XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Meh deciding if I should buy Guardian Heroes last minute. I just don't know when I would play it. Is it easy to find random online co-op partners? Maybe I can wait for it to go on sale again.[/QUOTE]

The correct answer is yes you should. The game worth the 800 it normally costs. And this is coming from a person that owns both the US & JP Saturn versions of the game.

When it comes to co-op as with most stuff it's more enjoyable with people you know but people you don't can make for some fun too. And it's been a minute since I've played it online but the sale should've brought new people to play with for now at least.

So buy it now because it took a year for it to go on sale in the first place. No telling when you'll have this opportunity again.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Looks like Puzzle Quest 1 and 2, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Puzzle Fighter, MTG 2011 and MTG 2012 for 400 points off each.[/QUOTE]
I literally have all of those, aside from Catan (ugh) I would say it's a good sale otherwise

Could they FINALLY put PQ: Revenge of the Plague Lord on sale already? It's hanging onto its 700 MS price point with an unyielding deathgrip. I was hoping they'd drop the price to coincide with the sale this week, but looks like that's not happening.

[quote name='xbox_man']Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne.
how are these games?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see your capitalization improving, Xbox man. Keep going and you'll get there! :D

To answer your question, they're both must-haves if you like board games. I prefer Carcassonne since it has local multiplayer, which Catan unfortunately lacks. If you'd like to know how the game itself works, check out my review of the WP7 version. The XBLA version is much better IMO, but the game rules stuff is the same in both.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GunstarRed']Could they FINALLY put PQ: Revenge of the Plague Lord on sale already? It's hanging onto its 700 MS price point with an unyielding deathgrip. I was hoping they'd drop the price to coincide with the sale this week, but looks like that's not happening.[/QUOTE]

No kidding--I've been waiting years on that DLC.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm just pissed because I already got Wreckateer for 400 points when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me to, well it could have been worse I suppose I could have paid 800 points for it :)

[quote name='eastx']I'm glad to see your capitalization improving, Xbox man. Keep going and you'll get there! :D

To answer your question, they're both must-haves if you like board games. I prefer Carcassonne since it has local multiplayer, which Cataan unfortunately lacks. If you'd like to know how the game itself works, check out my review of the WP7 version. The XBLA version is much better IMO, but the game rules stuff is the same in both.[/QUOTE]

I second the recommendations for Catan and Carcassonne. I bought them both full price with the River II expansion for the latter and have been happy. My cousin and I would play them when we wanted to wind down from a night of playing.

I'll probably pick up the Puzzle Quest titles since I've been wanting them. Though I think I might have got them during the many Steam sales. I'll have to double check.

That XBL anniversary sale is terrible. I believe I've gotten all that on sale before. Maybe I won't spend points. More for Black Friday I guess.

Carcassonne is easily one of my favorite arcade games. It's a must buy for $5.
Also,wtf is up with the Puzzle Quest DLC? I may as well just buy it soon.

Will be trying out a couple demos, but some of these I remember being on sale in the past and their demos not clicking with me in the past. When somebody mentioned Magic, I was hoping the 2013 version was going to go on sale, but doesn't appear to be the case (as of yet anyways).

Sales are up:

Carcassonne: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
Catan: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
Magic: The Gathering: 800 MSP (400 MSP off)
Magic 2012: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
Puzzle Quest: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
Puzzle Quest 2: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
Puzzle Fighter HD: 400 MSP (1/2 off)

S&S+ scratch & match loser deals:

Section 8 Prejudice: 600 MSP (1/2 off)
Frontier Colonies Map Pack: 160 MSP (1/2 off)
Overdrive Map Pack: 160 MSP (1/2 off)

[quote name='simmias']Do not, under any circumstances, buy Full House Poker. Worst purchase I've ever made in over 100 XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

You must not like poker I guess,because Full House Poker is pretty fun.I bought it last year for 400MSP and i have to say that i really enjoyed the game and even more when they do the daily Texas Heat games online.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']You must not like poker I guess,because Full House Poker is pretty fun.I bought it last year for 400MSP and i have to say that i really enjoyed the game and even more when they do the daily Texas Heat games online.[/QUOTE]

+1
It's a fun game.

