted by Babel Rising, but I think I'll pass (again). It's ok with the controller, but I wish the Kinect controls were better. I also have the free Android version on my phone.

[quote name='angelfly']From the hints they've been dropping it has something to do with Halo 4 and a million ms points.[/QUOTE]

It was bothering me that I recognized your avatar but couldn't place it until just now. =P

[quote name='GamerDude316']any idea on what the November rewards promo will be? Hoping its another "spend X amount get Y back" as I plan to snag Dawnguard and maybe Guardian Heroes.[/QUOTE]

If I had to take a guess, considering that they're now doing a small rebate all the time if your gamerscore is high enough (although granted the highest limit isn't very high), I wouldn't be surprised to see them stop doing the "spend x amount get y back". At least in a general sense. Or at the very least, them doing it a lot less than they used too.

[quote name='Bloomy']That's a trade off I think I can live with.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I can reply kindly referring to the OP and repeating that one just needs to press "X" on the confirmation screen to switch payment method to Microsoft Points, if that means we get more of the wonderful Games on Demand titles at 800MSP or less as we have been getting. I've placed into my backlog Crysis, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Metro 2033, and Resident Evil 4 since the 800MSP price was ripe for the pickin's. Some people just lose their $#|+ when they see a repeated question which is answered in the OP, but I just let those posts slide since I think they tend to be well mannered ^^.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I'm sure your exceptional Xbox Live navigational skills get you plenty of sex, I salute you, but it would be better by design if the buyer didn't have to wait one extra screen to avoid any confusion. I'm not in the habit of hitting "purchase" when I'm not clear on the payment method.[/QUOTE]

As in making the dashboard logical, easy to navigate, and simple to execute what you had in mind?! That's crazy talk! Yep, I finally got the most recent dashboard, and it is a bit more inconvenient for me to navigate by the controllers I own. I'll link this image again since it is how I'd prefer things (bottom half). Also, for those a pretty ladies out there with exceptional Xbox Live navigational skills, I will sex you up, but otherwise I may repost that pro-wrestling video from LordVila a few posts ago.

[quote name='intoxicated662']For anyone who was interested in the Resident Evil 6 pre-order bonuses, good news. Each of the 3 'exclusive' pre-order bonuses are now available for purchase for 80 MSP ($1) each now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=resident%20evil%206

The Catacombs (Gamestop)
High Seas Fortress (Amazon)
Rail Yard (Best Buy)

http://survivalhorroronline.com/201...-6-pre-order-bonuses-and-collectors-editions/[/QUOTE]

Woot! I hope other games also releases their store exclusive DLC to the marketplace as well. I tend to miss out because I wait to purchase games for later, but it would be nice to know that I don't have to miss out on content just because I chose not to preorder from every store at an initial price offering. For games like Blur which had a a couple cars and modes as preorder DLC (Dodge Viper for Best Buy, Ford Bronco + game mode for a Gamestop preorder), they will be lost for good since the developers are gone. Only recently did I get a cheap price matching for Lollipop Chainsaw on amazon.com, but I know that game too had store specific preorder DLC, and I'd throw a small bit of Microsoft Points to get them all. The same applies to Dead or Alive 5 if I were to find it for cheap one day. I understand collector's editions deserve something special for those willing to pay extra, but I have this feeling of "cheated out of content" on regular editions because I tend to buy at a later date. Maybe first purchasers of regular editions should get early access to the content, but I am willing to throw a small bit of money at the devs if I could get the content as well. I hope others do follow suit like how Resident Evil 6 did it.

[quote name='Sath666']Sorry for the off-topic, but looks like SEGA Rally Online Arcade has been delisted. At least can't find it on GB and US pages - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...e-Arcade/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410ac2[/QUOTE]

Got that and Outrun Online Arcade both at 400MSP when they were on sale. I know they did give us warning that Outrun Online Arcade had a high probability of being delisted, I am not sure the same was done for Sega Rally Online Arcade. Almost always a shame when delistings happen =(. Any known potential delistings due in the coming future?

Just a few more hours and maybe I will know. Making my awful pessimist predictions, I'd guess it'd be something like "watch 20 hours of Mazda ads in the month of November and get 20MSP!" I am also awaiting my 2% returns based on my gamerscore along with my last-minute purchases for the Shocktober offer yesterday. I'd definitely would really prefer the "spend X, get Y back" type of offer for November, given how I expect some sweet Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers.

