XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bajingo']fuck yeah. I've never even heard of that one bike game thats included in this one.[/QUOTE]

I have, though it lacks character. Road Rash has left an itch that never quite went away.:lol:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Its hard for me to care about that Alex Kidd pack at all.

I wish there was a Road Rash collection[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!!!! :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']True that. They were on a roll for a few weeks with Catherine(Love that game), SR2, Metro, Darksiders, and others going for 50% off. I know people def. bought those titles, so I wonder why they stopped? I would jump at l4d2 at $20 but there are other thins that I rather buy. Hopefully the 1 day sales on friday and monday have some good games at 1200 or less.[/QUOTE]

One day sales? So there is still hope that I may not have something on sale that I already want?!

This is an awesome sale and im jelly of you guys that are taking advantage of it. Im sittin on about 3000 points right now. After I saw the list of sales today i figured id go ahead and buy the Halo 4 Season Pass for my XBRewards kick but now i still have hope! If there are going to be one day sales that is :lol:

went back and read a few pages, SWEET! I really thought the marketplace messed up today and we were getting an accidental look at Friday's deals. Its amazing how much your mind can wonder while at work with no internet all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty much already have all of the arcade titles I would want from this besides possibly Rock Band as I've never owned anything from the franchise (I know, seriously?).

What's wrong with me? I'm also thinking of picking up all of the Sega Vintage Collection titles. How many times can I play Golden Axe and Streets of Rage? How many times can I let Sega pull one over on me? New achievements and a chance to replay them again? No problem!

Picked up Bastion and Rock Band Blitz. 400 points to last me. Hopefully there will be a nice cheap game on black friday that hasn't gone on sale yet coughdeepblackorscarygirlplzcough. Should be able to pick up a card from somewhere black friday. Gonna skip Ryder White and just buy Dead Island GOTY. And i think i'll pick up Dishonered, it looks enough like bioshock to be entertaining.

Gonna be a busy black friday.

i was going to have a go at the ninja game in the Alex Kidd Sega Vintage game but the trial is only for Alex Kidd. Can anybody tell me how that ninja game plays and if is worth it? Have not heard of that racing game either.

[quote name='xbox_man']i was going to have a go at the ninja game in the Alex Kidd Sega Vintage game but the trial is only for Alex Kidd. Can anybody tell me how that ninja game plays and if is worth it? Have not heard of that racing game either.[/QUOTE]
Are you calling Shinobi "that ninja game"? Really?

Tempted to get the Sega Vintage Collections of Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, but I already have both the XBLA versions of Golden Axe and Streets of Rage 2, and have Streets of Rage on my Wii. Probably gonna wait until they are at 200 MSP to bite.

Played the demo for the South Park game and whilst I'm a big South Park fan (loved the previous XBLA one), the game only seemed ok. Again, will pick it up in the future if it's cheaper.
Hopefully the BF and CM sales will have something that I want.

Ahhh, Wonder Boy in Monster Land... the old trick of shaking the joystick to gain more money from hidden coins... it's nearly impossible to play when manly tears are flowing with full force down memory lane...

[quote name='GunstarRed']Yes, the Dreamcast disc port is identical to the XBLA version. Male avatars get a Morolian costume, females Ulala.

I'm saddened that so few people recognize Ulala when I wear the avatar costume in online multiplayer games, then again, how many Space Channel 5 fans would be playing Poker online?[/QUOTE]
Really? You're going to sport the "Chun Li" while others in this forum want to see your Ulala? :D

[quote name='biledriver']Pretty much every special deal is open to all. Only the DOTW tends to be gold only. I can't think of any exceptions off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]
Only the "Family Deal of the Week", and rarely, an occasional full-disc title. Of course, what's the point in purchasing Forza car packs or Halo map packs if you're not GOLD? :)

Here are the one day deals:

Nov 23rd

Quantum Conundrum

Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Arctic Strike DLC

Batman AC - Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC

Mass Effect 3 - Leviathan DLC

Forza Horizon - October Car Pack

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/promotion/special-sales_121123

Nov 26th

The Expendables 2 Videogame

The Expendables 2 - Full Access and Upgrade pack

REAL STEEL

Shadow Complex

Left 4 Dead 2 - Cold Stream DLC

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/promotion/special-sales_121126

Courtesy to @lifelower - https://twitter.com/lifelower

[quote name='Chrono Gear']What a great bummer and relief at the same time. I can cross Target off the top of the list then. I'm assuming the Forza Horizon for $15 was also a misprint. Otherwise that's an insane deal.[/QUOTE]
I knew those were mis-prints as soon as I saw them, since the wholesale price on those is at least $15, and Forza was released only 1 month ago. If you want cheap points, then CrazyGameTime linked in the "Xbox Points & Subscriptions" thread here @ CAG is still your best option, and the 5x5 code(s) will literally arrive within 3 minutes by email. Remember, buying multiple 1600's or 2400's may be cheaper than a single 4000 (especially with their occasional discount codes on FB or each product page), so do the math on whatever's in stock! :lol:

MS may be cannibalistic on their own MSRP's for games that don't sell 1M copies right out of the gate (Ninja Gaiden II dropping to $40 within 1 month is an example), but Forza's review scores are still good (even if it loses in any comparison to NFS:MW), and the pandering of overpriced DLC has only just begun for that title ... seriously, what game has a $50 season pass???