Sorry to ask, but I can't find an answer anywhere: Where do you get the scratch and match app? I'm late to the party and I can't find it anywhere after the update. Looked in Game Sale area, used the Bing search, and can't find anything.

[quote name='midloo']Sorry to ask, but I can't find an answer anywhere: Where do you get the scratch and match app? I'm late to the party and I can't find it anywhere after the update. Looked in Game Sale area, used the Bing search, and can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

The app is called Sales and Specials+. Look for that under the applications section and you should find it.

Looks like next week's Deal of the Week is just one arcade game, I Am Alive. It's only 33% off for 800 msp. I'll wait till it hits 600 msp or maybe 400. It'll go lower

[quote name='Dustinator']Looks like next week's Deal of the Week is just one arcade game, I Am Alive. It's only 33% off for 800 msp. I'll wait till it hits 600 msp or maybe 400. It'll go lower[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing there will be a BF sale which isn't listed yet which is probably why there is only 1 game on sale next week.

I probably would have bitten on I Am Alive for 600MSP but for 800MSP I'll wait a bit longer. I guess being on sale now means no chance of being in a Black Friday deal?

[quote name='Gnort']I probably would have bitten on I Am Alive for 600MSP but for 800MSP I'll wait a bit longer. I guess being on sale now means no chance of being in a Black Friday deal?[/QUOTE] I HIGHLY doubt it. However, Wreckateer was 50% off at 400msp a week or two ago and it could possibly be free as part of the 10 Year Anniversary sale(awaiting confirmation that is a worldwide deal). So it's not entirely impossible.....Don't count on it though

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm guessing there will be a BF sale which isn't listed yet which is probably why there is only 1 game on sale next week.[/QUOTE]

Im actually kinda mad it wasn't mentioned in the blog. It also sucks microsoft took out the videos from the dash. Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?

[quote name='Gnort']I probably would have bitten on I Am Alive for 600MSP but for 800MSP I'll wait a bit longer. I guess being on sale now means no chance of being in a Black Friday deal?[/QUOTE]

I can't even imagine the nerdrage that would ensue if they stacked an additional discount atop the DOTW markdown. So yeah, I would not count on that happening.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's not on sale.[/QUOTE]

No big deal. I'll just wait until next year then. The original magic never had the expansions go on sale so I never bought them (the 2012 expansion was on sale before). It doesn't look like any of the expansions are on sale this time either.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im actually kinda mad it wasn't mentioned in the blog. It also sucks microsoft took out the videos from the dash. Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?[/QUOTE]
OMG I want Crazy Larry back. The Major has done the CL bit the past two years, so I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. I think it'll be a surprise and it'll hit the dash a day or two before Black Friday. COME ON CRAZY LARRY!!!!! :lol:

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']You must not like poker I guess,because Full House Poker is pretty fun.I bought it last year for 400MSP and i have to say that i really enjoyed the game and even more when they do the daily Texas Heat games online.[/QUOTE]
No, I love poker, which is why I can't stand this game.

Here's why I hate it:
  • Mind-numbingly stupid and predictable AI
  • Texas Heat ranking is based on "XP", which rarely correlates to how you're actually doing. The highest place people are always the ones at tables with lots of bots, because they can get more hands in (and you earn XP just for being dealt in)
  • Connection issues, kick issues, awful servers... this has been going on for years with this game
  • No stakes whatsoever for the Texas Heat games. If you get knocked out, you get more chips at another table. People play every single hand and rarely fold, and it becomes a game of 100% luck instead of a mix of luck and skill (which is why poker is so great)
  • This won't matter to some of you, but there are unobtainable achievements if you purchase now. Also, there are two achievements based on mindless grinding, one of which will take you 50+ hours.

This game will make you a worse poker player. I had really high hopes for it when it came out, too.