[quote name='KanYozakura']7 years after launch AND WE'RE STILL GETTING fuckING OBLIVION SALES.

At least Guardian Heroes is on sale next week...too bad I got it at full price last year. Amazing game, still have my SS Memory Cart with a 100% file on it.[/QUOTE]

Yet they don't put the 7-year old game content I still have some desire for, like say the Ridge Racer 6 DLC on sale T_T. I am also one of the persons who have no regret purchasing Guardian Heroes at full price on XBLA release because I too loved the game so much on the Sega Saturn (still have my JP edition); so for those thinking of it at 400MSP next week, I'd recommend it easy at that price.

Also, I will repeat my enjoyment I had for The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. Linking my favorite track from the game again. Its achievements aren't too dificult. The combat feels nice to me. I actually enjoy the visuals and sounds. At 400MSP, it's another that I can easily recommend (even with my odd taste in games).

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I'm sure your exceptional Xbox Live navigational skills get you plenty of sex, I salute you, but it would be better by design if the buyer didn't have to wait one extra screen to avoid any confusion. I'm not in the habit of hitting "purchase" when I'm not clear on the payment method.[/QUOTE]

This feature is intended for the sole reason of avoiding any confusion. The more screens you have to go through, the more accurate your understand of the transaction is; that's why the Terms of Use is still displayed on every purchase. And in comparison to checking your e-mail for account verification every time you want to purchase a Games on Demand game, simply pressing X is no big deal. This feature is already as easy as it will ever be to use, considering the preventative measures taking place to prevent people from using your account to buy things. A is select, B is back, Y is search, and X serves other functions depending on where you are. All you have to do is press X, so I don't think it's worth the hassle of reprogramming everything.

But hey, if you want to feel that way, go ahead.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']did they ever add twin sticks to shoot many robots?[/QUOTE]

It always had twin sticks, so I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

[quote name='ooga']It always had twin sticks, so I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the way the game plays is that the left stick MOVES your character and also AIMS.

[quote name='destro4eva']Played the waiting game on Guardian Heroes, that beeyotch is mine.[/QUOTE]
little PSA incase there are any 2D fighter fans who look past GH because they don't like beatemups; guardian heroes has a pretty absurd online smashbrothers meets streetfighter type battle royale mode; you can have i forget the exact number, but it's up to like 10 people fighting in one match over live. would love to see that mode get some more people on the online servers, it's hectic as all hell

[quote name='Crono-00']For games like Blur which had a a couple cars and modes as preorder DLC (Dodge Viper for Best Buy, Ford Bronco + game mode for a Gamestop preorder), they will be lost for good since the developers are gone.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Dodge Viper ACR (from Best Buy) and Ford Bronco (from GameStop) can both be unlocked by simply playing the game. The preorder bonus codes just instantly unlocked those vehicles. So no real loss there.

As for the Chrome BMW that was a preorder bonus from Kmart, that can also be easily unlocked by pressing a few controller buttons.

1. Select Multiplayer mode from the game menu
2. Select PlayStation®Network / Xbox Live and connect to Blur
3. Enter the showroom
4. Select the BMW Concept 1 Tii (Class B)
5. Press L2, R2, L2, R2 (PS3) or Press LT, RT, LT, RT (Xbox 360).
6. Exit showroom
7. Re-enter showroom
8. View Class B and your new vehicle should be there.

Blur is a great game! :)

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Actually, the way the game plays is that the left stick MOVES your character and also AIMS.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I finished the game several months ago. For some reason I remember it being twin sticks. I must be losing my mind or maybe l'm just old and senile.

[quote name='Blade']This feature is intended for the sole reason of avoiding any confusion. The more screens you have to go through, the more accurate your understand of the transaction is; that's why the Terms of Use is still displayed on every purchase. And in comparison to checking your e-mail for account verification every time you want to purchase a Games on Demand game, simply pressing X is no big deal. This feature is already as easy as it will ever be to use, considering the preventative measures taking place to prevent people from using your account to buy things. A is select, B is back, Y is search, and X serves other functions depending on where you are. All you have to do is press X, so I don't think it's worth the hassle of reprogramming everything.