BTW, the OP now has the "Sales & Specials+" app updated:
  • Good news ... there's some decent titles amongst the Scratch & Win section
  • Bad news ... we're back to the (broken) Tiger Woods 13 courses for the Chain Reaction.
  • Indifferent ... the Mystery Wheel has rusted by now with the same 7 avatar items.
I also removed last week's items, tweaked a little formatting, and added some commentary for the sale-priced Games on Demand titles.

[quote name='Sath666']Here are the one day deals:

Nov 23rd

Quantum Conundrum

Nov 26th

REAL STEEL

Shadow Complex

Courtesy to @lifelower - https://twitter.com/lifelower[/QUOTE]
If that's true then I feel sorry for the saps who got the Forza Horizon pack day one. Though Quantum Conundrum. Yes. Harley's Revenge. Hells yes! Leviathan DLC. Without a doubt! Cold Stream DLC. SOLD!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Sweet, I'm gonna grab LF4D2 and all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 280 per piece is not bad at all. I'm thinking about buying them as well. Already have GoD version of the game. :)

Nov 23rd
Quantum Conundrum

Nov 26th
REAL STEEL
Shadow Complex

Added to the OP with possible 50% savings values ... thanks!

Great job on the OP, Cornelius!

Well, I finally broke down and bought Left 4 Dead 2 on GoD along with the DLC on sale. I've been holding out for a lower price forever and it's just not happening, so I'd rather pick up the game and play it before the next Xbox system comes out. Sure, I paid much less for the PC version more than a year ago, but it's such a fun game, I'll easily get my $20+ worth on 360.

Nov 23rd
Quantum Conundrum

Nov 26th
REAL STEEL
Shadow Complex

A pretty measly list, especially in comparison to last year's Black Friday one day sale... but, since this year they decided to match it with the amazing discounts started yesterday, I guess that every cloud has a silver lining :)

Plus, it serves me as a reminder that I still have to complete Shadow Complex at least once...! :bouncy:

Please oh please let Shadow Complex be 400 points. I've heard nothing but great things about it, but every time it goes on sale, it goes to 600.

[quote name='Junpei']Ahhh, Wonder Boy in Monster Land... the old trick of shaking the joystick to gain more money from hidden coins... it's nearly impossible to play when manly tears are flowing with full force down memory lane...[/QUOTE]

lol

damn havent played shadow complex since they banned my gamertag and console for life :(

need some more arcade games. i am getting sick playing halo 4 trying to reach the 140 hours played multiplayer lol

[quote name='billydeewilliams']damn havent played shadow complex since they banned my gamertag and console for life :(

need some more arcade games. i am getting sick playing halo 4 trying to reach the 140 hours played multiplayer lol[/QUOTE]
what'd you do

[quote name='irafreak']Hahahaha....I'm going to go ahead and admit that Real Steel is on my want list....[/QUOTE]

Me too. It is normally 800 so hope it is 400 msp or smaller.

With the forza horizon dlc, is there dlc released every month or something?
I think my brother is getting the game and don't know if we should get this October pack dlc, season pass soon, or wait and hope the season pass goes on sale at end of year like a lot of season passes did.

I am hoping the wwe 13 Fan pass goes cheap at christmas

Nov 23rd

Quantum Conundrum

Nov 26th

REAL STEEL

Shadow Complex

I'm definitely in for the ME3 DLC and will see on Quantum Conundrum. I believe it's free for PS+ users so I probably won't double dip here. Everything else seems meh since I already own all L4D2 DLC and Shadow Complex.

Disappointed there isn't more deals for the 23rd and 26th, but ah well MS did also have this holidays sale.

Probably only gonna pick up Cold Stream outta the BF and CM deals, bought the Levianthan and Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC day one so I'll probably pass on the rest.

Those one day deals are just as bad. Guess there's no point in waiting on Magic and the DLC. Leviathan on Friday will be the only purchase for me this week.