[quote name='Sath666']http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/campaign/live10th/home

Wreckateer - FREE

Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (50% off)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (50% off)

Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (50% off)

Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (50% off)

Bastion - 600msp (50% off)

Peggle - 400mp (50% off)

Full House Pocker - 400msp (50% off)[/QUOTE]

I'm in it for Bastion, Geometry Wars, and Full House Poker.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?[/QUOTE]

Yeah honestly Major Nelson gadding about I can live without. Here's hoping on a BF sale though.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']no GoD on sale? Sorry if i overlooked it :p

Does Full House Poker still have a good community, what about BF 1942?[/QUOTE]

Idk about full house (I'm sure plenty are still playing), BF still has a active community.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']no GoD on sale? Sorry if i overlooked it :p[/QUOTE]If you count Sonic Free Riders, then that's on sale. $15/1,200 MSP instead of $25/2,000 MSP.

They had Alan Wake American Nightmare at 600 msp when that was on sale but could not do the same for I Am Alive.
I don't know if I will pick it up for 800 or just wait for it in another sale.

Looks like for the 10 year anniversary sale there could be Game on Demand games as it says the price varies

[quote name='bardockkun']Puzzle Fighter for 400. I Have the Capcom Digital Collection, but don't know if I want to pay for it without it using my disc drive...[/QUOTE]

I actually just traded in my Capcom Digital Collection to Best Buy for $16, so this is perfect timing for me to be able to buy the best game on the disc back.

[quote name='Sath666']http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/campaign/live10th/home

Wreckateer - FREE

Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (50% off)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (50% off)

Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (50% off)

Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (50% off)

Bastion - 600msp (50% off)

Peggle - 400mp (50% off)

Full House Pocker - 400msp (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Like you say, it's highly unlikely, but I sure hope that is the Japan only list. All those games have been on sale tons of times.

[quote name='Zonic505']Coming to Xbox Live blog post is up.

I Am Alive to be 800 MSP next week (400 MSP off) & there will be a Xbox Live 10th Anniversary sale starting on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

I hate when they do 33% off. Like everyone else here, I'll pass at 800msp.

I'm also very excited to finally be able to pick up both Puzzle Quest games. It's been forever since they've been on sale, before I even had an Xbox 3+ years ago. So those 2 plus Super Puzzle Fighter make me very happy this week. Hope to see some black friday/cyber monday deals as well, though they weren't listed.

[quote name='simmias']No, I love poker, which is why I can't stand this game.

Here's why I hate it:
  • Mind-numbingly stupid and predictable AI
  • Texas Heat ranking is based on "XP", which rarely correlates to how you're actually doing. The highest place people are always the ones at tables with lots of bots, because they can get more hands in (and you earn XP just for being dealt in)
  • Connection issues, kick issues, awful servers... this has been going on for years with this game
  • No stakes whatsoever for the Texas Heat games. If you get knocked out, you get more chips at another table. People play every single hand and rarely fold, and it becomes a game of 100% luck instead of a mix of luck and skill (which is why poker is so great)
  • This won't matter to some of you, but there are unobtainable achievements if you purchase now. Also, there are two achievements based on mindless grinding, one of which will take you 50+ hours.

This game will make you a worse poker player. I had really high hopes for it when it came out, too.[/QUOTE]

I will second everything simmias posted. Terrible poker game.

[quote name='bajingo']I enjoyed the first puzzle quest enough to finish it, is 2nd just more of the same?[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Quest 1 is a much better game, but PQ 2 isn't bad. Check out my Puzzle Quest 2 review for some highly researched comparisons between the two games. The review covers the WP7 version, but it's virtually identical to the console game.

Would have purchased I AM ALIVE if it was 50% off. I am cheap...

I just purchased wreckateer on sale and I enjoyed what I played. Very fun and works well so I highly recommend for FREE. ;)

[quote name='eastx']Puzzle Quest 1 is a much better game, but PQ 2 isn't bad. Check out my Puzzle Quest 2 review for some highly researched comparisons between the two games. The review covers the WP7 version, but it's virtually identical to the console game.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Well I just bought it, I'm sure it's worth $5. Good review

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Does Full House Poker still have a good community[/QUOTE]
Surprisingly, yes. Probably 2000 people playing the Texas Heat games at a time, and it's pretty easy to find a tournament, too. But that might be because they released more achievements recently - it was pretty dead before that, from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back