But hey, if you want to feel that way, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that at the overview screen they could inform the prospective buyer that MS Points can in fact be used. I am very paranoid about attaching my credit card information to Live because of a terrible experience I had with a hacker, so when I looked at the sale and saw that it was in dollars, I came to these forums instead of clicking "purchase". Judging by the complaining from people who are sick of this issue being brought up, I'm clearly not the only one who would have liked an earlier heads up on payment methods (and yes, I should have read the OP more closely, but I didn't think I was going to offend anyone by posting about it).

If you disagree, that's fine, but I don't think it would be much of a hassle considering MS is constantly updating, tweaking, and redesigning the Live interface. I personally think that MS wants to nudge people into attaching their credit card info or Paypal account to Live instead of using points.

Guardian Heroes HD is very good but not perfect. Feel free to check out my review, which I'll surely be posting again between now and then end of the sale. Worked hard on it!

[quote name='CodeTrader']I believe the Dodge Viper ACR (from Best Buy) and Ford Bronco (from GameStop) can both be unlocked by simply playing the game. The preorder bonus codes just instantly unlocked those vehicles. So no real loss there.

As for the Chrome BMW that was a preorder bonus from Kmart, that can also be easily unlocked by pressing a few controller buttons.

[edit for space]

Blur is a great game! :)[/QUOTE]

Ah good, I am aware the K-mart preorder bonus is an in-game code unlock (thus I didn't include it in my statement). As you can tell, I am still working on getting Blur off my backlog, so I had no idea the Best Buy and Gamestop vehicles were in-game unlockable. Which I approve, since it means I do not miss out on any content. I am relieved since that means one less title to be of concern for me. Thanks for letting me know.

As for Lollipop Chainsaw and Dead or Alive 5, I still wonder if those store specific preorder bonuses would be released (or are they also in-game unlockable, like the Japanese comic series outfits?). My concerns are still present whenever I see store specific content, for example I believe almost all the store specific preorder bonuses for Mass Effect 2 are available on the marketplace, with the exception of the Gamestop specific ones (SOL for those who chose to purchase from other locations). I just don't like the idea how I could be missing out on contents of a game.

Now I still wait on the X-men Origins: Wolverine preorder bonus to go on discount since 800MSP is a bit much to ask from me. The Bioshock 2 preorder characters was priced low enough for me to just purchase even though I don't recall it being on discount (grabbed the other items on discount and may as well round out the package). The only other game which I can remember at this time with preorder DLC on discount ever before was Just Cause 2. These types of DLC don't tend to find many discounts.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I was actually quite disappointed with Torchlight 1. I just don't think dungeon crawlers are my type of game, but I got bored about 2/3 of the way in and then just grinded my way to the finish.[/QUOTE]

I got Torchlight (1) for XBLA last time it was on discount. It is once again on discount on the Sales and Specials + app. Yet still, I have not gotten around to it as it is still in my backlog. I remember last time it was on Deal of the Week, the reception was quite positive, I think even from you, tylerh. You're just putting doubt into my head to make me stall playing the game soon-ish =P.

Well, with my slow game playing, at least I knocked off XBLA Banjo-Kazooie from my backlog recently, and I'm relatively content that this week doesn't have much for me to purchase to continually add to the backlog. The more I scratch off the list, the better, and I am working towards that. I know the pre-Black-Friday deals are already showing up for retail games, there should be some Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on the marketplace, and I hope to have some Microsoft Points ready for that time.

Playing Code of Princess gave me a whole new respect for Guardian Heroes.

To me, GH is rough as hell. I don't want more brawlers like GH, it's so over-the-top and ridiculous that it becomes more about cheesing the game relentlessly (Hell, Nicole is one of the most powerful characters just because her barrier spell can juggle foes for a ridiculous amount of damage if it catches them at a wall.). The hits are too light and enemies too samey to match the satisfaction of more classic brawlers but, man, it's unique. Nothing else is like it (Except for now Code of Princess which is largely "Diet Guardian Heroes: Missing The Point Edition" where the VAs and music dudes do such amazing work that it puts the rest of the game to shame.) and when you get a good pile of chaos going, it's a joyride. It's almost like if Slayers had a video game and there were characters apart from Lina Inverse that could actually contribute.