Nov 23rd

Quantum Conundrum

Nov 26th

REAL STEEL

Shadow Complex

Yuck. Thanks for posting, that Japanese website has brought nothing but bad news. Quantum Conundrum is cool, but I just got it for "free" on that other console. Will maybe consider Expendables and Real Steel if their discounted by 75% or more. However, my guess is that Shadow Complex will be the game that gets the deep discount, as it's been around forever and on sale many times!

[quote name='irafreak']Hahahaha....I'm going to go ahead and admit that Real Steel is on my want list....[/QUOTE]

Have you played the demo? I tried to talk myself into it when it was $5 on PSN, but I thought it felt really bland and boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']I knew those were mis-prints as soon as I saw them, since the wholesale price on those is at least $15, and Forza was released only 1 month ago. If you want cheap points, then CrazyGameTime linked in the "Xbox Points & Subscriptions" thread here @ CAG is still your best option, and the 5x5 code(s) will literally arrive within 3 minutes by email. Remember, buying multiple 1600's or 2400's may be cheaper than a single 4000 (especially with their occasional discount codes on FB or each product page), so do the math on whatever's in stock! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea I still don't trust that website yet. I'm stocked up fine from the Buy.com deal a month or so ago. I just like to keep my eyes open for good deals as I like to keep at least $100 worth of points available at all times (especially this time of year). I ripped through 3200 points in 2 minutes Tuesday morning on the must-haves and I will likely drop more on the maybes.

Based on the one day list I'm definitely in for ME 3's and Batman's DLC, and possibly Quantum Conundrum (already got it free on PS+), REEL STEEL and The Expendables Video Game. Those last two are only if I'm desperate to blow some points. REEL STEEL is boring as hell based on my demo play and I can't imagine the Expendables game is any good.

Definitely not a great one day sale list, but not terrible either. First time sales, even if they are on content no one wants, is still way better than repeat sales. I'm guessing we can look forward to a Fez one day sale during the Countdown to New Year's sale (I hope).

[quote name='tylerh1701']on that other console.[/QUOTE]

OMG you have that OTHER console???????????????????
TRAITOR!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Junpei']Ahhh, Wonder Boy in Monster Land... the old trick of shaking the joystick to gain more money from hidden coins... it's nearly impossible to play when manly tears are flowing with full force down memory lane...[/QUOTE]
I wish we had the SMS versions here

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I wish we had the SMS versions here[/QUOTE]

Do you really? From what I remember, it wasn't exactly a good port, but from a completionist perspective I sure hoped Sega would hand us all the other Wonder Boy titles as unlockables, much like Backbone did in the Mega Dive/Genesis Ultimate Collection with some games... anyway, at least, the fact that I finally can play Monster World IV in a comprehensible language is an excellent tradeoff :)

What is the situation with the dead island dlc, only bloodbath arena contains achievements, what does the other one offer? I am aware that the goty version also includes a weapon blueprint, is this needed?

I already have the vanilla unopened, but would rather just drop 400 on bloodbath if the others are not needed to make the game better, rather than getting the goty.

[quote name='GUNNM']So Harley Quinn revenge for 560 points? I guess I'll take it[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind it's really short (around 30-40mins) and disappointing dlc, that adds nothing at all. It's one linear mission and you are not able to explore or anything.

[quote name='GUNNM']So Harley Quinn revenge for 560 points? I guess I'll take it[/QUOTE]
Was there an update for the Nov. 23rd BF single-day event? Still seeing 800pts on the Xbox Japan page, no announcement from Major Nelson, and nothing on XBLDB either.

BTW, remember there's only a few days left on the Minecraft charity "Halloween skins" offer.
[quote name='PlayXBLA']The Halloween Skin Pack features 55 new skins, all of which have been donated by cool games developers from around the world. 100% (=ALL!) of the purchase price will go to the four great causes, collectively chosen by Mojang, 4J Studios and Microsoft Studios. This special skin pack will only be on sale until Monday 26th November, you will not be able to upgrade from the Preview (free) to the Full ($) pack after that date. Some of the skins have capes and 4J Studios recently announced that they will be adding special animations to some of the Halloween skins, via a future title update, so if you want that coolness to be added to these skins you need to buy them before the 26th November.[/QUOTE]
More info & examples of where the $$$ goes here, and you can pickup the skins for only 160pts here.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']What is the situation with the dead island dlc, only bloodbath arena contains achievements, what does the other one offer? I am aware that the goty version also includes a weapon blueprint, is this needed?

I already have the vanilla unopened, but would rather just drop 400 on bloodbath if the others are not needed to make the game better, rather than getting the goty.[/QUOTE]

The Ryder White DLC is a good campaign (about 5-6 hours), people don't like it because it doesn't have achievements, but story-wise completes the game. The blue print (from the GOTY) is totally unnecesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back