Also, by the way, Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise is still a cool, difficult idea that is not expressed especially well but it refines the formula from the rough, frayed, ugly mess that was the console release in so many ways that I can't stop playing it.

I'm sure this has been addressed already (but I missed any comments about it)...Are any of the Skyrim DLC's worth buying?

I've still got half of the game to go through and a hell of a backlog left, but if they are on sale I could probably pick them up now.

[quote name='masterd919']I'm sure this has been addressed already (but I missed any comments about it)...Are any of the Skyrim DLC's worth buying?

I've still got half of the game to go through and a hell of a backlog left, but if they are on sale I could probably pick them up now.[/QUOTE]
I Haven't played any of the Skyrim DLC, but if you got a hell of a backlog then you can wait. It's only 20-25% off for the two pieces of DLC and if the last Elder Scrolls sales are any indication, they will go on sale again plus more then likely for half off next time.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Haven't played any of the Skyrim DLC, but if you got a hell of a backlog then you can wait. It's only 20-25% off for the two pieces of DLC and if the last Elder Scrolls sales are any indication, they will go on sale again plus more then likely for half off next time.[/QUOTE]

Good point....I probably have about 50+ hours left of things to do in-game anyways. It's a shame that they are only doing 25% off now...50% off deals are absolutely killer.

As for my backlog, it's not getting any smaller with the upcoming season and Halo 4 (which will prevent me from playing anything else for at least a full month before moving on).

I was hoping the recently-expired Guitar Hero and DJ Hero deals would be replaced with more deals. They've done a pretty good job with regular sales over the last several weeks. If they're done, that's a shame because paying eight bucks for 3 DJ tunes gets the LOL HELL NO treatment

edit: Turns out I'm only missing 4 out of 16 packs... Wow. Didn't realize there was so little DJ Hero DLC.

edit 2: I can't help wondering if maybe the DJ Hero games would be a little more popular if they'd waited for the dubstep/EDM craze to hit. Hmm...

[quote name='Crono-00']As for Lollipop Chainsaw and Dead or Alive 5, I still wonder if those store specific preorder bonuses would be released (or are they also in-game unlockable, like the Japanese comic series outfits?). My concerns are still present whenever I see store specific content, for example I believe almost all the store specific preorder bonuses for Mass Effect 2 are available on the marketplace, with the exception of the Gamestop specific ones (SOL for those who chose to purchase from other locations). I just don't like the idea how I could be missing out on contents of a game.

Now I still wait on the X-men Origins: Wolverine preorder bonus to go on discount since 800MSP is a bit much to ask from me. The Bioshock 2 preorder characters was priced low enough for me to just purchase even though I don't recall it being on discount (grabbed the other items on discount and may as well round out the package). The only other game which I can remember at this time with preorder DLC on discount ever before was Just Cause 2. These types of DLC don't tend to find many discounts.[/QUOTE]

The Lollipop Chainsaw preorder costumes are not unlockable in game. Haven't heard anything about whether they might be released as DLC.

There have been other preorder DLCs that have been discounted on the marketplace. All of the preorder characters for War for Cybertron were released in the map packs (they might've all been in the first one), which have been on sale, got a price drop, then been on sale again. The preorder skins, challenge maps and Robin pack for Arkham City were on sale a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure the same applied for the preorder maps from Arkham Asylum. Just a matter of time for the Fall of Cybertron character packs (which contain the preorder characters) and the Borderlands 2 Mechromancer to go on sale.

Between Batman : AA, BioShock 2 and WFC, I thought devs / publishers were going the route of having preorder DLC available later through the console marketplaces. Why not get some extra revenue instead of letting eBay scalpers offer it for crazy prices? Then Epic released palette swap "Limited Edition" versions of the Gears 3 preorder characters as DLC.

[quote name='masterd919']Good point....I probably have about 50+ hours left of things to do in-game anyways. It's a shame that they are only doing 25% off now...50% off deals are absolutely killer.

As for my backlog, it's not getting any smaller with the upcoming season and Halo 4 (which will prevent me from playing anything else for at least a full month before moving on).[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I think I still might bite though, I dont see it going on sale again until we're a ways into 2013....ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back